derek b - usa - OTT! AUTOSKIP

aznblusuazn - usa - CNWF AUTOSKIP

Kainlock - canada - WCW AUTOSKIP

lprock - europe - SGW - SKIPPED

Dross - canada - RCPW AUTOSKIP

Huntman - japan - JPEW AUTOSKIP due to missed picks

CJAlex - austrailia - AUW - SKIPPED

bak42 - austrailia - FTW - on the clock until 21:54 EDT/1:54 GMT

Everything is put in except for the above skipped picks ( STILL LOOKING TO PICK UP AN EXTRA PICK OR TWO ;);):D). I will give saturday for people to make up skipped picks before the 1 week trade/promotion info deadline starts. So in other words 1 week from Sunday is the last chance you have to PM any information about your company. This includes Name/Gimmick changes, Tag Teams, Stables, wrestler/manager situations, for those that have not any last minute product changes, promotion bio.

May I Please have some unused picks? :)

Side Note:

Just a thought, but we could distribute all of the Kenywe's unused picks and then make all of his current workers Free Agents (barring the ones currently on written deals from being drafted with the extra picks). This would allow for a more complete data set as most promotions would be closer to being filled, and it would also create for a decent starting free agent crop. :D

Side Note:

Just a thought, but we could distribute all of the Kenywe's unused picks and then make all of his current workers Free Agents (barring the ones currently on written deals from being drafted with the extra picks). This would allow for a more complete data set as most promotions would be closer to being filled, and it would also create for a decent starting free agent crop. :D

Seconding this idea, if only to see the bidding war start up over a certain worker...

Side Note:

Bolded relevant part, though. Cornell starting the data as a FA would be unique to say the least. :)

Then what do you propose Orange? :)

I propose that we tie him to a promotion none of us are involved in, maybe one that opens in Febuary before anyone can sign him exclusively. It could be local/small and made to hire just young people (thankyou hiring rules), so as to create talent, a MAW of circumstance if you will.

I propose that we tie him to a promotion none of us are involved in, maybe one that opens in Febuary before anyone can sign him exclusively. It could be local/small and made to hire just young people (thankyou hiring rules), so as to create talent, a MAW of circumstance if you will.

In which case he'll promptly be signed to PPA deals by the other two biggest promotions around. :rolleyes:

Side Note:

I think people should learn how to draft - no need to give people extra picks because they did a poor job of planning and didn't draft a complete roster. :p

WF#1 should simply go ahead and fill out TheKenwyne's remaining picks once everyone else has finished drafting. Either that or leave it as is (roster is half completed already) and allow the computer (or player if someone selects to play as the fed) to fill out the roster once a game starts. This has happened in previous drafts, so it really isn't that big of a deal.

less than 24 hours later i sent him a pm and he said he had changed his mind and didn't want to do it after all. As for the promotion I have a few ideas as to what can be done with it. Splitting up the picks between everyone probably won't happen though.

the bolded was my polite way of saying his skipped picks won't be distributed to other players.

as for the options for his fed:

1. leaving it as is

2. closing it down leaving his picks free agents.

3. I can fill out his roster with his remaining picks , using his product and owner roster guidelines.

I'll go with whatever majority rules on here.

the bolded was my polite way of saying his skipped picks won't be distributed to other players.

1. leaving it as is

3. I can fill out his roster with his remaining picks , using his product and owner roster guidelines.

I pick 3.

If you don't want to do it I will.

the bolded was my polite way of saying his skipped picks won't be distributed to other players...

(some other stuff)

I think if we leave it as it is, we could maybe downsize it and change the hiring rules like I suggested? Just a thought, I don't think it'll be fair to have an extra competitor that noone can really predict, who will try and hire at least the top ten hottest free agents in the USA right off the bat.

1. leaving it as is

I suggest you fill his roster with the worst of the dross available.

1. leaving it as is

I'd go with option 1 myself. He has the beginnings of a promotion there already and it can easily fill out a roster... maybe give it a Non-Aggression Pact/War with other UK/Europe promotions to punish it for not being completed and it should turn into a nice little promotion that lacks in the top talent it could have drafted. :)

Hmmm... I'd be in favor of breaking it up or else having someone else fill the roster. I'm opposed to leaving it as is, for the following reason:

I was always under the impression that the point of a draft was to create a promotion you wanted to play as/write about and have that promotion interact with other companies within the game world. With that said, for a myriad of different reasons (I'm one of the primary culprits) data is seldom playable without heavy A.I. intervention due to most people placing a myopic focus on drafting multiple written deals/trading away multiple picks to get up higher in the draft.

So some promotions don't really have enough workers... which is fine, but I think that having a 15-16 worker promotion takes things too far. :o

I actually agree with Kobe. Needing so many extra workers is gonna play mind(profanity) to the AI hiring. I am against breaking it up. If we move it down to regional, and (as Derek said) punish it Versailles style with a crap load of non-aggression pacts and/or some hiring rules. Forcing it to hire people under 23/24 may work, or forcing it to hire people with maximum C psychology, forcing them to be built up.

I actually agree with Kobe. Needing so many extra workers is gonna play mind(profanity) to the AI hiring. I am against breaking it up. If we move it down to regional, and (as Derek said) punish it Versailles style with a crap load of non-aggression pacts and/or some hiring rules. Forcing it to hire people under 23/24 may work, or forcing it to hire people with maximum C psychology, forcing them to be built up.

Don't hiring rules affect renewing contracts too? Seems a bit harsh to have a fed fire anybody who gets decent psychology.

The pickings are pretty slim as is. Especially if it's a popularity based fed. I'd rather have it filled by a human using the same rules the rest of us had than the AI not doing so.

Don't hiring rules affect renewing contracts too? Seems a bit harsh to have a fed fire anybody who gets decent psychology.

The pickings are pretty slim as is. Especially if it's a popularity based fed. I'd rather have it filled by a human using the same rules the rest of us had than the AI not doing so.

As said in the developers journal, hiring rules do not affect contract extensions. Much like two companies with non-agression pact can both continue to extend the contract of a wrestler that was with both companies when the data was started.

LAST UPDATE BEFORE THE FINAL RELEASE:

megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=URB6M4HU

Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/370387909/2010_Inaugural_Draft.rar.html

Also here is the list of skipped picks that are left

Huntman - Round 31 - 35

lprock - Round 33 & 35

bak42 - Round 35

As a reminder everything/anything you want to change (ie gimmicks, names, teams etc) must be pm'd to me by Sunday. After that sunday I will finish the data as soon as I can, Figure about a week but will probably be a lot sooner but just in case something comes up that's why I say about a week.

Archived