Ring of Honor: The Audience Has Spoken (Present Day)

RING OF HONOR: The Audience Has Spoken

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3050/rohheavyweight.jpg

Ring of Honor World Champion

"The Greatest Man That Ever Lived"

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8185/austinaries23.jpg

Austin Aries

Current Pick 6 Rankings:

1. Claudio Castagnoli

2. Kevin Steen

3. Chris Hero

4. Kenny King

5. Tyler Black

6. Roderick Strong

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5302/rohtag.jpg

Ring of Honor World Tag Team Champions

The Briscoe Brothers

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7161/jaybriscoe6.jpghttp://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3861/markbriscoe6.jpg

Jay and Mark Briscoe

Current Tag Team Division:

The American Wolves (Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards)

Dark City Fight Club (Jon Davis and Kory Chavis)

Rhett Titus and Kenny King

Switchblade Conspiracy (Jon Moxley and Sami Callihan)

The House of Truth (Christian Able and Josh Raymond)

The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli)

Up In Smoke (Cheech and Cloudy)

Survival of the Fittest 2009 Winner

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/508/tylerblack5.jpg

Tyler Black

Current Roster

Main Eventers

Austin Aries

Brian Kendrick

Chris Hero

Colt Cabana

Davey Richards

Jerry Lynn

Steve Corino

Tyler Black

Upper Mid-Carders

Claudio Castagnoli

Eddie Edwards

Jay Briscoe

Jimmy Rave

Kevin Steen

Necro Butcher

Roderick Strong

Sonjay Dutt

Mid-Carders

Brent Albright

Delirious

Eddie Kingston

El Generico

Erick Stevens

Human Tornado

Jack Evans

Joey Ryan

Mark Briscoe

Rhett Titus

Rocky Romero

Teddy Hart

Lower Mid-Carders

Alex Kozlov

Bison Smith

Jon Davis

Kenny King

Kenny Omega

Sami Callihan

Openers

Cheech

Cloudy

Josh Raymond

Kory Chavis

Enhancement Talent

Christian Able

Jon Moxley

Managers

Larry Sweeney

Prince Nana

Announcer

Dave Prazak

Color Commentator

Lenny Leonard

Referees

Paul Turner

Todd Sinclair

Road Agent

Jim Cornette

January 2010

The Ring of Honor audience has turned on entertainers in the past. Notable names have received mixed or negative responses from the ROH faithful, including the Insane Clown Posse, Konnan, and most notably Jeff Hardy. But there was a reason for Hardy's round of jeering. By the summer of 2003, it was well known that Hardy had lost his passion for professional wrestling, something that is viewed as a sin to the internet faithful that my company attracts.

The night that Jeff Hardy had in ROH in 2003 was primarily his own fault. His comments about no longer loving pro wrestling, combined with his choice of having his inexperienced protege Krazy K involved in the match forced any audience member that may have been willing to give him a chance to quickly turn against him. What I'm trying to say, is that the audience turning on Jeff Hardy was understandable, whether you agree with it or not.

I've been here since the beginning. Since the Era of Honor Begins. Don't get me wrong, my role was nothing to the one I'm about to take - I was just a kid hanging around an indy show. But I kept coming. I kept doing my part. I set up chairs. I worked on the ring crew. I got coffee, doughnuts, and whatever else was asked of me at every single show. I was there to see Eddie Guerrero, God rest his soul, compete in an ROH ring. I saw Low Ki become Ring of Honor Champion. To my recollection, the Jeff Hardy incident was the first time that the Ring of Honor fans reacted so negatively to a match or segment. It was a rare occurrence, and one that can be easily overlooked when you consider what followed on that particular show - CM Punk pouring beer down Raven's throat, and Paul London's farewell to the independent scene... And now that I think about it, that bastard still owes us cookies and milk.

My point is this: in the near 8 years of Ring of Honor's existence there has NEVER been a moment like there was at Final Battle 2009.

I'm not referring to Eddie Kingston gaining some measure of revenge over Chris Hero, nor am I referring to the ROH returns of Alex Kozlov, Rocky Romero, Jack Evans, and Teddy Hart.

No, what I'm referring to is the main event: Ring of Honor World Champion Austin Aries vs. Survival of the Fittest winner Tyler Black. The match was over a year in the making, and this was viewed by many as the match that would end the feud that originally started when Black's former leader Jimmy Jacobs attempted to recruit Austin Aries into the Age of the Fall.

But it wasn't.

Instead the two men fought to a 60 minute time limit draw in the main event of our biggest show of the year, and the first Ring of Honor show ever broadcast live over the internet. It was a failure, and for what may be the first time in Ring of Honor history, the live audience completely rejected a main event match between two established independent stars.

And so here we are.

My name is Matt. The work that I've put in, driving myself to every show on this continent, it's finally paid off at the expense of another.

Today I take the big job.

This Dynasty is using XxFutureLegend112xX's A New Power is Rising January 2010 data, so thanks go out to him. It's my first go of writing a diary, and this is really just meant to entertain me, at least until I buy TEW2010. :p This is obviously inspired by the crowd response, and subsequent discussion taking place on the ROH message boards about the main event of Final Battle 2009. Yes, it over-dramatizes the fallout quite a bit, but it seemed like as interesting a point to start from as any. Anything that ROH has announced for upcoming shows up to this point (the January 29th WrestleReunion show and Tyler Black vs. Austin Aries for the 8th Anniversary Show) will be kept as best as the game allows.

January 12th Newswire

- It's our duty to announce that Ring of Honor and staff member Adam Pearce have mutually agreed to part ways. Adam began as an important part of the ROH roster, taking part in memorable feuds like ROH vs. CZW and Homicide vs. Jim Cornette. He went on to become a member of the backstage staff team, and has been invaluable in that role. We wish Adam the best in all future endeavors.

- The current Pick 6 Ratings are: 1. Claudio Castagnoli, 2. Kevin Steen, 3. Chris Hero, 4. Kenny King, 5. Tyler Black, 6. Roderick Strong

- We're just over 2 weeks away from Ring of Honor's Southern California debut! Here is what you'll be seeing on January 29th:

8 Man Tag Team War

Ring of Honor World Tag Team Champions Jay and Mark Briscoe, Eddie Kingston, and The Necro Butcher vs. The American Wolves (Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) and The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) w/ Larry Sweeney

First Time Ever: Non-Title match

Ring of Honor World Champion Austin Aries vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima

Grudge Match

Jerry Lynn vs. "Pretty Boy Pitbull" Kenny King

"Boiling Point" Rematch

Roderick Strong vs. Delirious

Special Challenge Match #1

Survival of the Fittest winner Tyler Black vs. Joey "Magnum" Ryan w/ Prince Nana

Special Challenge Match #2

The Human Tornado vs. Kevin Steen

Anything Goes Match

Brent Albright vs. Erick Stevens w/ Prince Nana

Tag Team Action

Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana and El Generico vs. Bison Smith w/ Prince Nana and "Addicted to Love" Rhett Titus

- Prince Nana is not taking Joey Ryan's match against Tyler Black lightly. With his associate, Claudio Castagnoli, reforming the Kings of Wrestling with Chris Hero, Nana is jumping at the chance to move another member of the Embassy into the Pick 6. "Tyler Black! Time and time again you have been given a chance at the Ring of Honor World Title. Where are the chances for the Embassy!? On January 29th, my Hired Magnum is going to take that fool Tyler Black's place in the Pick 6, and then he will claim the World title for the Embassy! Hahaha!"

- ROH Officials have continually been attempting to get into contact with Kevin Steen, but he still refuses to comment on his brutal assault on El Generico, as well as the looming threat of Human Tornado returning to ROH competition to gain some measure of revenge for his friend. Steve Corino, however, has promised that he will be giving the ROH faithful a piece of his mind when we return to Philadelphia next month.

- Speaking of next month, in our next newswire we will be releasing matches for not only Philadelphia, but also for the 8th Anniversary show in New York City! So far the only match announced for New York is a big one: Tyler Black vs. Austin Aries for the ROH World Title. Don't forget, Jim Cornette, Kenny King, and Roderick Strong will be on hand as judges! There MUST be a winner!

- It's looking to be an exciting year for Ring of Honor.

8 Man Tag Team War

Ring of Honor World Tag Team Champions Jay and Mark Briscoe, Eddie Kingston, and The Necro Butcher vs. The American Wolves (Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) and The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) w/ Larry Sweeney

Just as IRL, this is the first reunion of the KOW in years so I expect them to win big here

No offence to Nakajima, but this smells like a Double A Double L pick to me :p

Grudge Match

King is on the way up in ROH while the fans have soured on Lynn a long time ago

"Boiling Point" Rematch

It's Strong...he can win any match in ROH as long as it's non-title :p

Survival of the Fittest winner Tyler Black vs. Joey "Magnum" Ryan w/ Prince Nana

This is Magnum's home turf but the ROHbots have all ready declared Black the saviour of ROH so...

PWG Much? :) Nice to see Tornado on the roster, but Steen shall go over and then interact with Generico

Anything Goes Match

The Embassey need at least one win tonight

Tag Team Action

Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana and El Generico vs. Bison Smith w/ Prince Nana and "Addicted to Love" Rhett Titus

Although Bison Smith is quite the monster his overness isn't good enough to beat Boom Boom himself

8 Man Tag Team War

Grudge Match

"Boiling Point" Rematch

Anything Goes Match

Tag Team Action

8 Man Tag Team War

Two dominant tag teams including one re-union = win for KoW and the Wolves. The only way i see this going to the other team is KoW turn on the Wolves.

I dont see Nakajima as a real contender for the title so Aries should take the win.

Grudge Match

I see some foul play involved in this but i think King is the brighter star, however this feud could last a while.

"Boiling Point" Rematch

Delirious is good but i would like to see Strong come out of this match well, perhaps building up to an angle due to the 8th Anniversary Aries vs Black match.

If the 8th Anniversary match wasnt booked i would like to see Joey Ryan win but Black has to go in to the match strong.

In a big feud with Generico so has to take a win, and dont see Tornado sticking around for long.

Anything Goes Match

Anything goes means Stevens will be dominant, and if neccessary The Embassy can help out.

Tag Team Action

Bison is good but i see Titus taking the fall, however Corino and Steen could be involved so that could turn the whole thing round.

8 Man Tag Team War

Grudge Match

"Boiling Point" Rematch

Anything Goes Match

Tag Team Action

Damn!...someone beat me to it xD

i have made the though to make a diary like this but i though it was to hard, but hey, you might se a ROH 2006 Diary poping up soon, very soon...

as for This, its sweet idea. You got a reader in me :D

8 Man Tag Team War

-Kings of wrestling FTW :D

-Nakajima, nah.....Aries FTW

Grudge Match

-I Love Jerry Lynn :D....

"Boiling Point" Rematch

-Strong is awsome, the mesiah of the backbreaker and all that..

-Who wants a mustache ride?....not Tyler Black

-MR.WRESTLING <3

Anything Goes Match

-........Guess

Tag Team Action

-BOOM BOOM! Colt Cabana!

RING OF HONOR PRESENTS: Brave New World

Tag Team Action

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3017/coltcabana08.jpghttp://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2430/elgenerico09.jpg VS http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/3978/bisonsmith4.jpghttp://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2505/rhetttitus2.jpg

Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana and El Generico vs. Bison Smith and "Addicted to Love" Rhett Titus

Ring of Honor's debut in Southern California opens with Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana's familiar high-energy entance, but takes a slightly depressing turn as his partner for the night, El Generico, trudges to the ring behind him.

Dave Prazak: Well, El Generico still obviously feeling the effects of Kevin Steen's vicious attack at Final Battle... Maybe not physically, but certainly emotionally. We're seeing a significantly more morose Generico than we're used to.

The mood changes once again, as out comes another odd couple in Bison Smith and "Addicted to Love" Rhett Titus - Smith marching toward the ring, while Rhett stops along the way to hand out his card to all of the women, and some of the prettier men.

The match itself is a mixture of comedy between Cabana and Titus, including a spot where Rhett attempts a "reverse" version of Cabana's "Flying backside" move (think about it) only for Cabana to duck out of the way at the last minute.

The match settles as Titus makes the tag to the powerful Bison Smith and begins to dominate. Bison dominates Cabana, who finally makes the tag to an uninspired El Generico, who poses no significant offense against Bison. Titus takes over, but Generico finally finds the will to make the tag back to Boom Boom.

The conclusion comes when Cabana knocks Bison from the apron, allowing him to apply the Billy Goat's Curse and force Titus to tap out.

Winners: Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana and El Generico via Cabana's Billy Goat's Curse on Rhett Titus

Match Rating: D+

Comments: Dave Prazak and Lenny Leonard have good chemistry on commentary

After the match, Colt Cabana questions El Generico about his behavior. he seems worried. Generico doesn't snap out of his funk, and just hugs Cabana.

El Generico: Lo siento, amigo. Adios.

El Generico leaves the ring, leaving Cabana alone and confused.

Segment Rating: C-

Comments: Nothing in particular

Grudge Match

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7899/jerrylynn10.jpg VS http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3980/kennyking.jpg

Lenny Leonard: This is Jerry Lynn's first match back in Ring of Honor since Kenny King took him out with a vicious spike piledriver some time ago. Lynn specifically requested this match so that he could gain a measure of revenge against the brash Pretty Boy Pitbull.

The match begins with Kenny King showing the 46 year old veteran absolutely no respect. Lynn stays calm and takes King to the mat, but King easily escapes and plays to the crowd.

Lynn begins to grow frustrated and slaps the arrogant King across the face, and the match switches into overdrive. The men trade reversals and smooth chain wrestling, with both throwing in their own special touches in between - King showing off his agility, Lynn showing off his experience.

Despite Lynn's experience edge, King is able to escape an attempted Cradle Piledriver, quickly hitting him below the belt. King rolls Lynn up into a School Boy and grabs the tights for the 3 count to retain his #4 spot in the Pick 6.

Winner: "Pretty Boy Pitbull" Kenny King via low blow and school boy rollup

Match Rating: B-

Comment: Nothing in particular

"Boiling Point" Rematch

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4610/roderickstrong08.jpg VS http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7113/delirious09.jpg

The match starts and Delirious loses his mind. He takes a lap around the ring, slides back in, and is quickly met with a chop from Strong. Delirious continues to attempt to outwrestle Strong, but is always met with a big chop. He finally connects with a quick headbutt to take advantage of the match, culminating in a Panic Attack.

Strong takes the advantage back with a flying boot to the head, followed by a Gibson Driver attempt. Delirious reverses into a Cobra Clutch, and forces Strong to the mat to turn it to a Cobra Stretch, but Strong makes the ropes.

Finish comes shortly after Strong's escape. Delirious connects with another Panic Attack. He attempts Shadows Over Hell, but Strong catches Delirious with a gutbuster, and quickly transitions into a Gibson Driver for the 3 count and retains his #6 spot in the Pick 6.

Winner: Roderick Strong via Gibson Driver

Match Rating: C-

Comments: Roderick Strong and Delirious have good chemistry, but it was an off night for Delirious

Dave Prazak is in the ring with "Sweent 'n' Sour" Larry Sweeney.

Dave Prazak: Larry Sweeney, you returned to Ring of Honor at Final Battle 2009 as a special guest commentator... Now you've already managed to re-unite the Kings of Wrestling. What everyone wants to know is: What prompted your return to ROH?

Larry Sweeney: Ya know something, Prazak? What you and all these ham'n'eggers in the audience need to understand is that Larry Sweeney never left Ring of Honor!

Dave Prazak: You were gone for good amount of time...

Larry Sweeney: Ha! Gone? That was a VACATION! I know that it's difficult for everyone here to relate to this, listen here: I'm a RICH, IMPORTANT, POWERFUL man in wrestling. I've sold pro wrestlers like Matt Sydal to Vince himself! And when you're as powerful as "Sweet n Sour" Larry Sweeney, you tend to be under a bit of stress. And when you're stressed, you need a VACATION.

Dave Prazak: ...A vacation?

Larry Sweeney: That's right! And what I did one day is, I decided I needed to talk to Shane Hagadorn. So when I finally waded through the sea of beautiful women that are attracted to men like ourselves, I said to him: "Shane, I need a vacation. Shane, I need you to take the wheel for me! Can you do that?" And he told me "YES, Larry Sweeney, I can do that!" And there you have it.. I took a vacation. Shane Hagadorn took over Sweet 'n' Sour Inc. Now I'm back, I'm rested, I'm relaxed. Shane Hagadorn gets HIS vacation, and my first official act has been to reunite the Kings of Wrestling!

Dave Prazak: We saw that... I didn't realize that was actually your doing... Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli attacking the Briscoe Brothers at Final Battle...

Larry Sweeney: AH-HAHAHAHAHA! That they did! And NOW, NOW Sweet 'n' Sour Inc. is home to the TWO most dominant tag teams in the world! It's Sweet 'n' Sour's time, baby. Be ready!

Sweeney struts out of the ring, laughing maniacally as we prepare for the next match.

Segment Rating: D+

Anything Goes Match

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/585/brentalbright.jpg VS http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8852/erickstevens2003.jpg W/ http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4929/princenana1.jpg

Lenny Leonard: This is Brent Albright's first match in Ring of Honor in several months. If you remember, Albright was having his issues with the Embassy before going down with an injury that kept him out of action. Interestingly enough, Albright and Erick Stevens were tag team partners over the course of 2009, and Albright definitely takes offense to Stevens joining up with Prince Nana.

Albright yells at Stevens for joining the Embassy, but it falls on deaf ears.

The match is all power based to begin with. Albright makes attempts at throws and suplexes, while Stevens works in his array of power slams.

The match quickly degrades into a brawl, and spills to the outside. They trade the advantage using one of the ringside chairs, and even spill out into the audience. The referee finally gets them back into the ring, and exchange finisher attempts. This prompts Prince Nana to jump onto the apron, but Albright quickly chases him away.

Albright goes back to work, when out from the back runs Jimmy Rave! Rave slides into the, and begins sizing Albright up while he's not paying attention. He finally turns toward Rave, who charges him, but Albright moves out of the way and Rave levels Erick Stevens with a spear! Albright quickly throws Rave from the ring and hits Stevens with the half-nelson suplex for the pinfall.

Winner: Brent Albright via botched interference from Jimmy Rave and a half-nelson suplex

Comments: Erick Stevens and Prince Nana perform well together

After the match, Prince Nana orders Jimmy Rave and Erick Stevens to team up on Brent Albright. Rave catches Albright from behind, and knocks him right into a Doctor Bomb from Erick Stevens. Jimmy Rave grabs a mic as Stevens and Prince Nana continue putting the boots to Albright.

Jimmy Rave: Brent Albright, you thought that you could mess with The Embassy and get away with it!? And all you people, you all thought that Jimmy Rave would walk away, never to be heard from again!? NO! 2010 will be the year of Jimmy Rave! 2010 will be the year of the EMBASSY!

Prince Nana: EM-BAH-SEE FOREVER!

Segment Rating: D

Special Challenge Match

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2310/humantornado.jpg VS http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/362/kevinsteen2.jpg

Human Tornado vs. Kevin Steen

Starting the match, Human Tornado walks right up to Steen and slaps him across the face, prompting a "YOU GOT PIMP SLAPPED!" chant from the audience. Steen responds violently, and the two quickly fall to the outside brawling.

Steen quickly sends Tornado into the barricades and continues the attack. Tornado counters with a knee to the groin and tosses Steen into the audience. Tornado follows him as Steen recovers, throwing a chair at his head. Tornado ducks and connects with a kick to the head. The referee finally counts the two out as the audience boos, and wrestlers come from backstage to seperate the two.

Winner: No contest

As the men are seperated, Steen grabs a microphone.

Kevin Steen: Tell Generico Kevin says hi!

Segment Rating: C-

Special Challenge Match

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/508/tylerblack5.jpg VS http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/3876/joeyryan5.jpg W/ http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4929/princenana1.jpg

Survival of the Fittest 2009 winner Tyler Black vs. Joey "Magnum" Ryan w/ Prince Nana

Joey Ryan and Prince Nana come to the ring in obnoxiously loud, matching collared shirts. Black charges Ryan at the bell, but Ryan quickly avoids him and moves toward the ropes, forcing Black to back off. The referee convinces Ryan to come back into the ring.

Ryan continues his stalling tactics and taunting every time Black starts to take the advantage, and eventually Black loses his temper, and while Ryan hangs half his body out of the ring Black simply walks up, grabs his legs, and dumps him to the outside. Black takes a running start and connects with a suicide dive.

Black tosses Ryan back inside, and continues the high impact offense every time Ryan tries to get away. The tide turns when Prince Nana distracts Black, giving Joey Ryan a chance to clip the knee.

Ryan continues working over Black's knee, in between posing for the audience and throwing up the Embassy symbol. Ryan attempts a figure four, but Black reverses it into a small package. Ryan tries to roll it through, but Black continues the momentum, letting go of Ryan's leg as he does so and standing Nana's Hired Magnum up, only connect with God's Last Gift for the pinfall.

Winner: Tyler Black via God's Last Gift

Match Rating: C

Comments: Prince Nana and Joey Ryan have excellent chemistry

First Time Ever: Non-Title Match

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8185/austinaries23.jpg VS http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6128/nakajima.jpg

The tone of the match is set right away, when the two set up for a test of strength, only for Aries to poke Nakajima right in the eyes and grab a headlock. Aries continues with the cheap offence, raking Nakajima's eyes against the ropes, clawing his back, and even at one point busting out a noogie.

Nakajima breaks from another headlock, and catches finally catches Aries with a stiff kick to the chest, and then continues with the kicks, dismantling Aries. Aries finally starts to take the match seriously as he climbs back to his feet and... Pokes Nakajima in the eyes. He follows it up with a snap suplex and the Powerdrive Elbow.

The match continues back and forth, with Aries taking his shortcuts and Nakajima fighting back with his trademark kicks. Nakajima continuously tries to grab Aries for a German Suplex, but Aries always escapes with elbows to the head. Aries hits the ropes after escaping the suplex and attempts a rolling elbow, but Nakajima ducks under and finally hits a German Suplex, but Aries is able to slip out.

Nakajima picks Aries back up and sets him up for another German, but Aries rolls through into a victory roll position, lets go, spins, and connects with a kick right to the head. Aries stands him up and attempts the Brainbuster, but Nakajima blocks it with knees to his head. Aries stumbles back and hits the rope, attempting a discus lariat, but Nakajima again ducks and attempts a Dragon Suplex, but Aries reverses with a go-behind and a Crucifix Bomb. Aries immediately moves right into the Last Chancery, alternating between knees to Nakajima's unprotected head and the Chancery until Nakajima has no choice but to tap out.

Winner: Austin Aries via Last Chancery

Match Rating: D+

8 Man Tag Team War

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7161/jaybriscoe6.jpghttp://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3861/markbriscoe6.jpghttp://img384.imageshack.us/img384/5589/eddiekingston.jpghttp://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6473/necrobutcher06.jpg VS http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3447/chrishero09.jpghttp://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3161/claudiocastagnoli2.jpghttp://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8743/daveyrichards09.jpghttp://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2532/eddieedwards2.jpg

Ring of Honor World Tag Team Champions The Briscoe Brothers, Eddie Kingston, and Necro Butcher vs. The Kings of Wrestling and The American Wolves - Sweet 'n' Sour Inc.

Eddie Kingston begins the match, and right away he wants Chris Hero in the ring, but Davey Richards steps in instead. The two trade chops until Richards takes the advantage, switching to kicks to the legs and chest. Kingston fights back and the two continue trading different strikes, but neither gain much ground.

The team of the Kings of Wrestling and American take the advantage, being the more technically sound of the two teams. They isolate Eddie Kingston after hitting a quadruple combination of strikes - an elbow from Hero, European Uppercut from Claudio, and kicks from the Wolves. Chris Hero steps in with Kingston down and begins picking his body apart with more elbow strikes, until he finally misses a rolling elbow attempt and tags in Necro Butcher, who clears Hero out of the ring with a bit of wild brawling, tagging in Claudio in the process. Necro continues to control the match until a cheapshot from the American Wolves.

The match continues with the teams going for their trademark moves, while Kingston and Necro provide the wild brawling. The Sweet 'n' Sour team take the advantage once again when the Kings manage to knock the Briscoes from the top ropes right to the outside. Kingston is left alone with the Wolves, who procede to take him apart with tag team offense until Necro Butcher re-enters the fight, brawling to the outside with Edwards, leaving Kingston and Richards in the ring. This time, with Kingston having been isolated much of the match, Richards is able to to take the advantage, once again tearing Kingston apart with kicks. Eddie makes one final attampt at a comeback, connecting with a huge Yakuza Kick, but he misses the Spinning Backfist, and Richards quickly connects with the DR Driver to seal the pinfall win for Sweet 'n' Sour Inc.

Winners: Sweet 'n' Sour Inc. via Davey Richards DR Driver on Eddie Kingston

Match Rating: C

The Sweet 'n' Sour team celebrate with their leader and namesake, Larry Sweeney, as the Briscoes and Necro Butcher help Kingston back to his feet. Kingston immediately marches over to Richards and pie-faces him, taking out his frustration on the man who pinned him, and the two begin trading punches. Before Edwards and the Kings get a chance, the Briscoes jump Hero and Castagnoli, their own payback for the attack the Kings planned out at Final Battle.

The teams continue to brawl as the show comes to a close.

Segment Rating: D

Overall

Show Rating: C-

Attendance: 988

Comments: Rhett Titus and Katsuhiko Nakajima were used too much.

Booker's Thoughts

- The roster is BLOATED! We need a smaller, core group of guys. Poor performances will be the basis for cuts... But between you and I, I'm not exactly of fan of Kenny Omega or Sonjay Dutt. Delirious' performance was disappointing.

- King vs. Lynn was a pleasant surprise for me. I didn't expect it to come out the best match on the show, and hopefully the two can recapture the magic.

- Prince Nana performing well with both Joey Ryan and Erick Stevens is another pleasant surprise. Ryan's match with Tyler was a relief - I wasn't sure about that one.

- Expect future shows to be two or three matches shorter. This, I feel, will make it easier to determine who stays and who goes.

- I have high hopes that Black vs. Aries at 8YA will redeem their Final battle matchup.

- I hate the name "Brave New World". I'm awful at show names.

- The show rating was disappointing.

- If you said Nakajima was a lame opponent... You were right. I appreciate the predictions.

Well in fairness, I rarely trust any match that's not 1 vs 1 to get the highest grade, never mind an eight man tag consisting of midcarders save Hero and Richards :p

Kenny King pulling a B- with Lynn is an out and out shocker I have to say.

Anyways, hopefully this diary will live long and prosper.

Archived