Diary Preview Thread

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh. My. God this is going to be amazing! ARGHH!

With the pic added I have a feeling where this is going :D

Thanks for the comments LEgend! I thought I'd best add the pic, otherwise it was a bit too ambiguous. I want people to be excited, but not for the wrong reasons :p

And all credit goes to Kamchatka for the awesome logo.

<p><em>“You are looking at the future...”</em></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>“...the Next Generation...”</em></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>“I will take professional wrestling to a whole new level...”</em></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>“...will raise the bar of professional wrestling...”</em></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<em>“...nothing will EVER be the same again...”</em></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><em>“...the future is here...”</em></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>“...this is your tomorrow...”</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/SWF%20Diary/Logos%20and%20Belts/BlackFade.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

The Betrayal. The Departure. Will the next generation step up, or will the Promotion Under Pressure finally understand true fear?</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/SWF%20Diary/Logos%20and%20Belts/BlackFade.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/SWF%20Diary/Logos%20and%20Belts/SWF_jhd5.jpg</span></p><p>

<strong>BEGINS 5.2.11</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/SWF%20Diary/Logos%20and%20Belts/BlackFade.jpg</span></p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p>Soulless… that’s the word I would describe it, or rather, Soulless Light. When I first took this job 4 years ago, I was enamored with the idea of bringing in this mix of Lucha Libre / NOTBW Soullessness to new heights and overtake CGC as the 2nd best Canadian company in the world. Here I am 4 years later on the cusp of achieving that dream but this is how I feel…. Soulless. We have a Late Night TV Show on Q-TV that plays every Monday. Our popularity in Ottawa and Maritimes are almost catching up to our fans in Quebec, we are ranked 22nd most popular company and 14th most influential and yet here I am… typing away at my computer, in this blog , hoping to add a bit of soul into our product. Deadelus thinks this is going to be a waste of time, he thinks that I should just do my job and keep bringing in business like I have been. I am sure he is happy watching his pockets line up with some nice coin and while he walks around the locker room like a fan boy…. 4 years ago, I was aiming to please… now after 4 years and his constant rejection of my ideas to invoke some personality into this company, he is either going to finally give me the opportunity to do things my way or else. </p><p> </p><p>

My name is Julian Avat, I am the head booker of ACPW and I think I want to destroy it. </p><p> </p><p>

Test Show </p><p>

All Canadian Pro Wrestling – Dream Big , Fight Hard ! </p><p>

Crowd : 2k</p><p>

Announcers : Remmington Remus and Face Nelson w/ Phonse Lockett backstage </p><p> </p><p>

Tonights Card : </p><p>

Lightweight Championship.</p><p>

Frankie Dee </p><p>

vs </p><p>

Eric Strong </p><p>

in a Last Man Standing Match</p><p> </p><p>

Canadian Regional Championship. </p><p>

Greg Black </p><p>

vs </p><p>

Remmy Skye</p><p>

vs </p><p>

Roderick Remus </p><p>

in an Elimination Triple Threat</p><p> </p><p>

Lightweight Tag Titles </p><p>

The TapOuts ( Deermot Ayers and Jason O’Conner) </p><p>

Vs </p><p>

The Devils Wingmen (Acid II and Blood Raven ) </p><p>

In a standard Lucha Libre Match. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Trio’s tournament finals </p><p>

Equipe De Trois Championship </p><p>

The Luchamaniacs (El Diablo, American Dragon and American Flash) </p><p>

Vs </p><p>

The Veterans of Air (Sky King , Joey Beauchamp and Matt Sparrow) </p><p>

In a Trios ladder match </p><p> </p><p>

Feature Match </p><p>

Blu Jay </p><p>

Vs </p><p>

Dagger </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Match 1 - Blu Jay vs Dagger in a 2 out of 3 Lucha Libre Match </strong></p><p>

</p><p><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">

This match was supposed to showcase the ability of Blu Jay and start the road to a push considering he is going against a solid wrestler like Dagger. This was very back and forth but Blu Jay oversold some of Daggers attack and made himself look weak. He didnt look as resourcefull as I would have liked and the fans agreed as he lost a good amount of pop over to Dagger when he lost the second fall. What was supposed to be a competitive yet one sided affair almost turned into bland back and forth battle. </span></span></p><p> </p><p>

Fall One – Blu Jay via springboard leg lariat </p><p>

Fall Two – Dagger via Backstabber </p><p>

Fall Three – Blu Jay via Dirtnap (cradle piledriver) </p><p> </p><p>

Winner : Blu Jay </p><p>

Total Lenght Estimated : 13 min </p><p>

Rating : D</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Match 2 – For the « Equipe de Trois Championship » </strong></p><p>

The Luchamaniacs (El Diablo, American Dragon and American Flash)</p><p>

Vs</p><p>

The Veterans of the sky (Sky King, Joey Beauchampt and Matt Sparrow) </p><p> </p><p>

Stipulation : Ladder Match. </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">This was a concept I have high hopes for with the Trois division. We had to figure out a way to make this match exciting and simple in regards to the rules. What we came up with was to do it in a lucha style setting with three falls, so basically , the team has to capture two of the three belts to win. So we placed three belts in separate ropes and gave 2 ladders to play with. What was key to this match though was that we had 3 good veteran minds policing and leading the match. </span></span></p><p><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">

This match produced the spot of the night : It was a 1-1 tie and Sky King and American Dragon are on top of one ladder brawling and Beauchamp and American Flash are on the other ladder brawling. Then Diablo and Sparrow from opposite side of the rings springboard to the ladders and catch enough air to be able to use the bodies brawling on top of the ladders as a secondary springboard, knocking them down of the ladders with only Diablo and Sparrow hanging from the middle rope trying to punch each others lights out. The match ends with Sparrow missing a punch and losing his grip on the rope and falling on top of the collapsed ladders. Diablo was barely able to get the belt but it generated a hell of an applause. </span></span></p><p> </p><p>

Title One Captured by Sky King </p><p>

Title Two Captured by El Diablo </p><p>

Title Three Captured by El Diablo </p><p> </p><p>

Winners : The Luchamaniacs</p><p>

Total Lenght Estimated : 17 min </p><p>

Grade : C+ </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Match 3 – For the Lightweight Tag Titles </strong></p><p>

The TapOuts ( Deermot Ayers and Jason O’Conner) </p><p>

Vs </p><p>

The Devils Wingmen (Acid II and Blood Raven ) ( C ) </p><p> </p><p>

Standard Lucha Libre Match. </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">I have to admit, this is like my safety valve match. Especially considering what they just followed it was a wise option to put them in this spot. With the hot crowd and their very steady workmanship, these 4 guys have battled constantly for the past two years and have pulled off great matches together. Something about their styles compliment each other : its a battle of traditional technical wrestling vs a more cruiserweight high risk style. Although this match did not exceed expectations by any lenghts , they at least kept the crowd going and did not drop the ball. </span></span></p><p> </p><p>

Fall One – Jason O’Conner via Stretch Plum on Blood Raven </p><p>

Fall Two – Acid II via Acid Rain Bomb on Deermont Ayers </p><p>

Fall Three – Acid II via Pin after Lucifers fall ( firemans carry / jackhammer combo) </p><p> </p><p>

Winner : The Devils Wingmen </p><p>

Total Lenght Estimated : 18 min </p><p>

Grade : C </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Match 4 - Canadian Regional Championship.</strong> </p><p>

Greg Black ( C )</p><p>

vs </p><p>

Remmy Skye</p><p>

vs </p><p>

Roderick Remus </p><p>

in an Elimination Triple Threat</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;">Dissapointment does not even begin to describe what I felt in this match. My hopes were to give Roderick some good push by association love by putting him in the match. I even gave him a string of 5 victories coming up to this event. For him to be « OFF » tonight was a really bad choice. Thankfully Remmy and Black were able to carry the match to a decent showing. </span></span></p><p> </p><p>

Winner : Greg Black retains title - Roderick eliminated first via a Skye Dive Splash, then Remmy was eliminated by the Black-out kick</p><p>

Total Lenght Estimated : 20 min</p><p>

Grade : C </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Main Event - Lightweight Championship.</strong></p><p>

Frankie Dee ( C ) </p><p>

vs </p><p>

Erick Strong </p><p>

in a Last Man Standing Match</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;">Two trusty hands and two of my most popular wrestlers battling it out in their third matchup to end their feud. This last man standing match was planned to show both of their stremgjts and bring out their tenacity and effort. They did not dissapoint with big spot after big spot. To have Eric miss a Strong-Sault to the outside and land hard on that concrecte floor to not only get up , but was able to nail it later in the match and beat the count by 1 second was a great moment of fearlessness on his part. To Frankies credit , he gave Eric a lot of stiffness and carried his portion of the match with expertise. This was a great way to end the show. </span></span></p><p> </p><p>

Winner – Erick Strong after a Strong Sault to the outside. </p><p>

Total Lenght Estimated : 22 min</p><p>

Grade : B – </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Overall Grade : C+ </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ACPW : Looking for a Soul - April 2011 </strong></p>

• 3 weeks later...

Climbing the Mountain:

The Johnny Brooks Story

December 2007

So there I stood, outside of the Mid Atlantic Boot Camp with my wrestling bag in my hand and a look of disappointment on my face. I hadn’t even had time to unpack when I was told I was no longer welcome there. The sting of disappointment was sharp but at least the satisfaction of decking Jay Chord in his smug mouth helped to temper it a bit. The worse part of all of this was the fact that my grandmother had to pull some strings just to get me into the M.A.W. Boot Camp. She was not going to be happy with here “Johnny Boy” when she heard about this…

January 2007

Johnny: Grandma…you just got to get me into another wrestling school!

Heidi: I’m sorry Johnny Boy but you’ve been blackballed. That drunken bastard Rip is covering for his punk kid and telling anyone who asks that you decked Jay because he messed up a lariat and you thought he was taking liberties. Everyone thinks you got this chip on your shoulder because you’re Heidi Brooks’ grandson. I can’t even get you into the Cat’s Lair! I think you need to give up your dream Johnny Boy…

Johnny: I…can’t grandma. I mean, ever since I could remember I wanted to be a wrestler. I wanted to hear the crowd roar as my music hit. I wanted to hold the audience captive as I laid things out on the mic. I wanted to hear the sound of silence that only comes right before a huge pop as I hit my finisher!

Heidi: I know Johnny Boy…but the only way that is going to happen is if I opened my own promotion…

December 2009

Rocky Mountain Wrestling is formed!

After several years away from the business Heidi Brooks has come together with a group of investors to form Rocky Mountain Wrestling. It has yet to hold a single show but it is already being called the Northwest’ answer to M.A.W. According to Heidi, “RMW is a place where old school traditions collide with new school presentation to form a company that is both Family Friendly and highly entertaining.” So far the likes of Henry Bennett, Regular Joe, and Bob Casey have been rumored to be a part of the initial RMW Roster. Also, early word is that several M.A.W. wrestlers will be leaving M.A.W. to join RMW. As details emerge we will keep you updated.

Late December 2009

Heidi: Ok Johnny Boy, this looks like a pretty good roster. I see some young talent we can develop and a few older guys we can anchor the promotion around. Everything looks set for the first show…

Voice: Excuse me…Mrs. Brookes.

Heidi and Johnny turn around to the sound of the voice. Standing in front of them is none other than Jean Cattley. Jean is dressed in a suit and tie which is a look few have ever seen him in.

Heidi: Why if it isn’t “Mean” Jean Cattley. Did Rip send you over here to try to mend fences before we put him out of business?

Jean: He would have, if I still worked for him.

Heidi: So, you finally walked out on that drunk bastard.

Jean: Yeah, ever since Jay started to wrestle things have been strained between Rip and me. He shot down any idea that made Jay look less than invincible. He never wants to hear the truth about his son being a prick. He got to me join M.A.W. based on an idea he has abandoned in favor of making Jay Chord the next Rip Chord.

Johnny: Nice story, but what does have to do with us?

Jean: Look Johnny, I know I was one of the guys who turned his head when Jay got you tossed out of the M.A.W. Boot Camp but, believe me I when I say I didn’t think Rip would get you blackballed from the business. For what it is worth…I’m sorry.

Johnny: You can stuff your sorry in a sack…

Heidi: Johnny! Hush up. Jean if you are here to get a job as the booker of RMW well, you’re too late. I already gave the book to my grandson Johnny.

Jean: While the book would have been nice, I really am just looking for a place to wrestle, train some young talent, and offer any help I can. You know a place like that?

Heidi: As a matter of fact…I do. Welcome to Rocky Mountain Wrestling Jean.

Who is Wrestler X?

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx100/aja_nyc/TEW%20People/CV72874.jpg

Rocky Mountain Wrestling has sent the wrestling world abuzz as they revealed the first wrestler on their roster...Wrestler X! No one knows for sure who is under the mask but after seeing Wrestler X in a few warm up matches prior to next week's RMW debut show the fans who attend will be in for one heck of a treat. After watching Wrestler X perform a spinning sto backbreaker he calls the X Factor, one insider was heard to remark "Just who is that masked man?" to which promoter Heidi Brooks responed "Why he is Wrestler X of course!"

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF/angeldelayetteposter.jpg

[The year is 1989 and we are more than halfway through the year when Vince McMahon gets a revelation. He goes to and speaks with the members who run the USA network. What if they ran a television show live on the USA network every Monday night instead of the taped one they have always run? WWF Prime Time Wrestling live each and every week where anything can and does happen. This means that nobody knows ahead of time the results of the matches. This means that there are no second takes, no second chances. The man who put it all on the line when he created WrestleMania would be putting it all on the line again. Could a live pro wrestling show survive in 1989? All other shows for the moment are suspended, including Wrestling Challenge and Superstars of Wrestling, as the complete focus is on this new Prime Time Wrestling. The landscape of professional wrestling is about to change.

The change begins with the arrival of the new live Prime Time Wrestling and continues with pay-per-view events each and every month, including WWF's Backlash on the last Sunday of September. The mood is about to change. Will this be a success or will this bring the World Wrestling Federation to its knees?]

Hm, so kinda making it more like the monday night wars only with the cast of 1989? Could be fun. It almost screams for there to be written in production botches quite often, though, because of the way it's all worded - the whole "no second takes" part. Who sinks or swims when they have to think on their feet at all times while on camera?

Hm, so kinda making it more like the monday night wars only with the cast of 1989? Could be fun. It almost screams for there to be written in production botches quite often, though, because of the way it's all worded - the whole "no second takes" part. Who sinks or swims when they have to think on their feet at all times while on camera?

One word: Shockmaster. :D

I like the idea, Angel. I mean, you're re-writing history, having RAW debut in 1989 vs. 1993, but I really think this could go over pretty well given the WWF's roster at the time.

Either way, you know I'll be on board; as I'm a fan of you as a writer in general.

Best of luck if you run with this!

Cheers.

E-V

It is certainly an interesting concept. It will be intriguing to see the characterisation of certain workers given the added pressure of live tv. All I would say is don't overburden yourself with diary writing. We don't want to see you burn yourself out again. :)

Best of luck with it man. No doubt I will check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally gotten the bug to finish the Elimination Chamber PPV for my dynasty, an excerpt following an A rated match between Taker and Kane and just before the Elimination Chamber:

As the music plays; pyrotechnics erupt from the stage and then from the top of the elimination chamber. With a clear grandeur to the most anticipated debut in recent years the mystery superstar finally reveals himself as the former WCW World Heavyweight champion; *-*-*!

Elimination Chamber will be up tonight so get your predictions in quick :)

• 2 weeks later...

In 1993, amid much controversy and chaos, Bill Watts either resigned from WCW or as some say, was fired. Following the dismall performances of Ole Anderson and Dusty Rhodes a young man from marketing by the name of Eric Bischoff was placed in charge of booking WCW. The rest, as they say, is history...but, what if Bill Watts didn't quit/get fired? What if Bill Watts remained the booker for WCW and was given the same resources and power that Eric Bischoff was given?

WCW: Cowboys never say die!

It is March 2006 and Jeff-Davis has taken over the WWE. Not much is known about this man. Many are highly anticipating how the first Wrestle-mania under his helm will be booked.

Here is the Card as of March Week 2

Mickie James vs. Trish vs. Lita Women's Championship

John Cena vs. Edge - WWE Championship

Y2J vs. Taker ---- WHC

JBL vs. Rey

RVD vs. Booker T ----New ECW Champion

Batista & Flair vs. HHH & Orton

Chris Benoit vs. TBA ---- United States Title

Torrie Wilson vs. Victoria----Divas Championship

MnM vs. Kane & Big Show - To unify the Tag Team Titles

Please Tell me if y'all are interested if so I will play out the Wrestlemania on here and continue to write shows if you like the results.

In 1993, amid much controversy and chaos, Bill Watts either resigned from WCW or as some say, was fired. Following the dismall performances of Ole Anderson and Dusty Rhodes a young man from marketing by the name of Eric Bischoff was placed in charge of booking WCW. The rest, as they say, is history...but, what if Bill Watts didn't quit/get fired? What if Bill Watts remained the booker for WCW and was given the same resources and power that Eric Bischoff was given?

WCW: Cowboys never say die!

I like this idea, I mean when he ran UWF it was great. However, what he wanted to do with WCW was not all that great but I would still be interested in seeing how you would think he would run things.

I like this idea, I mean when he ran UWF it was great. However, what he wanted to do with WCW was not all that great but I would still be interested in seeing how you would think he would run things.

Well, off the bat I know Hulk Hogan would have neer gone to WCW as he said he would never work with Watts. Without Hogan I doubt MAcho, Ed Leslie/Brutus Beefcake, Okerland, or Jimmy Hart would have joined WCW either. Also without Hogan there would have been no Dungeon of Doom or Alliance to end Hulkamania. Another thing I doubt would have happened was Madusa joining WCW and dumping the title in the trash or there even being a true women's division in WCW. Lastly I believe LEx would have never been invited back to WCW and would still be in WWF...these and a few other twist will be in the dynasty when it debuts...

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question, I want to start a BSC thread.

I want to title it "once you go black, you never go back: the Charles Avatar Stroy"

But I don't know if that would be to offensive for a title.

thoughts?

It's BSC. That title should be the least of your concern in the battle for not being offensive. :p

Quick question, I want to start a BSC thread.

I want to title it "once you go black, you never go back: the Charles Avatar Stroy"

But I don't know if that would be to offensive for a title.

thoughts?

That's the point of BSC but why not rename him Charles _______, I kinda don't like Avatar but it's up to you

Concur. Although this is a family website the BSC diaries have continually managed to get away with being lewd, crude and generally downright entertaining - GDS would hardly sell the game with them in if they didn't expect diaries to pop up along the way.

Just make sure Chuck is a delusional whacko who thinks he can compete in BSC, and who the girls allow to stay around because he's an easy mark in the win column.

And feel free to interpret that how you will :D

Archived