DOA: The Evolution of GREED

Just read the show and network notes - phenomenal as always Eisen! It's good to see the Express get a win, and really happy Flash won - definitely didn't see that one coming.

Thank you, jhd1! :D

I have to say that I'm a big fan of "The Tokyo Express" from a smark-perspective. Two guys who have been deemed dispensible by TCW after practically dominating their cruiserweight division for years. So, the DOA gets the opportunity to house a collection of truly decorated individuals (especially OTA for that matter). It's the kind of thing that wrestling fans dream of when someone 'credible' drops down to TNA in which to help their company thrive. However, instead of someone dropping down to help the "X Division" grow, or something, in this case, they drop down to help give some sense of credibility to the Death-Defying Duo Division!

As for Flash, I wasn't sold on giving him the win right away to be honest. However, with the storyline that's brewing, it seemed realistic to do so. Plus, this brings some new developments while ending some old - A) Flash's only real problem with Powell was that he defeated him previously, so, now with a win over him (while not him getting the losing pinfall), It takes the edge off a little between the two. Allowing, Dragon/Powell to continue forward. B) Gives Steve Flash the 'edge' needed to show that he's truly obsessed with getting back to the top (by taking advantage of Dragon; a true babyface if there ever was one). All in all, the victory did a lot for his character & for the storyline as a whole.

I've got to say, not truly related to what you wrote, but I'm really excited to give the DOA an extra 30 minutes every week on "Rapid Assault". There is SO MUCH that I want to do; however, have been held back thus far due to time constraints. So, now, I have the ability to really flesh out the characters of people like: Dragon, Powell/Violet, Jay Chord, Roy Edison, and The Tokyo Express. Up until now, I've only really had time for the 'main players' to get their segment focus but, luckily now, I can really give these other guys a chance to really shine. In a sense, making it easier to book the DOA as everyone will have a background to themselves. That being said, I still have one more 60 minute show before the big transition so I don't want to overlook that!

All in all, Thanks for the kind words!

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monday Afternoon, 4th Week of June 2010

... A collection of Wrestling Visionaries; constructing DOA ...

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/TheGuru.jpg

SWF's Loss; DOA's Gain...

“It was what it was, John. I know that you can relate; knowing what it’s like to get word you’ve been ‘fired’ by Eisen not straight from him, but rather, via a breaking news post on an internet website. That seems to be his M-O as of late; easier to distance himself from the reality of breaking someone’s heart. It’s wrong; very wrong. However, I’m excited to ‘stick it to him’ here in DOA.”

There was a playful sense of laughter following his last statement; however, an underlying tone of truth within the fray. For years, Eknath Dutta made a career out of inspiring the “mosnter’s” of the Pro Wrestling Industry; his most famous pupil being Runaway Train. However, even He, a well-known on-screen personality, was unable to escape the never-ending Eisen “Guillotine” that is unexplained Supreme termination.

Shortly after his release, the man many claim to be a “Guru” found a ‘home’, once again, with the underground CZCW promotion; a company he helped to shape during the early 90’s. However, with time, this general ‘good-guy’, found the want to officially ‘stick-it’ to Mr. Eisen. I don’t blame him in the slightest; as for years, I’ve wanted to do the same.

With time, that want… that necessity for vindication becomes an overpowering force; something that you can’t deny & will ultimately succumb to.

Here we were, two men… both removed from the company we once loved, we once bled for, via the same manor: An investigative wrestling online publication.

“I understand completely, Eknath. [Nodding my head in a show of understanding] That’s one of the underlying reasons why I really wanted this job; the reason why I KNOW you wanted it as well.”

As many of you may already know, Eknath was one of the few men I beat out to receive my position here with the Arcadia Network. However, even at that point, we were always cordial with one another. It was only Alex Braun who really had a major issue with what took place. Overall, I’ve always held Mr. Dutta in high esteem for his extensive knowledge in what makes ‘good wrestling’.

That’s why I personally reached out to him, on several occasions, to bring him ‘on board’ as my right-hand man. At first, as you can expect, He wasn’t very warm to the idea. However, with time, his hard-stance began to slowly ease. By this point, some 7 months later, Mr. Dutta is far more interested in the notion of lending a ‘helping hand’ despite not solely being in a position of power.

His initial doubts were eased. His new focus, to help mold the DOA into a ‘playground’ for those willing to turn the industry ‘upside down’.

“I did. I really did. [Nods his head; however, not in a sad manor.] In the end, though, Mr. Tarver saw your vision as more in-line with the Network’s overall image for their programming. I get that and I can’t blame them for making that decision. You’ve done a great job in crafting this company; giving it a unique image all of its own. [smiles with a genuine nature.] I’m just happy to be on board. Now, We just have to make sure that the DOA continues to push toward its goal: bringing a new, more innovative, tone to the US wrestling scene.”

We are on the same page. Two men, both slighted by Mr. Eisen and the “Supreme” wrestling organization; focused and determined to shift the wrestling axis as much as possible. Hopefully, unseating a few promotions along the way. However, we aren’t dumb. It will take time, a very long time, to EVER get in-line with the “Big Three”. Maybe the Network will give us that amount of time… maybe not? Either way, we are going to do our best to make sure it becomes a reality.

“Believe me, Eknath. [i return with a smile of my own] The DOA, the Arcadia Network, and I, are all very happy to have you on board. Your vast knowledge, and overall willingness to work as one with us all, is something that I truly cherish. Together, you and I, we’re going to see to it that we inspire ‘the winds of change’ to come a little sooner, and a little stronger.”

With a greater sense of happiness flowing within my naturally lit office; it all is made official with a simple handshake. The formation of two wrestling minds, Looking to ‘change the world’ from within the confines of the Arcadia Network.

<hr color="black">

What We Learned:

* The Guru has signed with Deadly Overloaded Action.

* Eknath Dutta is "The Guru's" real name. While an American born wrestler/personality, His parent's were originally from India. This close connection with his families home-land has given him the insight to construct the "Guru" character.

* Eknath will work as an on-screen character (his debut coming soon); however, will also work as John Greed's right-hand-man from a corporate scenario. While i'm unable to present this from an in-game perspective, from a diary perspective it's known that he's considered to be an aide to Greed. Just as Eric Tyler is; however, Eknath will be much more 'hands-on' and present at John's side from this day forward.

I really like the idea of The Guru being a prominent figure for John Greed and the DOA. It goes well with how this dynasty started as John and he competed for the job, took some time for him to once again like the idea of the DOA, and then comes back in which to help it push toward the top. This could make for some great backstage storylines as i'm sure they won't always see eye to eye.

I also really like that you gave The Guru his own story all within one post. I feel like I know the guy now rather than just being a picture of a guy who use to work for SWF. Your story telling abilities are unmatched sir.

I really like the idea of The Guru being a prominent figure for John Greed and the DOA. It goes well with how this dynasty started as John and he competed for the job, took some time for him to once again like the idea of the DOA, and then comes back in which to help it push toward the top. This could make for some great backstage storylines as i'm sure they won't always see eye to eye.

Thank you, Oracle!

Yea, at first, I signed The Guru solely based upon a storyline that he's going to be in the center of; however, with time, It seemed very realistic to also have him play a major roll from an administrative situation. He and John Greed have a lot in common; but with that said, I'm sure there will be tension at some point. There always is when it comes to office-place friendships. Needless to say, I'm really excited to use Eknath Dutta (The Guru) both on-screen and behind the scenes in which to flesh out the DOA a little more.

It's new for me to have a "right hand man" to John Greed. Shows his Evolution ;) , if you will, to start allowing others into "his camp". Forming a behind the scenes kliq if you will.

I also really like that you gave The Guru his own story all within one post. I feel like I know the guy now rather than just being a picture of a guy who use to work for SWF. Your story telling abilities are unmatched sir.

wow, that's very nice of you! Thank you! :D

I always make it a goal of mine to really flesh out my characters (both on-screen and off) so that way the reader has a better understanding for these people outside of just their picture and a generic personality type. Those literary works that can really give you the WHOLE story instead of just a few bits and pieces are what I really love; fleshing out the entire environment instead of just giving you a bland relaying of "what happened". In that case, It becomes more of an all-around experience vs. just a run-of-the-mill diary.

Great show, E-V! I really liked what you did with Matty Sparrow/The Moral Majority. Their feud has just gotten a lot more heated with the MM's new outlook on things. Also, Vicious in a three-way Submission match while his arms are tied behind his back? Damn, Feels very Austin/McMahon like during the Attitude era.

Love what you've been doing with this diary. It's a great read!

Thank you, CZCW! Your continued support means a lot to me!

The Matty Sparrow/Moral Majority storyline is pushing along pretty well. This last Episode really took things to "another level" now though as Matty has a personal reason to dislike the MM; instead of dislking them just for their persecution of him. Now, with the fire burning a little stronger, more crazier scenarios can come into play as there's an actual "bitter hatred" there. More than JUST a sub-culture warfare; it now becomes personal. Plus, it gives the MM more "bite" with this previous episode; screwing over Matty & making their presence known in the Death-Defying Duo Championship match. As much as it was Matty's "coming out party" from a legit Superstar-standpoint; it was also the Moral Majority's moment to show that they are, truly, a force to be reckoned with.

As for the Johnny Vicious/Triple Threat Submission Match/His arms tied behind his back scenario, I can def. see the Austin/McMahon/Attitude Era Feud coming into play. As with the Matty/MM feud, Things are about to become MUCH more personal between Tyler and Vicious as Mr. Tyler has been delegated by the Network to personally oversee Vicious's "climb back to the top". So, in this way, Tyler can administer this scenario as he wants it to be done; Thus, Vicious's impossible feat of trying to defeat Keith and Torment with both of his hands tied behind his back in a Submission match next week. Also, as you'll see with the next show, there's a lot more "craziness" hiding behind what seems to be a one-sided match already. ha.

It was Family Mtters by the way. not Full House (I am I nerd for knowing the difference?);)

I am fired up now, This is going to be good. Can we see some DOA wrestlers show up on USPW shows causing problems? Come on now you know you want it.

Trevor

I am just waiting for the unveiling of the Guru's hidden agenda to undermine and supplant Greed as the booker of DOA. ;)

You know what they say " Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

Of course they leave out the second part of that " so it's easier to slide your knife in their back!" :D

It was Family Mtters by the way. not Full House (I am I nerd for knowing the difference?);)

I'm pretty sure that it's "Full House" as I looked up the lyrics to their theme song and that's what I got on a few attempts. Either way, I know the feeling. ha. I'm still a fan of the shows despite now being in my mid-20's.

I am fired up now, This is going to be good. Can we see some DOA wrestlers show up on USPW shows causing problems? Come on now you know you want it.

I don't want to give too much away; however, USPW is a long-term goal in this diary. That being said, The DOA will certainly respond to his b*tching in the next coming shows with a new development coming... ;)

I am just waiting for the unveiling of the Guru's hidden agenda to undermine and supplant Greed as the booker of DOA. ;)

You know what they say " Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

Of course they leave out the second part of that " so it's easier to slide your knife in their back!" :D

I guess you never know.... ;)

The Guru/John Greed relationship will most likely evolve quite a bit over the next few seasons; however, at this point they are on the same page entirely. Two men, jaded and wanting to 'stick it' to the SWF, working together in which to do exactly that. Then again, The Guru will eventually show more depth from the standpoint of feeling hatred toward the Eisen's; however, also trying to find a sense of peace in his new sorroundings.

The Guru/John Greed relationship will most likely evolve quite a bit over the next few seasons; however, at this point they are on the same page entirely. Two men, jaded and wanting to 'stick it' to the SWF, working together in which to do exactly that. Then again, The Guru will eventually show more depth from the standpoint of feeling hatred toward the Eisen's; however, also trying to find a sense of peace in his new sorroundings.

It's all just to lull you into a sense of false security before he strikes. The Guru is patient, like Alex DeColt. After all, Alex waited 18 months before he stuck it to my user character David Mack! ;)

It may not be this season, it may not even be the next, or the next, but mark my words, The Guru will strike!!! :D:p

It's all just to lull you into a sense of false security before he strikes. The Guru is patient, like Alex DeColt. After all, Alex waited 18 months before he stuck it to my user character David Mack! ;)

It may not be this season, it may not even be the next, or the next, but mark my words, The Guru will strike!!! :D:p

The man has a plan. He is THE GURU, after all...

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/TV/DOAtv.jpg</span><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/TV/Arcadia.jpg</span><p> <span style="font-family:'Arial Black';"><strong>Episode #8</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Arial Black';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Arial Black';"><em>Thursday, 4th Week of June 2010</em></span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">The most chaotic, athletically grueling, death-defying form of Pro Wrestling is coming straight into your home this week, Thursday, on DOA "Rapid Assault". No one will be safe.... Everyone may leave via an ambulance.... and Some, May never be the same again.... However, ALL DOA competitors will gain your absolute respect as they wage war with one another, putting their lives at risk, all for one momentous collective prize.... To usher in a New Era in Pro Wrestling... An Era of limitless possibilities... An Era... of Deadly... Overloaded... Action!</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26399" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/JohnnyVicious.jpg</span><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Versus/_BlankBackground.jpg</span><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/MathewKeith.jpg</span><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Versus/_BlankBackground.jpg</span><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/MarcSpeed.jpg</span><p> <span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><strong>Johnny "The Blazing Red Demon" Vicious vs. Matthew Keith vs. Torment</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><em>Three-Way Submission Match</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><em>Johnny Vicious's arms will be tied behind his back during the match</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> How can one defeat two other opponents if his hands are bound behind his back? Sounds impossible, right? Trust me, it gets worse. Now, add the fact that the only way you can win said match-up is by forcing one of your opponents to submit. This is the ridiculously unfair scenario that Johnny “The Blazing Red Demon” Vicious finds himself in this week on DOA “Rapid Assault”.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> By decree of “The Voice of Reason”, the newly appointed administrator of Johnny Vicious’ “journey back to the DOA Championship”, Vicious will be forced to compete against two submission-based warriors in Matthew Keith and Torment. As we saw this last week on “Rapid Assault”, Keith was given this opportunity due to the sadistic beating levied upon him by Johnny Vicious the week prior; an attack that opened the door to Vicious’ internal frustration. Meanwhile, Torment was sighted at the side of “The Voice of Reason” later on in the show; cementing the fact that he now, seemingly, works closely with Mr. Tyler as a ‘hired apprentice’. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> With all of this hovering over the opening match of the night, How can Johnny find a way to overcome the one-sided odds in which to stand as the victor?</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> If you ask me; It’s going to take a combination of focus, a unique skill-set, and a whole lot of luck in which to come away with his body still in tact. A victory is almost entirely out of the question, so, just surviving appears to be Vicious’ REAL challenge this week!</span></p></div><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26399" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/JayChord.jpg</span><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Versus/_BlankBackground.jpg</span><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/SteveFlash_alt8.jpg</span><p> <span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><strong>Jay Chord vs. Steve Flash</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><em>Singles Match</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> The second match of the night reeks of Vindication. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> Steve Flash looks for vindication as it pertains to his belief that he still has a lot left in the tank; annoyed over Mr. Tyler’s incessant need to drive him toward retirement. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> Jay Chord looks for vindication as it pertains to his ability to ‘break-out’ from his father’s encompassing shadow; already showing signs that he carries a heavy chip on his shoulder straight out of the gate. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> However, it’s not just between these two.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> Mr. Tyler also looks for vindication as he attempts to prove his theory right; that “The Remarkable” Steve Flash simply can’t ’keep up’ with the new generation of superstars in the DOA. Ultimately, cementing his stance that Mr. Flash should ’hang up his boots’ and retire.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> All in all, Which one of these men will find a sense of ease as they move, ever-so-closer, toward realizing their ultimate goal: to be right?</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> Either way, you can expect that Mr. Tyler will firmly be in the corner of the young Jay Chord; even if his rebellious attitude is only a few seconds away from wearing thin with “The Voice of Reason”.</span></p></div><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26399" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/Acid.jpg</span><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/RayneMan_alt1.jpg</span><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Versus/_BlankBackground.jpg</span><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/GrouchoBling_alt8.jpg</span><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/MattSparrow_alt8.jpg</span><p> <span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><strong>Acid and Rayne Man vs. Greg Black and Matty Sparrow</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><em>Standard Tag Team Match-up (Not under a Death-Defying Duo rule set)</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> How can you trust a man who shockingly attacked you when your guard was down? Could you push aside the pain he inflicted upon you IF there stood a bitter rival on the other side of the fight? This is the psychological struggle plaguing Matty “The Pecker-Wrecker” Sparrow as he’s forced to team with the mysterious DOA newcomer, Greg Black, in a Main Event Tag Team Match-up!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> Their opponents; DOA Champion, Acid, and the violently brutal, Rayne Man. Two men joined in their allegiance to “The Voice of Reason”; acting as his ‘hired guns’ in return for Mr. Tyler personally adding them to the DOA roster. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> Will Matty Sparrow & Greg Black be able to work as a fully-functioning unit? - OR - Will their brewing distrust of each other ultimately destroy any chance at a victory? </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> Can Acid & Rayne Man continue their dominating work together? (1-0 Already) - OR - Will the chaotic pairing of Sparrow and Black find a way to defeat the companies ‘top guns’?</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> Either way, There’s bound to be a war-like atmosphere within the “Dungeon” as these two teams, from opposite sides of the tracks, compete for the very first time on DOA “Rapid Assault”!</span></p></div><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26399" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/GrouchoBling_alt8.jpg</span><span>http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/EricTyler.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">Also, Will we find out Greg Black’s reasoning for his shocking assault of BOTH Acid and Matty Sparrow in the closing moments of last week’s episode? It’s been rumored that Mr. Tyler, himself, will address the situation & will call on Greg Black to “explain himself”; a scenario that certainly will bring a level of grandeur to this week’s broadcast!</span></p></div><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <hr color="black"></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26399" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-size:8px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">"Rapid Assault" Quick Picks</span></strong></span><p><span style="font-size:8px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:8px;"> Johnny Vicious vs. Matthew Keith vs. Torment</span></p><p><span style="font-size:8px;"> Jay Chord vs. Steve Flash</span></p><p><span style="font-size:8px;"> Acid and Rayne Man vs. Greg Black and Matty Sparrow</span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26399" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-size:8px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Side Note</span></strong></span><span style="font-size:8px;"><strong>:</strong></span><span style="font-size:8px;"> I've decided to change the way the matches are displayed. Instead of the babyface always being first, I'm going to go off of an alphabetical display of the competitors. That way, there are no clues given as to who may be favored in the match.</span></div></blockquote>

<p><strong>Johnny Vicious </strong>vs. Matthew Keith vs. Torment</p><p>

<em>Vicious continues to be a focal point</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jay Chord</strong> vs. Steve Flash</p><p>

<em>I sense the 'voice of reason' getting involved to convince Flash that it's time to go to pasture.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Acid and Rayne Man vs. <strong>Greg Black and Matty Sparrow</strong> </p><p>

<em>While Acid may balk, the momentum of Black's entry gets derailed if he loses here</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><em>PS: Beware the GURU!!</em></strong></p>

<p>"Rapid Assault" Quick Picks</p><p> </p><p>

Johnny Vicious vs. Matthew Keith vs. <strong>Torment</strong></p><p>

<em>Going with "The Voice of Reason's" dog in the fight. Johnny Vicious will make it very interesting throughout, but Torment picks up the win.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Eric Tyler has his hand in this match somehow, and the arrogant Jay Chord gets his way.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Acid and Rayne Man vs. <strong>Greg Black and Matty Sparrow </strong> </p><p>

<em>I really don't see heels winning all the matches, so Greg Black and Matty Sparrow overcome their differences to beat Acid and Rayne Man in probably the best non-title match so far.</em></p>

<p><strong>Johnny Vicious</strong> vs. Matthew Keith vs. Torment</p><p>

-<em>Despite not having his arms, I don't see Vicious being slowed down this early in his rise to the top.</em></p><p>

-Jay is a rising star, and while he may not be getting a huge push, he's still on his way to the top. I predict interference.</p><p>

<strong>Acid and Rayne Man</strong> vs. Greg Black and Matty Sparrow </p><p>

-<em>My immense dislike for Greg Rayne aside, I think the good guys are a little out-shadowed in this one.</em></p>

Johnny Vicious vs. Matthew Keith vs. Torment

When the odds seem impossible in wrestling, then favour the man the odds are stacked against.

Jay Chord vs. Steve Flash

The old warhorse will win this to the frustration of Eric Tyler.

Acid and Rayne Man vs. Greg Black and Matty Sparrow

Tyler's charges to emerge with the victory in this one, when Sparrow walks out on Black.

Matthew is a Keith and will be blocking Torment from getting the win, allowing Vicious to do some wacky submission we didn't know he was capable of.

Almost picked Chord but TK's reasoning turned me. It would make sense to frustrate Tyler.

Screw storylines, I am picking this team for the render of Matty Boy. Awesome. Then again, having Black/Sparrow get the duke would be something new to see.

P.S. Since there is no Cannonball Funk, I ain't watching this episode, kind sir. I will just watch the latest PPV from SWF I illegally downloaded last night. Pfft. Shame on you, EV:p.

<em><span style="font-size:8px;">Got to keep up the chase...</span></em></p><p>

Jay Chord vs. <strong>Steve Flash</strong></p><p>

<em><span style="font-size:8px;">DQ. Chord as a character will want to win all the time, but Flash is in a big storyline at the moment. Therefore, a DQ would keep both strong and Tyler busy.</span></em></p><p>

Acid and Rayne Man vs. <strong>Greg Black and Matty Sparrow</strong></p><p>

<em><span style="font-size:8px;">Tough one again, because I think a victory for Acid wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Still, as someone else pointed out, he's got to lose sometime and Black's debut momentum will continue with a victory. Rayne Man to be pinned by Black.</span></em></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Johnny Vicious</strong> vs. Matthew Keith vs. Torment</p><p>

<em>Vicious breaks free of his bondage and gets the win as a metaphor for him breaking free from the bondage of Eric Tyler.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Jay Chord vs. <strong>Steve Flash</strong></p><p>

<em>I can never and will never vote for Jay Chord in any diary. Spoiled little brat.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Acid and Rayne Man vs. Greg Black and Matty Sparrow</strong></p><p>

<em>I see a draw here to keep everyone strong. Though Sparrow is definitely a weak link.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><em>Still enjoying this diary so far. You put in a lot of hard work, EV, and it shows.</em></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p><strong>Johnny Vicious</strong> vs. Matthew Keith vs. Torment</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jay Chord</strong> vs. Steve Flash</p><p> </p><p>

I got a feeling, that tonight's going to be a good night, tonight's going to be a good good night for Jay Chord. Watch me be wrong...</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Acid and Rayne Man vs. Greg Black and Matty Sparrow </strong></p><p> </p><p>

I agree with angeldelayette, I see a non-finish in this match.</p>

Vicious seems the best prospect</p><p> </p><p>

Sorry Steve.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Acid and Rayne Man </strong>vs. Greg Black and Matty Sparrow </p><p>

This is tough, you don't want Black to lose now, but I think I still have to go with Acid.....Maybe something cheap to keep Black strong.</p>

Vicious is the man. He'll find a way to pull of some crazy submission hold without his hands and shock the world with a win. Pissing off Eric Tyler.

Flash is in the bigger storyline and is, most likely, far more over than Chord. Then again this could be your route to push Chord up the ranks pretty quick with a win over Flash. I'm guessing that Flash pulls out the win.

Greg Black just debuted so I don't see him losing. As others have said it would most likely ruin his momentum to lose straight out of the gate like this. Should be a great match though.

~~~> 13 Predictions thus far! Thank you for that!

:D <~~~

Now onto a few notes...

PS: Beware the GURU!!

I'm not sure if one should really be afraid of, Eknath. ha. I mean, If you look at his "personal settings" in the game, He seems like the nicest man you'd ever meet. The kind of person you could actually have a conversation with at a bus stop or something; going home feeling good about your day. :D

Sure, he may disagree with Greed at some point; however, I don't know if he'll ever become the 'evil villan' you'd like him to be Dragon. haha. ;)

But, I guess, this is wrestling... So you can never say never.

P.S. Since there is no Cannonball Funk, I ain't watching this episode, kind sir. I will just watch the latest PPV from SWF I illegally downloaded last night. Pfft. Shame on you, EV:p.

All I have to say is, I can't wait until next episode when I have a full 90 minutes to book. ;) Sadly, Cannonball Funk has become the victim of the rising Vicious/Tyler storyline, Tyler/Flash storyline, Greg Black debut, and the focus on "Totally Supreme". Within the fray, he's found a way to become quite lost.

That being said, He'll be back... In a funkin' big way. :cool:

Still enjoying this diary so far. You put in a lot of hard work, EV, and it shows.

Thank you, Angel!

It really has been a lot of work thus far; however, it's also been MUCH easier than my PSW diary. Mostly because I've learned how to pace myself for once. I use to run myself rampad with Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling to the point where it became quite draining to put together a show. That being said, luckily, it hasn't been such with the DOA. I've learned to embrace the process of having this project being lost in the 2nd, and sometimes even 3rd, page. It's given me a whole new, much more positive, outlook on creating a project as big as this one.

Overall, I'm loving every second of it & I'm glad to hear that there are others (like you) who are enjoying it thus far! Just makes it that much more sweeter.

Archived