question about salary cap

I got a huuuge problem. I am playing USPW. It's the year 2018 and I am number 2 in the world dead set on going for number 1 (TCW is #1 at this time). Ernest Youngman is one of my big stars that can get me an A rated match whenever I need it. I actually only got 3 guys that I can count on putting on A matches with almost everybody and he is one of them. His contract comes up and boom... Alicia Strong only allows me to give him 45k per month. Salary cap used to be 60k and now all of a sudden it's 45k even though we got more money than we can realistically spend ever with more coming in every month. So Youngman will be gone. In three months Lassana Makutsi's contract is up. Losing Youngman is horrible but losing Makutsi would be "omg I don't want to continue this save game". So what can I do to get her to raise the max salary I can give out until then?

I got a huuuge problem. I am playing USPW. It's the year 2018 and I am number 2 in the world dead set on going for number 1 (TCW is #1 at this time). Ernest Youngman is one of my big stars that can get me an A rated match whenever I need it. I actually only got 3 guys that I can count on putting on A matches with almost everybody and he is one of them. His contract comes up and boom... Alicia Strong only allows me to give him 45k per month. Salary cap used to be 60k and now all of a sudden it's 45k even though we got more money than we can realistically spend ever with more coming in every month. So Youngman will be gone. In three months Lassana Makutsi's contract is up. Losing Youngman is horrible but losing Makutsi would be "omg I don't want to continue this save game". So what can I do to get her to raise the max salary I can give out until then?

Job the worker so their pop goes down so they won't ask for as much money when the time comes.

Without the editor... nothing.

WITH the editor, you could alter her owner preferences so that she's happier to splash the case OR you could manually edit the contracts of people you think she's being unreasonable about. :)

EDIT: And Apu's suggestion too... I'm too ill to remember what I do now, that's not a good sign. :p

Job the worker so their pop goes down so they won't ask for as much money when the time comes.

I've been doing this and it was all good as long as I could still throw around $55k contracts. But with a 45k cap looking at what my workers are earning right I'd have to job my A* guys down to like a C+ every time their contract comes up. Gonna be really tough to keep a main event scene going unless all of them sign for 3-4 years which they usually dont.

Without the editor... nothing.

WITH the editor, you could alter her owner preferences so that she's happier to splash the case OR you could manually edit the contracts of people you think she's being unreasonable about. :)

EDIT: And Apu's suggestion too... I'm too ill to remember what I do now, that's not a good sign. :p

I guess I will try that. So I set finance to "flashy" anything else that will take care of my problem? What about the "roster turnover" stat? What's that good for? :)

ahh damn I got so far in this game without cheating but she is just setting up roadblock after roadblock for me. I had to pass on so many great opportunities because I got the "can't hire worker from cult or above" owner goal three times in a row.

I guess I will try that. So I set finance to "flashy" anything else that will take care of my problem? What about the "roster turnover" stat? What's that good for? :)

ahh damn I got so far in this game without cheating but she is just setting up roadblock after roadblock for me. I had to pass on so many great opportunities because I got the "can't hire worker from cult or above" owner goal three times in a row.

Okay, I'm confused.

You had to pass on so many great opportunities because of your owner...but you're #2 in the world anyway? Doesn't that tell you that you don't NEED any one (or two or five or ten) worker to be successful? Can you not succeed without paying people more than 45k a month?

I'm asking, not telling btw. I usually play freestyle because I hate owner goals (I always get the most unrealistic ones :( ) but the challenge of it is what's often cited as a reason to play straight edge so I'm curious.

I did fairly well at building up stars I guess. :) I could work around the owner goals quite well but the salary cap is making it tough. There is lots of workers who get more than 45k on my roster. Basically my whole main event and upper midcard. If I have to job them all out whenever their contract is up or let them go I'm not gonna have much of a roster anymore. :)

Plus yeah...owner goals make it more challenging and I aprecciate the challange but at some point I think "please let me sign one guy....ONE GUY from a bigger promotion" after getting hit with the not cult or above owner goal for like six years straight. :) Owners never forgive either. I re-signed Chance Fortune even though it was against an owner goal like six or seven years ago and Alicia Strong is still kinda mad because of that.

Archived