Total Championship Wrestling: Tuesday Night Wars

Sammy Bach vs Joshua Taylor ©

TCW International championship match

I need to see more build.

The New Wave © vs The Machines

TCW World Tag Team Championships Match

Again, not so fast.

Troy Tornado vs Koshiro Ino

Troy needs to be pushed. He's one of the guys who can carry Rocky.

Benny Benson vs Eddie Peak

The only real way to continue the feud is to make Benny look like Eddie's equal.

Sam Keith, Rick Law & Wolf Hawkins vs Bryan Vessey, Ricky Dale Johnson & Joey Minnesota

Total Elimination Match to Determine #1 Contender for TCW World Heavyweight championship

Single Victor

Law's been getting a push, and I think this would cement it. It also has the interesting ability of setting up Wolf vs. RDJ and Keith vs. Vessey feuds, which I think everybody wants to see.

Tommy Cornell vs Rocky Golden©

TCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

No hotshotting. Plus, it's more interesting this way, and it's not like Rocky is terrible as a champion; there are many good matchs in him, given the right opponents.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Keith, Rick Law & Wolf Hawkins vs Bryan Vessey, Ricky Dale Johnson & Joey Minnesota

Total Elimination Match to Determine #1 Contender for TCW World Heavyweight championship

Single Victor

Tommy Cornell vs Rocky Golden ©

Single Victor

I was gonna agree with Sudo Nym, and for much the same reasons, but I diagree on one so...

Benny Benson vs Eddie Peak You don't use Peak to build cruiserweights! Just no!

Single Victor

Taylor to retain by a whisker, something like a flash pin that will definitely keep this feud alive.

Not unfeasible for The Machines to win the belts back here but I think The New Wave will retain.

Tornado seems to be enjoying the more focused push right now.

Have to agree with Mr Casey, as much as I like Cruiserweights I just can't buy into Benson going over Peak.

Total Elimination Match to Determine #1 Contender for TCW World Heavyweight championship Single Victor

Torn between Law and Vessey. Law would make for the more obvious feud with Golden but I think Vessey would get a better match out of the champion.

As good as Cornell is, would you really risk putting the belt back on him, only to have him go on vacation for the next month.

Sammy Bach vsJ oshua Taylor©TCW International championship match

Single Victor

Tommy Cornell vs Rocky Golden©TCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Single Victor

a draw of some sort. theres an ace up your sleeve with this one I think... but Golden should retain

Sammy Bach vs Joshua Taylor ©TCW International championship match

Single Victor

Single Victor

I see a draw. I don't think Tommy will want to job, but I think he'll take a schmozz finish.

Single Victor

Tommy Cornell vs Rocky Golden ©TCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

God damn... THIS many predictions? There's no pressure... ;) In any case, I'm going to get in on the game...

Sammy Bach vs Joshua Taylor ©: TCW International championship match

Although I prefer Sammy Bach, Joshua Taylor makes a better fit as a champion for TCW. All I have to say is... Eddie Peak much?

The New Wave © vs The Machines: TCW World Tag Team Championships Match

Although it can go either way, I prefer the Machines.

I'm going to be honest. I never really understand what people can do with Koshiro Ino. I generally just can't get into him... at least in the USA.

Eddie Peak is a better fit for TCW.

Sam Keith, Rick Law & Wolf Hawkins vs Bryan Vessey, Ricky Dale Johnson & Joey Minnesota: Total Elimination Match to Determine #1 Contender for TCW World Heavyweight championship

Single Victor

Although this is a hard one to pick, I know for a fact you don't to take the title off of Rocky Golden... at least not yet. That means a face vs. face is extremely unlikely, because that would undermine the match ratings for Rocky Golden. Because Rocky Golden needs someone good to bring out the best him in, Sam Keith makes sense.

Tommy Cornell vs Rocky Golden ©: TCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Although I would normally be for Cornell, you have pretty much stated that you want to try to keep Golden as champ... for now.

Just caught up. Great ending to the show and I enjoyed the latest Mark too BP. Oh, and I really liked The New Wave's promo, fit the characters really well.

We've not seen too much of Taylor and I think you've got big plans for Bach. Tough one though, because having the title so quickly could also hold him back...

As I said, you are creating a New Wave fan here so I'm holding out for a defence.

Easy, it's Hollywood!

I could see Benson getting a DQ but Peak is the more dangerous for now.

Really, really tough call but it should be a great match. I'm going for Law against all my better judgement!

Somehow, some way, Golden retains. Cornell would be a better champion, but you've made it clear that you don't necessarily want 'another Cornell title run.'

Taylor to retain by a whisker, something like a flash pin that will definitely keep this feud alive.

Not unfeasible for The Machines to win the belts back here but I think The New Wave will retain.

Tornado seems to be enjoying the more focused push right now.

Have to agree with Mr Casey, as much as I like Cruiserweights I just can't buy into Benson going over Peak.

Total Elimination Match to Determine #1 Contender for TCW World Heavyweight championship Single Victor

Torn between Law and Vessey. Law would make for the more obvious feud with Golden but I think Vessey would get a better match out of the champion.

As good as Cornell is, would you really risk putting the belt back on him, only to have him go on vacation for the next month.

I am Dragonmack and I approve these choices. :D

Sammy Bach vs Joshua Taylor ©TCW International championship match

Single Victor

Tommy Cornell vs Rocky Golden©TCW World Heavyweight Championship Match - Calling a draw here, Golden deserves the strap still, but will Cornell job to him?

Thans for all the predictions thus far, folks! Just a quick update on the show... I was hoping to have it done and up by the end of the month. Not sure that's likely now. I'm going away for the Easter long weekend, so if I don't get things done by Thursday, it won't be til the following Tuesday or so. I feel a bit more casual with the pace of getting shows done this time around, so I'll try, but I make no promises.

I believe part of the reason I ended up feeling burned out by Generation Supreme at times was that I focused pretty much entirely on that project. I didn't play any other games for most of that period - whether other games in TEW or outside games. I even laid off the console games a lot. I just didn't want anything taking away that focus. Its also part of why I ended Gen-S when I did - I didn't feel like I could change my approach and maintain things, so I stopped it. So this time around, its a bit more relaxed approach. That also means that the show schedule is a bit more relaxed as I keep letting myself get distracted by things. In a good way, I think....

Don't worry, pretty sure I have to work all of Easter weekend, finally found a place that REALLY needed help which is good for me financially, not good to be worker EVERY day even if just for four hours.

So basically I might not even have time to sit down and read it thourgoughly anyways :)

I have a feeling a title is going to change hands at this PPV and it'd be either here or in the tag match. I say here.

Just seems too soon to have a big change in the tag titles. There hasn't been enough development of this fued yet.

Troy's getting a huge push right now so I'd be surprised not to see him take this one.

I really like Benny, but I just don't see him going over Peak. Maybe down the road after he's found himself an ally or two.

He didn't win the last #1 contender match, so I'm picking him again! Though I have a feeling it might be Vessey.

Just can't see you putting the belt back on Cornell for quite some time. It's finally been peeled out of his hands...it would almost feel like a setback if he won it here. That said, if he did win, it'd make for a very interesting storyline what with his imminent suspension, and all...

Don't worry, pretty sure I have to work all of Easter weekend, finally found a place that REALLY needed help which is good for me financially, not good to be worker EVERY day even if just for four hours.

So basically I might not even have time to sit down and read it thourgoughly anyways :)

I doubt you're alone in being busy for the Easter weekend. I expect a good many folks will have plans. Might be better off just waiting until after the weekend to get the show finished. I'm sure I'll find a bit of time over the weekend to polish things.... Hmm....

I doubt you're alone in being busy for the Easter weekend. I expect a good many folks will have plans. Might be better off just waiting until after the weekend to get the show finished. I'm sure I'll find a bit of time over the weekend to polish things.... Hmm....

I'm not busy Easter weekend! What about me???? :p

I'm not busy Easter weekend! What about me???? :p

Can't make it work for everyone, Tutt. Sorry! If I do get the show done before Friday morning, I will post it. I won't hold off intentionally. But I doubt I will get it done. I honestly haven't got that much done in the past day, so its not that likely. Just haven't been very productive.

Can't make it work for everyone, Tutt. Sorry! If I do get the show done before Friday morning, I will post it. I won't hold off intentionally. But I doubt I will get it done. I honestly haven't got that much done in the past day, so its not that likely. Just haven't been very productive.

Don't worry about it. Take your time! I'd rather see this go longer with more time between shows over shows going up in no time but burning you out after just a couple months. The anticipation keeps me coming back! :D

Sammy Bachvs Joshua Taylor ©TCW International championship match

I'm a huge Bach fan. Plus, I just get the feeling that Bach is recruiting the fallen. With a title loss and some tormenting I could see Taylor turning on Ino (there's already been a hint) and joining Bach.

This is a tough one since nothing has really been established between these two teams yet (though they have history). I'm going out on a limb: Total Violence Connection attack The New Wave for no apparent reason and cost them the titles. This sets up The New Wave joining Benson and also a rivalry over the titles between Machines-Burning Pride which leads to the previously predicted Taylor heel turn. By the way, I too loved The New Wave promo, it felt old school and I loved 80s tag team wrestling.

Tornado is so over with me it's ridiculous. Plus, I'm predicting Ino going tag for a bit, so I think he loses here.

I predicted TVC costing The New Wave the tag titles, so I see them getting even and helping Benson here. For some reason Benson and the New Wave make me think of the movie Hurt Locker.

Single Victor

I'm going with Hawkins because I don't see Tommy staying out for a month. Therefore, Hawkins pulls off the victory and his intentions towards the belt (the belt Tommy feels is his) cause Tommy to end their alliance, thus nullifying the suspension. Hawkins and Minnesota being the final two would continue the next decade's defining rivalry.

I predicted the other titles changing hands, so I should pick at least one sucessful defense.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/PPV/Big/TCWJustAnotherFull.jpg

TCW Just Another Day 2010

Sunday, Week 4, March 2010

Nevada State Armoury (South West)

<object height="25" width="27"><embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="25" width="27"></object>

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Staff/Alt%20Small/JasonAzaria_alt1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Staff/Alt%20Small/KyleRhodes_alt1Small.jpg

Jason Azaria & Kyle Rhodes

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Logos/Promotion%20Logos/TCWBanner.jpg

A New War Arises

The pay per view broadcast starts with the TCW logo on a black background. This fades into a shot of the familiar confines of the Nevada State Armoury. The capacity crowd is amped up and loud. There are several shots of the crowd as the theme song for the event begins, with the picture fading into a montage. It starts with some of the biggest moments in HGC/TCW history, then highlights the workers involved in the show. About halfway through, it begins to focus on Tommy Cornell and TCW World Heavyweight champion Rocky Golden. It shows “Rough Justice” celebrating each of his five world title victories. Then is shows Golden winning the title and showing his defenses... Its unclear if the video is celebrating the continuation of Rocky Golden's title reign... or the end of it...

Jason Azaria: Bringing you the very best in professional wrestling, this is... Total Championship Wrestling! I am Jason Azaria, and with me is my broadcast partner, Kyle Rhodes.

Kyle Rhodes: Good evening to one and all. We are set for a big night here in Las Vegas, Nevada. Welcome to the Just Another Day! Let's get things started!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/SammyBach_alt13Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/JoshuaTaylorSmall.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Belts/Small%20Belts/TCWInternationalSmall.jpg

Sammy Bach vs Joshua Taylor

TCW International Championship Match

5'10" + 225 lbs vs 6'3” + 248 lbs

Sammy Bach emerges first to his emo-ish music. Karen Killer is by his side. The fans are not fans of the man who calls himself “The Fallen” and they vocalize that. The TCW International champion Joshua Taylor gets a solid reception from those same fans.

The match fits very well as an opener, featuring a good pace that is never pushed to the frenetic level. The action is solidly constant, but never overwhelming. Right from the opening bell, the champion seems wary of the presence of Karen Killer at ringside. The match carries the air of anticipation for the moment when she will involve herself. The action is back and forth between both competitors, with neither controlling things for long. The champion has a notable size advantage over the challenger, and he works to put that to use. He manages to overpower Bach, drilling the challenger with some big offense, with a backdrop leading to the champion's Taylor Made Dragon suplex bridged into a pin. Bach manages to kick out, immediately sliding out of the ring to confer with his manager. Taylor gives chase, and “The Fallen” actually hides behind Karen Killer. “The American Samurai” Taylor doesn't take the bait and strike Karen, even after she slaps him. She tries a second time, but the champion is too quick, ducking under the swipe and spinning past the manager like a running back spinning past a tackle, spinning right into a Russian legsweep on Bach. The challenger rolls away from the elbow drop that follows, scrambling to his feet and swiping at the champion with a series of kicks, culminating in Bach leaping onto the ring apron and then delivering a perfect missile dropkick to Taylor's chest. Bach gets the champion back into the ring before they are counted out, and he continues to use kicks to batter away at the TCW International champion. Just when it looks like Taylor is in some trouble, he battles back with a series of forearm shots. Karen Killer again inserts her presence into the match, letting loose a piercing scream and throwing one of her shoes at the three men in the ring. It sails harmlessly past all of them. The goofy moment serves its purpose, as both Taylor and referee Sam Sparrow are distracted and Bach takes advantage with a stinging kick to the champions stomach. Then a triple kick combo – low, middle, then high – drops Taylor. Sensing his moment, Bach delivers “The Fall”, his springboard corkscrew moonsault. The challenger pins and Sparrow counts out the three, with Taylor kicking out just a moment late. The crowd deflates a little, but there is no bell and Sparrow is gesturing wildly at the ropes. Bach had both feet up on the ropes for leverage on the pin, meaning no pinfall and no win for Bach. The challenger argues, and Taylor has a chance to recover. The champion delivers a German suplex, rolling into his Taylor Made Dragon suplex into a bridging pin. Sparrow counts out the three along with the fans.

Rolling to his feet after being released by the victorious champion, Bach begins to argue with referee Sparrow. He suddenly pivots and unleashes a nasty kick that connects with Taylor's head. “The American Samurai” hits the mat, dropping the title belt he was just handed. Staring at the belt he covets for a moment, Bach slides out of the ring and stomps up the ramp with Karen at his heels. In the ring, the referee and TCW Attendants check on Joshua Taylor. The champion lurches to his feet to a surging cheer from the fans.

Joshua Taylor Wins at 14:14 via Pinfall

Grade: B-

Jason Azaria: Impressive win by Joshua Taylor.

Kyle Rhodes: Unimpressive lack of sportsmanship by Bach afterward, however.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/GuideSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/ScoutSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/BrentHill_alt13Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/JohnAnderson_alt17Small.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Belts/Small%20Belts/TCWTagSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Belts/Small%20Belts/TCWTagSmall.jpg

The Machines vs The New Wave

TCW World Tag Team Championship Match

490 lbs total combined weight vs 470 lbs total combined weight

The opening match did a good job of warming up the capacity crowd, and those fans greet the challengers with a ton of hatred. Brent Hill and John Anderson ignore it. The pair are entirely focused on winning the TCW World Tag Team championships. The very popular champions emerge to “Electric Worry” by Clutch and a huge reception from the fans. The pair hit the ring and with near-perfect synchronization, they leap onto the second turnbuckles to acknowledge the fans, holding up their belts. With nearly-equal tandem timing, The Machines attack. Before the bell even rings, the match is underway.

What ensues is a show-stealing twenty-minute master class of cutting edge tag team wrestling, the likes of which cannot be found in any other contemporary American wrestling promotion. The two teams eschew the typical 'babyface in peril' storyline for a continual game of one-upmanship, each tandem trying to break out more impressive teamwork. Referee Eugene Williams makes an effort to keep the tandem work to a minimum by both teams, but he fails miserably. The action moves constantly, in and out of the ring, with the partners rarely simply waiting on the ring apron as they are supposed to. Between the teamwork segments, the match is a combination of hard-nosed brawling and slick technical work. The brawling is mostly from the champions, with the challengers looking to use their grappling skills to wear their opponents down. The continual series of tandem spots with short patches of wrestling between could turn into a patchy spotfest with lesser workers, but the continual escalation of the tandem spots tells a story of two rival teams trying to outdo each other. Things get ratcheted up a notch at the quarter hour mark. After Guide is sent sprawling off the ring apron, The Machines deliver a series of tandem offense to Scout – a tag back suplex, then tag super plex, then finally a tag decapitation kneedrop. They start to set up for their Ghosted finisher, but Guide reasserts himself, hitting both Hill and Anderson with a missile drop kick from the top turnbuckle. A flurry of offense from Guide sends the two challengers out of the ring to regroup, but the New Waver allows them no respite, executing a suicide dive out of the ring onto the pair. Scout soon finds his feet and joins the fray outside the ring. After Anderson is thrown hard into security barrier, the champions go to work. They start with a superkick/legswep combo, then a big double clothesline, and finally Guide hits a huge top rope body splash as his partner acts as the “rocket launcher”. John Anderson has made his way up to the ring apron by this point, but he's sent sprawling to the floor again by a perfectly-timed double superkick from the champion. The New Wave executive their Wave of Mutilation tag tower legdrop finisher, and Guide goes for the pinfall as Scout nails a baseball slide out of the ring into Anderson, ensuring he can't make into the ring to interrupt the pin. The crowd erupts as the champions retain.

The champions celebrate their victory as the challengers stand on the floor, glaring. They stare with cold intent rather than clear out of the ringside area, making it clear this isn't finished. The TCW Attendants are chased away by the challengers as The New Wave are handed their title belts. All it takes is a brief gesture – John Anderson pointing at the belts, then to his own waist, saying “they will be ours” - and things escalate again. The champions glance at each other, then drop their belts and go for their rarely-seen Air Wave stereo suicide dives, landing perfectly onto the Machines. The ringside TCW officials quickly move to get between the two teams before things can escalate, while the fans sound their approval.

The New Wave Win at 19:44 via Pinfall

Grade: A

Jason Azaria: Once again, The New Wave find a way to remain champions!

Kyle Rhodes: I believe that “way” is teamwork.

Jason Azaria: Indeed.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/KoshiroInoSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/TroyTornadoSmall.jpg

Koshiro Ino vs Troy Tornado

6'2” + 295 pounds vs 6'2” + 237 pounds

“The Kobra” Koshiro Ino emerges first. His entrance music is “Fight Without Honor or Humility”, his standard PPV music. He does not wear the traditional samurai armor he reserves for special occasions, however. The stoic Japanese warrior looks grim and determined behind his trademark facepaint. He comes down to the ring to a solid reception from the fans. They are much louder for his opponent, as they erupt with boos at the first sound of “Paradise City” by Guns n' Roses. It only grows louder when “Hollywood” Troy Tornado emerges. Engaging and enraging the crowd is simply natural to the heel. He struts and preens as he makes his way down to the ring.

The match starts out slowly, with Tornado hesitant to engage. When they do lock up, the reason behind the hesitation is obvious – Ino is much bigger and overpowering. Tornado wastes little time in digging into his bag of dirty tricks, using little cheap shots to try to gain an advantage. Much of it does little more than annoy the stoic Ino. The opening ten minutes is back and forth – Ino effectively uses his size to overpower, but Tornado is just as skilled at taking cheap shots to grab momentum back. Just past ten minutes, Tornado unleashes a wicked kick to the groin of his opponent, and it does a great deal more than simply annoy Ino. Referee Eugene Williams wonders why Ino is suddenly laying on the mat, curled into the fetal position while Tornado struts around and preens, but not having seen it, the ref does nothing. This creates a long sequence of domination by Tornado, as he hammers away at “The Kobra”. He wears down the big Japanese warrior, setting up for his Starmaker finisher. Just past the quarter hour mark, Tornado come off the ropes hard, launching a forearm at Ino... but the big man twists, so the forearm nails him in the shoulder instead. He climbs to his feet and counters the kick attempt for Tornado, taking the smaller man down with a quick legsweep. The crowd is strongly behind Ino as he counters everything Tornado throws at him, gradually taking over the match. Tornado seems surprised at he is reeling from the relentless and building offense from Ino. The loud crowd gets even louder as he rolls into his big finishing sequence, with several nasty suplexes leading into a big backdrop, then an Ino Plex vertical suplex drop into snap neckbreaker. Instead of using his usual Kobra's Bite finisher, “The Kobra” unleashes his rarely seen Burning Hammer on Tornado. He pins Tornado and the crowd counts along with the ref... One... Two... Three...

With his trademark facepaint smeared almost entirely off his face, Ino does little in the way of celebration. He allows the ref to raise his arm in victory and then the TCW Attendants to check on him. Tornado seems to be pouting as he waves off the Attendants and slides out of the ring, stomping up the ramp.

Koshiro Ino Wins at 20:41 via Pinfall

Grade: B+

Jason Azaria: Troy Tornado does not look impressed.

Kyle Rhodes: It looks like “Hollywood” got more than he bargained for. Ino is no easy win, and he just proved that

Jason Azaria: Indeed.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/ElmoBenson_alt1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/EddiePeakSmall.jpg

5'10 + 215 pounds vs 6'5” + 295 pounds

“Captain Excitement” gets a solid reaction from the fans when he emerges. It rather pales in comparison to the reaction that Eddie Peak generates, as “The Predator” is truly hated by the fans. Rather than attack his opponent before the bell as he often does, Peak simply grins at his much smaller prey.

As he promised earlier in the week, Benson seeks to use his quickness to his advantage. He moves rapidly and continually, staying just out of reach of Peak while picking his spots for quick attacks. The approach has the support of the fans, who cheer the smaller man on. The problem with this approach is that most of the offense that Benson does land is hardly high impact and it does little to hurt the big “Predator”. Peak slowly begins to grin, as if he's enjoying the game. The smile falters a bit when Benson focuses on the big man's base. He lands several stinging kicks, then goes for a low dropkick. Peak stumbles, but he refuses to go down. The offense from Benson becomes frantic, as he it clearly determined to take Peak down. But he makes a mistake when he goes for a springboard cross body block, as Peak simply catches the 215-pound cruiserweight and smashes him to the mat with a hard slam. There are a couple of minutes as Benson tires to continue the approach, but he can't keep ahead of Peak, who keeps catching Benson with offense that clearly has a lot more impact than what the smaller wrestler can manage. After Peak delivers a big boot that flips “Captain Excitement” right over, its all Peak. Its five-plus minutes of one-sided dominance – clubbing blows, then a series of elbows, then throwing Benson across the ring by his hair. The crowd is clearly not enjoying the Peak dominance, even if he is. The disturbing, demonic grin doesn't leave his face throughout. After a big backbreaker, Benson gets a pop from the crowd as he struggles back to his feet... only to be smashed by one of Peak's trademark animalistic spears. Again, Benson gets up... and gets speared... Then a third time... The sequence has the crowd screaming for Benson to get out of the way, but he can barely stand. After the third spear, Peak takes his time before he lifts Benson high towards heaven with an epic Peak of Perfection crucifix powerbomb, then plants him down to the mat with a resounding crash. Its an easy three count.

Peak stands over his downed opponent for a moment, considering. The ref is trying to make sure that Peak does not decide to further carnage, though there would be little he could do if that was Peak's intent. Instead, Peak leaves while the TCW Attendants jump into the ring to check on Benson. The babyface generates another pop from the crowd as he says no the Attendants and gradually makes his way to his feet himself. It takes Benson some time, but he makes it out of the ring and past the ramp by himself.

Eddie Peak Wins at 13:00 via Pinfall

Grade: B-

Kyle Rhodes: You have to respect the courage and fortitude of Benny Benson to step up like that, and the determination to walk out on his own.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/BryanVesseySmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/RickyDaleJohnson_alt12Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/JoeyMinnesotaSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/SamKeith_alt12Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/RickLaw_alt21.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/WolfHawkins_alt3Small.jpg

Bryan Vessey, Ricky Dale Johnson & Joey Minnesota vs Sam Keith, Rick Law & Wolf Hawkins

Total Elimination Tag Team Match

6'5” + 252 pounds, 6'4” + 295 pounds & 6'2” + 245 pounds vs 6'1” + 235 pounds, 6'7” + 305 pounds & 6'3” + 235 pounds

Although the match is comprised of two teams, the six wrestlers each get their own ring entrance. It emphasizes the individual nature of the Total Elimination tag team match, where there is only one final winner. All three of the fan favorites get strong positive reactions. All three heels get plenty of heat, but the reaction for Rick Law is notably strongest.

The match begins with Rick Law in the ring with Ricky Dale Johnson. There is no “feeling out” process – Law goes after RDJ with an overwhelming sequence of strikes, then lands a big Justice Jam uppercut. He goes for the pinfall almost immediately, but RDJ kicks out at the same time as Minnesota leaps in to make the save. Law continues to work over RDJ for a short time, before Hawkins is tagged in. The young man known as “The Prodigy” fails to keep “The Lone Star Hero” isolated, and Bryan Vessey gets tagged in. Hawkins tags in Sam Keith, and the two veterans circle each other warily. The crowd roars as the two legends finally engage. They go back and forth with some lightning quick chain wrestling sequences. Keith takes the advantage with some quick shots, backing Vessey into a neutral corner. He charges in with a big knee, then points to the heavens, looking to unleash his trademark series of heavy chest slaps... but Vessey doesn't give him the chance, shoving Keith away and flooring “The Living Legend” with a big elbow. Minnesota is tagged in, and the 48-year old veteran Keith is worked over by the fan favorites for a few minutes. The only experienced tandem in the match, RDJ and Minnesota, show off some teamwork as they work some quick tags and teamwork to keep Keith isolated. Vessey tags back in, working over Keith and going for the pin after a Vesesy Plex, but Hawkins interrupts it. “Shogun” then delivers a Super Vesssy Plex to Keith from the second rope, with RDJ and Minnesota ensuring the the pin is not interrupted.

Sam Keith Eliminated at 9:55 by Bryan Vessey via Pinfall

With one man gone, the match continues with Wolf Hawkins facing Joey Minnesota. The fans go insane as the two young rivals circle warily. The two have faced each other endless times and never disappoint. Though the sequence only lasts for about three minutes, its constant back-and-forth action between the pair. Minnesota spies the opportunity to tag one of his teammates in and brings Ricky Dale Johnson, while Hawkins fails to make the same move and ends up getting double-teamed. The fans cheer as RDJ then works over the despised “Prodigy”. The well-loved Johnson gets a two-count after a big leaping lariat, then another after a Texas Hold 'Em – an over-the-shoulder backbreaker, after which he drives Hawkins stomach-first into the turnbuckles in a neutral corner. Law makes no attempt to intervene on either of the pin attempts, as he watches Hawkins with what amounts to contempt. RDJ makes a mistake, lifting Hawkins for his Southern Justice Nadowa choke slam, but Hawkins lashes out and puts a boot into RDJ's gut, as both men stumble into the corner where Rick Law awaits. “The Guardian Devil” first levels RDJ with a Justice Jam uppercut and then tags himself in. He pounds away at RDJ, chasing him across the ring with big strikes that all seem to land and damage the 40-year old fan favorite. Law times it perfectly as he backs RDJ into the ropes, then catches him with a quick Long Arm of the Law lariat coming off the ropes. Hawkins jumps in and throws a shoulder block into Minnesota as Law pins RDJ for the three.

Ricky Dale Johnson at 15:23 by Rick Law via Pinfall

There is no real pause in the action after RDJ is eliminated. Hawkins continues to attack Joey Minnesota, while Law delivers a Disturbing the Peace running baseball slide to Vessey as “Shogun” steps off the ring apron. It sends Vessey flailing onto the security barrier. Law delivers some further damage to Vessey before climbing back into the ring and helping Hawkins double-team Minnesota. Referee Sam Sparrow loses track of who is the legal man, as Hawkins furiously attacks Minnesota and Law casually moves to the ring apron. The almost-frantic assault by Hawkins continues, as if “The Prodigy” knows that he can't give “The Philly Phenom” a chance to retaliate. Even with the relentless assault, Minnesota finds an opportunity, ducking under a flying forearm attempt and wrapping Hawkins up in the Minnesota Holiday rear naked choke that has finished him off many times. Before it can here, Law puts a boot into Minnesota's back and he releases the hold. Hawkins reacts with his Full Moon Rising Enzuigiri kick, putting Minnesota down. Sam Sparrow counts out the three.

Joey Minnesota Eliminated at 18:34 by Wolf Hawkins via Pinfall

Having eliminated his bitter rival, Hawkins celebrates. He climbs to the second turnbuckle and gestures at the crowd, mimicking some of his mentor Tommy Cornell's trademark gestures. The fans boo. Vessey, after the assault by Law, has finally made it into the ring. He realizes that it is now two-on-one. “Shogun” stalks up behind Hawkins, and hammers the youngster with a stiff forearm shot when he turns and jumps down from the turnbuckle. They go back and forth a bit, but Vessey holds a clear edge and he begins to batter away at the young “Prodigy”. Law stands on the ring apron, watching with little interest. Perhaps finally remembering that it is technically still a tag match, Hawkins makes it to their corner and tries to tag in Law. But Law casually avoids the tag, then gives Hawkins a hard glare as Vessey comes into the corner with a high knee that drops Hawkins. Law clearly has a plan here, and that plan is to stay uninvolved. Bryan Vessey lands a nice Vessey Line leaping forearm smash and goes for a pin, but Hawkins kicks out. Then he delivers a Vessey Plex, but again, Hawkins kicks out. Finally, “Shogun” goes to his main finisher, the Vessey Driver spinning Death Valley Driver, and there is no kick out from Hawkins on the pin.

Wolf Hawkins Eliminated at 22:59 by Bryan Vessey via Pinfall

There is a rising crescendo of excitement that runs through the crowd, escalating into a resounding sound of anticipation. The match is down to just two – Bryan Vessey and Rick Law. “The Guardian Devil” takes his time climbing into the ring and squaring up to Vessey, who waits patiently and without apparent emotion. The two circle slowly and warily, as the fans buzz with anticipation. The two have faced each other before, but never with so much on the line. Law taunts Vessey and “Shogun” bites, exchanging blows with the bigger man. Its a poor choice, as Law comes out on the better end of the exchange as he virtually always does. The veteran Vessey quickly changes his approach, trying to tie Law up and wear him down with holds. Law is having none of it, powering through and using cheap shots when necessary. Vessey explodes with a big series of elbow shots, which he follows up with a huge suplex sequence on Law. It looks like “Shogun” has Law in trouble, and he goes for a pin but the kickout comes with some authority. As Vessey goes for another suplex, Law counters with several knees to the gut of his opponent. At least one of the knees lands low, doubling Vessey over. Referee Sparrow admonishes Law, but the heel argues that it was unintentional as the fans boo. Whether it was intentional or not, Law takes advantage as he pushes the advantage and lays into Vessey with some power offense. “Shogun” counters with a charging forearm that takes Law by surprise. The crowd is tittering with anticipation as Vessey puts together an impressive string of attack, using his own body as a weapon against his bigger opponent. Vessey gets the 305-pound Law up for a big suplex. Almost on instinct, Law stumbles to his feet and unleashes a Justice Jam uppercut. It connects perfectly and Vessey drops to one knee, and Law then drives his own knee into Vessey's face. The 252-pound veteran flops back onto the mat and Law immediately goes to work again. He still seems a bit wobbly, but in better shape than Vessey. A series of strikes backs Vessey into the ropes, and Law comes off the opposite ropes to deliver his Long Arm of the Law lariat. Vessey ducks under, coming back with a forearm blow and trying for a suplex. It gets blocked, then Law gets Vessey up for a big suplex of his own. Law quickly picks Vessey up off the mat and whips him into the ropes. There is no avoiding the vicious lariat this time. After hammering Vessey down with his Long Arm of the Law, the once-beloved Law falls onto his opponent and Sam Sparrow counts out the three.

The crowd erupts with disappointment, voicing their dislike for the victorious Rick Law. The TCW Attendants are chased away by the big man, while Vessey allows them to check him over as he peels himself off the mat. After Law is announced as the winner, “Shogun” moves out of the ring area, looking disappointed yet stoic. Rick Law calls for a microphone.

Rick Law Wins at 31:41 via Pinfall

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/RickLaw_alt21.jpg

Rick Law

Post-Match Promo

Law sneers at the booing fans, though he cannot talk for a moment until they quiet.

Rick Law: You can all just shut the hell up. You think I give a d*mn what you think? Justice was served tonight, but I'm done jumping through hoops No one can question it now. I am the number one contender. I want my title match. I don't care who wins tonight... I want my shot.

With that Law, drops the microphone and stomps out of the ring. He doesn't celebrate his victory at all.

Jason Azaria: Fantastic Total Elimination tag match! Fantastic! And now, we're in for a main event which could be a classic... Tommy Cornell... Rocky Golden... Set for war!

Kyle Rhodes: I've been trying all night, Jason, and I honestly cannot pick a favorite in this one.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/TommyCornell_alt5Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/RockyGoldenSmall.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Belts/Small%20Belts/TCWWorldSmall.jpg

Tommy Cornell vs Rocky Golden

6'4” + 260 lbs vs 6'7” + 300 lbs

The challenger comes out first, the crowd booing Tommy Cornell voraciously as they have been conditioned to. He sneers and gestures at the them mockingly as he makes his way down to the ring. Once he's in the ring, “Rough Justice” is entirely focused. What follows is a big pop for the opening strains of “Numb/Encore” by Jay-Z & Linkin Park. The pop grows significantly when the TCW World Heavyweight champion Rocky Golden emerges. His girlfriend, Miss Sara, is by his side. The pair take their time moving down to the ring. Rock holds open the ropes for his lovely lady friend. She stays in the ring while the two combatants are introduced, before taking her place at ringside. Cornell does not look upon her presence too kindly. Before the bell, the crowd lets out another rising cheer. Typical of TCW main event matches, this one has a “big fight” feel.

The bell rings and the two warriors circle slowly. Their two previous encounters has plenty of build up prior to the match, unlike this one. As the two lock up, it is quickly apparent that Cornell is not going to repeat his mistake from the August match, where he lost the title to Golden by giving in to his pride and believing he could overpower his bigger opponent. “Rough Justice” quickly locks up an arm begins to work it over. For those attentive fans who pay attention to such things, it is quickly clear that this match will build directly off their previous encounter, the rematch in September where Cornell tried to take Golden down to the mat and work him over, wearing him down that way. The 330-pounder has a way of powering through, however, and he shows that early in this match. Forced down one knee by the armbar, Golden powers to his feet and levels Cornell with a short-arm lariat. He follows that up with one of his trademark big shoulder blocks. As the champion launches some of his typical power offense, Cornell tries to counter, and then executes a nice legsweep to take Golden down. He cannot keep the champion down, however. Again and again, Cornell tries to get his 330-pound opponent down to the mat, but when he is successful – even going so far as to use the good old hair pull takedown – he cannot keep him there for any length of time. Even with Cornell's endless arsenal of painful holds and his expert use of leverage, he simply cannot keep him down long enough to inflict any real damage. It is a bit too early in the match for such an approach to work. Golden is able to use his power and an aggressive approach to get the better of most straight-up exchanges, putting Cornell back on his heels as well as anyone in recent memory. “Rough Justice” begins to look as close to frustrated as he ever does. He takes a short breather outside the ring, and Golden is smart enough to stay off the floor, waiting for his opponent to return. Cornell slides back in, and flies at Golden, launching a series of martial arts style strikes. It backs the champion into the corner, and the challenger follows up with a big knee blow. Cornell climbs to the second turnbuckle and crashes down blows onto Golden's golden head. The champion shoves him away with force, sending “Mr. TCW” sprawling across the ring. When Cornell rolls to his feet, he is met by the charging Golden and the loser of the that impact is clearly the challenger. Once again, Cornell takes a respite outside the ring. This time, he slides out next to Miss Sara. The lovely young women glances at the 5-time TCW champion warily, who sees an opportunity and he begins to move towards her with menacing intent. Golden isn't about to let that happen, and he gets out of the ring in a hurry, throwing his huge body through the second rope in an unlikely suicide dive at Cornell. The challenger expects it, diving out of the way so the champion slams hard into the security barrier. Miss Sara lets out a scream of fright that echoes throughout the suddenly-quiet arena. Cornell is quick to pounce on his opportunity, unleashes a series of kicks at Golden's ribs. He gets the big man back in the ring, standing over the champion with a trademark sneer.

The match begins to resemble so many of Cornell's matches, with “Rough Justice” in clear control as he systematically tears apart his opponent. Every time Golden tries to fight back with anything, Cornell drives a fist or shin to his ribs, which actually drives Golden down to a knee several times. “The Tank” is renowned for his ability to take punishment in a match, and Cornell looks to test that as he pounds away. Miss Sara paces the floor, calling out encouragement to her man. Cornell locks in his Guilt Trip Judo choke sleeper from a standing position, which is a mistake as Golden drives backward into the turnbuckles. The champion isn't done yet, as he manages some offense, launching power moves at the challenger. A quick throat jab slows that down, and Cornell delivers some nasty knees. He gets his much bigger opponent up for an epic spinebuster. A quick pin attempt is an easy kick out for Golden. The challenger then sets up for his feared finisher, the Rough Ride. It is a suplex into a slingshot, twisting into a facebuster. Cornell executes it with difficulty against such a big opponent, but he does execute it. The impact takes something out of the crowd, as they know what is coming. Cornell grabs a leg and goes for the pin... But just before the three, Golden kicks out. There is pure shock written on Cornell's face – no one kicks out after the Rough Ride. The challenger looks to be a bit of a loss, far removed from the systematic and cerebral approach typified by Cornell. He pulls Golden up by the hair, but the champion roars as he blocks the strike attempts by Cornell and hammers back with his own big shots. “Rough Justice” again goes to the ribs, but Golden simply takes it and glares at his opponent. Realizing he's now in serious trouble, Cornell kicks at the ribs but again, Golden simply takes it. The champion then levels Cornell with a short-arm lariat. When Cornell gets back to his feet, he's leveled again by a big shoulder block. The fans are buzzing with anticipation, as the offense from Golden builds towards what everyone knows is coming – his Rocky Road ganso bomb finisher. He crushes Cornell with it, and then grabs both legs to pin the TCW legend. One... Two... Three...

The fans erupt with joy. Golden grins, even as he holds his injured rib. Miss Sara rushes into the ring to join Golden.

Rocky Golden Wins at 25:22 via Pinfall

Grade: B

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/RockyGoldenSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Staff/Hired%20Managers%20Small/SaraMarieYork_alt3Small.jpg

Rocky Golden & Miss Sara

Post-Match Celebration

There is a standing ovation from the fans when the still-champion Golden is handed back his TCW World Heavyweight championship belt. They roar when he holds it aloft, despite the obvious pain of doing so. Cornell has already cleared out of the area, looking mighty unhappy. Golden asks for a microphone.

Rocky Golden: I just wanted to say thank you to all you fans. You make this all worthwhile...

The fans roar at the acknowledgment, as Golden hesitates for a second, wincing at his hurt ribs as if emphasizing what “this” entails.

Rocky Golden: I also need to thank the woman who makes everything worthwhile for me....

He looks over at his girlfriend, who embraces him as the fans approve of this as well.

Rocky Golden: I will continue to defend this belt against anyone the Home Office decides is worthy. I fear no man and I won't step away from a challenge....

Golden trials off and all eyes in the arena turn to the stage.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/RickLaw_alt21.jpg

Rick Law

The number one contender stands on the stage, glaring. He has no microphone and doesn't even gesture. He simply stands and stares.

Rocky Golden: Anytime, Law. Anywhere.

With that, the champion raises his belt one more time towards the heavens.

Grade: A*

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Grade/grade_bplus.jpg

Post Show Thoughts

Regarding predictions, there were 20 in total. Thanks for the support, everyone! Of those 20, no one got 6 out of 6, which I think is a good thing. Five people got 5 of 6 right, and therefore, we have 5 winners of the PPV prediction contest. PMs will be coming, with what can be requested.

A few booking thoughts....

-the tag team match delivered far better than I expected. Which is great, because tag team action is intended to be a key part of my TCW vision, and having a couple of experienced teams that can deliver the match grades is reassuring.

-looks like I tripped up almost everyone with the Ino-Tornado result. Wasn't really my intent, but I can now see how so many people would figure on the Tornado win. My logic was that a clean (or even really semi-clean) Tornado win wouldn't really leave much room for a rematch. A schmozz win of some type would have worked, but a clean Ino win does a fair bit for Ino, which was really the point, and it makes a rematch have some meaning.

-ironically, the logic I used there was applied to the Peak-Benson match by a few people. Instead, I went with a win by Peak that was not only clean but relatively dominant. All I can say is different feud and different intent.

-I really wasn't sure about the total elimination tag match. I cannot recall using a six-man tag that high on the card of a PPV before. One might ask why I would go with such a match when I wasn't sure it would produce? Experimentation, I guess, plus I like the idea I put in the last Total Mark segment where TCW uses gimmick matches regularly to stick with a tradition. I like to think such little elements help give a promotion a bit more personality.

-the main event really didn't deliver. I wasn't expecting A* greatness, but I was a bit surprised to see it be one of the weaker matches on the card. The purpose of the match was quite simple - establish Rocky Golden as legit for the readers. Viewers (if they existed) would be reminded of what had been established back in September when Golden successfully defended the belt against Cornell. A big moment was Golden kicking out of the Rough Ride (more on that coming) and there were some smaller moments that will be more important later.

Sorry it took me a bit longer to get this done and up. Hopefully its worth the wait. The next month will be interesting, I believe...

Archived