UFC 2010 Undisputed

GatorBait19

I am so hyped for this one, but here is something that makes me wonder

Kimbo introduced the video for it, and he was a featured fighter in it (knocked out someone) but roster were probably set 2 to 4 months ago right? So did Dana believe then Kimbo could help and that he would be in the UFC, because Dana is no dummy, Kimbo equals some sort of money to that company

Any whooooo, can't wait for the game and I pray they improved the career mode

Kimbo signed his deal with the UFC before TUF, it wasn't he had to win the show to be in the UFC, just look at the disclosed pay outs from the TUF Finale, all the contestants from the show that fought received $8,000 base with another 8 for a win where Kimbo got a flat $25,000

The one thing I am curious is if people like Arlovski and Sylvia will be in the 2010 game, I understand that UFC makes people sign their rights agreement for life but it will be interesting to see if they are in the game a second time around to help bolster the roster

Kimbo signed his deal with the UFC before TUF, it wasn't he had to win the show to be in the UFC, just look at the disclosed pay outs from the TUF Finale, all the contestants from the show that fought received $8,000 base with another 8 for a win where Kimbo got a flat $25,000

The one thing I am curious is if people like Arlovski and Sylvia will be in the 2010 game, I understand that UFC makes people sign their rights agreement for life but it will be interesting to see if they are in the game a second time around to help bolster the roster

what about HENDO????

Kimbo got a ton more than $25 grand for that fight - bare in mind that he was earning well into six figures in Elite XC and you're nearer the mark.

With Arlovski, Sylvia etc - if they are locked into deals with Strikeforce at the time of the games release (which we know Hendo will be for one) then they won't be featured. If the UFC owns their digital image rights then they wont be able to appear in the EA game, but there seems little point in promoting a competitor's fighter in your game.

Kimbo got a ton more than $25 grand for that fight - bare in mind that he was earning well into six figures in Elite XC and you're nearer the mark.

With Arlovski, Sylvia etc - if they are locked into deals with Strikeforce at the time of the games release (which we know Hendo will be for one) then they won't be featured. If the UFC owns their digital image rights then they wont be able to appear in the EA game, but there seems little point in promoting a competitor's fighter in your game.

that was Elite XC, it's why they went under (paid way to much to fighters)

Dana see Dollar signs around Kimbo, but to the tune of six figures hell no, if that was the case, he'd be fighting on PPV only not tv

that was Elite XC, it's why they went under (paid way to much to fighters)

Dana see Dollar signs around Kimbo, but to the tune of six figures hell no, if that was the case, he'd be fighting on PPV only not tv

I know for a fact that Kimbo was paid around the six figure mark for that fight. My editor had him and his manager on the phone for a pretty lengthy interview a while back.

The $25,000 is a 'to fight' purse only that has to be legaly disclosed. Fighters in the UFC's higher pay brackets recieve all manner of contractual payments upon completion of the various stages of their commitments. Then there are the often aluded to 'locker room bonuses'.

How do you think guys like Mike Bisping are millionaires on their disclosed purses? Hint: It's nothing to do with sponsorships or PPV percentages.

I know for a fact that Kimbo was paid around the six figure mark for that fight. My editor had him and his manager on the phone for a pretty lengthy interview a while back.

The $25,000 is a 'to fight' purse only that has to be legaly disclosed. Fighters in the UFC's higher pay brackets recieve all manner of contractual payments upon completion of the various stages of their commitments. Then there are the often aluded to 'locker room bonuses'.

How do you think guys like Mike Bisping are millionaires on their disclosed purses? Hint: It's nothing to do with sponsorships or PPV percentages.

I'm with you. Often times, the fact that it is a flat fee with no win bonus is an indicator that there is more money changing hands than what is reported. That's how Fedor's last deal was reported as well.

Hence why I included disclosed payroll to avoid this as it is enough to show he had a different contract than the rest of the TUF contestants

I also think Hendo will be in Undisputed as its not so much about the UFC gaining sales b/c of him but it takes away from EA's ammo while promoting, similar to Couture, will him being in the game sell a significant more games just b/c of him? It of course will help boost their popularity but it seemed every post with complaints about Undisputed brought up him not being in the game as a major disappointment since most people were unaware of his EA games contract for Command and Conquer and how he was one of the few the UFC did not require to sign over their personal image rights

With the reports of Hendo fighting in April and it rumored to be against Shields if he wins the Middleweight title but is in the UFC game it will be a blow to EA by not having one of their main in game promotion title holders not in it. He only recently left the UFC and since he was in Undisputed it means he signed the controversial agreement to give the UFC their rights

Archived