getting low card titles off popular workers...

about to get the 2010, but this effects this game as well as what i had to deal with in the past.....

so an issue ive always had in the past few TEW games is getting belts off of workers they are too popular for without angering them.

Example (from 08): I created a low card TV title in TCW. i used it to build the lower card ect. Frankie Perez held it for a bit, but pop was moving quite fast and was now a mid carder. i wanted to move the belt off of him in order to get him in fueds for higher titles ect. he was upset that he was to lose his title to a lower pop worker. even if it wasnt clean and he was made to look strong.

To me it doesnt make sense that he wouldnt want to drop the TV title that hes too big for. This happens in almost all title situations except World title(i can see why people would whine about losing the big belt) It seems like to avoid angering the worker or whatever, id have to strip him/vacate it. which seems ok once in awhile but not always.

thoughts, advice?

Strip it. There seems to be little to no other option if you don't want to piss them off. Make up a story about it if you must, or make them lose the title before it is too late.

I remember in TEW 2008, in NOTB, apparently J. Stone held the tag team titles. I thought: 'great, he's my main eventer'. I had no choice then to let him lose the title to the most well known tag team (those brothers) with a huge pop bust, making me lose interest in that particular game since it pissed him off too. I don't know how he got in the tag team picture anyways.

Unless he has creative control, just have him lose anyway. Assuming you're going to keep giving him wins and pushing him further up the card, he's going to forget about that loss fairly quickly. And in 2010, if you really want him happy, you can give him a bonus.

Unless he has creative control, just have him lose anyway. Assuming you're going to keep giving him wins and pushing him further up the card, he's going to forget about that loss fairly quickly. And in 2010, if you really want him happy, you can give him a bonus.

Yes, exactly. What does it matter if he whines a bit?

Transfer the belt to people like Steve Flash who are willing to job. Have the belt on people who have a style penalty(usually luchadores or puresou). Those style penalty people will have a higher popularity than their push.

I wonder if the style bonus/penalty numbers someone did works the same for 2010.

Archived