2010 Inaugural Draft Discussion thread

Please keep all general discussion of the draft in this thread.

As it stands now the projected start date will be end of February beginning of March, depending on how quickly the sign up phase goes.

Is anyone willing to create or help me create the bundles to be used in the draft?

All promotions will be starting at 70 popularity in home region, 50 popularity in the rest of the promotion's home country.

All Promotions will have a starting momentum of D.

Promotions will also start with 50 prestige and $1,000,000 in the bank.

35 Rounds, serpentine draft. Meaning the last person to pick in the first round will pick first in the second round.

Quote:

The rules:

1. Use http://www.random.org/sform.html to assign a random order for promotions picking.

2. Once a pick is made, the next person has 2 hours to make his selection. We will use time stamps on the posts.

3. Once the two hour time period elapses, and the next in line does not draft, then whoever is next in line can jump in and select. When you make your selection you are going to be required to copy and paste the draft board in your thread while making your post bold to stand out.

4. If someone is skipped for missing a selection, they can make their selection at anytime.

5. If you have been skipped three times then you will be automatically skipped for any future picks. Furthermore, I will begin looking for a replacement for you if this happens in order to ensure that the game keeps moving forward and the replacement does not lose out on potential picks.

6. If you submit a list to me or anyone else who is participating, ranking wrestlers, and you are not online to make your pick, I will take the first person from that list who has not been selected for your pick (Granted that I am online to do so). Others may be able to fill this role as needed.

7. The first 10 rounds of workers selected will be on a set to written contracts. The remaining picks will be available on non-exclusive PPA contracts, to other promotions to draft. Any promotion choosing to draft a worker to 2 PPA contracts will get that worker on an exclusive PPA deal, assuming that no-one else has drafted them yet. Drafting a worker to 3 PPA contracts with the same promotion will turn the contract into a written contract. If three different promotions select a worker then the worker can no longer be picked by any other promotions.

8. Staff will count as part of your 35 draft picks. It is not required that you draft any staff: referees, announcers, commentators and road agents, but is strongly recommended so that the game is playable right away.

9. In this draft you can pick workers from any area to join your promotion. Worker restrictions will be turned OFF.

10. The game year will begin in 2011. What this changes is that any person in the database that is set to debut in 2010 and any person listed as ' on hiatus ' will be available for draft selection.

11. All the contract information is being set to the following guidelines:

- Random Expiry date

- Alignment set to default, whatever the worker is better at.

- Gimmick set to databse default to match alignment.

- Gimmick rating of B

- Momentum set to random

And of course creative control is at your discretion.

12. You can select anyone you have drafted to be your owner/booker when the time comes, but a person can only own one promotion in the game and book one promotion in the game (1 of each). So if you haven't drafted your owner/booker to a written deal then when you draft them to a PPA deal you should probably announce that you are making them your owner/booker in order to avoid them being stolen from under you. First come, first served is the policy here.

13. All title will begin with a default prestige level appropriate to their level. Main event titles will be set to 75 prestige, all midcard titles will be set to 50 prestige and all low level titles will be set to 20 prestige. Floating Titles will be set to 60.

14. All events will be set to have a default event importance of "normal". All promotions are entitled to elevate the prestige of any 1 events by two levels (up to Highly Regarded) or any 2 events up by one level (up to Above Average).

15. Trades at this time are not suggested. It will be at the discretion of the individual drafter. To avoid clutter please keep all Trade discussions through pm. I would rather everyone wait until the draft is completed, where I would be willing to have a small window of trading available before the data is released. However if a trade is reached that involves draft picks; Both parties involved must pm me that the trade has been made within a reasonable amount of time! (i.e. Same 24-48 period)

16. Each region will have a limited amount of availability based on the default C-Verse, less some changes. For Example the U.S. has a starting number of 12 promotions. 2 of those are strictly geared towards Womens wrestling. So the draft number may be somewhere in the region of 7 promotions; 8 if someone is going to run a Womens promotion. This ensures that all regions are well represented in the draft. I will keep track in this post of the region availability. Each region will be labeled: Region/#/Drafters, when a region has reached its maximum it will be changed to Region/Maxed/Drafters.

17. As discussed in the draft thread of 2008, ONLY JAPANESE companies are allowed to have a touring schedule.

TV NETWORK AVAILABILITY: (red means its been used)

ACE, All Japan TV, America-Sports-1, Arcadia, Australia Channel 1, Australia Channel 2, Australia Channel 3, C.A.N.N., Canada On-Air, Canadian l-Broadcasting, Canal Dos, Canal Tres, Canal Uno, CBA, CBN, Continental Sports X1, East Coast Today, El Canal Del Hombre, El Canal Hombre Dos, Euro Cable Sports 1, Euro Cable Sports 4, European Network Ace, European Sports Network, GNN Total Sports, IC-TV, Japanese Sports Vision, Japanese Sports Vision 2, Japanese Sports Vision 3, J-Network East, J-Network East 2, J-Network East 3, La Red De La Lucha, Los Deporte Hoy, Maple Leaf Sports, National Pride TV, NCTV, Prime Japan TV, Q-TV, Sports America, The A.S.N., The Bloke Channel, The Pop! Network, TV Puerto Rico, TV-Mex, UK Broadcasting Digital, UK Broadcasting Prime, UK Broadcasting Secondary, USA Sports 1

PPV NETWORK AVAILABILITY: (red means its been used) (blue means its no longer available)

1-choice TV, America 1-select, American Option, Australia Options, Canada 1-Choice, Demand-TV Mexico, Emperor Choice, Euro Your Demand, HYBOSO, Jade 237, J-Remote 1, MySelect USA, North American Prime Select, Pay-Per-View Services, PPV Japan, PPV-4-U, Premier Pay AUS-TV, Premier Pay CAN-TV, Premier Pay EURO-TV, Premier Pay TV, Premier Pay UK-TV, Public Access Select, Rivera Pay Television, Seleccion Mexico, U-Demand, U-Demand Canada, UK-1, United Kingdom Choice, USA Free Choice, V-Corp

ALL PICKED OUT: (workers maxed or exclusive)

Steve Smith, Sadahuru Jimbo, Jase Cole, Blood Raven, Hugh De Aske, Christopher Lister, Harry Allen, Jerry Eisen, Richard Eisen, Louis Figo Manico, Isei Deushi, Nadia Snow, Clark Alexander, Talia Quinzel, Eric Tyler, Black Hat Baily, The Masked Mauler, Rick Sanders, Hot Stuff Marie, Mainstream Hernandez, kurt laramee, Shihei Nagano, Francis Long, Marv Statler, Yoshifusa Maeda, Maurice Jackson

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think with bundles maybe it should be slightly customisable.

Like let people choose from a list of things for the things they want in their bundle.

Like:

#1 Pick 1 of the following:

Medium injury

Medium Steroid Abuse

Medium Soft Drug abuse

Medium Personality Drop

#2 Pick 1 of the following...

In that way it'd save somebody the effort of putting loads together when lots of people could end up opting for the same one.

This was my idea on bundles.

* There are as many bundles as there are people who sign up for the draft.

* There is only one type of each bundle.

* They are all selected in one round, and in draft order.

* The person who draws the first pick decides if he wants the first round to be a pick round or the bundle round (with the unselected choice becoming the second round)

* Since the draft is in serpentine format, they are essentially deciding if they want the 1st worker pick in the draft and the last bundle, or the first bundle selection in the draft and the last worker pick of the 1st round for workers.

* Parts of bundles can be traded (along with levels of finance, your worker re-activation and event prestige)

* In the absence of mystery boxes, everyone can set up a PPV and TV deal, but this is done at the end of the draft in their own rounds. People can trade their spots or even their deals outright if someone wants two TV/PPV deals, which is important because TV networks can only accommodate so many wrestling shows so if you want to be able to get on a popular network an early pick is needed.

Anyway, here are some bundle ideas I have so far (that of course may need a bit more tweaking/balance).

Bundle 1:

New Blood:

+ Create an 1800 point worker/superstar (I've balanced this pretty effectively as far as stat distribution goes in multiple drafts, can send you the details).

+ Create one 1200 point worker

+ Development territory with 1 written contract for an owner (to be selected at any point after round 15)

- Lose 1 finance level

- Lose 11th, 12th and 13th picks

Bundle 2:

Ties that Bind:

+ Development territory

+ 1 Written for worker/owner (to be selected at any point after round 15)

+ 2 Developmental contracts for signing developmental workers (see above)

+ 1 Positive add relationship that binds said worker to your promotion in some way

+ 1 Promotional loyalty box

+ One ten year contract that you can assign to any worker on your roster

- 5 Popularity across all regions in your area

- Lose 11th, 12th and 13th picks

Bundle 3:

War Chest

- Must declare war on 2 promotions in your area (if applicable, but if not then promotions outside your area). You must declare war on one immediately after drafting this box, and one at a point of your choosing before the end of the draft.

+ One additional finance level

+ Plus 5 Popularity across your game area

+ Plus 2 Prestige across your area

+ You can "steal" a worker pick from one of the promotions you have declared war on that happens after round 12

Bundle 4:

National Superpower

+ Plus 2 finance levels

+ A starting momentum

+ Ability to sign written picks in PPA rounds (in exchange for giving up subsequent pick). I.E. In other words you can use your round 11 pick to sign a worker to a written deal that hasn't been selected yet, but in exchange you lose your round 12 pick. Or as another example you could use a round 20 to sign a worker to a written, but would lose your round 21 etc.

- Lose 9th, 10th and 15th pick

Bundle 5:

A Novel Story

+ You can write 6 narratives that effect your promotion or the ones exclusively in it. Three narratives will have an effect of 1, two narratives will have an effect of 2, and one narrative will have an effect of 3 (but this power of 3 narrative cannot be promotion related). That said, a narrative may not effect the same promotion or worker in the same way more than once (i.e narrative one cannot raise your promotions prestige, only for you to make narrative two do the same thing, and to elaborate further you cannot stack narratives on workers either - i.e. making one worker become more popular/sexy whatever over and over again with your narratives. You can, however, use multiple narratives on the same person - i.e. using one narrative to make worker A more popular, another to make them more attractive, another to more them more physically fit etc.) The narratives can have an effective date of your choosing

- Lose 9th and 10th picks

- You will have one random negative narrative that will have an effect of between 1 and 2 that will randomly afflict one of your workers. You will be responsible for making up the story behind said narrative

Bundle 6:

The Stuff of Legend

+ Plus 10 Prestige

+ Plus 50 Respect for owner (and a no effect narrative explaining the stat jump, to be placed at a date of your choosing)

+ Plus 50 Booking or Business skill for owner (see above about the narrative explanation)

- Lose one finance level

- Lose round 10 and 15 picks

Bundle 7:

Around the World

* Must be a touring promotion

+ Plus 8 PPA contracts alongside rounds 11-17, and an extra written alongside round 5 (i.e. when you select in round 11 you can immediately make an additional pick. Same thing for round, 12, 13, 14 etc.)

- 5 popularity across all of your area

Bundle 8:

Untapped potential

+ You may set any three workers that you own exclusively to have an excellent potential

+ You will have one narrative that you may use to set one worker on your roster to reach their potential with a strength of 5 (to take place at a time of your choosing). You will be responsible for writing a story for the narrative

- A random hatred relationship will be created between two of your workers. You can write a no effect narrative explaining this relationship/build stories into said workers bios explaining it if you like

Bundle 9:

Mr Popular

+ Starting Momentum of A*

+ Plus 12 popularity everywhere in your area

+ Plus 2 prestige

- Two random simmering tension relationships will be created on your roster. You can write no effect narratives/build stories into said workers bio explaining them if you want

Bundle 10:

Gazillionaire

+ Plus 4 finance levels

+ Your owner will receive a business skill of + 75 (with a no effect narrative/bios explaining this jump if you like)

Bundle 11:

A Chance Occurrence

* All of the items in these bundles will be placed in a random order, and you will be responsible for selecting five numbers between 1 and however many items there are in all of the bundles. The five items in the bundles you draw will become your "custom bundle". i.e you could end up with +4 finance, +2 prestige, + 3 excellent potential, + A starting momentum and - 5 starting popularity across your area. The 6 narratives positive in bundle 5 will not be included in this bundles random selection.

This was my idea on bundles.

* The person who draws the first pick decides if he wants the first round to be a pick round or the bundle round (with the unselected choice becoming the second round)

* Since the draft is in serpentine format, they are essentially deciding if they want the 1st worker pick in the draft and the last bundle, or the first bundle selection in the draft and the last worker pick of the 1st round for workers.

* Parts of bundles can be traded (along with levels of finance, your worker re-activation and event prestige)

* In the absence of mystery boxes, everyone can set up a PPV and TV deal, but this is done at the end of the draft in their own rounds. People can trade their spots or even their deals outright if someone wants two TV/PPV deals, which is important because TV networks can only accommodate so many wrestling shows so if you want to be able to get on a popular network an early pick is needed.

Anyway, here are some bundle ideas I have so far (that of course may need a bit more tweaking/balance).

Bundle 1:

Bundle 2:

Bundle 3:

Bundle 4: (I have 10 bundles I came up with so I'm typing these up but using this as a place holder)

Must tell the truth here, dislike the idea of creating any new workers, ecspecially as we already have an extra leap forward in time so that we can draft new workers.

And binding workers to promotions using relationships caused a lot of problems in the last draft, and it seems unfair ecspecially since you have 10 opportunites to get someone on an exclusive contract, but if you give them an emotional link they will never leave.

The War Bundle is the only one that's feasible, but I think personally that bundles should be for customising promotions only, not playing with the drafting, such as when you can "steal" a pick.

Must tell the truth here, dislike the idea of creating any new workers, ecspecially as we already have an extra leap forward in time so that we can draft new workers.

And binding workers to promotions using relationships caused a lot of problems in the last draft, and it seems unfair ecspecially since you have 10 opportunites to get someone on an exclusive contract, but if you give them an emotional link they will never leave.

The War Bundle is the only one that's feasible, but I think personally that bundles should be for customising promotions only, not playing with the drafting, such as when you can "steal" a pick.

Fair enough.

I've always found it fun to infuse an extra worker or 2 into any new data, and people always love that box in other drafts so that's why I included it in a bundle.

Regarding the stealing worker choice, as it's in such a late round it's really just designed to be a fun way to foster the war relationships being created. :) It's like "Oh! You took my round 12 pick so I really don't like you!" now. I made sure it really didn't alter anything because it was a low pick (but not low enough pick to not be kind of controversial from a story perspective).

Finally, the add relationships thing is just a fun part of drafting to me and as it only effects on relationship (two if you consider the promotional loyalty) it isn't really game altering/break, but replacing the relationships with contracts instead would be just as effective in maintaining the spirit of the bundle, I think. :)

Regarding this, there are only so many way to customize/individualize a promotion. There is popularity, prestige, finance levels and momentum. If the bundles are restricted to those things, everyone will end up with the same bundle and there's not really a point in having them at all. :o

My 2 cents. ^_^

Edit: Made a few changes to the bundles. Everyone else please comment so we can see if it's best to just scrap the idea/tone the bundles down/beef them up/add bundles/subtract bundles etc. etc. etc. ^_^

I don't think any of them as they presently are effect the integrity of the data, and in a way they kind of create a nice flavor to it that will make it it's own. :)

I also think it would be cool if we all came up with a story for why the promotions in the CVerse all collapsed and then created a narrative about it to occur the first day of the data. For immersion etc. :)

I still have a huge problem with adding new wrestlers and new relationships in the way you suggest.

Say there are 8 promotions in America, each can have three people bound to a promotion thanks to relationships which will keep them there permanently 9/10 times.

8x3=24

That's 24 workers who will NEVER leave, that could be the top 24 workers in America, unable to move promotions because they are best friends with the owner. Now add Mexico and Japan and Europe and Australia and Canada to that. That's a lot of people tied one promotion unless it goes bust.

With creating new workers, AJ Starlight should be reason enough for not having anyone in. Firstly it ruins said "immersion", secondly I ran a sim where AJ starlight was not attatched to your promotion by relationships. He screwed up the data like steak would ruin a PETA banquet. He was pawned out to more promotions than I've ever seen.

I think a lot of people just want a regular(ish) draft again, and more simplistic bundles without all the big features would really help to acheive that.

Furthering my idea, I actually want to make my promotion mid-regional level. If you had 5 things in a box for the last two you could either choose a positive effect, because you're competitive, or a negative effect, because you like challenges.:)

Plus there would be no need for the "draft a bundle first round'/second round" thing, because each person could just pick their bundle before the draft even started, and I dislike the idea of having to draft bundles, that could ruin somebody's creative vision.

I still have a huge problem with adding new wrestlers and new relationships in the way you suggest.

Say there are 8 promotions in America, each can have three people bound to a promotion thanks to relationships which will keep them there permanently 9/10 times.

8x3=24

That's 24 workers who will NEVER leave, that could be the top 24 workers in America, unable to move promotions because they are best friends with the owner. Now add Mexico and Japan and Europe and Australia and Canada to that. That's a lot of people tied one promotion unless it goes bust.

Please re-read my post with my proposed suggestions for the bundles. Only one person can select each bundle. So if that bundle was selected with say the 3rd pick then that would be it for that bundle (That also means that depending on how many people signed up for the draft more bundles might need to be created).

This was my idea on bundles (from post 1).

Secondly, I revised the bundles soon after posting them. The bundles box you're referring to only has one add relationships box, and one promotional loyalty box. That's a total of 2 new relationships added over the course of the entire draft (and only one with a worker, which may or may not have the properties you're talking about). Considering areas like Japan have relationships like loyalty built into the area for promotions, that's hardly game breaking.

With creating new workers, AJ Starlight should be reason enough for not having anyone in. Firstly it ruins said "immersion", secondly I ran a sim where AJ starlight was not attatched to your promotion by relationships. He screwed up the data like steak would ruin a PETA banquet. He was pawned out to more promotions than I've ever seen.

AJ Starlight was a bad idea, I admit. (Orange is referencing a character I created in the first draft I ever ran) ^_^

He used 2000 worker creation points, making him the 5th best worker in the game at 23 years old. I amended that to 1800 in future drafts, which is dramatic. As a point of reference, with 1800 points and the caps I suggested someone could create maybe the 20th best worker in the game. Considering that they would likely be getting the last pick in the 1st round if they also got this box, I think that's more than reasonable. :o

I think everyone agreed that draft had too many data breaking elements in it, and I incorporated all of that feedback into the way the bundles I suggested were done.

I think a lot of people just want a regular(ish) draft again, and more simplistic bundles without all the big features would really help to acheive that.

I'm not opposed to the idea of a "regular" draft, I just don't think any of the things I've included in the bundles are all that powerful. I think that if you re-read my proposal you'll see it's much different than what you think it is. ^_^

Furthermore, I think the changes you're proposing are actually just as invasive. Assuming a 15 personish draft, every person selecting 5 different worker or promotion related changes each=75 changes to the data. If your argument is that you don't want things to be edited, I disagree with your sentiment that your suggested changes effectively do a better job of addressing that. If you're proposing also using individual worker changes like injuries/drug abuse etc. described in your first post:

#1 Pick 1 of the following:

Medium injury

Medium Steroid Abuse

Medium Soft Drug abuse

Medium Personality Drop

#2 Pick 1 of the following...

...I would say that will have more more dramatic effect on the data than what I've suggested. What you're proposing is essentially mystery boxes that everyone is forced to draft and that everyone can see. :o

The majority of the things I'm proposing are promotion related (which you said you wanted to be the primary focus), as opposed to worker related (as your first post on bundles described), and are further accounted for in game through narratives, which I think is a cool incorporation of TEW's newest (and best feature imo) into the draft. :)

As for starting your promotion with less popularity etc. I don't think anyone would be against that at all. You don't need to draft a bundle for that. :)

If other people could chime in with feedback on the bundles idea (both Oranges and my own) I think that would be really helpful.

I'm liking the enthusiasm but what if ( and this would require input from everyone in the draft ) we all gave 6 items: 3 positives and 3 negatives then depending on the number of people, that's how many bundles there would be ( i.e. 24 drafters = 24 bundles). Each bundle would have 5 things 2 negative, 3 positive or 3 negative, 2 positive depending on which bundle you chose. Here are some of the positive negative ideas I had:

Time Warp (+) : Reset worker 10 years (Age and Physical Condition)

Time Warp (-) : Reset worker 10 years (skills and pop)

Loner (-) : Owner will be set to isolated when it comes to promotion pacts

Key Prospect (+) : Set one worker to Excellent potential

Bad Booking (-) : -10 popularity in you home Region

Lottery Winner: Increase to $5,000,000 starting funds

Or we could scrap the idea all together and use just the default data with no changes or options? Questions, Comments, Concerns?

Also wanted to let everyone know that data has been updated and includes everyone's promotion.

EDIT: I forgot to point out that the numbers used above are all arbitrary and used purely for example purposes.

There's a lot that needs changing about your boxes, aside from the things I said above (and I do admit that I misread your bit about one bundle per person but that is still a bad idea and I will explain why, but I did read through your bundles, I wouldn't critique something I haven't read:D) but I think a big problem with them is that because you have come up with them today, they are unbalanced. I think some of the bundles need to be tested in the data before use which the option of giving people similar options like in my first post will not need to be done so. With a draft you've got to make sure your data is playable without need to edit anything or test it too much, with so many bundles flying all over the place with such dramatic effects I think the data will be thrown out of wack, like your mod was with the touring promotions or when Derek had a little more prestige and owned everyone.

Plus, say I was #12 when it came to drafting bundles, I wanted as a result of my draft a company that was stable and didn't need high maintanence. But I may end up having to settle for a company that will have to be run on a shoestring budget just because of fate.

I do think that bundles should not bring major change, like any new workers or massive prestige boosts. There is a difference between not being able to use a worker for three months and not being able to hire any of your major targets because of personality. And I think that you underestimate the huge impact some of these things will have, in a situation where all the companies are cult a highly competitive situation like war will cause massive consequences. Working agreements will stop people getting a totally exclusive roster and affect the spread of overness between companies.

I think you should get someone like Derek to run over everything quickly and to make sure that the bundles won't end up with the game being thrown into flux.

I'm liking the enthusiasm but what if ( and this would require input from everyone in the draft ) we all gave 6 items: 3 positives and 3 negatives then depending on the number of people, that's how many bundles there would be ( i.e. 24 drafters = 24 bundles). Each bundle would have 5 things 2 negative, 3 positive or 3 negative, 2 positive depending on which bundle you chose. Here are some of the positive negative ideas I had:

Or we could scrap the idea all together and use just the default data with no changes or options? Questions, Comments, Concerns?

Also wanted to let everyone know that data has been updated and includes everyone's promotion.

With some tweaking to the ideas there, yes it is feasible. Lottery Winner will cause huge indifference, ecspecially since it could take a company over the written contract for cult limit.

The reason I had the idea of doing it my way was because people want certain things out of the draft, for some they want randomness, which could easily be simulated. But some just want a promotion where they know what they want and they want to get it.

I like the idea, wrestlingfan. If you re-read my proposal you'll see that this is very similar to what I'm proposing as well, actually. :) However, many people have expressed concern with the idea of adding things to the data that have changes that are too dramatic (which is Orange's primary concern with the idea of bundles, I think) That said, some of those ideas like the time warp are a little dramatic as far as altering workers in a way that doesn't make any sense, while most of the others are already represented in the bundles I posted. We need to have a bundle number that corresponds with that of the draftees though, so it's good that you've got more ideas because I'm drawing on empty. :o

The Masked Orange;823253]There's a lot that needs changing about your boxes, aside from the things I said above (and I do admit that I misread your bit about one bundle per person but that is still a bad idea and I will explain why, but I did read through your bundles, I wouldn't critique something I haven't read:D) but I think a big problem with them is that because you have come up with them today, they are unbalanced. I think some of the bundles need to be tested in the data before use which the option of giving people similar options like in my first post will not need to be done so. With a draft you've got to make sure your data is playable without need to edit anything or test it too much, with so many bundles flying all over the place with such dramatic effects I think the data will be thrown out of wack, like your mod was with the touring promotions or when Derek had a little more prestige and owned everyone.

Please post additional feedback. ^_^

I think everyone agreed over the last few drafts that with any future bundles/boxes we should post them before the draft so that the community had a chance to balance them. If you read over the bundles I've posted, you'll see that I've incorporated some of your feedback already. :) I'm not saying the bundles are perfect, which is why I posted them up so people could make changes/suggestions.

Plus, say I was #12 when it came to drafting bundles, I wanted as a result of my draft a company that was stable and didn't need high maintanence. But I may end up having to settle for a company that will have to be run on a shoestring budget just because of fate.

Well the idea is that if you drafted the number 1 worker in the draft you should be at a little but of a disadvantage when it comes to selecting bundles (for balance purposes). That said, I tried to create the bundles in a way that it doesn't force your hand with the way you draft picks over the course of the rest of the draft. In the example of finances, I think only one bundle has more than a 1 level drop, for instance. I'll have a look and make edits though.

I do think that bundles should not bring major change, like any new workers or massive prestige boosts. There is a difference between not being able to use a worker for three months and not being able to hire any of your major targets because of personality.

Huh??? I don't have any personality edits in the bundles, and only one bundle has the ability to create a relationship that could affect an interaction with a worker/promotions.

And I think that you underestimate the huge impact some of these things will have, in a situation where all the companies are cult a highly competitive situation like war will cause massive consequences. Working agreements will stop people getting a totally exclusive roster and affect the spread of overness between companies.

Well people can declare wars anyway. That's always been in every draft. I don't really get what you're saying you have a problem with, here. :o

I think you should get someone like Derek to run over everything quickly and to make sure that the bundles won't end up with the game being thrown into flux.

That's why I posted the bundles. ^_^

I wanted people to post feedback on them and attempt to balance them. So it would be really helpful if people posted ways to improve said bundles.

With some tweaking to the ideas there, yes it is feasible. Lottery Winner will cause huge indifference, ecspecially since it could take a company over the written contract for cult limit.

Orange, the idea of having bundles with positives and negatives is identical to the suggestion I'm making. The key difference is that instead of proposing that we have the same number of positives and negatives (more or less) across each bundle, I'm proposing that instead we balance the bundles so that the strength of an item determines what other corresponding positives and negatives come with it. :)

I've also attempted to theme the bundles so that people can draft them in accordance with a draft strategy, if that's what they want to do. :D

The reason I had the idea of doing it my way was because people want certain things out of the draft, for some they want randomness, which could easily be simulated. But some just want a promotion where they know what they want and they want to get it.

I think we could address the needs of a person who wanted to abstain from bundles/just draft by allowing them to draft a worker in place of a bundle in the given bundle round.

That said, I'll take responsibility for failing to clearly represent my ideas. There was clearly something lost in communication/translation here, and as you read my post and didn't understand I must have done a poor job of properly articulating my ideas. :o

wrestlingfan did a really good job of conveying his own ideas, however, which is awesome because I think we have a lot of common ground and you seem to share many of his ideas as well. ^_^

No problems/worries.

Orange, the idea of having bundles with positives and negatives is identical to the suggestion I'm making. The key difference is that instead of proposing that we have the same number of positives and negatives (more or less) across each bundle, I'm proposing that instead we balance the bundles so that the strength of an item determines what other corresponding positives and negatives come with it. :)

I've also attempted to theme the bundles so that people can draft them in accordance with a draft strategy, if that's what they want to do. :D

You responded to that as if I had said yours wasn't feasible. It is, it just needs balancing and serious thinking about.

Mr. Popular and Gaziliionaire seem to highly stacked to me.

I must say you edited many of your bundles as I was writing.:mad:

As long as it's all balanced, and as long as people have the ability to change their bundles if they end up with one they don't want, then I'm all for the idea.

lol I'm a compulsive editor. ^_^

How do you mean ability to change the bundles? If you mean swap a negative out for another negative I'm not sure I agree, but if you mean the ability to abstain from using the bundle I kind of like it. ^_^

Conversely, we could always have 5 or 6 more bundles than needed, which would allow even the last pick some autonomy in choosing their own destiny. :)

Y'know, I remember when this bundles thing was going to be simple. Y'know... like the opposite of making things complicated and inaccessible to people. :p

1. I'm hugely against adding workers to the data, especially if they are even mediocre.

2. The focus of this draft SHOULD be back on the actual drafting of talent. I'd rather have a draft with no bundles/boxes/shiny things than one with too many.

3. Bundles, if being used, should be relatively simple and freely chosen. Just a boost to a strategy rather than a complex strategy in their own right.

That about covers my thoughts. Kobe, as ever I love that you are trying to make things more interesting... but no everything needs to be so complicated. Drafts have always been popular, keeping them simple preserves that. Less mainstream sports entertainment flash, more traditional values. :)

lol I'm a compulsive editor. ^_^

How do you mean ability to change the bundles? If you mean swap a negative out for another negative I'm not sure I agree, but if you mean the ability to abstain from using the bundle I kind of like it. ^_^

Conversely, we could always have 5 or 6 more bundles than needed, which would allow even the last pick some autonomy in choosing their own destiny. :)

I meant swapping certain negatives, but abstaining or simply having empty bundles/extra bundles should do the trick.

Y'know, I remember when this bundles thing was going to be simple. Y'know... like the opposite of making things complicated and inaccessible to people. :p

1. I'm hugely against adding workers to the data, especially if they are even mediocre.

2. The focus of this draft SHOULD be back on the actual drafting of talent. I'd rather have a draft with no bundles/boxes/shiny things than one with too many.

3. Bundles, if being used, should be relatively simple and freely chosen. Just a boost to a strategy rather than a complex strategy in their own right.

That about covers my thoughts. Kobe, as ever I love that you are trying to make things more interesting... but no everything needs to be so complicated. Drafts have always been popular, keeping them simple preserves that. Less mainstream sports entertainment flash, more traditional values. :)

I still blame you for all this. :mad:

You responded to that as if I had said yours wasn't feasible. It is, it just needs balancing and serious thinking about.

Mr. Popular and Gaziliionaire seem to highly stacked to me.

I actually agree with you concerning Mr. Popular, but wasn't sure what I should tone down. Any suggestions? :)

As for Gazillionaire, money plays a rather limited role in a promotions ability to grow compared to popularity/prestige etc so I felt like it needed to be a lot of money to make it a worthwhile box. What do you think would be more appropriate?

I'm headed out, be back in an hour or so. ^_^

If we do decide to continue and include bundles, there would have to be checks and balances put in place. For example I think any worker negatives that are acquired will have to be restricted to workers on written deals only. That way you're negative doesn't become a negative for someone else as well, unless they try and steal that worker from you.

1. Okay. I don't have a lot of support behind this idea so if no one else like its we can go about scrapping this bundle.

2. Do you think that the bundles as currently presented take away from the ability to draft based on talent? If so, how? I really tried to preserve their balance within the game world, so if I didn't feedback would be appreciated. I made them a straight forward thing dealt with at the start of the draft with +'s -'s for both so I don't know how to make them simpler than being dealt with in one round and having clearly defined traits. ^_^

3. I hadn't really considered this as if each bundle exist in an infinite space (i.e everyone can choose it) then they need to be approached a little differently, probably. ^_^

If we do decide to continue and include bundles, there would have to be checks and balances put in place. For example I think any worker negatives that are acquired will have to be restricted to workers on written deals only. That way you're negative doesn't become a negative for someone else as well, unless they try and steal that worker from you.

Agreed. I accounted for exclusivity in the bundles I posted, I think. And I share your sentiment that any bundles eventually used should stick to that standard. :)

Really have to go now. :)

I think if we are looking for an end of month draft, bundle's will be too much effort to sort out. It would need testing to make sure nobody has an unfair advantage, it would be like making a mini-mod for a draft mod :confused:

I think mystery boxes, albeit on a much smaller scale than some of the previous incernations, would be the best option for extras. But they should be limited to small affects.

Archived