What's going on in your game?

You're very welcome. If there's anything else you need help with, I'll see what I can do. :)

I absolutely LOVE having MVP manage the Wolves. Their mic skills will improve fairly quickly that way. Having Foley do the interviews is a great idea; he's probably the best option out there.

Honestly, I would pull the trigger on the Briscoes, regardless of the penalty. If you pair them with someone like Edge, they'll get over quickly, and that penalty won't affect them very much. Play it off like they remind Edge of him and Christian from the Attitude Era. Makes sense to me, and if you have them feud with Haas and Benjamin, everyone benefits from it: the Briscoes and Haas get over, and the Briscoes' psychology improves. It's a win-win.

Stealing this idea. NAO!

I could have Edge manage the Machine Guns, too, but I don't want to put Alex Shelley over because he's a douche backstage and I'm not sure how to change that.. .LOL

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stealing this idea. NAO!

I could have Edge manage the Machine Guns, too, but I don't want to put Alex Shelley over because he's a douche backstage and I'm not sure how to change that.. .LOL

Haha. I originally thought about the Machine Guns, but their Entertainment skills aren't low enough to necessitate someone like Edge. They'll probably be fine with just Foley.

Haha. I originally thought about the Machine Guns, but their Entertainment skills aren't low enough to necessitate someone like Edge. They'll probably be fine with just Foley.

Always thinking... thanks haha

The Dangerous Alliance is now gonna be so big that I can't have everyone in one promo... What would work better:

Heyman & Jericho, with Knox & Prudius

Heyman & Aries, with Morley & Samoa Joe

Picking between Jericho & Aries being interchangeable.. Knox/Prudius are ME/UMC and I think Morley/Joe are both UMC. Would it be smarter to stick Jericho with the lesser-over team to jump start them or use jericho to give Knox that extra edge he needs? Like I said Knox is 90 in US.

Always thinking... thanks haha

No problem. :)

As for my game, I'm planning ahead for when I reach Global (rapidly approaching it, should be within the next 2 weeks). I signed Kenta Kobashi, who I plan to put with two or three more Japanese defectors. As of right now, I'm expecting to sign Mitsuharu Misawa, Toshiaki Kawada, and Jun Akiyama. I'm hoping to steal Jim Cornette from the World Wrestling Federation, to form a stable with the Japanese Superstars. I'm thinking a name like "The Cornette Dynasty" referencing the history of Eastern government. Okay, so the whole "Dynasty" era names were more China than Japan, but who's gonna know?

Still hoping to sign some more WWF guys for my nWo. I currently have Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and Owen Hart. I would have more, but they hit Global and took back the #1 spot in influence. I would love to get someone like Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels, in addition to Austin and Helmsley. I guess, as the old cliché goes, only time will tell.

The Dangerous Alliance is now gonna be so big that I can't have everyone in one promo... What would work better:

Heyman & Jericho, with Knox & Prudius

Heyman & Aries, with Morley & Samoa Joe

Picking between Jericho & Aries being interchangeable.. Knox/Prudius are ME/UMC and I think Morley/Joe are both UMC. Would it be smarter to stick Jericho with the lesser-over team to jump start them or use jericho to give Knox that extra edge he needs? Like I said Knox is 90 in US.

I would probably put Jericho with Prudis and Knox, simply because they're worse on the mic. Morley is solid enough, and Joe will learn with Foley and Heyman in the segment, anyway. Besides, there's nothing that says you can't put anyone in more than one interview segment. Oh, and by the way, I forgot to mention that ALL of my interview segments are 6 minutes. No more, no less.

No problem. :)

As for my game, I'm planning ahead for when I reach Global (rapidly approaching it, should be within the next 2 weeks). I signed Kenta Kobashi, who I plan to put with two or three more Japanese defectors. As of right now, I'm expecting to sign Mitsuharu Misawa, Toshiaki Kawada, and Jun Akiyama. I'm hoping to steal Jim Cornette from the World Wrestling Federation, to form a stable with the Japanese Superstars. I'm thinking a name like "The Cornette Dynasty" referencing the history of Eastern government. Okay, so the whole "Dynasty" era names were more China than Japan, but who's gonna know?

Still hoping to sign some more WWF guys for my nWo. I currently have Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and Owen Hart. I would have more, but they hit Global and took back the #1 spot in influence. I would love to get someone like Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels, in addition to Austin and Helmsley. I guess, as the old cliché goes, only time will tell.

I would probably put Jericho with Prudis and Knox, simply because they're worse on the mic. Morley is solid enough, and Joe will learn with Foley and Heyman in the segment, anyway. Besides, there's nothing that says you can't put anyone in more than one interview segment. Oh, and by the way, I forgot to mention that ALL of my interview segments are 6 minutes. No more, no less.

Awesome, I was just going to ask about how long the segments should be. I duplicated the sheet on the spreadsheet and I'm changing them to be geared towards my stuff. Going well so far!

So..what happens if I don't have a single 'major' angle on my show? Will my show rating take a hit? I figure I can do the interviews like normal and then throw in a major show-opening segment (modern tv opening 1v1 or 2v2) and a main event hype video. Like you said, no reason wrestlers can't appear in more than one segment.

Also... I'd been toying with the NWO idea myself.... And I'm thinking I'll do a TNA alliance once I can get AJ Styles...NWO 2012 = TNA Invasion.. lmao

Machine Guns, Lethal, Joe, Styles, London & Kendrick

Awesome, I was just going to ask about how long the segments should be. I duplicated the sheet on the spreadsheet and I'm changing them to be geared towards my stuff. Going well so far!

Glad to hear it's working for you. I can't wait to see how much improvement you see.

Please keep me updated.

1 Catalyst CM Punk Entertainment (91) 98 Popularity to Foley's 92

2 Catalyst Mick Foley Entertainment (95)

3 Catalyst Mickie James Entertainment (70) 92 Popularity to Colt's 61

4 Support Chris Masters Entertainment (64) 73 Popularity to Colt's 61

5 Support Colt Cabana Entertainment (84)

Does that make sense to you?

That's for "Colt's Cabana." hehe

And, he's got a wholesome gimmick, not comedy. "Fun Babyface." The reason he wasn't getting over that quickly was even though he was having great matches he was still jobbing (to Aries). They're both increasing though so it's not bad.

1 Catalyst CM Punk Entertainment (91) 98 Popularity to Foley's 92

2 Catalyst Mick Foley Entertainment (95)

3 Catalyst Mickie James Entertainment (70) 92 Popularity to Colt's 61

4 Support Chris Masters Entertainment (64) 73 Popularity to Colt's 61

5 Support Colt Cabana Entertainment (84)

Does that make sense to you?

That's for "Colt's Cabana." hehe

And, he's got a wholesome gimmick, not comedy. "Fun Babyface." The reason he wasn't getting over that quickly was even though he was having great matches he was still jobbing (to Aries). They're both increasing though so it's not bad.

Yeah, that sounds about right. That segment should get somewhere between 90 and 95, I would guess.

Okay, that makes sense, then. Cabana's Entertainment skills are high enough to get himself over, so don't worry too much about the matches. Of course, a win would be nice. :p

I guess I have to de-push DDP and fast. His contract came up, and he demanded $60,000 per month, with a main-event title, creative control, etc. So, bye-bye Mr. Falkinburg.

Yeah, that sounds about right. That segment should get somewhere between 90 and 95, I would guess.

Okay, that makes sense, then. Cabana's Entertainment skills are high enough to get himself over, so don't worry too much about the matches. Of course, a win would be nice. :p

I guess I have to de-push DDP and fast. His contract came up, and he demanded $60,000 per month, with a main-event title, creative control, etc. So, bye-bye Mr. Falkinburg.

That really sucks. I'm a DDP mark for sure

And that reminds me, I have DDP! I don't use him as a commentator so he could be a manager.. great mic skills IIRC

That really sucks. I'm a DDP mark for sure

And that reminds me, I have DDP! I don't use him as a commentator so he could be a manager.. great mic skills IIRC

The WCW Reborn mod has him at 76/76/73, so it undervalues his mic work. But he'd make a fairly good manager for a team with really, really, really bad mic skills haha.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop the minor angle use NOW! You're better than that. Flat out, in a big fed, you should NEVER have to use minor angles. Why? Because your big people should be the only ones cutting promos (now your midcarders and such can be in angles just not carrying the angles). You can get a B show for those midcard angles if you just have to have them. I've raised EIGHT people from ET/Opener to Main Event/Upper Mid in a year without a single minor angle plus numerous more from lower mid to upper mid. Quite simply, with the exception of those Legacy Stable angles that scored in the mid-80's, I haven't had an angle on an A-show score sub-92 in 8 months with most being 97+.

Again, it is great that The Giant's entertainment skills grew that much. Do you know how much that improved his angle rating? ZERO. Once they're in the 60's, they're good enough. Remember, I have Ino and Art Reed cutting Entertainment based angles and they both aren't great talkers. Heck, Benson, Anderson, and Wolf aren't amazing talkers either. They all cut amazing promos for me because they all have 90+ overness. Now, I'm not suggesting I'd EVER put Vessey in an Entertainment promo because he's dreadful (all 20's), but that's what Jasmine Saunders is for.

Also, to the menace question, you were incorrect Soxfan. Only use menace or sex appeal when you don't have another option. With a 90 overness, that 70 menace is going to cap what could be a 90 angle down to 75ish. Those two stats are the only ones that aren't overness dependent (meaning overness doesn't account for 90% or so of the angle rating).

And C0NTR4l34ND, your angle positioning was perfect though I'm curious what her Sex Appeal is as I'd think that would be the better option (I'd peg it around 88 as I'm a massive Mickie mark from way back) though at 88 it would be a wash with the 90 overness. You both are focusing too much on skills you don't need to drastically improve. Worry about psych, selling, and the top row stats. Those need improving.

I'm just thrilled that I've finally reached my goal of 70% of my Upper Mids have 80+ overness. Now, they can lead angles too.

First off, I haven't used minor angles since you yelled at me last time. So calm down.

The Giant's Menace rating is 96, so I don't really care about raising his Entertainment skills. He asked if Menace could be used to raise Entertainment skills, which I explained was true.

I like having workers who are good on the mic. So shoot me. There's certainly nothing wrong with having a good worker be great on the mic.

My angles are nearly perfect, too. I think I've learned all I need to regarding angles, and can now move on to other topics.

The WCW Reborn mod has him at 76/76/73, so it undervalues his mic work. But he'd make a fairly good manager for a team with really, really, really bad mic skills haha.

That's the problem with some mods.

There's like barely anyone with decent Menace in this mod, and psychology is all out of whack.

Mick Foley at 98 psych? I dunno.... He's brilliant, yeah, but when you see others NOT rated so highly, it's wtf-inspiring.

Anywho, I wish I knew about this whole method back when I was doing my WCW diary, I would have stuck with it.

Then again, I was using a lot of cheap stuff like having Ric Flair or Bobby Heenan rated on entertainment with the rest of the 'new' four horsemen not rated at all.. haha

First off, I haven't used minor angles since you yelled at me last time. So calm down.

The Giant's Menace rating is 96, so I don't really care about raising his Entertainment skills. He asked if Menace could be used to raise Entertainment skills, which I explained was true.

I like having workers who are good on the mic. So shoot me. There's certainly nothing wrong with having a good worker be great on the mic.

My angles are nearly perfect, too. I think I've learned all I need to regarding angles, and can now move on to other topics.

Yeah, and for me it's mostly a matter of utilizing the whole roster and not having them get lost in the shuffle all the time. If the average overness of my whole roster is..like..65, I want to raise it to 75. I'm not good with managing popularity of the lower guys, so this is all helpful for me. Especially since it's a popularity based fed. Easier to get workers quickly ready for big matches if they can talk really well

Exactly. Smartman, you're saying that we need to focus on top-row skills? That may be true in a performance-based promotion. But when it comes to popularity-based promotions, mic skills are far more important. Remember, I got a 97 with Lex Luger. Clearly top-row stats are not important. Not to mention the mega-push Goldberg will get next year.

This will be tricky. Foley isn't quite retired.. and he has 3 months left on his contract. So I'm gonna have to job him out a little bit because these angles are going to make him 100 OVR pretty quickly. Which is fine, but, while he's still an active worker, i'd rather just job him and re-sign him since I can't job him after he retires.

Also I think 3 hours might be a bit long for me, I dunno. I ended up with 17-18 segments and it was allll interviews. Just seems too excessive to me.

progress1.zip

This will be tricky. Foley isn't quite retired.. and he has 3 months left on his contract. So I'm gonna have to job him out a little bit because these angles are going to make him 100 OVR pretty quickly. Which is fine, but, while he's still an active worker, i'd rather just job him and re-sign him since I can't job him after he retires.

Makes sense in theory, but be careful. I still haven't gotten that part down yet. I either do one of two things:

1. Make them lose a great match, so their popularity doesn't change; or

2. Make them lose to someone that isn't over enough for them, and they refuse to negotiate with me.

It happened with DDP. I had him lose to Lex Luger, and his popularity didn't change. Then, I had him lose to RVD (40 points below him) and he doesn't want to negotiate. His popularity did drop 20 points, though. :p

Just signed: The Godfather, Paul Burchill, and Nigel McGuinness. Catch Coalition gains the Burchills. I like Winter/Katie Lea's work in TNA so I'd love to push her here, but she auto's to an opener. So this will do. Nigel McGuinness unfortunately is retired but he'd make an awesome manager. If anyone knows any ROH history, feel free to suggest logical pairings or feuds for him to be involved with.

For the Godfather...

Godfather + MVP + Elijah Burke = VIP. Tell me that wouldn't be awesome. MVP ballin' and Elijah Burke a pimp in training. Waitin to come aboard the... SHIMMER CALL-UP TRAIN...

hey, it worked for Lita, right?

Speaking of Lita, she's being jobbed out to Sara Del Rey so I can renegotiate her contract as well, because she's making 20k. Hellll no.

Waiting on Konnan, Jim Cornette (GOAT), Edge, and Austin. I'd love to do a world cup type of thing. I've got El Hijo de Rey Mysterio in development just waiting for Konnan and Chavo to take him under their wings.

Exactly. Smartman, you're saying that we need to focus on top-row skills? That may be true in a performance-based promotion. But when it comes to popularity-based promotions, mic skills are far more important. Remember, I got a 97 with Lex Luger. Clearly top-row stats are not important. Not to mention the mega-push Goldberg will get next year.

Okay, I apologize. I didn't contradict you on Menace angles learning other stuff. It works on SA angles too btw. You can like having people with certain skills. I was just pointing out that it doesn't matter on Entertainment skills which is somewhat counter-intuitive. I think I'm terming it the anti-Cult Leader logic: You have to be over to utilize those awesome mic skills, and if that was the case in real life, there would be no Cults or people like Hitler because they'd never get to use their amazing mic skills to get uber-popular.

And certain performance skills still matter in a more pop>performance feds much more than upping mic skills from mid 60's to mid 80's. And VIP is awesome C0NTR4l34ND.

Bobby Roode and Steve Austin are a good pairing :)

Bobby Roode & Harris Rotundo = the Rattlesnakes, a pair of no-nonsense tough stars of tomorrow. I see a lot of Stan Hansen in Harris Rotundo so why not have another tough texan managing him.

Chavo Guerrero and El Hijo de Mysterio have zero chemistry as partners. Oh well, no big deal. Gonna look for a young lucha guy to pair with him.

Latino World Order:

Konnan, Chavo, El Hijo de Rey Misterio, Rosita, Sarita

I just got an awesome thought. Sooner or later, Punk's turning heel. Punk vs Austin won't happen, but punk vs Roode could. Coincidentally... CM Punk vs Beer Money? Shiiiit. Too bad James Storm was such a dick.

And it was a complete coincidence that I paired Roode with Austin....and that they 'clicked.'

I finally hit Global!

Now, due to my 100 Prestige and the WWF's 96, I am #1 in Influence again. However, they are still #1 in Importance. I need TV/PPV in the UK and Europe. How do I go about that? I'm not popular enough to get it, according to every network I have tried. Do I need to run events there, or is there an easier way?

I'v settled down my NWA game in 2006, and finaly achived financial stability. Earning money each month, while keeping popularity. I'v got some storylines started also, with a focus on Davey Richards, my NWA champ.

Davey Richards dominant reign:

Richards achived greatness, defeating KENTA in the crowning tournement for the NWA title. Davey's rival, Jimmy Rave is hot on his heels, cheeting his way to a championship match. Davey and Jimmy are 1-0-1. With one to Davey, and a draw. They will soon meet again, after Starcade.

The Stampede Bulldog's Tag team tearing:

TJ Wilson and Harry smith are my only good tag team, who are high up the card. They have proven them selvs by giving some of the best matches, with low card workrs like K-Pusha and K-Murda. They are looking for a chalange, and i have to find a tag team worthy of their titles. Mike Quackenbush is teaming with Tom carter to challange them at starcade.

KENTA's American tour:

Kenta came to the NWA NY terretory and achived success. Along with Davey Richards he is the most over guy in the promotion. He is soon to have a title shot at Davey. Their former match is the nr 2 ranking match, and the nr 1 ranking match is KENTA vs TJP.

Great Britan Suprises:

Nigel McGuinness came to NWA looking for success, but "The Irish Warrior" Shemus is blocking his path, saying he is the NR 1 prospect from britan. They have wrestled to 1 dq, 2 draws and Nigel defeated Shemus in a NO DQ Match at "The List", Shemus challanged Nigel to a Cage match at starcade.

*ONE PROBLEM i have, running a NWA promotion is my owner, Jim cornette. he Does not allow me to trade tallent with other promotions?....

I finally hit Global!

Now, due to my 100 Prestige and the WWF's 96, I am #1 in Influence again. However, they are still #1 in Importance. I need TV/PPV in the UK and Europe. How do I go about that? I'm not popular enough to get it, according to every network I have tried. Do I need to run events there, or is there an easier way?

I think when you get above 89 pop in the US, you should get enough spillover in the UK and Europe to be able to get some sort of media deal there.

this question has come from the rage filled cry of angst post at ths top of the page ;)

whats the difference between major and minor angles and when should i or shouldnt i use them?

The only difference is minor angles don't affect the rating for the show.

As to when you should use them, that's very debatable. I think the general rule of thumb is a minor angle is fine when the angle is, well, minor, when it's something that doesn't really affect the show. A 1-minute angle of a guy showing up in a limo, for example. The 6-minute+ talking angles should usually be major, though, because that much time spent talking should influence the show's grade.

But ultimately, to each their own. Your game won't crash if you use minor angles all the time, nor will you get a special pat on the back if you never use minor angles.

Archived