Path to Glory: ROF We Are Pure Wrestling

Tuesday, Week 2, June 2012 (Shown Wednesday)

ROF Burning Championship Wrestling

Parliment Square (South, UK)

Alton Vicious vs. Robert Brown

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Alton Vicious defeated Robert Brown in 8:35 by pinfall with a Vicious Snap.

Alton is looking really good in the ring. He has the ability to go far as long as he keeps trying his hardest.

(D)

21st Century vs. Team UEW

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The 21st Century defeated Team UEW in 10:49 when Leigh Burton defeated Gordon Leve by submission with a Sleeper Hold.

When the fans actually care about these guys, the matches they'll produce will be excellent.

(D-)

Donny Damage vs. Zack Macomber

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Donny Damage defeated Zack Macomber in 12:25 by pinfall.

Donny has been in a really bad mood since being asked to lose twice this year. I figure I'd give him a shot to beat me up, but he sandbagged the entire match.

(D+)

Keith Adams and Nigel Svensson vs. Merle O'Curle and Walter Morgan

In a match that had some good action and a good crowd, Merle O'Curle and Walter Morgan defeated Keith Adams and Nigel Svensson in 20:13 when Walter Morgan defeated Keith Adams by submission with a Wigan Wrench.

Pretty good main event to close the show off. Keith and Nigel weren't bad as a tag team, but they just couldn't compete with the superiority of their opponents.

©

Overall: C-

Attendance: 1000

TV Rating: 0.01

Next week on Burning Championship Wrestling:

Hail Storm vs. Absolutely Flawless

Greg Gauge vs. Jonni Lowlife

Keith Adams vs. Zack Macomber

Barry Griffin and Wade Orson vs. Don Henderson and Nigel Svensson

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a bit slow in catching up, but I'm really liking what you've been doing with ROF, the ranking system and bringing Damage out of retirement for a title run especially.

Tuesday, Week 3, June 2012 (Shown Wednesday)

Norman Blue Athletic Center (Midlands, UK)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Hail Storm defeated Absolutely Flawless in 12:27 when Frank Burton defeated Lance Martin by pinfall with a Brainbuster.

Frank is going to be the guy to make Simon Ice a superstar. He's taking a smaller role and seems to be enjoying it.

(D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Greg Gauge defeated Jonni Lowlife in 8:17 by submission with a Proton Lock.

Jonni just isn't much of a wrestler. He whined about losing to the much more talented Greg Gauge and that's disappointing.

(D-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Zack Macomber defeated Keith Adams in 15:15 by submission with a Prawn Armlock.

Perfectly acceptable wrestling. Moving on.

(C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Barry Griffin and Wade Orson drew with Don Henderson and Nigel Svensson in 17:00 when the time limit expired.

I expected this to be a better match, I really did. Oh well, it was still good enough.

(C-)

Attendance: 300

TV Rating: 0.00

Newcy Brown vs. Vicious Vultures

Barry Griffin © vs. Petey Barnes (Man of Steel Championship)

Wade Orson vs. Walter Morgan

Donny Damage and Don Henderson vs. Merle O'Curle and Zack Macomber

Again gentlemen, thanks for the comments, they keep me interested in updating and continuing this game forward.

Good work keeping this going Nightshadeex. Its nice to see how some UK guys can develop over a longer period of time. Even if you do keep jobbing Superstar Leigh Burton and pushing Simon Ice instead.

Is Bedlam kicking aorund with a job anywhere?

Doing well at the moment

Barry has been great back in the UK

Wade is a great talent

Youth wins out here

Tuesday, Week 3, June 2012 (Shown Wednesday)

Norman Blue Athletic Center (Midlands, UK)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Hail Storm defeated Absolutely Flawless in 12:27 when Frank Burton defeated Lance Martin by pinfall with a Brainbuster.

Frank is going to be the guy to make Simon Ice a superstar. He's taking a smaller role and seems to be enjoying it.

(D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Greg Gauge defeated Jonni Lowlife in 8:17 by submission with a Proton Lock.

Jonni just isn't much of a wrestler. He whined about losing to the much more talented Greg Gauge and that's disappointing.

(D-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Zack Macomber defeated Keith Adams in 15:15 by submission with a Prawn Armlock.

Perfectly acceptable wrestling. Moving on.

(C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Barry Griffin and Wade Orson drew with Don Henderson and Nigel Svensson in 17:00 when the time limit expired.

I expected this to be a better match, I really did. Oh well, it was still good enough.

(C-)

Attendance: 300

TV Rating: 0.00

Stupid dead laptop... grumble, grumble... Sorry I've been away.

--

Tuesday, Week 4, June 2012 (Shown Wednesday)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Vicious Vultures defeated Newcy Brown in 9:30 when Alton Vicious defeated Robert Brown by pinfall with a Vicious Snap.

Leighton was off his game, which could only make the match worse.

(D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Barry Griffin defeated Petey Barnes in 9:46 by submission with a Powerbomb Deathlock. Barry Griffin makes defense number 3 of his Man of Steel Championship title.

Barry dominated in this one. There's no stopping the man when he's on a roll.

(D+)

In a match that had some good action and a good crowd, Walter Morgan defeated Wade Orson in 9:36 by submission with a Wigan Wrench.

If either of these guys understood psychology, my mind would just be blown away.

(D+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Donny Damage and Don Henderson defeated Merle O'Curle and Zack Macomber in 22:47 when Donny Damage defeated Zack Macomber by pinfall.

Don Henderson off his game tonight to cap off what may be one of the worst shows we've put on in a long time.

(C-)

21st Century vs. The Foreign Legion © (RoF Tag Team Championships)

Petey Barnes vs. Wade Orson

Don Henderson © vs. Keith Adams vs. Walter Morgan vs. Zack Macomber (RoF Burning Championship)

Merle O'Curle © vs. Nigel Svensson (Ring of Fire Championship)

Don Henderson © vs. Keith Adams vs. Walter Morgan vs. Zack Macomber (RoF Burning Championship)

Tuesday, Week 1, July 2012 (Shown Wednesday)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, The Foreign Legion defeated The 21st Century in 7:40 when Jacques DuPont defeated Sifu by pinfall with a Flying Legdrop. The Foreign Legion make defense number 3 of their Ring Of Fire Tag Championship titles.

Lots of penalties to attempt to work through. The 21st Century isn't bad and neither is the Foreign Legion.

(D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Wade Orson defeated Petey Barnes in 7:43 by pinfall with a Bounce Back.

I thought the lack of psychology was going to hurt the guys in this match, but it didn't and I'm glad. What did hold this match back was Petey being really off his game.

(D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Walter Morgan defeated Don Henderson, Keith Adams and Zack Macomber in 16:36 when Walter Morgan defeated Keith Adams by submission with a Wigan Wrench. Walter Morgan wins the Ring Of Fire Burning Championship title.

Walter starts a new reign as the Burning Champion. Man, all the belts have switched hands lately. I wonder if it had to do with appeasing my top guys?

©

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Merle O'Curle defeated Nigel Svensson in 18:28 by submission with a Celtic Wreath. Merle O'Curle makes defense number 2 of his Ring Of Fire Championship title.

Excellent main event. Merle and Nigel don't let me down... ever.

(C+)

Overall: C

John Lions picks up the win for this show, correctly predicting Walter Morgan taking the Burning Championship. Good job.

Next Week on Burning Championship Wrestling:

Hail Storm vs. The Red Devils

Barry Griffin © vs. Lance Martin (Man of Steel Championship)

Donny Damage, Don Henderson, and Nigel Svensson vs. Merle O'Curle, Robert Brown, and Zack Macomber

Woot, I called the Morgan win

Can never go wrong with Rolling Johnny Stones, even if he is with Simon Ice

Griffin has yet to face someone who is a serious threat to his championship

Donny Damage, Don Henderson, and Nigel Svensson vs. Merle O'Curle, Robert Brown, and Zack Macomber

I can see you giving another Donny-appeasing win to put him in line at another shot at Merle, or use Henderson's title loss to cement him in the main event

Tuesday, Week 2, July 2012 (Shown Wednesday)

Wade Orson continues to prove his worth by helping to uplift the locker room.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Hail Storm defeated The Red Devils in 7:58 when Frank Burton defeated Viktor Beskov by pinfall with a Brainbuster.

I was hoping this match would be slightly better, but I can't complain, the Devils are still unknown.

(D+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Barry Griffin defeated Lance Martin in 13:47 by submission with a Powerbomb Deathlock. Barry Griffin makes defense number 4 of his Man of Steel Championship title.

This one I can complain about. I know that Lance can be an excellent dance partner in that ring, but tonight just wasn't his night.

(D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Donny Damage, Don Henderson and Nigel Svensson defeated Merle O'Curle, Robert Brown and Zack Macomber in 30:51 when Donny Damage defeated Zack Macomber by pinfall.

The Ring of Fire fans don't always like multi-man matches, but how could you not be into this match? The fans were definitely into it, so I hope it translates well on TV.

©

Overall Rating: C

John and Jingo have me figured out this time, but how ill you fair for next week? stay tuned to find out...

Newcy Brown vs. Hail Storm

Keith Adams vs. Josh Jones

Walter Morgan and The Foreign Legion vs. Wade Orson and Team UEW

Donny Damage vs. Merle O'Curle © (Ring of Fire Championship)

I love the Newcy Brown team name

Not too sure who Josh Jones is ..

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict one last Title run for Donny's career

Your boss will probably want to go over here but I'm digging me some Hail Storm

Jones is good but it will be a little while until he's beating people like Keith Adams

Potentially to line Orson up for a Burning title shot..?

You've been a big fan of lengthy title reigns, so I don't see Merle dropping it yet

Josh Jones is a Canadian worker who debuts at the age of 24ish. He's a very good worker and is available in every region. I thought using him would be cheap, but with no popularity, I'm not feeling too bad.

Tuesday, Week 3, July 2012 (Shown Wednesday)

Aston University Sports Hall (Midlands, UK)

Both Wade and Walt did their part before the show to bring our locker room back up to 100%. I guess Walt just earned his $500 pay raise.

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Hail Storm defeated Newcy Brown in 9:41 when Frank Burton defeated Robert Brown by pinfall with a Brainbuster.

Jimmy and Bob are gaining experience as a team, but they're both getting old and broken down. That's why Hail Storm needs to win.

(D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Keith Adams defeated Josh Jones in 7:23 by pinfall.

Both of these guys were off their game tonight, which is bad for Josh Jones, who was looking to make a bigger impact in his debut.

(D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Wade Orson and Team UEW defeated Walter Morgan and The Foreign Legion in 18:26 when Wade Orson defeated Jacques DuPont by pinfall with a Bounce Back.

Walt looked good out there, which is always good. Looking good isn't enough when your opponent is the future of British wrestling.

(C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Donny Damage drew with Merle O'Curle in 16:00 when the time limit expired.

Sure, they don't sell, but you don't find two guys who are more evenly matched in the ring.

©

Overall Rating: C-

Attendance: 728

John is a little closer, although you didn't think the main event would come out a draw.

Next time on Burning Championship Wrestling:

Jonni Lowlife and Hail Storm vs. Keith Adams and Team UEW

21st Century vs. Vicious Vultures

Nigel Svensson vs. Zack Macomber

Barry Griffin © vs. Don Henderson (Man of Steel Championship)

Im getting into Ricky Storm, so I'll go with his lot

These guys are on a roll. And have better hair

Time for you to do a job

Barry cant lose it yet, he does such a good job

Would go with Hail Storm, but they got stuck with Jonni Lowlife

Archived