Total Championship Wrestling: Tuesday Night Wars

Loving the total mark segments so far. Love their analyses of so many of the blind smark iwc memes that exist. All hail the educated smart marks on this board!!! If you are ever running shot in material in that respect I got some pet peeves as well hehe.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Logos/ChroniclesoftheWarVessey.jpg

Preview of TCW Presents Total Wrestling

Tuesday, Week 4, May 2010

With the biggest show of the wrestling calendar - TCW Total Mayhem 15 - just days away, you won't want to miss the final Total Wrestling, with plenty of lead-in action on tap.

Three top tag teams will be joined by two of the biggest names in Total Championship Wrestling in an eight-man tag that is sure to feature plenty of excitement. TCW World Heavyweight champion Rocky Golden and Bryan Vessey will join up with the TCW World Tag Team champions The New Wave, taking on The Machines and the Canadian Animals. Both the Machines and the Animals will be out to prove they deserve a shot at the tag team titles.

The New Wave will be facing Sara Silver's Samoan Violence Unlimited duo at Total Mayhem. Bali So' and Rav Umaga will take on The Cali Dragons, a team that is inspired by the Japanese puroseau style... which the Samoans are more than familiar with.

Aaron Andrews is a TCW true blood and looked upon by many as a future star. Its a long road to stardom, especially when that road takes you through a little town called Peak-ville. Population one. One is more than enough when its Eddie Peak. "The Predator" represents a huge test for "Ace".

A six-man tag match worth of being the main event will see Sam Keith team up with Rick Law and Troy Tornado, taking on the Burning Pride duo of Koshiro Ino and Joshua Taylor who are joined by Benny Benson. With all six men having big matches at Total Mayhem, this one should be interesting.

The main event at Total Mayhem will be Ricky Dale Johnson facing Tommy Cornell for the final time, in the Final Reckoning cell. Two legends, one last time. As a perfect lead-in, one of the most intense tag rivalries in recent TCW history will take the stage. Ricky Dale Johnson and his young partner Joey Minnesota will take on The Syndicate duo of Cornell and his protege, Wolf Hawkins. These four have put on some classic matches together... and this one should be no different.

You don't want to miss out. TCW Presents Total Wrestling is available across North America on GNN Total Sports.

Rocky Golden, Bryan Vessey & The New Wave vs The Machines & The Canadian Animals

Samoan Violence Unlimited vs The Cali Dragons (Frankie Perez & Mikey James)

Aaron Andrews vs Eddie Peak

Sam Keith, Rick Law & Troy Tornado vs Burning Pride (Koshiro Ino & Joshua Taylor) & Benny Benson

Freedom Fighters (Ricky Dale Johnson & Joey Minnesota) vs The Syndicate (Tommy Cornell & Wolf Hawkins)

Rocky Golden, Bryan Vessey & The New Wave vs The Machines & The Canadian Animals

Sam Keith, Rick Law & Troy Tornado vs Burning Pride (Koshiro Ino & Joshua Taylor) & Benny Benson

Freedom Fighters (Ricky Dale Johnson & Joey Minnesota) vs The Syndicate (Tommy Cornell & Wolf Hawkins)

too much star power on this end

SVU to strengthen their title contender status over the 'jobbers for now' Cali Dragons

I know Andrews is an up and comer, but Eddie needs to be destroying someone credible if he wants to retain his monster aura

Main eventers vs Midcarders

I sense burgeoning tension between Tommy and Wolf

I definitely like the direction this is going, Big papa. I like your vision of TCW, and I think that you are definitely going in the right direction with the way you are writing it, at least from the standpoint of a fan.

If The Machines really wanted to win they would have found better partners.

Squash.

Peak-ville...grower of the country's most delicious squash.

I like the heel trio combination. I can see Keith getting tired of Tornado too. Did Burning Pride shop at the same partner store as The Machines?

Big match for TV and hard as heck to predict. I was tempted to go with the Freedom Fighters to further the tension between Cornell and Hawkins. However, I see Cornell and Hawkins both winning at TM and going on to face each other eventually, so I'll buy them staying strong here. Actually, I will go with them losing to further the feud and give RDJ some more momentum. Wait...I think I might pick The Syndicate after all...oh yeah, there's Eddie Peak for Cornell to worry about too. Freedom Fighters!

Here's the thing, though. Did TCW become a Performanced-based promotion first, or did the put the title on Rocky Golden first? If it's the first, then they it was a REALLY stupid idea to put the title on Rocky Golden.

Arguably not, actually.

Let's say that Tommy wants to do more without having to blow as much on promoting his guys (overness/wages/etc). He therefore wants to present a product more focused on the in-ring action than the stories, and he therefore knows he's going to have to present the show differently. Ads will be different, style of web content different, etc, etc.

(In game terms, the product changes).

Tommy doesn't want to lose everyone who prefers equal sizzle to steak, though. So he decides to take a slight hit to his initial outings by giving those people a reason to stay tuned - a promise it hasn't drifted too far - and that promise is that a guy who'd appeal to those fans, who'd gotten over solid - the belt during the transition period.

Keep the champions and Vessey looking strong heading into the PPV

SVU have quickly been pushed as an instant threat for the tag titles, Cali Dragons may get their one day but for now that day is a long way off from happening.

You've hinted that Peak is the midst of a gradual push and a loss to Andrews at this stage would do more harm than good.

Too much star power on the side of the heel trio for Burning Pride and Benson to handle.

Tough one to call, but I think despite the current underlying tension between Cornell and Hawkins they will still somehow pull out the win here.

The joker look for Bach would be cool, I have admit. If he requires evolution, that might be it. For the moment, I like that he is the "least weird" of his little posse.

Something like this?

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/Slim_Jim_GDS/SammyBach_alt6.jpg

Just read up (most) of the diary and I enjoyed it, especially the Total Mark entries. Prefer this to your SWF diary, if that isn't too blasphemous for these boards :p

Something like this?

Just read up (most) of the diary and I enjoyed it, especially the Total Mark entries. Prefer this to your SWF diary, if that isn't too blasphemous for these boards :p

That's awesome.

Glad you are reading and enjoying. Nothing wrong with liking this one more than Generation Supreme - different approaches are likely to appeal to different tastes.

Amp has some similar concerns, but he is really just looking at a game-play issues.

Yep. It's not so much Rocky Golden not delivering, as much as my frustration with the product.

I mean, look at Phantom Stranger's diary. It's not a comparison between diaries, but rather, a comparison between products. Bigpapa42 has to work with a Performance-based promotion. Phantom Stranger can work with a Popularity-equals-Performance promotion.

Guess what? Rocky Golden does fine, and can even do great in a Popularity-equals-Performance promotion.

I'm not really frustrated at Rocky Golden OR Bigpapa42. It's really TCW 2010's product. It only looks like's Rocky Golden or Bigpapa42.

Canadian Animals sadly, aren´t on the same level than everyone else here

Samoan´s have a tag team title shot in PPV so they need to win here

Peak needs to stay strong

Too much star power on heels side

I believet that Tommy will win RDJ in PPV so RDJ picks up a win here to even the score.

SVU needs the win as they are getting a title shot at the pay per view so they need the momentum.

too much star power on this end

SVU to strengthen their title contender status over the 'jobbers for now' Cali Dragons

I know Andrews is an up and comer, but Eddie needs to be destroying someone credible if he wants to retain his monster aura

Main eventers vs Midcarders

I sense burgeoning tension between Tommy and Wolf

I approve these picks and D-Macks reasoning for them

Something like this?

That is a cool alt, but the stupid headband just really kills the gimmick for me. Also I think it would go better with the longer haired alt I remember from another TCW diary. I think Phantom Strangers, but I am not sure.

That is a cool alt, but the stupid headband just really kills the gimmick for me. Also I think it would go better with the longer haired alt I remember from another TCW diary. I think Phantom Strangers, but I am not sure.

Its funny - I've never minded the headband. I've just always looked on it like the one goofy carryover from his earlier career. Like a certain style of trunks that a worker sticks with throughout their career - their character, gimmick, and even style might change, but that always stays.

There are a couple alts I have of him without the headband, but he has hair that's really short on the side and it just doesn't work for me. I like the headband more than those ones. Just a preference, thought.

Something like this?

Jeepers creepers, that's a little petrifying to be honest. It's like It (as in Stephen King's It) taking the form of Sammy Bach to terrify.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Logos/TV%20Logos/TCWTotalWrestling.jpg

TCW Presents Total Wrestling

Tuesday, Week 4, May 2010

Isaak Road Arena (Mid Atlantic)

<object height="25" width="27"><embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="25" width="27"></object>

Chapter Twelve

Promises

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Staff/Alt%20Small/JasonAzaria_alt1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Staff/Alt%20Small/KyleRhodes_alt1Small.jpg

Jason Azaria & Kyle Rhodes

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Logos/Promotion%20Logos/TCWBanner.jpg

The TCW logo fades into a shot of the crowd as the Total Championship Wrestling theme song plays. The crowd is darker than usual, with few the few lights in the Isaak Road Arena focused on the ring. The ring is surrounded by the massive Final Reckoning cell. Instead of focusing on the crowd, the camera sweeps across the darkened arena, then steadies on the huge and intimidating cell.

Jason Azaria: Bringing you the very best in professional wrestling, this is... Total Championship Wrestling! I am Jason Azaria, and with me is my broadcast partner, Kyle Rhodes.

Kyle Rhodes: Good evening to one and all. We are going to have a unique start to the night.... So let's get things started.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/TommyCornell_alt5Small.jpg

Tommy Cornell

In-Ring Promo

There is no music to announce Tommy Cornell. He is actually already inside the Final Reckoning cell, standing in the darkness of the ringside area between the ring apron the side of the cell. He announces his presence simply by stepping into the ring. The reaction from over ten thousand fans is immediate – they boo.

Cornell makes as if to speak, but then holds off. He instead climbs out of the ring and makes a slow circuit around the Final Reckoning cell, followed by several small spotlights as he moves through the darkness.

The Final Reckoning cell is massive. Its is roofed cage that surrounds not just the 20' x 20' TCW ring, but the ringside area as well. The cell is about 36' x 36' and 18' tall. The superstructure is heavy steel square tubing, painted black. The walls and roof are well-secured chain link. The entire thing looks incredibly solid and intimidating. As he moves around the inside of the cell, Cornell grabs one of the walls and shakes. There is almost no movement there. Cornell completes his circuit and then climbs into the ring.

Tommy Cornell: Two legends, one last time...

The crowd roars their approval...

Tommy Cornell: Two legends, one last time... Just like Chord and Strong. See, I take offense to that. Chord and Strong were old men when they stepped into this cell. Legends, no doubt. But at the end of their careers, then. Johnson's not so much a legend, but he is certainly near the end of his career. Stepping into this cell with me will take him a step closer to the end.

“Rough Justice” smirks.

Tommy Cornell: But me... I don't like being called a legend so much, not while I'm in my prime. I might have done enough already in my career... but I have a lot of years left. Strong and Chord didn't. Johnson doesn't.

He sneers this time, eliciting some boos from the fans.

Tommy Cornell: Last week, I made sure that Eddie Peak didn't destroy Johnson. I don't want him to be able to claim that he came into this cell already lame. I saved Johnson and gave him an easy victory... Does he thank me?

Another pause as Cornell shakes his head....

Tommy Cornell: Dread asked me the other day while I should be bothered to face Johnson again. Pointed out that I've beaten the man so many times now. He's right, then. Simple answer, really... So long as people choose to compare us, I will find enjoyment in defeating him. Since this is going to be the last time, I figure I'd best make special, right. So inside this cell, on Sunday, I will break him. I will use this cell as a weapon and I will punish him.

Cornell stops and slowly looks around the cell. A smile creeps onto his face. A smile full of anticipation.

Tommy Cornell: Oh, how I'm going to punish him...

Grade: A

Kyle Rhodes: Hard to believe that Total Mayhem will be the final singles match between Tommy Cornell and Ricky Dale Johnson.

Jason Azaria: Indeed.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/BrentHill_alt13Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/JohnAnderson_alt17Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/EddStone_alt11Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/FreddyHuggins_alt17Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/RockyGoldenSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/BryanVesseySmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/GuideSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/ScoutSmall.jpg

The Machines & The Canadian Animals vs Rocky Golden, Bryan Vessey & The New Wave

940 lbs total combined weight vs 1052 lbs total combined weight

The are two primary dynamics in this match – the first being that all four on the babyface team have big matches while the other foursome does not, and the second is the question of whether the two heel teams can work together. The answer to that question is that they can't. It seems that both The Machines and The Canadian Animals are looking to make an impression and possibly earn a tag team title shot down the road, so its not that conducive to the two teams working together. Whereas the four fan favorites work together quite well, and they also don't hold back. The babyfaces all get sequences to show off – Rocky Golden showing off his power, Bryan Vessey displaying his chain wrestling prowess, and The New Wave get to show off some of their elite-level tandem work. The heels get to show a bit too, but it doesn't work out as well for the two heel teams. The Machines work to isolate Guide, but he makes a relatively easy hot tag to Vessey when the two veteran technicians miscommunicate with the Canadian pair. The match is not as back-and-forth as it could be, but the fans seem to enjoy the well-liked foursome getting the better of things and the two heel teams showing discord. The match ends after “Shogun” delivers a big Vessey Driver spinning death valley driver to Huggins and goes for the pinfall, with his teammates ensuring the pinfall isn't interrupted this time.

Bryan Vessey Wins at 15:24 via Pinfall

Grade: B

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/SammyBach_alt13Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Staff/Managers%20Alt%20Small/KarenKillerSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Hired%20Alt%20Small/Acid_alt9Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Hired%20Alt%20Small/HellMonkey_alt3Small.jpg

Sammy Bach, Karen Killer, Acid & Death Monkey

Backstage Promo

The foursome are on the backstage interview set. With Karen Killer wearing layers of makeup, Acid wearing his mask, and Death Monkey being, well, a monkey, Sammy Bach is the “normal” of the group. As far as that goes... The TCW International champion holds his belt as if its something he doesn't care about at all.

Sammy Bach: Ring around the rosey... Pockets full of posey... Husha husha... we all fall down...

Bach stops, grinning as he stares hard into the camera.

Sammy Bach: We. All. Fall. Down. Truth in a nursery rhyme. We all fall. And what do we do once that happens? We become free. And being free means embracing the true freak that you are.

Bach stops, looking at the trio behind him.

Sammy Bach: Freaks. Such a cruel label. But each of my unstable friends here have suffered it. And come to embrace it. To become it. It frees you. I was trying to teach that kind of freedom to Joshua Taylor. To have him understand just what the The Fall can give him... but he has proven an unwilling student. I did teach him of loss, when I took this belt from him. I will teach him of denial on Sunday, when I keep it from him. I could teach him so much more, if he would only have an open mind. Open mind or closed, you will lose on Sunday, Taylor. You will lose...

The camera fades out on Bach's odd grin.

Grade: B+

Kyle Rhodes: The weird ones are multiplying, it seems...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Hired%20Alt%20Small/FrankiePerez_alt17Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Hired%20Alt%20Small/MikeyJames_alt4Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Hired%20Alt%20Small/SamoanMachine_alt5Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Hired%20Alt%20Small/RhinoUmaga_alt5Small.jpg

The Cali Dragons vs Samoan Violence Unlimited

415 lbs total combined weight vs 560 lbs total combined weight

The Dragons give the impression that they truly believe they can win this match. And they do have a chance... which ends pretty much as soon as the bell rings and the match gets underway. Perez and James keep trying throughout the match, but they just can't manage to do much that's effective against the two powerhouse Samoans. The number one contenders for the TCW World Tag Team championships look the part here, as they look to simply overpower their smaller opponents. Although Bali So' and Rav Umaga are more than capable in terms of technical wrestling, they do none of that here. Its just overwhelming power-based offense that gives the Dragons little chance. Mikey James tries to go chop for chop with Bali and takes a couple vicious ones for his efforts. James takes a corner spear from Umaga right as he makes the tag. Perez delivers a springboard drop kick which stumbles the 305-pound Samoan a bit. Perez tries to follow it up with some offense, but he takes a big boot from Bali coming off the ropes by the Samoans corner. Bali tags in and ends up tossing Perez over the top rope to the floor right after he tags in James, seemingly by accident. Still reeling from the corner spear he took, “The Dragon” is fairly easy prey as he is pulled into the ring. After Bali softens him up a bit, the Samoan Violence Unlimited pair unveil their tandem finisher. Bali lifts the lightweight wrestler up for a dragon suplex, holding him up while Umaga comes through with a vicious looking lariat before Bali snaps the suplex through, bridging it right into the pin. The move is quick and nasty-looking, requiring perfect timing between the two Samoan monsters. As referee Sam Sparrow counts out the three, the commentators identify the tandem finisher as the Mamalu Malosi Paoa, which is Samoan for Strong Glorious Power.

Samoan Violence Unlimited Win at 9:22 via Pinfall

Kyle Rhodes: Those Samoans are quite a pair.

Jason Azaria: The New Wave will have their hands full on Sunday.

Kyle Rhodes: Not to mention that Sara Silver has promising to introduce two new members of Planet Silver...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/RickyDaleJohnson_alt12Small.jpg

Ricky Dale Johnson

In-Ring Promo

The Final Reckoning cell is again lowered onto the ring. The arena lights are lowered, with just a few spotlights shining down on the imposing structure, making it all the more menacing in the darkness. When Ricky Dale Johnson's familiar music begins to play, the crowd erupts. He makes his way down to the cage. Rather than step inside immediately, he makes a slow circuit around the outside, though there is little room between the walls and the security barrier. He then steps inside the cell, climbing inside the ring. He has a microphone, but it takes a moment before the crowd noises dies down.

Ricky Dale Johnson: My pa taught me a lot of things, like a good father should. One of things he taught is to know when to hold 'em... and to know when to fold 'em... to know when to walk away and know when to run...

RDJ stops, smirking....

Ricky Dale Johnson: Actually, it might have been Kenny Rogers who taught me that one. But my point is this.... I'm... not sure I have a point... They told me to come out here, stand inside this big ugly cell, and say a few words.... A few words....

He trails off, musing. Its rather unlike RDJ to not have a point to his promo.

Ricky Dale Johnson: No point, I guess. Just that this past month, a lot folks been asking me why I want to step inside this cell against Tommy. Why I want to end a war that's been goin' on for near a decade now. But everything has an end. Every journey has a destination. Some folks ask me how I can just forget all the things that have happened 'tween me and Cornell. Well, I can't...

The Texan brawler trails off for a moment...

Ricky Dale Johnson: “Hate” ain't a word you'll hear me say. Its a powerful word. If I had to say that I hate any one thing... any one person... I guess I would have to say that I hate Tommy Cornell. For what he's done to me and mine. For what he's pushed me to doing. But hate is a dark thing. Its a stain on your soul. A weight you got to carry all the time. And I'm getting' tired of carrying this. Like I said last month, I'm 40 now. Old enough. Old enough to want to look forward instead of back. To let go of the things that don't need to be carried no more. I've hated Tommy Cornell for long enough.

He stops, looking around at the cell that encloses both the ring and him.

Ricky Dale Johnson: Sunday, inside this cell... will be a destination. An end. A reckoning.

With a nod, he drops the microphone and makes his way out of the massive cell.

Grade: A*

Kyle Rhodes: Ricky Dale Johnson, The Lone Star Hero, seems quite serious. We should be in for a war on Sunday.

Jason Azaria: Two legends, one last time... indeed...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/AaronAndrews_alt3Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/EddiePeakSmall.jpg

6'2” + 244 lbs vs 6'5” + 325 lbs

Eddie Peak at his worst is a scary proposition. Eddie Peak when he is angry and motivated and looking to make a point is downright frightening. That's the kind of Eddie Peak that's in this match. Poor Aaron Andrews. He might be atop the alphabetical roster, but he's not topping anything here. Peak stalks, grins maniacally, punishes, then grins some more. The match goes longer than it needs to as “The Predator” looks to prove a point. Poor “Ace” takes his beating with a stoic determination, never really giving up. It doesn't matter much, as he down for the easy pinfall after taking a Peak of Perfection crucifix powerbomb.

Eddie Peak Wins at 8:21 via Pinfall

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/EddiePeakSmall.jpg

Eddie Peak

In-Ring Promo

Peak takes the microphone after his victory.

Eddie Peak: Last week, I was attacked by Tommy Cornell. Unprovoked. It cost me my match against Ricky Dale Johnson... There is only one man to blame... Ricky Dale Johnson...

Peak leers into the camera maniacally while the fans look confused.

Eddie Peak: Tommy Cornell was only doing what Tommy Cornell does. You cannot blame the man for following his nature. Another alpha dog defending his turf. Cornell did what his instincts told him he must - the blame belongs to Johnson for putting him in that situation. Then Johnson took advantage of the situation he created...

The fans boo... Peak suddenly “snaps”.

Eddie Peak: Shut the hell up! You are going to pay for last week, Johnson. When I finish up my game with little Benny Benson, I'm going to have a game for you.... and I don't think you're going to enjoy this game... Not at all...

He grins into the camera as the fans boo his twisted and illogical logic.

Jason Azaria: It looks like the road gets no easier for Ricky Dale Johnson.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/KoshiroInoSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/JoshuaTaylorSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/ElmoBenson_alt1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/SamKeith_alt12Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/RickLaw_alt24Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/TroyTornadoSmall.jpg

Burning Pride & Benny Benson vs Sam Keith, Rick Law & Troy Tornado

758 lbs total combined weight vs 777 lbs total combined weight

This one takes awhile to get started, as all three heels come out separately. Tornado, as usual, takes his sweet time. The babyface trio all come out together. When the match does get underway, its more even that anyone expects. It begins with Sam Keith and Koshiro Ino going back and forth with some nice exchanges and transitions. Keith seems to get frustrated that he really can't get the better of the big Japanese wrestler. Both teams tag in and out quite a bit as the match moves on. Joshua Taylor does quite well, taking it to Tornado with some rapid offense and gaining several near falls. Law and Ino, who still bear some bad blood, go after each other with fury. A few moments later, Benson manages to frustrate Sam Keith by using his quickness and elusiveness. That doesn't last too long, as he takes a boot from the apron from Law. They isolate Benson and work over the lightweight for a time, but he manages to tag Ino back in after a bit of drama. This leads to a great chop sequence between Keith and Ino. The end comes rather suddenly, as Benson takes a cheap shot from Keith, then gets double-teamed by Tornado and Law. “Captain Excitement” is thrown into security barrier outside the ring, leading to a brawl on the floor. While the other four battle outside the ring, Keith rolls Benson back onto the mat and locks in the Proton Lock, getting the tap and the win despite not being the legal man in the ring.

Sam Keith Wins at 14:21 via Submission

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/RickLaw_alt24Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/TroyTornadoSmall.jpg

Rick Law & Troy Tornado

In-Ring Promo

After the win, Rick Law and Troy Tornado stick around. Sam Keith stomps off, not in a good mood despite the win. There is a momentary disagreement between Law and Tornado over who will speak first... but that's not a disagreement that Tornado is likely to win.

Rick Law: Rocky Golden says he won't quit... that he will never quit. On Sunday, when I make him say those words, I am going to prove to all of you that Golden is a liar. I am going to make all of you understand what I've known for a long time...

The fans boo at the surly ex-cop.

Rick Law: I don't give a damn what you think....

With that, he drops the microphone and leaves the ring. The fans boo him on his way out of the arena. Tornado has to stoop to pick up the microphone, and he waits before he can talk, as the booing seems to switch from Law to “Hollywood”.

Troy Tornado: “Hollywood” loves you, too! If there is one thing you can always can out, its that “Hollywood” will always listen to the people. To the fans. To you! And what the people have told “Hollywood” is that they want to see Joey Minnesota defeated on Sunday more than they want to see Avatar 2, Titanic 2, or another Twilight movie.

The fans boo again. They really truly want to see another Twilight movie more than a Tornado win, apparently.

Troy Tornado: You know, its almost hard not to feel some sympathy for Joey Minnesota. First off, he's from Philly, which basically puts him behind from the start. Then he gets saddled with a stupid name... I mean, does anyone over the age of ten go by “Joey” anymore? Then he makes the worst mistake of his life when he challenged “Hollywood”.

He stops, glaring into the camera.

Troy Tornado: Minnesota, I'm going to make a star out of you... by completely destroying everything that you are.

With that threat, Tornado drops the microphone and leaves the ring.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/TommyCornell_alt5Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/WolfHawkins_alt3Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/RickyDaleJohnson_alt12Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/JoeyMinnesotaSmall.jpg

The Syndicate vs Freedom Fighters

493 lbs total combined weight vs 540 lbs total combined weight

The Syndicate duo emerge first, with the massive Dread following behind Cornell and Hawkins. They take their time coming down to the ring and climbing in. Dread remains on the outside rather than heave his massive bulk into the ring only to have climb back out. He slowly circles the ring while Hawkins and Cornell waste some time posing for the fans who clearly do not adore the pair. Those same fans, do however, love Ricky Dale Johnson and Joey Minnesota. The pair make the way down to the ring as the fans have the entire arena rocking. These two teams have put on some fantastic matches over the past eighteen months, and their match at Malice in Wonderland in January remains the top TCW match of the 2010 calendar year.

The crowd stays loud as the match gets underway. Its Tommy Cornell and Joey Minnesota who start the match, locking up with some intensity. Minnesota has faced Cornell a number of times in singles action and while he has done, he has never cleanly beaten TCW's ace, “Rough Justice”. The starting pair end up building into a nice back-and-forth chain wrestling sequence. Minnesota manges to hold his own, up until Cornell whips out some of his trademark dirty tricks. When RDJ is tagged in, he engages in a long staredown with Cornell, but after the long moment, the 5-time TCW champion smirks and tags in his young protege. Hawkins is able to get the better of veteran in terms of technical wrestling, but RDJ manages to draw the younger wrestler into a brawl and he does better once that happens. Much attention is paid throughout the match to the hulking mass of Dread moving around outside the ring, but he never actually interferes in the proceedings. It seems as though everyone is expecting tension to show through between Cornell and Hawkins, but they stay on the same page throughout the match. The opening ten minutes is back and forth between the two teams. The middle ten minutes is mostly The Syndicate pair, as they use a series of cheap shots to take control of the match. Hawkins goes for several pin attempts but never gets that close to the three count. Minnesota gets isolated for a time, but he only takes a moderate amount of damage because the determined “Philly Phenom” never stops battling. The final ten minutes are back and for the as the Freedom Fighters pair mount something of a comeback. The crowd is especially hot, urging the pair of favorites on. Things break down as all four men end up in the ring, brawling as referee Eugene Williams attempts to regain control. Cornell throws Minnesota threw the ropes, and he slams hard into the security barrier knee-first. RDJ is about to deliver his Southern Justice nadowa to Hawkins, but Cornell puts a stop to that with a blindside high knee. After a tandem suplex, Hawkins delivers his Full Moon Rising running Enzigiri kick, then “The Prodigy” makes his way back to the ring apron before he's disqualified. Cornell delivers his feared Rough Ride finisher, then pins Ricky Dale Johnson. The ref counts out the three as the fans boo.

The Syndicate Win at 32:31 via Pinfall

Kyle Rhodes: Once again, Tommy Cornell comes out on top against Ricky Dale Johnson... Is that a preview of what we will see inside the Final Reckoning cell on Sunday?

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Grade/grade_a.jpg

Post-Show Thoughts

-the main event ended up being the best match I've booked so far (graded 99 numerically). So close to an A* but not quite. My previous best was the same match on the Malice in Wonderland show (96). I could have been exploiting the hell out of this match if I was really concerned with just grabbing grades.

-the show was overall the second best I've booked... after Malice in Wonderland...

-thanks goes out to KenTheKiller (poster from another wrestling board) who gave me the suggestion for the Samoans MMP finisher.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Logos/TotalMark.jpg

Mark 16.0

Buying In?

“At the end of the day, professional wrestlers are nothing more than carnies and snake-oil salesmen.”

I don't recall where I first heard that statement, but there is some truth to it. But I truly believe that most fans are willing marks at this point. Kayfabe is dead. We aren't in the 1960s anymore, where the dirty secret of the business was violently protected. All but the most ignorant and/or willful fans realize at this point that its all “fake”. But yet people willingly suspend their disbelief while they watch. They choose to do so. And that suspension of disbelief is something that the wrestling business never ceases trying to take advantage of.

What I have started to find most interesting is where the fans will willingly be marks and where they will refuse to suspend their disbelief. It is not not always where you expect.

Given that its the biggest show of the year for TCW, the marketing for Total Mayhem XV is pretty intense. Although its a fairly deep card with some very good matches beyond the main event, its that main event which is the centerpiece of the marketing blitz. “Two Legends... One Last Time”.

The fact that this is going to be the last time that Tommy Cornell and Ricky Dale Johnson meet in a singles match in Total Championship Wrestling is the central aspect aspect of the marketing. For obvious reasons. Its been the defining feud for TCW for the past five six years, and played an important role even a couple of years before that. It easy to say that TCW would not be what it is today if not for the feud between Tommy Cornell and RDJ.

Another aspect that's being promoted pretty heavily is the ties to Total Mayhem X, when the Final Reckoning cell saw the final match between Sam Strong and Rip Chord. The circular history isn't as important in the marketing as “the last time” aspect, but its still being played up quite a bit. Its even been mentioned a few times now that it is actually the same cell that will be used on Sunday as was used back in 2005.

This is where the willingness of fans to believe what a promotion feeds them gets interesting. Judging by some of the stuff I've been reading on some of my favorite wrestling forums, a fairly significant percentage of fans do not believe that Cornell and RDJ will never face each other again. That doesn't seem to negate their interest in the match much, but its being looked at just another marketing ploy. The ties to the Strong-Chord match, particular using the exact same cell, seems to be accepted... and yes, such an inane things does generate discussion on some of the boards I frequent.

While I cannot say for certain that Cornell and Johnson will never wrestle each other one-on-one again, I can say that this is absolutely intended to be a final match to their epic feud. There are no plans to have them face each other again any time in the near future. Beyond that, its always possible. RDJ is 40 years old now, but he probably has at least another five years of high-level wrestling yet, while Cornell is only 31 years old. So assuming RDJ stays with TCW for the remainder of his career, another match seems entirely possible at some point. But that long-term possibility doesn't change the fact that the creative team is taking this match seriously as the “last one”.

Whereas the “same cage” claim that has been made several times – including in stories I wrote and posted on the TCW website, as instructed by The Boss – is patently false. A lie.

The intent was to use the same cell structure as the previous Final Reckoning match. The cell was thought to be in a storage structure where TCW keeps a lot of old equipment and set pieces, but when someone went to check about a month ago, it wasn't there. Turns out someone in the office had decided to clear up some space and gave the thing to a long-time ring tech who ended up selling it piece by piece on E-Buy. So the cell being used on Sunday was custom built in short order and at large cost. In terms of safety, that's a good thing – the original Final Reckoning cell was apparently not the sturdiest. Strong and Chord had to avoid to do much in the way of spots that used the cell walls, for fear the entire thing would collapse. The new cell is very sturdy. Its very similar to the original, but any wrestling historian (odd term, that a “fake” sport has historians) who takes the time to compare will easily see they are not the same structure.

What I find most frustrating about the whole situation, from the perspective of a mark, is that the lie was entirely unnecessary. I understand the historical connection is a nice little thing... but its a little thing. No one is buying the PPV for that reason. Bryant and The Boss had to know that, yet they decided to push forward with it all the same. Whenever someone involved in the creative process complains about fans not buying into what is being sold, I am going to be reminded of this.

For all their willingness to suspend disbelief and buy in, wrestling fans have been conditioned by promotions and promoters to be skeptical. To not believe. They have been lied to so many times. Every promotion in North American is guilty of it to some extent. The fact that TCW does it quite infrequently is one of the things I love about this promotion. The Supreme Wrestling Federation, on the other hand, is overt in their use of revisionist history and deception. Peter Michaels is one of the finest announcers in the business but he is also one of the least trustworthy – he'll talk about two wrestlers have never faced off before, despite the fact that they had a PPV match against each other a year ago, or crow about two brothers fighting each other for the time ever, ignoring a number of such matches they've had. SWF has used the "fake major injury" in matches so many times now that a lot of fans assume any injury is a work unless its undeniably obvious. Some fans have even been made so skeptical that they assume posted notices of wrestlers being released from their contracts are a work. These fans had been made so skeptical because of how many times the SWF has tried to "work them" by giving them something false.

Perhaps its just inherent to this business on this continent. The East Coast Wars are revered amongst many fans as some kind of wrestling nirvana, a perfect period that can never be replicated. But most of those east coast promotions were very sketchy – the promoters constantly screwed both fans and wrestlers. They used bait-and-switch tactics, intentional false advertising, oversold tickets, and a few times, canceled events without offering refunds. There are endless stories about wrestlers who didn't get paid by those promoters. Even Phil Vibert, who by far the best of that bunch, was not above it – its commonly known that Chris Morrisette still hasn't gotten paid for a couple of dates he worked for Danger and Violence Extreme in late 1997. The territorial days were even worse.

Pro wrestling fans have been tried like stupid blind marks by this business for so long that it is not surprising at all when they don't accept what they are given. When they choose not to suspend their disbelief. If that is lost completely, this business is done.

The Total Mark

Wednesday, Week 4 May 2010

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/PPV/TCWTotalMayhemXV.jpg

<object height="25" width="27">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XuBh1zwUUA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="25" width="27"></object>

Two Legends... One Last Time...

It doesn't get any bigger than this. Total Championship Wrestling's annual flagship event, Total Mayhem is turning fifteen this year. And its a birthday bash you won't want to miss.

There are many that proclaim The New Wave as the finest tag team in the world. For two and a half years, they have shown that in match after match in TCW. But they face a big test as they face Samoan Violence Unlimited. Under the guidance of Sara Silver, Bali So' and Rav Umaga have impressed since they arrived in TCW. If the Samoans manage to take the TCW World Tag Team championships from The New Wave, the debate as to the best in the world might be wide open again...

A month ago, Sammy Bach defeated Joshua Taylor and took the TCW International championship. It is said that remaining champion is always tougher than becoming champion, and "The Fallen" Sammy Bach certainly has a challenge ahead of him.

Arrogance versus pride. Sometimes its as simple as that. Troy Tornado and Joey Minnesota can't get along, so they will get it on. After several run-ins over the past month, the two will step into the TCW ring to settle their differences. The winner positions themselves nicely for a title shot, so the match does carry some importance.

As does that match between Koshiro Ino and Wolf Hawkins. These two have battled each other numerous times in the past, and neither wrestler has managed to maintain any degree of dominance.

As far as schoolyard bullies go, they don't get much scarier than Eddie Peak. Benny Benson claims he is not scared of "The Predator", and it takes some guts to step into the ring with him again after what happened two months ago. Giving up one hundred pounds, "Captain Excitement" best come in with a strong game plan if he is to have a chance.

Two legends... for the first time. "Shogun" Bryan Vessey and "The Living Legend" Sam Keith are two true legends of professional wrestling. Two of the finest ever to lace up some boots and step through the ropes. For the first time, they will face off. Its a match that many have been dreaming about for a long time. Will the stiff mat wrestling of Vessey prevail, or will the 48-year old Keith manage to make his much-feared Proton Lock win the day as it has so many times through years?

Last month, challenger Rick Law managed to push TCW World Heavyweight champion Rocky Golden to his limit. Now, in a "No Quit" match, he will try to push him past. Neither man has ever uttered those words in TCW. It will take a great deal to push either to the point of quitting in this one, in a feud that has already grown quite personal.

The main event that cannot be missed. The feud that has defined Total Championship Wrestling... for the final time. Tommy Cornell and Ricky Dale Johnson have inflicted every kind of pain and agony upon each other possible inside a wrestling ring. But inside the Final Reckoning cell, things are moving to another level. This is the kind of match which could leave both men changed forever.

The pay per view is available throughout the United States only on USA Free Choice. Don't miss out!

Samoan Violence Unlimited vs The New Wave

TCW World Tag Team Championship Match

Joshua Taylor vs Sammy Bach

TCW International Championship Match

Troy Tornado vs Joey Minnesota

Koshiro Ino vs Wolf Hawkins

Eddie Peak vs Benny Benson

Bryan Vessey vs Sam Keith

Rick Law vs Rocky Golden

"I Quit" Match for the TCW World Heavyweight Championship

Ricky Dale Johnson vs Tommy Cornell

Final Reckoning Cell Match