strange events/deaths/other events 2010

So, Champagne Lover announces he's leaving SOTBPW because he's "too big for them", since they're only Cult and he has B+ overness.

Two days later, SOTBPW hit National :D

I have NEVER seen SOTBPW actually reach National, they always sorta top out as a large Cult company... and the one time they pull it off, it's a freakin' weekend too late to keep their top star.

I do have some confidence that they can stay at National, however, as their best match to date didn't even involve Champagne Lover. Instead, it was an A rated match between El Demonio and "The Priest of Pain" Pablo Rodriguez... which, I'll be honest, sounds like a FREAKING AMAZING match. A demon fighting a priest? Only in lucha libre!

The strange thing is, El Demonio won.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, Champagne Lover announces he's leaving SOTBPW because he's "too big for them", since they're only Cult and he has B+ overness.

Two days later, SOTBPW hit National :D

I have NEVER seen SOTBPW actually reach National, they always sorta top out as a large Cult company... and the one time they pull it off, it's a freakin' weekend too late to keep their top star.

I do have some confidence that they can stay at National, however, as their best match to date didn't even involve Champagne Lover. Instead, it was an A rated match between El Demonio and "The Priest of Pain" Pablo Rodriguez... which, I'll be honest, sounds like a FREAKING AMAZING match. A demon fighting a priest? Only in lucha libre!

The strange thing is, El Demonio won.

To be honest, this isn't strange at all, but I guess you posted it because Champagne left two days after the rise. SOTBPW reaches National stage very often, its more rare to see them not to rise I guess.

To be honest, this isn't strange at all, but I guess you posted it because Champagne left two days after the rise. SOTBPW reaches National stage very often, its more rare to see them not to rise I guess.

As I've said, I myself have never seen them do it. And I've played this far a few times before.

But yeah, the part where Lover announced he was leaving two days before they were big enough was strange.

That, and the epic Rodriguez/Demonio match made me laugh.

As I've said, I myself have never seen them do it. And I've played this far a few times before.

But yeah, the part where Lover announced he was leaving two days before they were big enough was strange.

That, and the epic Rodriguez/Demonio match made me laugh.

The Rodriguez/Demonio match does indeed sound amazing. The build up to it sounds like it would be even better. Imagine the angles!

my TNA diary-game saw a sad recreation of real life..

literally two days after I click the Negotiate button with Lance Cade he dies in a drug-related death.. it happened 13 months prior to his real death..

its a shame, as it was in reality, as I was planning to bring him in to team with Jethro Holliday... was probably gonna give them a shot at the Titles as well..

For those not reading my CZCW diary... mid-late 2014, Cliff Anderson dies of a drug overdose.

... yeah. Oy.

That couldn't have been good for your prestige! "Well, the owner was actually taking all the money the company was earning and spending it to fund his raging cocaine habit."

Because let's be honest: Cliff Anderson was a semi-wealthy, white collar, businessman in California: it was cocaine.

/crosses fingers that Jim Force or Giant Redwood take over.

That couldn't have been good for your prestige! "Well, the owner was actually taking all the money the company was earning and spending it to fund his raging cocaine habit."

Because let's be honest: Cliff Anderson was a semi-wealthy, white collar, businessman in California: it was cocaine.

... you jinxed it. It was Redwood.

So HE'S the one we should blame for Redwood's takeover, huh, infinity? Curses, oh comedic European wrestling writer from days gone by! CURSES!!!

Lol. I would probably delete my game if Giant Redwood became the owner of my promotion. Especially if the promotion's product is performance based.

See, I don't get all the hate about Giant Redwood. Personally, I love the guy. I usually build him up in my USPW games, and even brought him in with CGC one time as a monster heel.

DOTT Mod - Not sure Dory Funk Jr. really knows what he is doing as Head Booker at Mid-Atlantic...

The Brisco Brothers (Jerry and Jack, that is), and their Cish pop, have just dropped the NWA Mid-Atlantic Tag belts to Rocky King and Dizzy Ed Hogan (Brutus Beefcake), of F+ popularity. The new champions are aptly named the Great Team .

Dory's not scared to face a challenge though, his Mid-Atlantic Championship matches (of which he is the title holder) have been against...Dizzy Hogan, Thunderfoot I and Angelo Mosca Jr. If you add their total pop together you'd struggle to get an E+ in one area. To be fair, it has been assigned a Low Level title but still, talk about pushing yourself to the limit... :p

Dory also put together the almighty team of Terry Funk and Ric Flair - the pair, which only lasted around a month, were known as Catastrophe. :D

So in my current TCW game there was a story on the front page that read like this.

Derek Frost for Success

Reports Indicate that NOTBPW management are very keen to make Derek Frost the focal point of the promotion. Their belief is that he is ideal to build the company around as he is on the verge of being a massive break-out star, and his popularity will mean big business for them.

My response is really? He is not the guy I would think a company would be based around. Maybe its just me but whenever I play as NOTBPW he is never a guy who gets past Upper Midcard status.

I copied a savegame of mine to try something out, and two days later, Champagne Lover and Jennifer Heat split up. Then on the other copy, two days later, they got engaged.

Maybe the game just decided it wasn't having enough fun after killing Haruki Kudo :p

So in my current TCW game there was a story on the front page that read like this.

Derek Frost for Success

Reports Indicate that NOTBPW management are very keen to make Derek Frost the focal point of the promotion. Their belief is that he is ideal to build the company around as he is on the verge of being a massive break-out star, and his popularity will mean big business for them.

My response is really? He is not the guy I would think a company would be based around. Maybe its just me but whenever I play as NOTBPW he is never a guy who gets past Upper Midcard status.

Ha! I've got that beat!

While I was playing AS IWF, they put a story in saying one of my JOBBERS (Viper, who also got busted for hard drugs in the first week of the game) was being groomed for a big push.

*facepalm*

Archived