What game to do?

firstly let me bring you up to speed on the reason why im asking.

my laptop seemed to be having some problems that could not be resolved so i re-installed the whole OS.

it wouldnt load up so couldnt even recover the save game which means i need to start from scratch.

i was playing as NOTBPW and pretty much enjoying it but I dunno if I will feel the same so soon after losing about 6 months of the game.

so any reccomendations?

firstly let me bring you up to speed on the reason why im asking.

my laptop seemed to be having some problems that could not be resolved so i re-installed the whole OS.

it wouldnt load up so couldnt even recover the save game which means i need to start from scratch.

i was playing as NOTBPW and pretty much enjoying it but I dunno if I will feel the same so soon after losing about 6 months of the game.

so any reccomendations?

It has happened to me with previous editions of the game (losing a save game) or there have been instances where I would transfer savegames between a laptop and a pc and then I would accidentally copy over the wrong one... Depending on how much time I put in (once lost a 6+ year--2 cards a week--game)... Basically I am upset and stop playing for a little while. Then I get an "itch" to play it again.

Personally I enjoy the first few days of building my empire. :)

I would suggest taking a break to cool off about being upset and then come back with a determination to outdo your previous game.

I'm having a hard time picking a game as well. So far I've tried my favorite CZCW, I treid a 0/0/0/0 fed, I tired some Mexico OLLIE and I've tried a performance fed SWF. But nothing has caught my eye yet. I might try something in Japan tonight to see if that sticks, maybe 5SSW, but I'm still at a loss of what to do. So I feel your pain.

I'm having a hard time picking a game as well. So far I've tried my favorite CZCW, I treid a 0/0/0/0 fed, I tired some Mexico OLLIE and I've tried a performance fed SWF. But nothing has caught my eye yet. I might try something in Japan tonight to see if that sticks, maybe 5SSW, but I'm still at a loss of what to do. So I feel your pain.

Best suggestion: Try something you haven't yet. I think the reason I fell in love with C-Verse Europe (that makes one person!) is because it felt so... fresh.

A change of landscape and be dramatic. Heck, I'm not big on performance based companies usually and I had a BLAST using QUEST in 1975 last year.

Which makes me think... maybe I should give GCG a try? Or I could bring back QUEST, just to make things super weird.

As should you. Go forth and try out GCG and the (admittingly not so) whacky world of super old school Puro... or 5SSW, as you suggested to yourself. As for PGHW and BHOTWG... I have to think it wise to have experience with smaller companies of that style before trying to run them proper. QUEST/GCG I can handle... BHOTWG? Probably not so much.

Though being able to throw Bam Bam Johansson into a developmental territory is awfully tempting...

Actually I might try BHOTWG as they have a Junior division and I like small wrestlers. I don't want to try WLW just yet but maybe someday. My only problem with BHOTWGs is I tired it in 2008 and I always got "can't hire from cult or above" on 45 starts to a BHOTWG game not once did I not get that note. And its not so much that I dislike the note its that BHOTWG always hires Samoan Machine who I love and then when I try and play them I can't get him because GCG goes up to cult in two shows.

But yeah might give 5SSW a whack or maybe MoSC haven't really done much in the UK or Europe.

Archived