Narratives Question

Are worker deaths, retirements and injuries included in the Narratives for Workers in the new TEW? By injuries, I of course mean out of the ring injuries, since in-ring injuries happening would obviously depend on the booking. And as morbid as it may sound, I would like to be able to set a death date for a worker. I know that any savegame is always fantasy, but I just feel.. weird using a worker that has died by the time of my current game. It just feels awkward.

These were not addressed in the Journal.

Are worker deaths, retirements and injuries included in the Narratives for Workers in the new TEW? By injuries, I of course mean out of the ring injuries, since in-ring injuries happening would obviously depend on the booking. And as morbid as it may sound, I would like to be able to set a death date for a worker. I know that any savegame is always fantasy, but I just feel.. weird using a worker that has died by the time of my current game. It just feels awkward.

These were not addressed in the Journal.

I dunno, for me it would depend on how he died. If it was something unavoidable (like an inherited condition catching up with them or old age) I would feel weird about using them, but something like a car accident or drug related (things that could be avoided through action on my part) wouldn't bother me. Heck, I might just use them to help them avoid that fate and change history. :) Perhaps if a death date was added, it could be set to either be a hard date (IE: a congenital heart defect kills Worker Y, or Old age catches up with Worker X) or a soft date (IE: Worker Z died in a car accident in Idaho, Worker S overdosed). Best of both worlds. :)

I dunno, for me it would depend on how he died. If it was something unavoidable (like an inherited condition catching up with them or old age) I would feel weird about using them, but something like a car accident or drug related (things that could be avoided through action on my part) wouldn't bother me. Heck, I might just use them to help them avoid that fate and change history. :) Perhaps if a death date was added, it could be set to either be a hard date (IE: a congenital heart defect kills Worker Y, or Old age catches up with Worker X) or a soft date (IE: Worker Z died in a car accident in Idaho, Worker S overdosed). Best of both worlds. :)

I can see how you could save somebody from an overdose, but how do you save somebody from a car crash?

MAYBE, just maybe, you could have somebody that has had more severe head trauma be more erratic and prone to this kind of stuff like crashes, suicides, doing jail time, and such.

So when your top worker Benoits, you only have yourself to blame for having him dropped on his head by Kikkawa all these years.

I am hoping you can trigger stuff like death and injurys and so forth. That is a big part of an idea i am coming up with. A huge death in the industry would create a new era....a injury would create workers not working so stiff....a big drug bust would cut down on roid use and so forth. All my stuff is going to need to be "triggered" if it can happen that way.

I can see how you could save somebody from an overdose, but how do you save somebody from a car crash?

He works that day in a different state. He loses his job and never buys the car. He was drunk but with your help sobered up. Maybe he fell in love (started a relationship in the game) and decided to not go for the ride. You change one thing in the past who knows what the future brings.

He works that day in a different state. He loses his job and never buys the car. He was drunk but with your help sobered up. Maybe he fell in love (started a relationship in the game) and decided to not go for the ride. You change one thing in the past who knows what the future brings.

This is what I was thinking of when I wrote that. He can't very well be getting hit by a drunk driver in Maine when he's in California getting ready for a show that day. :)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="masterded" data-cite="masterded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25635" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He works that day in a different state. He loses his job and never buys the car. He was drunk but with your help sobered up. Maybe he fell in love (started a relationship in the game) and decided to not go for the ride. You change one thing in the past who knows what the future brings.</div></blockquote><p> But that could all result in a terrible, disastrous time paradox that might destroy the entire space time continuum as we know it!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25635" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But that could all result in a terrible, disastrous time paradox that might destroy the entire space time continuum as we know it!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Of course, this has already happened. Why do you think we watch promotions like WWE and names such as Hulk Hogan instead of the SWF and Sam Strong?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jennie Bomb" data-cite="Jennie Bomb" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25635" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Of course, this has already happened. Why do you think we watch promotions like WWE and names such as Hulk Hogan instead of the SWF and Sam Strong?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> don't be silly, haven't you seen the episode of scrubs with the butterfly, things always turn out the same anyway!</p>

Archived