~2002 Official Release~

I registered a new account (as my elder account is linked with an inactive e-mail for a defunct website) to thank you for this mod. Please keep up the good work! :D

Thanks that really is cool to hear :)

I think what he is saying is that the game adds the word title to the end of a belts name so you only need to call it World Heavyweight the game adds title to the end making it World Heavyweight Title.

Correct me if I am wrong Von Dozier.

Ahh that is prob it I'll fix for next update, good find.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious as to why most workers have random potential. Is that to ensure every game is different?

Yeah man we did that on purpose after we had them all preset originally we took a vote and random won out.

Just a note, TNA at this time was known as NWA: Total Nonstop Action (NWA:TNA)

Thanks, we've had a few people report this and we're aware of it. We set them up like that on purpose but we might play around with it for next release and maybe create a narrative where they ditch the NWA.

Anyone with UK or European feds they think should be added please let us know, we're going to try and add a few more feds for next release, hopefully one will be PR.

Frontier Wrestling Alliance in the UK would be an awesome addition. They were a pretty entertaining and well put together company back in the day.

Frontier Wrestling Alliance in the UK would be an awesome addition. They were a pretty entertaining and well put together company back in the day.

I think we tried to add them last time but couldn't get enough info on them at the time and I'm not very familiar with the UK wrestling scene back then. If I ever add a new worker I try to only do so if I can watch some footage of him/her, it's a tip I've taken from Phil going back to Ravex days. If you've got any leads or info BH lemme know, I've already started some research and trying to find some youtube vids of the fed bck then. :)

With yourself, Kobe and a new member on board helping with UK (Don't wanna say who yet it'll be a nice suprise I think :p ) I think it'll turn out better then alright.

when is next release?

We're taking the Blizzard approach as always, when we're happy with it and think it's complete :) In saying that probably by the end of the month hehe.

I think we tried to add them last time but couldn't get enough info on them at the time and I'm not very familiar with the UK wrestling scene back then. If I ever add a new worker I try to only do so if I can watch some footage of him/her, it's a tip I've taken from Phil going back to Ravex days. If you've got any leads or info BH lemme know, I've already started some research and trying to find some youtube vids of the fed bck then. :)

Yeah, I agree it's best not to add people unless you can get a look at their work. I'll take a look into FWA for you though. I remember I used to watch their stuff online back around this time, they had a few semi-well known guys like Doug Williams, Jody Fleisch, Nikita (who became Katie Lea) etc but also some people who are damn hard to get any information on.

Anyone with UK or European feds they think should be added please let us know, we're going to try and add a few more feds for next release, hopefully one will be PR.
As mentioned in another fed I'd love to see westside Xtreme wrestling in a mod. They're pretty well known all over Europe today I'd say. Maybe the best European promotion at all. Having working agreements with NOAH and Dragon Gate, now also CZW (they're also holding an event at The Arena in Philly in March). Though they were only a local promotion back in 2002.

Best sources for getting information are the official site (http://www.wxw-wrestling.com) and the Cagematch databsae (http://www.cagematch.de). Both sites are in German but I guess you can get the info you need. If not, hit me up and I'll help :)

Alright I've done a bit of research and put together a roster for FWA around the start of 2002

I've divided it into guys I am familiar with and think info for them is available and guys who I am a bit iffy on and who might be a bit harder to find information about.

Workers I am familiar with

Mark Sloan (Owner)

Alex Shane

Doug Williams

Jody Fleisch

Jonny Storm

Flash Barker

Justin Richards

Karl Krammer

Hade Vansen

Nikita

UK Pitbulls (Bulk and Big Dave)

Duke of Danger (with his butler Simmons and maid Buttercup)

Drew McDonald

Scott Parker

James Tighe

Robbie Brookside

Ulf Herman

Paul Travell

Workers I need more info on

New Breed (Ashe and Curve)

La Familia (Jorge and Alex Castano)

Jack Xavier

Chris Justice (Not sure who this is, But I think Abyss used this name at one point?)

Brandon Thomas

Ian DaSciple

I think Raj Ghosh and Ross Jordan might have been around at this point tagging as Double Dragon.

I also think Dean Ayass was working as a heel manager, not sure who the refs or announcers were. I also seem to recall at one point (not sure about the date though) that they had a female authority figure called Victoria DeMontfort who I don't think ever amounted to much and was probably just an actress/model or girlfriend of someone in the company or something like that.

Some FWA info that may help you…

By 2002 I think Alex Shane had a great deal of power behind the scenes in the FWA, He was pretty much calling the shots by this point or soon after. It’s your call but I’d make him unsackable as he had heavy ties in the company by this point.

In early 2002 the FWA featured a heel stable called ‘The Old School’; from memory I can recall that Drew McDonald, Justin Richards were members of this group and Dean Ayass was the manager. I think Karl Krammer was also associated with this group.

Paul Burchill was with the FWA in early 2002 but he’d yet to debut on one of the main FWA shows, but by this point he was either working the Academy shows or very close to doing so. (I know for sure he wrestled on an FWA Academy show in April 2002), so make sure he’s on the roster.

All I can tell you about Jack Xavier is that he was a face from the Midlands; I don’t think he was high on the card at this point; he was usually used in opening matches.

Chris Justice is a guy that I can’t remember much about as I only saw him once or twice, He’s not Abyss though. He was a young guy who I saw on the FWA Academy shows.

In all honesty though, the guys you’ve listed as being familiar are a pretty good representation of the FWA in this time period. I can’t see anybody who stands out as missing.

Oh yeah, If you want to set up the FWA Academy as a dojo for trainees, the trainers in early 2002 would have been Mark Sloan and Justin Richards.

Mark Priest did commentary for the FWA in 2002; He used to call the old FWA TV shows by himself. I believe FWA TV only used to air in the Portsmouth area on a local station. They did not get countrywide exposure until the show on the Wrestling Channel a few years later.

Tony Giles and Nick London were not around in 2002 as far as I can remember.

I’m not sure about Jane Childs as the ring announcer in 2002; I can’t recall anybody being around before her, but my knowledge of the FWA before 2002 is very limited.

Edit: Some relationships you can include are Alex Shane and Nikita who were a couple at the time. The same goes for Dean Ayass and Jane Childs.

I’m not sure about Jane Childs as the ring announcer in 2002; I can’t recall anybody being around before her, but my knowledge of the FWA before 2002 is very limited.

It still helps us alot :) Thanks guys I'll probably add them with this info, they don't have to be anything huge just something for people who want to play in UK.

Archived