TNA's New Beginnings II

MATCHES

TNA TV TITLE - Doug Williams (champion) v Rocky Romero

TNA NATIONS CUP QUARTER FINAL MATCH 5 - Japan (Keiji Sakoda, Masato Tanaka & Satoshi Kojima) v Canada (Chris Divine, Quiet Storm & TJ Wilson) - series tied 2-2, deciding match

TNA NATIONS CUP QUARTER FINAL MATCH 4 - USA I ('Wildcat' Chris Harris) v USA II (Mike Sanders) - USA I lead 2-1

CM Punk v Jose Maximo

THE FINAL SHOWDOWN - Mr Wrestling IV v Vampiro

THE BIG PREDICTION PRIZE

Remember, all shows count up to and including Bound for Glory. The prize is you can name the next champion for all four title belts, realistic choices only.

(Holy crap at the prize :eek:)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TNA NATIONS CUP QUARTER FINAL MATCH 5 - Japan (Keiji Sakoda, Masato Tanaka & Satoshi Kojima) v Canada (Chris Divine, Quiet Storm & TJ Wilson) - series tied 2-2, deciding match

TNA NATIONS CUP QUARTER FINAL MATCH 4 - USA I ('Wildcat' Chris Harris) v USA II (Mike Sanders) - USA I lead 2-1

CM Punk v Jose Maximo

I. Need. To. Win.

CM Punk v Jose Maximo

Is it possible to bring Necro Butcher back and have him win all of the belts?:p

CM Punk v Jose Maximo

I like what you have done with Jose, but after losing the belt I think CM needs this win more.

MATCHES

CM Punk v Jose Maximo

more regulars and guys who can use the long term push

CM Punk v Jose Maximo

he's your creation, and done quite well since his debut. Should be his big signature win

Mr Wrestling IV isn't my creation, somebody created him in here as a prediction prize. Wasn't it you Olympia?

true - only meant that he was created with the diary. The readers seem to respond to him favorably much like other creations such as AK-47,

<p>PRE SHOW</p><p>

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rey Bucanero defeated Tracy Smothers in 8:01 by pinfall with a Michinoku Driver. The two showed great chemistry. <strong>D+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Impact</strong></p><p>

Saturday, week 2, September 2004</p><p>

Budweiser Events Center, Loveland, CO.</p><p>

<span>http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkYDE9jVBBMmylr9gElr4TROaeGDlGpbyo1b4UnDEeLLPigffP</span></p><p>

Live on Spike TV</p><p> </p><p>

Harley Race is throwing a dark ceremony in the ring where he crowns Abyss as TNA's first monstrous World Champion. Abyss is revelling in the darkness of it all and becoming the World Champion. <strong>C</strong></p><p>

As proceedings draw to a close, out walk Dusty Rhodes with the former champion CM Punk by his side. Dusty congratulates Abyss on his victory, which draws a stare from Punk but tells Abyss and Race that at Bound for Glory III, CM Punk is using the standard rematch clause to get his return match. Harley Race doesn't seem to happy at this but Abyss is, as he says he gets to beat up Punk for one last time. Dusty says he has a contract right here for the champion and challenger to sign. Dusty hands first Punk and then Abyss the clipboard. Both sign but the Abyss cracks Punk over the head with the clipboard, cutting Punk open and break the clipboard in two. Race is laughing as Abyss stands tall over Punk and Rhodes, who checks on the fallen challenger. <strong>C</strong></p><p> </p><p>

A deciding match between Desmond Wolfe and EZ Money is announced. <strong>D-</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TNA NATIONS CUP QUARTER FINAL MATCH 5</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><span>http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8je5XjNxCjR5C_QWZj_5PVcCyFSY5izdx8NPhM-DtYyNHEYoB</span><strong> 2</strong></p><p><strong>

v</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><span>http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUwL-nPZjFvfak87Rriipx23bNIRHkpiBJODtXsRImJsSbIxmoNg</span><strong> 2</strong></p><p><strong>

Keiji Sakoda, Masato Tanaka & Satoshi Kojima v Divine Storm & TJ Wilson</strong></p><p>

Unlike the previous deciding quarter final matches, this one turned out to be a fairly one sided match as Canada, as try as they might could not match a Japan team that were simply far too good for them on this particular night with Kojima in particular standing out and he has been the revelation of the Nations Cup so far. Japan progressed to a semi final with either USA I or USA II in 5:41 when Satoshi Kojima defeated Chris Divine by pinfall with a Lariat. <strong>D+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell is in the locker room with 'Alpha Male' Monty Brown. Buff talks to Monty about how much he is enjoying being the partner of "his big black love muscle". Monty tells Buff that he is here for wrestling and not any of Buff's weird stuff. Monty says he wants them to focus on becoming the top tag team in TNA. Buff replies Monty is his top man. The camera pans out and Buff has a stonking big erection which Monty doesn't notice. <strong>B-</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Ken Shamrock cuts a promo where he says he wants to become the king of old school wrestling. He says that he has already defeated Steve Corino and his next target will be by taking on and beating Jerry Lynn at Bound for Glory III... if Lynn is man enough to accept the challenge. <strong>C</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mr Wrestling IV v Vampiro</strong></p><p>

In a match billed as their final showdown, the masked IV and the dark Vampiro produced probably their best encounter of their long running feud. Even though he was visibly tiring by the end of the match, IV vanquished his rival in 12:46 by pinfall with a Sudan Elbow Drop. With IV having all the momentum coming out of this, one wonders where Vampiro will be able to go from here. <strong>C</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Mike Tenay and Potter put over that Ultimate X will be returning at Bound for Glory III where 'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels will be defending his X Division Championship belt against not just one but five challengers. Potter announces that the first challenger to be in the match is The Amazing Red. <strong>D</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Sid Vicious vents a lot of anger towards Sean Waltman and Teddy Hart for the fast one they pulled at No Surrender. He says he doesn't care if he has to face them alone, he wants to rip their heads off. <strong>D</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TNA NATIONS CUP QUARTER FINAL MATCH 4</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><span>http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm6E7KXHDFrNg9KVTh5-_PJ0Hk9r6QP194ApzOaiNE5KfrQCpkXw</span><strong> USA I 2</strong></p><p><strong>

v</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><span>http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm6E7KXHDFrNg9KVTh5-_PJ0Hk9r6QP194ApzOaiNE5KfrQCpkXw</span><strong> USA II 1</strong></p><p><strong>

'Wildcat' Chris Harris v Mike Sanders</strong></p><p>

A match where the focus and control of Harris was a fine example to all students of the game as he systematically took Sanders apart. Seeing his Fringe and USA II team mate was in serious jeopardy and USA II's elimination was firmly on the cards, Kid Kash made an appearance and distracted Harris. This distraction was all Sanders needed and he capitalised to level the series in 13:40 with a 3.0 <strong>C</strong></p><p> </p><p>

A music video is played showcasing the talents of AJ Styles. <strong>C-</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Jerry Lynn comes to the ring and talks about how Ken Shamrock claims to be the king of old school wrestling. Lynn says he is not concerned about that but he does like to test himself so he accepts Shamrock's challenge for Bound for Glory III. Shamrock briefly appears on the stage and slowly claps Lynn's decision, before making a snapping motion with his hands. <strong>C</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkjMbl6XFRWUAJqssaG5isR9jq-bTbQmiPXsRp5p41WwMrVs3t</span></p><p>

<strong>TNA TV TITLE</strong></p><p><strong>

Doug Williams (champion) v Rocky Romero (with Francine)</strong></p><p>

A good TV Title match saw Romero getting some support from the locals while Williams played and was put over on commentary as the face. The match was a conflict of styles with Rocky on top when the pace was fast but when Williams was able to slow things down, he out wrestled Romero. The wrestler beat the speed demon in 9:21 by pinfall with a Chaos Theory. Doug Williams makes defence number 2 of his TNA TV title. <strong>C</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Ernest Miller and Shane Douglas are backstage saying how they are the greatest ever TNA Tag Team Champions and that there are no teams left in TNA for them to beat. Dusty Rhodes appears and says he can't help but wonder about that last comment, remarking that he can think of somebody they have not beaten yet. Miller and Douglas look both puzzled and riled before Rhodes says that the team of Buff Bagwell and Monty Brown will get a title match at Bound for Glory III. Miller and Douglas are pissed off at this. <strong>C</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Jeff Jarrett appears on commentary for the main event. He avoids Mike Tenay and Potter's questions about what he knows or otherwise of Sean Waltman and Teddy Hart appearing in TNA while under a WWE contract, but on the subject of CM Punk he is only to happy to talk, laying into the former champion, insult him and saying he was right that wrestling is a business and Punk's ideals of no drugs, no drink and athleticism is best does not apply on their own in wrestling. "Names make money and money make names." <strong>C</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>CM Punk v Jose Maximo</strong></p><p>

A very good main event and while Jarrett continues to berate Punk on commentary, Punk is busy taking care of things in the ring. Maximo looked good and despite not having featured much of late, shows he is still more than capable. Punk though, despite losing the title six days away shows his class and walks out victorious in 16:56 by pinfall with a Pepsi Plunge. <strong>C+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Show rating: C</strong></p><p>

The show can be considered a success and should increase TNA's popularity.</p><p>

A number of angles did not reach the standard of the in ring action.</p><p>

Attendance: 3223</p><p>

TV rating: 0.75</p><p>

Loss: $52,021</p>

<p><span>http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXQqM0NsxAeE5FxvD_pYTob9nMfLhc2RHh2Rqu7GwzdHX_Vq__</span></p><p>

Sunday, week 3, October 2004</p><p>

Current card</p><p> </p><p>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="<a href="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SaeLKhRnkhQ" rel="external nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/embed/SaeLKhRnkhQ"</a> frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p><p> </p><p>

NWA TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP</p><p>

Abyss (champion) v CM Punk (C heat)</p><p> </p><p>

NWA TNA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP</p><p>

Ernest Miller & Shane Douglas (champions) v 'Alpha Male' Monty Brown & Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell (D)</p><p> </p><p>

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP</p><p>

ULTIMATE X</p><p>

'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels (champion) v The Amazing Red v ??? v ??? v ??? v ??? (D-)</p><p> </p><p>

Sid Vicious v Sean Waltman & Teddy Hart (D)</p><p> </p><p>

Jerry Lynn v Ken Shamrock ©</p><p> </p><p>

More matches to be announced.</p><p> </p><p>

PREDICTION PRIZE</p><p>

This is the final event in the series up to Bound for Glory III. The prize for the winner is to choose the next champion for all four title belts (realistic choices only and I decide when the title changes occur).</p>

<p><strong>News</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Yuji Nagata has beat Masahiro Chono for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. Chono managed 15 successful defences.</p><p> </p><p>

Rick Steiner has been released from his TNA contract. TNA wish him all the best with his future endeavours.</p><p> </p><p>

Chris Divine has signed for a further six months. Doug Williams and Steve Corino have both signed for a further three months.</p><p> </p><p>

AJ Styles beat The Amazing Red for the UPW Heavyweight Championship. Red made 6 successful defences.</p><p> </p><p>

BJ Whitmer beat Jorge Estrada for the JAPW New Jersey State Championship. Estrada managed 11 successful defences.</p>

News

Yuji Nagata has beat Masahiro Chono for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. Chono managed 15 successful defences.

Rick Steiner has been released from his TNA contract. TNA wish him all the best with his future endeavours.

Chris Divine has signed for a further six months. Doug Williams and Steve Corino have both signed for a further three months.

AJ Styles beat The Amazing Red for the UPW Heavyweight Championship. Red made 6 successful defences.

BJ Whitmer beat Jorge Estrada for the JAPW New Jersey State Championship. Estrada managed 11 successful defences.

REd lost a title? Oh no. Well, it looks like I'm ahead boys. I wont expect that to change and you shouldn't either.

Impact preview

CM Punk has a lot on his plate. Jeff Jarrett has seemingly made him a target if his comments while doing guest commentary on last week's main event are anything to go by. He has a rematch in a few weeks with World Champion Abyss, the one man who has largely dominated Punk in TNA and he also can't help but notice that while his vision of a TNA New Dawn is waning, a possible invasion appears to be gaining momentum as Sean Waltman and Teddy Hart are causing Sid Vicious huge problems. Times are tough for the straight edge star, where will he put most of his focus?

Somebody else back on the rise in TNA is Ken Shamrock. He is now proclaiming himself as the king of old school wrestling, and victory over Steve Corino has suggested he may have a point. He has Jerry Lynn at Bound for Glory III, but apparently he's after more than that.

Finally, the tag team division is about to turn on it's head.

Watch Spike TV to catch the action on Saturday night.

MATCHES

Each correct prediction is worth one point in the Bound for Glory predictions

TNA TV TITLE - Doug Williams (champion) v Vampiro

TNA NATIONS CUP QUARTER FINAL MATCH 5 - USA I ('Cowboy' James Storm, Robert Roode & 'Wildcat' Chris Harris) v USA II (Austin Aries, Kid Kash & Mike Sanders) - Series tied 2-2, deciding match

Jerry Lynn v Ken Shamrock

EIGHT MAN TAG - WINNER WINS SPOT IN ULTIMATE X - IF CHRISTOPHER DANIELS OR AMAZING RED WIN, ONE SPOT IS LOST MAKING IT A FIVE WAY - CM Punk's New Dawn (Caprice Coleman, Jimmy Rave, Evan Karagias & The Amazing Red v 'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels (X Division Champion), Air Paris, Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero

Double X v The Young Bucks

Bonus point: Name the wrestler who scores the fall in the X Division eight man tag.*

CURRENT BOUND FOR GLORY PREDICTION STANDINGS

1. Kijar 5

1. The Final Countdown 5

3. BHK 4

3. Jay R 4

3. Michgcs 4

6. Olympia 3

The results will likely to be written up on Wednesday evening/night BST.

*As long as Jonny Cosmic makes a choice as I had forgotten to include this before he posted.

Each correct prediction is worth one point in the Bound for Glory predictions:

I've come into this predictions thing late, but here goes.

TNA NATIONS CUP QUARTER FINAL MATCH 5 - USA I ('Cowboy' James Storm, Robert Roode & 'Wildcat' Chris Harris) v USA II (Austin Aries, Kid Kash & Mike Sanders) - Series tied 2-2, deciding match

EIGHT MAN TAG - WINNER WINS SPOT IN ULTIMATE X - IF CHRISTOPHER DANIELS OR AMAZING RED, ONE SPOT IS LOST MAKING IT A FIVE WAY - CM Punk's New Dawn (Caprice Coleman, Jimmy Rave, Evan Karagias & The Amazing Red v 'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels (X Division Champion), Air Paris, Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero

Vampiro's been in a few high profile matches and the TV title would look good around his waist

upset alert - Fringe has been on the rise and this big win could cement them toward bigger and better things - Sure AMW doesn't mind too much as they are more interested in titles

Jerry Lynn v Ken ShamrockEIGHT MAN TAG - WINNER WINS SPOT IN ULTIMATE X - IF CHRISTOPHER DANIELS OR AMAZING RED, ONE SPOT IS LOST MAKING IT A FIVE WAY - CM Punk's New Dawn (Caprice Coleman, Jimmy Rave, Evan Karagias & The Amazing Red v 'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels (X Division Champion), Air Paris, Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero

I've come into this predictions thing late, but here goes.

You've only missed one Impact. With five more Impact shows, Explosion with double points and then Bound for Glory worth triple points, you still have plenty of chance to catch up.

I meant to include a bonus point. Name the wrestler who scores the victory in the eight man X Division match. Olympia has done this by highlighting Air Paris. If Jonny Cosmic wants to choose who he thinks will score the fall, then the bonus point can come into play. If not, it would be unfair on Jonny if somebody else is correct when he didn't get the choice.

Apologies for that. Anybody else who doesn't select one will miss the chance.

EIGHT MAN TAG - WINNER WINS SPOT IN ULTIMATE X - IF CHRISTOPHER DANIELS OR AMAZING RED, ONE SPOT IS LOST MAKING IT A FIVE WAY - CM Punk's New Dawn (Caprice Coleman, Jimmy Rave, Evan Karagias & The Amazing Red v 'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels (X Division Champion), Air Paris, Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero

MATCHES

Each correct prediction is worth one point in the Bound for Glory predictions

EIGHT MAN TAG - WINNER WINS SPOT IN ULTIMATE X - IF CHRISTOPHER DANIELS OR AMAZING RED WIN, ONE SPOT IS LOST MAKING IT A FIVE WAY - CM Punk's New Dawn (Caprice Coleman, Jimmy Rave, Evan Karagias & The Amazing Red v 'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels (X Division Champion), Air Paris, Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero

Bonus point: Name the wrestler who scores the fall in the X Division eight man tag.* Air Paris?

Bonus point: Name the wrestler who scores the fall in the X Division eight man tag: Air Paris

Bonus point: Name the wrestler who scores the fall in the X Division eight man tag: Red

Bonus : Amazing Red

Archived