2010 Inaugural Draft Discussion thread

updated

drmacbeth - still waiting on your touring months to update data

waghlon - still awaiting promotion name

thekenwyne - I don't know if it was done intentionally or not but your promotion is starting off at regional. I think it has something to do with the importance of the home region you selected. I'm not sure on that as I am unfamiliar with the UK scene. You don't have to change it, if you don't want to but all other promotions are starting at cult, just a heads up.

Hey, I've changed it to North, hope that makes a difference.

Also, I'm probably being daft, but I can't find the data for this for the life of me. Can anyone give me a pointer?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, I've changed it to North, hope that makes a difference.

Also, I'm probably being daft, but I can't find the data for this for the life of me. Can anyone give me a pointer?

now i'm using the draft data posted in this thread by Alec Burkhardt and adding promotions in as they are posted and will be doing the same thing with contracts once the actual draft starts. The official ' Inaugural Draft Data ' won't be posted until the trade deadline has occurred and that won't happen until probably about a week after the draft has ended.

EDIT: Also that corrected the problem and your promotion is now at cult.

don't blame me, blame encarta dictionary!

BTW, Bond doesn't actually exist. ;)

I know what an oymoron is. ^_^

I was just confused because I think that what you were proposing is the antithesis of fair. :D

Balance is only created by everyone playing by the same rules. It's like in a fighting game: Sure, some characters are stronger than others (i.e. product/promotion types in this case), but as long as everyone has access to the same characters (in TEW terms the ability to create whatever type of promotion/draft whoever they want) then balance is obtained. :)

If someone wants to draft an all women's promotion, they are starting for a deficit they created for themselves. Same as someone drafting in Australia, Europe or creating an unfriendly product type.

I know what an oymoron is. ^_^

I was just confused because I think that what you were proposing is the antithesis of fair. :D

Balance is only created by everyone playing by the same rules. It's like in a fighting game: Sure, some characters are stronger than others (i.e. product/promotion types in this case), but as long as everyone has access to the same characters (in TEW terms the ability to create whatever type of promotion/draft whoever they want) then balance is obtained. :)

If someone wants to draft an all women's promotion, they are starting for a deficit they created for themselves. Same as someone drafting in Australia, Europe or creating an unfriendly product type.

You haven't mentioned Integrated promotions, but since you are one I can guess where your allegiances lie.

There have been some of you who have expressed an interest in starting off at regional rather than cult. If you really want to this send me a pm and your popularity will be reduced to 30/50 instead of the 50/70 everyone else will be getting. Popularity will be the only number that gets changed, prestige and bank roll will remain the same.

I think the idea of disallowing integrated promotions - which are in the game already - is silly.

People can still just set their women's roster to division and draft women, so preventing them from getting an optimal push makes no sense.

As for the idea of disallowing non-women's promotions from drafting women at all in the 1st ten rounds of the draft, I have to point out that as of now apart from Jennie Bomb no one else is even drafting an all women's promotion. Putting a rule in place that blocks people not drafting a women's promotion from drafting women in written rounds is a huge advantage for anyone that has a women's promotion, as they are competing against a much smaller number of people for workers (in this case no one). A rule like that (barring people from drafting workers) has never been put in precisely because it's unfair. It would be the equivalent of disallowing all non-Australian and European feds from drafting Aussie/European workers (The same reasoning could be applied by an Australian/European promotion that they are at a disadvantage because of a smaller worker pool), which is ridiculous.

In the interest of fairness, just let people draft who they want. :)

My 2 cents. ^_^

You misrepresent me. I didn't say anything about stopping them drafting women in the top 10 rounds, I said prevent them from signing them to written contracts. But meh, "no integrated promotions" is a better solution. There's only one in the default data (who operate in an area that starts with no female workers...), and there are very, very few who operate that way in real life. For promotions operating with women's divisions, there's a strategic element involved that at least offers some degree of protection for the all women promotion in that while they'll still get the character exclusively, and capable of being used to get the rating, there'd be limitations of push that'd make them less attractive as drafting options early on.

Also, your comparison is entirely stupid. We're allowed to draft workers from any region to a promotion. For the Australasian or European promotions, there is no worker pool restriction because guys who normally wouldn't be available to work there are, and they have the skills to be able to get over, even if they're lower in popularity - and in any case, the Jack Bruces and Tommy Cornells of the world are among the most over workers in those regions anyway. That's a minor disadvantage that good booking can work around. For a women's promotion, Tommy Cornell is pretty much worthless unless you wan't a really expensive colour guy.

Also, while there's currently only one all-women's promotion, there are currently 4 integrated promotions and 2 with women's divisions, making 7 promotions for whom female wrestlers would be an option. There are all of twelve female wrestlers who'll be available to draft with a popularity of D- or higher in any region of the world - 7 of whom have that status in the US, where my all-female promotion is slated to be based (or 1 fewer than the number of US workers who start the default data with B+ or higher in the default data in the US). Coupled with the generally lower stats of female wrestlers, and the smaller pool that's being drawn from, I think there's an issue that needs to be addressed here - either the number of promotions these workers will be spread between needs to be made managable, or something needs to be done to ensure enough availability for a viable roster to be formed.

If it makes the Women in promotions debate any easier i'll change OWL from Integrated to no Women but to be honest i only wanted 2-3 women anyway (a couple of the tougher ones). I must admit i don't completely understand the argument but then i've never done a draft before so theres a few things i dont get yet but i'm a quick learner ;)

I don't mind de-Integrating my fed if it makes things better, either.

There does need to be a balance, though - while I take Jennie's point about there being few popular female workers in America, if we stop people who aren't running women's feds from drafting women to writtens (as I think was suggested at one point earlier), you're then giving a huge bonus to whoever is drafting a woman's fed - getting those 7 and three other women I can think of under written contracts would immediately let you produce incredible shows with a performance based product.

I'm generally of the opinion that people can draft whoever they want... if you can't use them, that's your problem. :p

I normally take drafts fairly seriously and try to "win" but this time I've already got plans to draft The Big Problem and The Minor Annoyance as one of my teams... and I've got plans for so many more, though will start off trying to get as many good people as I can still. :)

I think no-intergrated is best, for the reasons Jennie Bomb stated.

The math just won't add up. In the USA in the Cornellverse default, there is one American promotion that is all women, and one that has a womens division, atm we are above that. It is a huge disadvantage for womens only promotions, and gives intergrated promotions an edge over male only.

I'm generally of the opinion that people can draft whoever they want... if you can't use them, that's your problem. :p

I normally take drafts fairly seriously and try to "win" but this time I've already got plans to draft The Big Problem and The Minor Annoyance as one of my teams... and I've got plans for so many more, though will start off trying to get as many good people as I can still. :)

Your gonna hate my #3 draft, for my OWNER.

I didn't know I had suddenly become Mexican, or Spanish, but The Big Bad was destined to be the owner of a company based heavily on performance...

I don't care about The Big Bad, Herr Orangensaft... I just need The Big Problem and The Minor Annoyance. Together they will be awes...ful!! :D

You misrepresent me. I didn't say anything about stopping them drafting women in the top 10 rounds, I said prevent them from signing them to written contracts.

The first ten rounds are written contracts. How do you propose someone draft them to a PPA deal only to have you draft them to a written deal later?

But meh, "no integrated promotions" is a better solution.

No it isn't.

There's only one in the default data (who operate in an area that starts with no female workers...), and there are very, very few who operate that way in real life. For promotions operating with women's divisions, there's a strategic element involved that at least offers some degree of protection for the all women promotion in that while they'll still get the character exclusively, and capable of being used to get the rating, there

*snip

If you have a problem with competing for workers, you probably shouldn't be in a draft. I'm just saying... :o

Integrated promotions don't have an "advantage" over men's promotions - they can all draft the same workers, they just push them differently.

That said, it is much harder to draft a women's based promotion than a men's based promotion or integrated promotion, but the same thing could be said (regarding challenge) depending on the area or product type you draft. If you're playing to "win" then draft a roster/product that gives you the best chance of that. But don't complain about not being able to draft the best promotion when you select a product type that inherently makes that difficult/impossible.

I'm sorry, but as a person who spends a lot of time with competitive gaming and has a business background, cries of cheating/unfairness when there is none is just the worst type of things to me. -_-

I think no-intergrated is best, for the reasons Jennie Bomb stated.

The math just won't add up. In the USA in the Cornellverse default, there is one American promotion that is all women, and one that has a womens division, atm we are above that. It is a huge disadvantage for womens only promotions, and gives intergrated promotions an edge over male only.

Which USA based all women promotion are you forgetting about, AAA or BSC?

Archived