TNA's New Beginnings II

Is CMLL hiring guys to Written deals, and then firing them days later? That happened to me using this data in TEW2008, with my ROH diary game. I believe it happened because CMLL reached a point where they were clearly in position to be running weekly TV in Mexico, but there was no network in Mexico that was the appropriate size.

Yes, precisely that. I've checked and none of the guys who have left me are still with CMLL. It's getting very annoying.

It leaves me in a quandry. I am usually dead against cheating in any form, but this is getting to the point of stupidity. Following the latest Impact another five guys have been offered deals with CMLL including CM Punk and Konnan. I'm losing so many guys to CMLL only for them to fire them days later I feel cheated. I could understand if we were at war with one another, but we're not.

I am seriously contemplating using the editor whenever any more of my guys get a contract with CMLL to alter it back.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Explosion preview

Explosion is back on UrbanXtra pay per view with a well stacked card.

NWA TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Jeff Jarrett (champion) v Rick Steiner

NWA TNA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Backstreet Boyz (champions) v Spanish Announce Team

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

CM Punk (champion) v Doug Williams

Abyss v Ken Shamrock

Sid Vicious v 'Dr Death' Steve Williams

'Wildcat' Chris Harris v Konnan

Mike Sanders v Ultimo Dragon

Necro Butcher is on the receiving end of a vicious beating from Chris Candido

I may like Candido and hope to see big things from him - but he must pay for these crimez against humanity. He may well feel the wrath of BG James!!!

(who by the way BG seems to be getting a bad rap - no pun - his only matches have been against Ernest Miller and it takes 2 to tango. Miller had a couple 4-ways in addition to his matches vs little Armstrong. BG needs a couple chances to rumble with the big boys and get something going. or at least a change of scenary away from Cat Miller)

Like what you're doing with Wright and Bagwell - where Roger is making Alex do what Puff did and see if he can do it better (though turning around and losing to Ultimo Dragon took a little luster off the angle -- let's hope Alex can recover quickly!)

onto the next picks

chances are that Alex or Roger will stick their nose into this match - not that Jarrett needs the help, but Alex could use the rub

they did well their last time out and and may fit in for a longer title run this time. SAT should provide a good quality match

Abyss v Ken Shamrock

should be a hard-hitting match. Sid works off some more ring rust in preparation for his Slammerversary showdown - which could mean we see little Puff poking his nose into places it doesn't belong

Harris can be a breakout star. Konnan is usually a broken down star. Chalk one up for AMW

Sanders has made an impressive splash (well its been at least "Above Average") The former/future Natural Born Thriller has a good program going with Candido and a win over dragon can help elevate him to bigger and better things. Mike can certainally stir things up and possibly create a new stable for your TNA to bring a couple of your heels together and help boost them up some.

Abyss v Ken Shamrock

Yes, precisely that. I've checked and none of the guys who have left me are still with CMLL. It's getting very annoying.

It leaves me in a quandry. I am usually dead against cheating in any form, but this is getting to the point of stupidity. Following the latest Impact another five guys have been offered deals with CMLL including CM Punk and Konnan. I'm losing so many guys to CMLL only for them to fire them days later I feel cheated. I could understand if we were at war with one another, but we're not.

I am seriously contemplating using the editor whenever any more of my guys get a contract with CMLL to alter it back.

In this case, it isn't really even cheating--it's just an oversight in the data itself that leads to CMLL getting stuck in this sort of limbo where they're big enough to sign guys to written contracts, but there isn't a suitable TV network in Mexico for them to land a show on. I essentially killed CMLL off via the editor. Not something I'd have ever done normally, but they would have ruined the entire game world aside from WWF and NJPW, so I decided drastic steps were necessary. At that time, I hadn't noticed the problem with their not being a TV network in Mexico that CMLL could realistically get on, so a better solution for you might be to create an appropriately sized Mexican TV network in the main editor, and import it into your saved game.

Abyss v Ken Shamrock

PRE SHOW

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Harry Smith defeated Little Guido in 6:39 by submission with a Bulldog Bite. C-

Explosion

Monday, week 2, June 2003

Campanelli Stadium, Brockton, MA.

Live on UrbanXtra pay per view.

Sid Vicious speaks in ring telling Jeff Jarrett it is only a matter of time before he gets the opportunity to go psycho on him. Sid says he has waited a long time for this and waiting a little while longer won't make any difference. C+

A good match where a tiny section of the crowd were chanting "We want Necro". One can only presume that members of this forum bought a ticket for this event. Both Sanders and Dragon looked good tonight and Sanders is one of very few of the clutch of recent additions to the roster that has made an impression. Unfortunately for him, by the end of the match Ultimo had made an impression on him in 9:52 by submission with a Dragon Sleeper. C-

Konnan (with Hernandez & Jorge Estrada) v 'Wildcat' Chris Harris (with 'Cowboy' James Storm, Robert Roode & Dawn Marie)

Mickey Jay had his hands full trying to keep control of this one, which was a bit of a come down from the opening bout. Jay was never going to keep control of this one and one time it broke down it turned out to be decisive. James Storm and Robert Roode made the most of Mickey Jay warning Estrada and Hernandez for their conduct by entering the ring and taking Konnan down with a Storm powerbomb Roode neckbreaker combination. This allowed Harris to pick up a now easy victory in 9:21 by pinfall with a Catatonic. D

CM Punk cuts an interview where he dismisses Desmond Wolfe as a second rate wrestler who comes from a country that can only produce second rate wrestlers. C-

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/TNA_tag_team_championships.jpg

Backstreet Boyz (champions) v Spanish Announce Team (with So Cal Val)

A very good, very entertaining, fast paced, edge of your seat match. It promised much before and it delivered. Two experienced teams giving it all for the prestigious titles. Acid and Kashmere came through this stern test in 14:15 when Trent Acid defeated Joel Maximo by pinfall with a Backstreets Back. Backstreet Boyz make defence number 2 of their NWA TNA World Tag Team titles. C+

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/nastyz19/TNA_X_Division_Championship_2007.jpg

A match equally as good but for different reasons as this was a far more technical affair but no less enthralling. Williams was hot at the start of the match, clearly irritated by Punk's remarks earlier about the United Kingdom producing second rate wrestlers. Punk came back and the two fought tooth and nail to try and keep/win the belt. Punk ultimately retained, which in one way was a shame as it would have meant Doug Williams would have faced Desmond Wolfe at Slammiversary. As it was, Punk stays champion in 15:08 by pinfall with a Pepsi Plunge. CM Punk makes defence number 1 of his TNA X Division title. C+

Rick Steiner speaks backstage saying that the dog will have his day tonight and will take the title from Jeff Jarrett. C

'Dr Death' Steve Williams v Sid Vicious

Not the best match by any stretch but when you have Sid, rusty and showing signs of tiredness by the end and Dr Death, who competes almost exclusively in Japan, it was never going to be the highlight of the night. As it turn out, it will be the one least remembered where Sid came out on top in 11:55 by pinfall with a Powerbomb. D

Ken Shamrock talks from the backstage area, saying that it is about time that somebody took the monster down to size, telling Abyss that he is going down tonight. E+

Abyss v Ken Shamrock

Thankfully the match went down much better with the crowd than the promo that preceeded it. While Shamrock was largely successful in taking down the monster, he was helped by Backstreet Boyz, who ran in to attack Abyss themselves while Mickey Jay was distracted removing weapons from the ring that Abyss had thrown in. This helped Shamrock lock in the Ankle Lock which led to Abyss tapping in 14:10. C-

http://turnbuckle.wdfiles.com/local--files/tna-world-heavyweight-championship/TNA_World_Heavyweight_Championship.jpg

A very good match to round off what has been one of TNA's best shows in it's first year. Jarrett and Steiner share great chemistry and it showed as they both performed superbly, in a match that was a throwback to some more old school type matches, where it slowly built and built to a crescendo of a finish. This came with Jarrett coming out on top in 18:45 by pinfall with The Stroke after a distraction from Alex Wright. Well done Alex, you've now seriously pissed off Steiner just in time for Slammiversary. Jeff Jarrett makes defence number 7 of his NWA TNA World Heavyweight title. B-

The action didn't finish there though. Following the match, American Dragon came running to ringside, where he confronted Jeff Jarrett and the two started fighting and ended up brawling all the way to the back as Explosion finished. C

Show rating: C

A number of angles did not reach the standard of the matches. The show can be considered a success and should increase TNA's popularity.

Attendance: 5000 (sellout)

Buy rate: 0.35 (new TNA record)

Profit: $82,315 (new TNA record)

Explosion is rated as TNA's second best show (after Lockdown 2003).

Jeff Jarrett v Rick Steiner is rated as TNA's fourth best match.

In this case, it isn't really even cheating--it's just an oversight in the data itself that leads to CMLL getting stuck in this sort of limbo where they're big enough to sign guys to written contracts, but there isn't a suitable TV network in Mexico for them to land a show on. I essentially killed CMLL off via the editor. Not something I'd have ever done normally, but they would have ruined the entire game world aside from WWF and NJPW, so I decided drastic steps were necessary. At that time, I hadn't noticed the problem with their not being a TV network in Mexico that CMLL could realistically get on, so a better solution for you might be to create an appropriately sized Mexican TV network in the main editor, and import it into your saved game.

I'm not sure it is down to TV networks. A look at the TV networks list on this database gives the following (coverage only in Mexico) who could potentially carry CMLL at their current national size...

Canal, Galavision, Telemundo all big

Televisa, TV Azteca all very big.

Only TV Azteca have a TV deal currently in place, to broadcast WWE Smackdown! In fact, that is the only wrestling TV show currently being broadcast in Mexico in my game.

EDIT: Maybe I should knock one of the three big networks down one level?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xh9fTArvxxM/S_Diw_sfFwI/AAAAAAAAFfg/zE7CJvEMZIg/S1600-R/Slammiversary+2010.jpg

Sunday, week 3, June 2003

Kiefer Lakefront Arena, New Orleans, LA.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTU4klaaGi8&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTU4klaaGi8&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jeff Jarrett (champion) v American Dragon (C+ heat)

Backstreet Boyz (champions) v Abyss & Vader (D+)

CM Punk (champion) v Desmond Wolfe (D)

Ernest Miller v Steve Corino (D)

SIX MAN TAG

America's Most Wanted v Latin American Exchange (E+)

Ken Shamrock v Eric Bischoff's choice (D+)

Alex Wright v Rick Steiner (D)

Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell v Sid Vicious (D+)

More matches to be announced.

PLUS SPECIAL GUESTS

Florence and the Machine

PREDICTION PRIZE

Create a character. Can be anybody you like as long as he or she is not a duplicate of somebody in the game. He or she will then join TNA.

actually ended up being a great show. May have to bring Jarrett vs Steiner back for one of the big PPV's - build a story around them and get some good heat for an ever better rating. Steiner with his background could be looking for a suitable partner and go after the tag belts (Maybe Dr. Death Steve Williams in a revised version of the Varsity Club??). Backstreet Boyz are turning some quality matches as champ so not sure how anxious you are to make a title switch -- but in case the Monsters Inc regain the belts a team like Steiner-Williams would be a great challenge for them

<p><strong>Impact preview</strong></p><p> </p><p>

TNA's first birthday celebrations are gearing up and a mouth watering match will headline the show between World Champion Jeff Jarrett and American Dragon. The two brawled to the back to close Explosion on Monday night. Will they carry on where they left off?</p><p>

Buff & Roger Bagwell's marriage has hit it's first sticking point with Alex Wright arriving on the scene. Buff accused Roger of carrying on with Alex behind his back, but Roger put Buff in his place by taking control and assigning Wright a match with Rick Steiner at Slammiversary. All four will be in the building for Impact.</p><p>

On Explosion, Backstreet Boyz cost Abyss a match against Ken Shamrock. You can be sure the monster will be after their blood. Will he get it?</p><p> </p><p>

Tune in to Sci Fi to find out.</p><p> </p><p>

MATCHES</p><p>

Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell v 'Wildcat' Chris Harris</p><p>

Pride of Britain v CM Punk & Air Paris</p><p>

Abyss v Trent Acid</p><p>

Frankie Kazarian v Jody Fleisch</p><p>

Mike Sanders & Necro Butcher v 'Alpha Male' Monty Brown & Ultimo Dragon</p>

PRE SHOW

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Super Crazy defeated EZ Money in 6:01 by pinfall with a Crazy Bomb. C-

Impact

Saturday, week 2, June 2003

Cox Pavillion, Las Vegas, NV.

Live on Sci Fi.

Impact starts from precisely where Explosion left out. Out from the back come Jeff Jarrett and American Dragon in mid brawl. They fight down the ramp, round the ring, through the crowd and back up onto the stage. The crowd are lapping it up and they edge nearer to the edge of the stage, where they both fall and go crashing through tables and televisual equipment. Neither men move as TNA officials and paramedics come rushing from the back. C

CM Punk and Air Paris are backstage talking themselves up and Pride of Britain down. They meet later tonight, while Punk faces Wolfe with the X Division Championship on the line at Slammiversary. D

Mike Sanders & 'Everybody's Favourite' Necro Butcher v 'Alpha Male' Monty Brown & Ultimo Dragon

Two very unlikely pairings and something else unlikely... a Necro Butcher wrestling (yes wrestling, not hardcore) that was watchable... though he still got a poor reaction from the majority of the crowd. He also lost the match, but at least he had a valid excuse as in 6:32 Ultimo Dragon defeated him by pinfall with an Asai DDT following interference from Chris Candido. D+

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/f/frankiekazarian/11.jpg

Frankie Kazarian has been called into Eric Bischoff's office. Bischoff tells Kazarian that he sees a lot of potential in him. He could be a star. However, he has not been given any chances of late. So he's going to give him his chance... two in fact. Tonight he will face Jody Fleisch while at Slammiversary he will be in a four way match involving Doug Williams, Shane Douglas and Super Crazy. Kazarian thanks Bischoff for his opportunity... nobody can seem to remember when Kazarian last wrestled on TNA TV! C+

A video plays recapping the verbal feud between Dragons and Spanish Announce Team. D

Joel Gertner is backstage interviewing Buff Bagwell and Roger Bagwell. Buff tells Joel that Sid's victory on Impact was lucky and he will beat the crap out of him at Slammiversary. Roger remarks that Buff really wants to just beat the crap out of his friend Alex Wright and storms off while Buff shouts at him. Buff and Roger looked awkward together. It looks like the gay comedy is over, at least for now. (Sorry guys!) C

Frankie Kazarian v Jody Fleisch

Eric Bischoff's faith in Frankie Kazarian was repayed, at least in Kazarian's first outing since Bischoff's public show of support. He overcame the high flying Brit in a reasonable match and it could kickstart Kazarian's momentum, which has been sorely lacking. His win came in 8:14 by pinfall with a Wave Of The Future. D+

BG James comes down to the ring and address Ken Shamrock who does not appear. He asks Shamrock if he likes the gifts he has recently been receiving, implying but not admitting that he has been the man behind them. He challenges Shamrock to prove he is behind them. D+

Jorge Estrada and Konnan are backstage where they swear bloody and bitter revenge on America's Most Wanted for their recent "heinous acts". D-

Abyss v Trent Acid

A good quality match, arguably Abyss' best in TNA. Acid surprised a few by more than holding his own for a long period of the match as he stepped up to the huge challenge of the monster. Another surprise about the match was neither Vader nor Johnny Kashmere showed up to the match at any point. Abyss pulled off the victory, but Acid showed that he won't be a pushover come Slammiversary, that Abyss and Vader will have to work to win back the Tag Team Championship. The end came in 12:11 by pinfall with The Black Hole. C

Steve Corino attacks Ernest Miller backstage by throwing him into a wall. He then hits him in the back three times with a steel tube before leaving lying on the concrete. C-

Paul London is being attacked by Vader and Vampiro in the ring. Seeing the assault, Sid Vicious comes running in and fights them both off, saving London from a serious beating. D

Air Paris & CM Punk v Pride of Britain

A good match despite a rare poor showing from Doug Williams. The bout was intense with the recent attacks between the two pairings and the rivalry between Punk and Wolfe building up to Slammiversary. Punk has the momentum going forward as he claimed the duke here in 14:20 when CM Punk defeated Doug Williams by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. C-

Buff Bagwell is backstage showing Roger Bagwell how to counter a specific move... it's the abdominal stretch and Buff has his crotch firmly up against Roger's butt. Alex Wright walks in. He takes one look at the position they're in, and storms out, shocked and upset. D

Rick Steiner is seemingly oblivious to what has just transpired, he is backstage ranting about how once again he is caught up in the whole homosexual horrors and if he has to take them out one by one then that is what he will do, continuing with Alex Wright at Slammiversary. C

Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell (with Roger Bagwell) v 'Wildcat' Chris Harris (with Dawn Marie)

Disappointing for a main event, partly due to a lack of crowd heat as the action was reasonable enough. LAX's revenge appeared to start right here as Konnan's interference ended up deciding the match and led to the finale in 15:01 by pinfall with a Buff Blockbuster. D

Show rating: D+

Some of the angles helped to lift the show as a whole. The show can be considered a success and should increase TNA's popularity.

Attendance: 2000 (sellout)

TV rating: 0.54

Loss: $57,205

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xh9fTArvxxM/S_Diw_sfFwI/AAAAAAAAFfg/zE7CJvEMZIg/S1600-R/Slammiversary+2010.jpg

Sunday, week 3, June 2003

Kiefer Lakefront Arena, New Orleans, LA.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

CM Punk (champion) v Desmond Wolfe (D+)

SIX MAN TAG

America's Most Wanted v Latin American Exchange (D-)

Doug Williams v Frankie Kazarian v Shane Douglas v Super Crazy (E)

Ken Shamrock v Air Paris (D+)

Alex Wright v Rick Steiner (D+)

Mike Sanders, Necro Butcher & 'Dr Death' Steve Williams v Chris Candido, 'Alpha Male' Monty Brown & Ultimo Dragon (E)

Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell v Sid Vicious (C-)

Spanish Announce Team v Jody Fleisch & Harry Smith (E)

Paul London v Vampiro (E+)

Devon Storm v Ken Anderson (E+)

PLUS SPECIAL GUESTS

Florence and the Machine

Dizzee Rascal

PREDICTION PRIZE

Create a character. Can be anybody you like as long as he or she is not a duplicate of somebody in the game. He or she will then join TNA.

News

Steve Corino has signed for a further three months.

Rocco Rock has retired.

Devon Storm beat Frankie Kazarian for the UPW Championship.

Tammy Sytch nearly died from a drug overdose.

Don't know which logo to use for this one...

WWE held King of the Ring... at the Bad Blood pay per view. The event was held at Sportaréna, Budapest Hungary and drew a 29,284 crowd and 4.38 buy rate.

QUARTER FINALS

Farooq beat D'Lo Brown (D+)

William Regal beat Matt Hardy ©

Scotty 2 Hotty beat Mr Perfect (C-)

Chuck beat Big Boss Man (D-)

SEMI FINALS

Farooq beat William Regal (C+)

Scotty 2 Hotty beat Chuck (C+)

FINAL

Scotty 2 Hotty beat Farooq (C-)

Show rating: C-

Jarrett's had some good title defences and i'm I think I win for Dragon would really help create a new, young big star in the company.

What an unstoppable tag team!

Well I've predicted two title changes already and I don't feel comfortable going for the whole haul.

I'm quite the Corino fan.

SIX MAN TAG

When I briefly watched TNA around 2004/5 AMW were so impressive. I really, really liked them as a team. Great chemistry there.

Mike Sanders, Necro Butcher & 'Dr Death' Steve Williams v Chris Candido, 'Alpha Male' Monty Brown & Ultimo Dragon (E)

Now do you doubt the power of the Necro Butcher? The guy helped put up a D+ (granted it probably had nothing to do with him)!

I think Vader will get his belt back.

You really do not seem so high on the Cat.

SIX MAN TAG

Yes both Doug and Frankie have way more upside. But Shane is very craftly.

Impact Preview

One day away from TNA's big first birthday celebration. Big matches and live performers have been announced. Tonight's Impact will see the action hot up ready for TNA's biggest and greatest night so far tomorrow. You can be sure that TNA's top guys are looking to move into position to have one over their rivals ahead of tomorrow.

Catch the action on Sci Fi and the big pay per view tomorrow night on UrbanXtra.

MATCHES

CM Punk v Ken Shamrock (non title)

Jeff Jarrett & Mike Sanders v Dragons v Sid Vicious & Rick Steiner v Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell & Alex Wright

Trent Acid v Vader

Full Blooded Italians v Pride of Britain

Abyss v Johnny Kashmere

CM Punk v Ken Shamrock (non title)

Jeff Jarrett & Mike Sanders v Dragons v Sid Vicious & Rick Steiner v Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell & Alex Wright

Trent Acid v Vader

Full Blooded Italians v Pride of Britain

Abyss v Johnny Kashmere

Archived