Official NFL Discussion Thread

Stennick

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do people think Kevin Kolb is worth a 1st round pick?

Honestly, I can but I can't answer that. I think because he still young, when he filled in before this year he looked great, but when he played this year he wasn't great. I like Kolb but would I use a 1 round pick on him. After thinking about it. No, I wouldn't. He a 2round pick easy but not a first

Honestly, I can but I can't answer that. I think because he still young, when he filled in before this year he looked great, but when he played this year he wasn't great. I like Kolb but would I use a 1 round pick on him. After thinking about it. No, I wouldn't. He a 2round pick easy but not a first

I could see a second, he worked with Reid who does well with QB's, but a first for a guy drafted in the second (high second) who hasn't shown the ability to keep a starting job and remain healthy.

The fact that he has shown flashes of being a great QB. Is he worth a 1st round pick? No. Will someone offer Philly a #1? Probably, just on the chance that he turns out like Schaub did when he went to Houston.

but what type of first are we talking about then. Early like Bills, Arizona, Vikings, Mid like who ever needs a QB, or late for again whoever needs a QB?

but what type of first are we talking about then. Early like Bills, Arizona, Vikings, Mid like who ever needs a QB, or late for again whoever needs a QB?

That's the thing, right now (I believe) teams cannot move players so any trade for Kolb will come after the draft which would make it a future #1 so Philly could end up with a high pick next year. Then again, you could see a situation where Minnesota (for example) selects a player with the intent of trading him to Philly post draft for Kolb.

That's the thing, right now (I believe) teams cannot move players so any trade for Kolb will come after the draft which would make it a future #1 so Philly could end up with a high pick next year. Then again, you could see a situation where Minnesota (for example) selects a player with the intent of trading him to Philly post draft for Kolb.

The next season has started, the NFL told teams to not make moves which involve players.

I think sitting is best. I think that is a reason John Fox named Orton the starter in Denver. To see Tebow's fire and if he has what it takes to take away the spot from Orton. Also if Tebow does push Orton and Orton does keep it this year then Tebow can learn this year Fox's offense come in for mop up duty and show you what he's got.

will the 2009 draft go down as the best draft of WR's?

Julian Edelman, Sammie Stroughter, Jonny Knox, Austin Collie, Louis Murphy, Mike Thomas, Deon Butler, Heyward-Bay (if he can stay healthy and get a QB), Crabtree, Maclin, Harvin, Nicks, Britt, Robiskie, Massaquoi, Mike Wallace.

I know some of these names haven't proven much, but that is still a bunch of WR's who are contributing to their teams.

I hope the Bills don't take Von Miller. I will take anyone over him.

Even if he becomes a star, there will be a guy picked in the picks behind him who also becomes a star who would fit us better. I'm not saying Shawne Merriman is going to be anything, or that Aaron Maybin will be better then the nothing he has been so far but I'd give both of these guys a chance. If we are going to lose anyways, we might as well see what Maybin has.

A QB, or Defensiveline man would make me happy.

(I don't really want Gabbert though but I will take him, rather wait to 2nd round for Ponder.

I hope the Bills don't take Von Miller. I will take anyone over him.

Even if he becomes a star, there will be a guy picked in the picks behind him who also becomes a star who would fit us better. I'm not saying Shawne Merriman is going to be anything, or that Aaron Maybin will be better then the nothing he has been so far but I'd give both of these guys a chance. If we are going to lose anyways, we might as well see what Maybin has.

A QB, or Defensiveline man would make me happy.

(I don't really want Gabbert though but I will take him, rather wait to 2nd round for Ponder.

Maybin hasn't shown anything in his career he has numbers closer to Vernon Gholston then someone who has a sack. I don't even think he's started and he was supposed to be one of those players that could play DE in 4 down line man or OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

Von Miller would be a better fit for you of Peterson. Again though I am not a fan of Buffalo, but you are so for you go get Peterson or AJ Green. I think Ponder could be a good QB if given time to develop and him throwing to AJ Green could help that.

I will say people playing Madden are going to slobber all over the remote to play with the Panthers. I think the Panthers will have a package where you see Newton, Williams, and Stewart on the field at the same time that is an option type of package.

That wont be in the game this year but next year.

Also there seems to be a pattern that two good QB's go in a row then a bad one. I think Stafford outside of injuries has shown flashes. Will Newton follow that trend or will he buck it. Honestly listening to Gruden talk about what Newton needs to fix scares me. That's what 6-7-URFA need to work on most 1st round QB's have flaws but that was a lot he needs to work on in my opinion.

I want the Titant to take the TCU QB... I think that guy could be a good game manager and basically just hand it off to CJ while making a few decent passes.

Dalton is considered the most NFL ready OB. I think he could do well as a Kerry Collins type of player. He can win games for you, but really he is there to hand the ball to CJ (and hopefully another RB to help him). You have Britt and maybe you resign Moss (doubtful). You have a system that works for QB's like Dalton. Ponder would also do well in your system.

I will say people playing Madden are going to slobber all over the remote to play with the Panthers. I think the Panthers will have a package where you see Newton, Williams, and Stewart on the field at the same time that is an option type of package.

They're not going to be able to keep both backs.

Von Miller will be scary for the Broncos I believe. Him and Elvis will be scary even though they are 3-4 hybirds type I think at the 4-3 DE they will do well. Maybe they go after Kris Jenkins lol

We'll get 2-3 defensive tackles in the draft and sign a couple more once the league year starts. Also remember the Williams Wall breaks once a new CBA is signed (Pat becomes a UFA). Wouldn't be the first time an aging vet signed on to groom his replacement. Cullen Jenkins is out there too (and he can play the 3 and the 5).

They're not going to be able to keep both backs.

We'll get 2-3 defensive tackles in the draft and sign a couple more once the league year starts. Also remember the Williams Wall breaks once a new CBA is signed (Pat becomes a UFA). Wouldn't be the first time an aging vet signed on to groom his replacement. Cullen Jenkins is out there too (and he can play the 3 and the 5).

For Carolina they could keep both, not for long but at least for this season. Williams has only played 5 seasons and the way the CBA talks have gone that would mean Williams is a RFA until a new CBA comes out. So they might only be teammates for a year or two (depending if the NFL Owners get their 2 franchise tags per team).

I doubt you guys draft 3 DT. I could see 2 and then 2 vets that come in until the rookies are available.

I could see 3 DLs being taken. Maybe not full-on DTs but guys who can play the 3 & 5 to give the team an actual rotation.

I think that price the Falcons paid was awful steep. True, with no CBA, next year's picks have less value than they would otherwise, but two firsts, a second, and two fourths is a whole lot to give up for a receiver, I think. He's got to put up Calvin Johnson type numbers right out of the gate to justify that. The Falcons aren't just one receiver away from winning the Super Bowl, after all.

I could see 3 DLs being taken. Maybe not full-on DTs but guys who can play the 3 & 5 to give the team an actual rotation.

I think that price the Falcons paid was awful steep. True, with no CBA, next year's picks have less value than they would otherwise, but two firsts, a second, and two fourths is a whole lot to give up for a receiver, I think. He's got to put up Calvin Johnson type numbers right out of the gate to justify that. The Falcons aren't just one receiver away from winning the Super Bowl, after all.

I agree, I thought they were weak at D-Line and other parts of their Defense. If this would have been AJ Green I might have been more okay with the deal, but Julio is honestly another Randy Moss. I don't know if he will be what Moss was to teams when he was on his game, he has the physical tools, but he reminds me of Moss when it comes to "I'm not gonna block this play, it's not even coming my way. I am not going to go hard this play, it's not my play." He doesn't always go full throttle which is not what Mike Smith teaches.

Also I now don't think we see another WR go until late 2nd to 3rd, maybe longer. I just don't like any of the rest of them before that.

AND WOW Jake Locker. Listen Jake is one of my favorite QB's in this class and if he can get that accuracy under control he could be great for the Titians, but I didn't see him at 10. Does this mean Gabbert goes 12 to the Vikes!!