Diary Preview Thread

WWWE vs AWF

I know I am going to do a diary for this personal Thunderverse game but am not sure about my format and how I am writing it. So here is a snippet without pictures. Anything that says [iNSERT PERSONS NAME] is going to be a picture of that person.

[insert Eric Lothario]

I remember leading up to our first show the marketing was unlike anything I had seen before. The WWWE name was all over tv, newspapers, and magazines. You could tell there was a lot of money behind WWWE.

Where they really dropped the ball though was failing on using those ads in order to showcase some of the guys. Most of the roster was irrelevant. Nobody in the audience knew who the faces and heels were early on. It took a few weeks. Fans and some of the boys called this WWWE "2.0" and management hated being called that.

The way the first show kicked off was fantastic though. Plus it got my face out there.

[insert Chase Paige]

We didn't have our roster figured out until a couple of days before the show. Most of the guys we were trying to sign at that time we couldn't get ahold of. You have to remember wrestling was a nitch product at the time. Guys who used to have agents couldn't afford them anymore. A lot of guys were on the road a lot too working in different territories.

WWWE was fortune to get the Thunders, Lotharios, and some of the others we had our hopes on. Can you imagine trying to book a few months of storylines without a full roster? That was the position we were in.

[insert Terry Thunder]

When Chase called me I wasn't doing anything in the wrestling business. The last thing I wanted to do is work for a glorified indy promotion and have that be the lasting memory of Terry Thunder. Chase pitched a storyline to me that involved my daughter and promised us both a lot of money. I had to take this opportunity.

[insert Guy Lothario]

When I was in my prime I wrestled some fantastic matches with guys like Rudy Single but never did I get my chance with Terry Thunder. The fans always wanted a great program between us. We probably could have kept Turner Paiges WWWE alive.

Chase gave me a ring and told me he had his fathers permission to revive the WWWE. He told me he had some big plans and laid some out to me including the program he wanted me and my boy Eric in. To me it sounded like a great chance for Eric. I didn't think things would go the way they did.

[insert Turner Paige]

That night in the back before the opening segment it had a new feel. Chase really had things under control. His leadership was much better than mine ever was. The way he laid out the show, and had guys like Terry and Guy buying into what he was saying made me proud.

When he told me I was going to bring Guy Lothario down to the ring and really play him up as a mentor to the young guys here I thought it was genius. Here I was known to favor Terry Thunder in the past and now I would be endorsing Guy over Terry.

My son told me that he wanted Terry to be a heel and play up the whole reputation he had as holding people down all those years. The fans knew of his reputation. So we went out and ran with it. It went over well.

[insert Terry Thunder]

Yeah I went out there and played up the arrogant face of wrestling angle. I even called this world the Thunderverse. Didn't think it would spread the way it did. When Eric came out to defend his father and I challenged him the dirt sheets exploded. Thunder and Lothario at the Resolution Pay Per View. We just had to make it happen even if it wasn't Guy Lothario vs Terry Thunder it was still the two biggest last names in wrestling.

[WWWE Live Footage]

The show opened with what would become known as the typical rock intro music and pyro. Then the familiar music of the old wWWE intro hit and Turner Paige came down to the ring and grabbed a microphone.

Turner cut a short promo about how he is so proud of his son for taking the reigns of this company and attempting what he couldn't do and that is succeeding. He told the fans that Chase would be much more hands on than he ever was. Then he called out Guy Lothario.

Guy Lothario came out with his legendary music and dressed in a very expensive suit. Guy seemed surprised by Turner calling him out.

Turner put Guy over and went on to say he and Chase wanted him to mentor the youngsters because Guy knew what it took to be the best. He apolagized for not putting Guy in better positions while he owned the company.

They were interupted in the ring by a loud sound of Thunder over the PA system. Out came Terry Thunder in jeans and a sleeveless shirt. Guy and Turner just watch on from the ring wearing their expensive suits.

Terry stopped halfway to the ring and got a microphone. He put Turner on blast saying that he and Turner used to dog on Guy all the time. Terry went on to say he should be the man to mentor the boys in the back.

Turner quipped back that he never said anything bad about Guy but Terry did frequently. Turner even made it sound like Terry was always ducking Guy and threatened to walk out on him if Guy was ever given an opportunity that Terry wanted.

A look of anger fell over Terry Thunders face and he began to challenge Guy to a match but Guy rejected saying he was retired. Terry tried to call him a coward and used other insults but Guy stood firm.

Then Eric Lothario came out on the stage. He said he would accept the challenge in the name of the Lothario blood line. Terry grinned and accepted. Guy began to panic and try to reason with Eric but Eric said it would be ok because he can beat a has been with three moves.

[insert Chase Paige]

From the opening segment we had set out key storyline in motion that would last a few months. I had been working so hard to get both of the Lotharios and Thunders signed so when this went down I was very happy.

The next thing I had to worry about was building up my main event.

[insert Prophecy]

I've always had a lot of respect for the Paige family. How could I turn down a return to WWWE and pro wrestling? It had been too long and I had a lot left in the tank.

Seeing guys like Lothario, and Thunder backstage brought back a lot of memories. Now not all of those memories were the best but I sure did miss this business. There is no feeling like being out there when the crowd pops.

The thing I would have done different is make things more about the World Title early on. A company is defined by their champion and we weren't making that our top priority like we should have at the time. The reasons that Chase gave me when I told him my thoughts were legitimate.

[insert Chase Paige]

We didn't want to postpone our reopening because I had a set plan for our pay per view schedule and didn't want to lose some of our possible sponsors who I had worked some deals out with. I had to get the car rolling. So early on I worked out some storylines with my booking team around personal grudges and not the title belts.

The fans were just happy to have more wrestling. Our gates didn't dissappoint either. We knew we wanted to get around to making our shows about the belts but I didn't want to force anything or be too predictable which I think would have turned the fans away.

[insert FJ Kendall]

When they told me I would get to face Prophecy and not get squashed I was pretty happy. I really thought we could perform well together. Putting my best effort into that match was the only way to go.

I remember when we got backstage after our match I felt I had done enough to prove I can be a star in WWWE 2.0. Management didn't agree.

[insert Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope]

J: I am not exactly sure why we were asked the join the company. I mean we just came off of our tour, and I doubted that some rich guy like Chase watched our Wrestling Mock Videos we did but people told us he enjoyed those.

S: He treated us real good, ya know what I'm sayin? He like had us in some ritzy hotel and in limos. It was real nice ya know?

J: Look we ain't never had anything like that. So we knew he wanted us on board. We did what anyone from the ghetto would have done. We asked him to hook our friends up too and he agreed. It was like the first time we got paid from a record company. We felt on top of the world like it was raining diamonds.

S: The dude even made sure that we got a big storyline in the middle of their shows. It was based on what we told magazines at the time ya know what I'm sayin?

J: Yeah the storyline was that the Dark Carnival was taking over the music industry and now we were going to take over the pro wrestling business. I don't think Chase knew we would be saving money to begin our own wrestling company someday but it was real cool. Not sure it would have mattered if he knew or not.

[insert Turner Paige]

The clowns and their friends were such a headache. They were nothing like what I would have brought in and if I did they wouldn't be a focal point of my midcard but this wasn't my WWWE.

Chase proved his point early on that this WWWE would have an edge and that this wouldn't be a show for children anymore.

Those guys weren't even received well. If they could actually wrestle I think it would have went over better but these guys obviously didn't have formal training.

[insert Ares]

I once ran into the fat one and skinny one backstage. They tried to talk to me but they annoyed the hell out of me. I even went up to Chase and asked for him to let me bury those two. I planned on beating them up bad enough that they wouldn't return but Chase didn't let me do it. Those clowns always walked around like they owned the place. Eating up all of the catering and leaving nothing for those of us who liked to enjoy the catering a bit later.

[WWWE Live Footage]

Dark Carnival music hits and seven guys all in face paint came down to the ring. Small pockets of fans chant ICP but a majority of the fans had no idea who they were.

They cut a short promo saying that they were there to take over the WWWE. Again the crowd wasn't really buying into them.

[Monthly Summary]

The build up to Resolution was ok. It was all about the main event really. They could have built up Prophecy more and some of the title belts but for a first show back it was an alright build up.

The Dark Carnival was built strong against lower card workers. Mainly Insane Clown Posse was looking like a threat in the tag team division. Boondox was slated to be in the Cruiserweight Championship match. Blaze got in and brawled with some guys but didn't seem like a credible worker. None of them were particularly good in the ring. They had decent promos, and angles but couldn't put on good matches.

Prophecy was probably the best worker for the WWWE. He had been jumped a few times by Eviscerator leading up to Resolution which setup their match. Dirt sheets said this could be the start of a great feud but Eviscerator doesn't put on great matches.

The main event at Resolution of Eric Lothario vs Terry Thunder was built up and talked about all the time. Jessica Thunder was brought into the storyline to distract Eric Lothario. She befriended him but also was on Terry Thunders side. Eric and Guy began to be pulled apart in the storyline leading up to Resolution.

PPV Match Results

A over B

C over D

E&F over G&H

Thoughts opinions? I want to do a nice job from the start. Another thing is I felt this took a long time to write up. Probably longer than I would want at least.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thoughts opinions? I want to do a nice job from the start. Another thing is I felt this took a long time to write up. Probably longer than I would want at least.

Is this format just for the backstory or would it be the same every month? I quite like the format - you may want to do something different to separate the live action parts from the documentary bits (quote boxes, maybe centering or something of the like). Maybe I'd like to see a little more from the ppv info if this is a month by month type write-up. Interesting read so far anyway.

Is this format just for the backstory or would it be the same every month? I quite like the format - you may want to do something different to separate the live action parts from the documentary bits (quote boxes, maybe centering or something of the like). Maybe I'd like to see a little more from the ppv info if this is a month by month type write-up. Interesting read so far anyway.

This would be my month by month write up. I haven't worked on the backstory yet. May do the backstory in a similiar format though.

Good point centering the action parts or indenting them would probably make it look cleaner and break it up a little bit.

I purposely left the PPV stuff off since I didn't want the results known until I do my diary.

Considering I can play a months worth of the game before doing a diary post the length isn't a problem actually. It wouldn't be bad at all.

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r596/Bestintheworld96/2013/rohposternew_zpse2e9770b.jpg

I may wait until the new Tew2013 is out to start this diary as i already have the mod pretty much sorted so it can be transferred over to the 2013 game, it will start in February 2002 when ROH is opened by Bret Hart!

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r596/Bestintheworld96/2013/BretHart_zps3538619b.jpg

Bret is still on bad terms with Vince McMahon and after many family tragedies in recent years Bret wants to get back into wrestling and wants a new challenge, he spoke to Gabe Sapolsky and Rob Feinstein and got ideas of a new wrestling organisatio they had been thinking of called Ring Of Honor, Bret may bring them two in to help run ROH but he is the owner and is funding the promotion.

Bret stated to Calgary news that he wants this to be a cutting edge promotion showing off the most talented wrestlers in the world and being a complete 180 from that "garbage" the WWF was putting out in the attitude era.

Bret has been hard at work and getting copyright on items, logos and words fo his new company, he's even had the titles desinged:

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r596/Bestintheworld96/ROHWorldTag_zpse4b13255.jpghttp://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r596/Bestintheworld96/ROHWorld_zps37f25cee.jpghttp://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r596/Bestintheworld96/ROHPure_zps157a6b66.jpg

He has also been in contact with some of the best indy wrestlers from around the world and is in negotiations with them as we speak, he isn't looking to incorprate any big stars from the WWE but rather create better and younger new stars to carry ROH into the future:

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r596/Bestintheworld96/AJStyles_zps17ba6de9.jpghttp://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r596/Bestintheworld96/ChristopherDaniels_zps58333c6c.jpghttp://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r596/Bestintheworld96/BryanDanielson_zpscf5ef96d.jpghttp://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r596/Bestintheworld96/DougWilliams_zps52dbdebf.jpghttp://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r596/Bestintheworld96/LowKi_zps083a0dcf.jpg

Bret isn't imediatly going after Vince and the WWE in a revenge attack, but who knows what the future holds for ROH, they have the wrestlers, a decent financial state, a good location (Tri State area) and the passion.... Will they succeed?

Doesn't play well with others.

An island unto himself.

Codename: Beneficent.

Most likely to run a supershow.

Clinically insane.

Loves food with apples. And terrible puns. Especially stealthy ones.

Loyal to a fault.

Ain't working hard for the money.

• 2 weeks later...

December 25th, 2012 - Seattle

Merry Christmas

That's what people say at Christmas, right?

Except normally they have someone to say it to

They have friends and family

And they haven't been crouched naked under a Christmas tree

With a needle in their arm like an insane person in a mansion in Seattle.

They're not out of their minds, they're not writing in a diary

And they're definitely not watching their holiday spirit coagulate in a spoon

I didn't speak to a single person today

I thought, why should I ruin their f*cking Christmas?

I've started a new diary and this time I have a few new reasons

One, I have no friends left

Two, so I can read back and remember what I did the day before

And three, so if I die, at least I leave a nice little suicide note of my life

It's just me and you, diary

Welcome to my f*cking life

Nobody would believe the shit that happens inside my head, it's haunted

Now that I've come down from the drugs

It seems like a sick play that I saw in a theater somewhere

Thirty minutes ago, I could've killed someone

Or better yet, myself

*blatantly ripped off from a song lyric but what the hell. Tragedy is always better than comedy. We'll see, we'll see.. :o

• 4 months later...

Archived