Total Championship Wrestling: Tuesday Night Wars

great post , BP. Very marky if that's what your were going for good job!:D

Indeed I was going for a "marky" feel. The narrator wasn't given the name "The Total Mark" by coincidence.

The Mark is going to be less of an individual focus in the backstage segment than Avatar was in Generation Supreme. But I wanted readers to still have some understanding of the character. To understand that he's not just part of the TCW team, but also a fan. And that it colors a lot of what he says and does.

I was hesitant to give a background like I did, but I like the idea of fan being made by their environment, much like a passionate NFL fan might have been made that way by their environment (family, location, etc). I wanted this to come across right away, instead of gradually revealing it over time...

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed I was going for a "marky" feel. The narrator wasn't given the name "The Total Mark" by coincidence.

The Mark is going to be less of an individual focus in the backstage segment than Avatar was in Generation Supreme. But I wanted readers to still have some understanding of the character. To understand that he's not just part of the TCW team, but also a fan. And that it colors a lot of what he says and does.

I was hesitant to give a background like I did, but I like the idea of fan being made by their environment, much like a passionate NFL fan might have been made that way by their environment (family, location, etc). I wanted this to come across right away, instead of gradually revealing it over time...

I was being sarcastic when I said that:p. But It was a great post, was not being sarcastic on that note.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Logos/TotalMark.jpg

Mark 3.0

Recruiting an Army

"Sit down."

It wasn't much of a greeting. Then again, Cornell rarely bothered with the pleasantries with me. I couldn't ever quite say why. It never bothered me in the least, and perhaps that's all it came down to.

After I took a seat across from him, Tommy Cornell sat up in his chair behind his impressive oak desk and leveled his gaze upon me. It was the steely gaze which weakened the knees of many an opponent. Was I an opponent now?

There was a bit of a silence. I waited it out - Cornell's approach unnerved many people, but I was fairly used to it by now. I met his gaze, then glanced around his office. There was actually nothing in the office to give away that its occupant was not simply a professional wrestler, but arguably the greatest professional wrestler in the world. The photos on the wall were family photos and a few of Cornell with some notable celebrities. It always amused me that many of the celebrities were British ones who would be unrecognized by man Americans. The décor was simple but tasteful. Nothing opulent or garish. It was a start contrast to Richard Eisen's palatial "office". Not that I ever been in there, but I've seen pictures, and the place looks like it belongs to Gordon Gecko, trying to impress or intimidate everyone who walked through his door.

"You have some work," the Boss grunted at me after a moment. He slowly reached into drawer on the desk and pulled out a stack of file folders. With dramatically slow grace, he reached across the the desk and held them out to me. I took them.

I began to flip through the files. Each one was a scouting report on a wrestler. Clipped inside each folder were scouting reports from various sources, pictures, etc. The sources were almost comically varied. Some of the reports were professionally-written scouting reports. Others looked like notes scribbled on scrap paper and faxed in to wherever. There were emails which had been forwarded multiple times before they were printed. Printed show reviews from various websites. Information from everywhere. The pictures were similarly varied - some were professionally portraits or action shots, and at the other end of the spectrum were pics that looked like someone took them on a cell phone and then printed them on a mini-printer... which was probably the case. Such is the wacky world of professional wrestling.

"Know 'em?" the Boss demanded?

"Uh, some," I answered, still flipping through.

The truth was that I recognized all of them, but to varying extents. There were some who's work I was quite familiar with and had even seen perform live. Others who I knew just by name, having seen them on the result sheets on some obscure wrestling websites. My knowledge of the world of wrestling is extensive and even covers the obscure corners. I could not help but wonder why Cornell was handing me these.

I didn't wonder long. "Get to know 'em, then," he told me bluntly.

"These the kids we're looking at bringing in?"

A slight shake of the head. He told me, "These are the kids that are coming in."

"Oh."

With some of them, like Sam's kids and some of the young guys trained by Chord, that made sense. They were very obvious choices. But some of the others made less sense. Did we know enough about them to make an actual offer worthwhile? It was a risk. I thought back to Vessey's suggestion in the meeting, about throwing around offers for workers to come in and train at the dojo. Would that have not been a better plan with some of these kids? Of course, I wasn't about to voice these concerns directly to the Boss.

He explained his expectations of me here. "Take a look through 'em. Study 'em, even. You need hype these kids. Some stories for the website - "TCW thrilled to sign future world champion"... that sort of bollocks. Make the fans know 'em before they show up on TV. Make the marks care."

Make the marks care... that was pretty much always my job, one way or the other. I nodded slowly. That sounded a bit heavy-handed, but I knew what Cornell meant. What he wanted.

"These kids the real deal?" I asked, still flipping through the folders.

"Some are," was Cornell's carefully-weighted answer. "We just got to find out which ones." The man should be a politician.

"Right," I laughed.

"Check up with Joel. He'll lay out the a bit of the plans we have for these ones. Make sure you don't muck up the info. He'll let you know who's coming right up and who's going to FTW," the Boss explained.

"Uh, FTW?"

"Don''t ask," was the blunt response. Okay, then. Need to know... and I apparently didn't need to know.

I nodded. I stopped flipping when I came near the bottom. Not all of these were kids. Some were fairly experienced workers. A couple of the last ones stopped me cold. I held one of them up, showing off the sexy glamor picture inside. "Are we opening up a women's division now, boss?" I asked with a laugh.

"Nah, Cornell answered dismissively. He didn't see the humor there that I did. "Manager, then. Keith's storyline."

I nodded. I knew even from past discussions that the Boss wanted to bring in more managers. But talented women's wrestlers to fill those roles?

"These two can't be coming cheap," I observed.

"They ain't," Cornell shrugged. "But they also won't break us."

"Wouldn't actual managers be preferrable."

Another hard level stare. "Yeah, it would. Find me some and we'll talk."

Ouch. Touched a nerve there. Ah well. I've never walked on eggshells around the Boss and I'm not about to start now. So I responded with just, "Touche."

Though he didn't need to explain any further on the topic, Cornell did. He told me, "The women know why they are being brought in. No secrets, then. They get a chance for some mainstream exposure. We get people who know the business, can cut a promo, and look good doing it. Little chance most of the fans know where they worked before. Its easier than finding someone off the street and training them."

I nodded. All valid. Did it really matter much if a couple fans in attendance recognized them as being part of some women's promotions before? No, not really. Didn't it matter that a few had worked as exotic dancers before becoming wrestlers? It might, but I assumed Cornell knew about their history and if he was still willing to bring them, he was the Boss.

My relationship with the Boss was a bit of a strange one, and moments like this reminded me of that fact. While he rarely spared the charm with me, he did often take the time to explain things more than he really needed to. He tended to drop knowledge on me, explaining the logic behind decisions so I could see the bigger picture that I might not otherwise catch. I've never been quite sure why, though. My hope was that he was quietly grooming me for a bigger role in the company down the road. More realistically, he was doing it for my role as the TCW scribe, with the idea I would some day ghost-write his autobiography.

I glanced back down at the pile of file folders in my lap. Cornell nodded at them. "Do those right," he said gravely. "They're our future. Our army."

I nodded. I thought back to a conversation we had months ago. It was right around the time the whole issue with the investors was blowing up into a big mess. Cornell had laid out for me his vision of what TCW would eventually become. While big hosses who could work would always have a place in Total, he explained, he wanted to build around athletic middleweights. Guys like Rock and Rick might be the face of the promotion, so long as he could keep Eisen away from them. It would be those athletic middleweights who could do 60-minute broadways night after night who would be the core of TCW. Guys like Wolf, Taylor, and even stupid Joey Minnesota fit the bill. So did most of the workers that we seemed to have just hired.

Perhaps the "new empire" wasn't just talk. Perhaps Cornell was taking another step forward toward actualizing his vision of Total Championship Wrestling. Good tidings, indeed...

I was shaken from this musing by the Boss, ordering, "Go talk to Joel. I got calls to make."

"Phoning these kids to tell them their dreams are coming true?" I asked jokingly.

"No, calling promoters to tell them I'm stealing their talent."

"Oh."

"Never create an enemy you don't need to," Cornell advised me. I nodded, as more knowledge was dropped on me. "Promoters have long memories. It's a sign of respect to tell another promoter yourself when you are raiding them for talent. Never let 'em find out from the talent. Guys like Anderson and Winner can't do anything much to hurt us today. But next year? Or five years? Never know, right. Don't give them a reason."

I nodded at this, then took my leave of the Boss. As I headed down the hallway towards Joel's much smaller office down the hall, where there was simply no doubt what he did. Wrestling memorabilia filled the place. As I walked, I considered the closing advice from Cornell.... And wondered whether Richard Eisen had ever shown him that level of respect. Maybe someday I'll Tommy if he got that phone call when Jack Bruce left...

Then again, some questions are better left unasked...

The Total Mark

Saturday, Week 3, January 2010

Good stuff. Tommy Cornell is coming accross as more of a grumpy sod by the minute. :p

Well, you didn't really expect the great wrestler in the world - who has a whole damned universe named after him - to be a nice guy, did you?

Stupid, stupid Joey Minnesota.

The poor guy just can't help himself... He's just not that bright...

I'm enjoying the build BP, these Total Mark's are making for great reading. I can't wait to see how the in-ring world develops with all these 'kids'!

Thanks. I don't want to give much away, but I will say that the approach I'm taking with the young talent will be notably different than what I did with Generation Supreme.

As well, for those reading and thinking "hey, enough with the backstage fluff stuff, get on with the shows already"... we're getting there. I have one more Total Mark segment I want to do, and it will likely be up tomorrow. Then we'll get to the actual show preview, with the show itself hopefully this weekend or early next week. I wanted to use the Mark segments as a way to introduce a bunch of things, many of which will be important down the road.

The poor guy just can't help himself... He's just not that bright...

Minnesota will show you the Minnesota Salute for that ;)

I'm looking forward to this diary as loved your SWF one, TCW has to be my favourite promotion to play with as it just fits exactly how I like wrestling to be and the roster is spot on, especially with Bryan Vessey signing up.

Guest cmdrsam
5 pages and we dont even have a show up yet. Gesh, who made you a dynasty great? O wait, mm, you did by your excellent posts. Great stuff as usual.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Logos/TotalMark.jpg

Mark 4.0

A Cornerstone

I've never had any love for the Supreme Wrestling Federation. Unlike many wrestling fans who dislike the Eisen empire, I've never seen them as “evil”. I've never even seen their approach as “wrong”. Its just different. I grew up watching a more realistic style of professional wrestling and the cartoonish antics of Supreme universe never really appealed to me.

That said, I've always managed to follow along. I've always found some reason. Through the mid 90s, there was nothing else on mainstream TV for wrestling. I obviously gave preference to HGC after the start of 1997, but usually found a way to watch the SWF as well – justifying it as wanting to see guys like Sean McFly, Sam Keith, and Christian Faith work. Plus, when I bashed the SWF on my website, I wanted to do so knowledgeably. By the early part of this decade, I could TiVo Supreme TV or catch one of the endless replays that C.A.N.N. tends to show late at night a couple of times per week. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch, yet manged to watch more often than not.

Since I actually became a part of TCW, I still watch quite often. It feels... dirty... Like cheating on a girlfriend. I often watch it late at night, hunkered down in the dark of my apartment, like I'm afraid that someone will burst through my front door and bust me cheating on my employer and true love...

After a tough Friday at TWCHQ, I came late with a bag of fast food. I lead such an exciting life. Settling onto the couch, I figured I'd clear Tuesday's Supreme TV off the TiVo... by watching it. I knew from the reviews that it hasn't been a great show, and it lead into a mediocre Nothing to Lose pay per view last night. Typically, the highlight of the show was an angle – a pretty good brawl between Eric Eisen and Christian Faith. I had to give Peter Michaels credit – he was doing a respectable job of making Eric look like a credible champion. Remo went over Jack Bruce in a fairly short match in the semi main event, and then a forgettable main event between Steve Frehley and Marat Kholov. I knew it ended in a no contest, but was disappointed in the actual quality of the match. For all his SWF success, Frehley just isn't that great in the ring and he couldn't carry the monstrous Russian the way that Faith or Money or even Bruce could.

Just as the Eisen-lead melee that resulted in the no contest began, my phone rang. I jumped, caught in the act. I paused the messy spectacle on my HDTV and answered.

“Aren't supposed to be out having a life?” my father demanded, before he laughed.

“Too busy for a life,” I answered. “Gotta fly out tomorrow. Busy day today.”

“So you're at home, eating junk food and watching wrestling,” he guessed.

“Yeah, right,” I muttered. A few flicks of the my thumb and not only was Supreme TV gone from my Samsung, but deleted as well.

“Where you headed tomorrow?”

We talked about where the next two weeks would take me. I would barely be back in LA until the start of March. I enjoyed going out on the road but it gets old quickly. Few fans understand the rigors of traveling that wrestlers and crew face. It wears me down, and I don't travel half as much as most of the workers and crew.

I talk to my father on a regular basis. At least once a week. It used to be as easy to walking down the hallway. Not any longer. I talk to my mother less frequently. I don't love her any less. Unfortunately, a decade and a half of watching high school kids get corrupted and make poor choices has made my mother paranoid. So every conversation we have somehow becomes me having to assure her that I won't get stabbed in the throat by a random thug at a TCW show, nor catch an incurable venereal disease from the unclean women I must be spending time with here in LA. Mom basically makes it more effort than its worth. I guess its always been that way - my mother worrying about everything while my dad is the laid-back voice of reason. Thankfully, I take after my father more than my mother. A great deal more.

Our conversation meandered. We reminisced about one of the many road trips we had taken, then talked about my sister and her kids. I saw my nephews far too rarely. I heard my mother holler something at my dad in the background. We both simply ignored her.

Four years ago, my parents reconciled and my father moved back to Calgary. He got tired of living in LA, and technology meant that he could work for the magazine publisher anywhere. He worked less, anyway. It really came down to my parents both realizing that growing old alone was a very lonely thought, though I doubt either would admit that brought them back together.

Our conversation meandered back to the business, as it always did. My father found it endlessly amusing that I had somehow ended up working for Total Championship Wrestling... and yet still remained the same fan I always had been. Apparently actually being part of the business is supposed to leave you jaded and maybe even bitter.

My father reiterated his opinion on January's Malice in Wonderland pay per view – a solid show overall, but a disappointing lineup for one of TCW's biggest show of the year. I couldn't really argue with it. While the show turned out to be very solid, it didn't look any more more notable than any other TCW PPV on paper. “Hope they can come up with something better for Total Mayhem,” dad commented. If he was fishing for hints, I wasn't about to bite. My response was the same as it always was when dad brings up TCW booking plans – wait and see.

Changing the topic slightly, dad asked me, “Is it true about Keith's kids?”

“Yeah,” I confirmed. “Got both of them.”

“That took long enough.”

“Yeah, well, apparently they wanted to put some time in before making the step up,” I told him.

“I hear they're good. Damned good.”

“You don't hear wrong,” I confirmed. Unbelievably talented for being so young. Then again, of Tommy's new “army”, they aren't the only ones with impressive talent.

“Now what's this FTW thing I hear about?” dad demanded.

Although Cornell and Bryant has apparently been working on it for months, but it had only finally been announced last week. Those men can keep a secret. I explained, “Its a development territory for TCW. Like what Eisen has with Rhode Island.”

“Hmm,” was the response. “Though you had a deal with Chord for that.”

“Well, we do. I think Cornell just wanted more control over things.”

“Did Campbell really sign on for it?”

“Yeah.”

“But he's not running the show?”

“No.”

“And they gave Martin the book?”

“Apparently.”

“Huh.”

Although the official announcement was made last Friday, news of the development territory found its way around TCWHQ the day before. Not all of the details, however. When people found out that the likes of John “Nemesis” Campbell and Eric Tyler were involved, it was assumed they would be running the promotion for Cornell. Instead, masked “ninja” Fumihiro Ota was running the promotion. And he had selected Johnny Martin to book things.

“So why Ota?” my father asked.

“Apparently he's quite the businessman,” I explained. “He has a couple of different businesses projects that he's done quite well with. Its what he's been doing for the past five years, for the most part.”

“Wonder if he wears the mask while dealing with day-to-day operations,” my dad joked.

“He does,” I answered, quite serious.

“So did you actually meet Campbell?”

“No.” I had expected the question – my father had been quite the mark for Danger and Violence Extreme, and a big fan of the work of Nemesis. Vibert's eventual failure had left my father a bit jaded. “Saw him, though. Looks like he put some weight on.” No response to that.

Although no one was giving out specific details, my understanding was that Campbell and Tyler were contracted directly to TCW and were primarily intended to act as trainers. Tyler would likely work as a color commentator on the shows, but Nemesis might have little to do with the actual FTW shows. He apparently just wasn't the same guy he had been – he poured everything of himself into DaVE and having it fail wrecked him. Working as a trainer in FTW was a way for him to get back into the business without being put in a high-pressure situation, like joining TCW itself would be. At least, that was my perception of the situation.

“So is this going to let you guys catch Eisen finally?”

“No, probably not,” I admitted. “But its a step forward.”.

An empire needs an army. An army needs to be trained. Full Throttle Wrestling is where the Total Army will be molded.

“You going to have anything to do with it?”

“Don't know,” I answered. “I doubt it. They're doing it as their own deal. They'll have their own shows, their own website, all of that. The idea is for them to stand on their own. I don't even know if I can get into their shows for free.”

“Speaking of shows, tell Cornell that his match shouldn't be the main event at the next pay per view,” dad told me gruffly.

“Yeah, I'll get right on that,” I lied.

“I better go, or you mother is gonna grab the phone.” We bid each other goodbye.

Bed beckoned. It wasn't that late, not even midnight. But I was tired and tomorrow would be a long day. Followed by a long series of long days.

With a shiny new development territory, TCW was taking another step forward. Despite my reservations about actually happening last month, it seems like its a reality. Not just idle talk and status quo.

The pieces are coming together. Now its up to Cornell, Bryant, and the rest to make it work.

The Total Mark

Friday, Week 2, February 2010

Great er, article? What do you call them? Either way, it's setting things up nicely. I really like how worker's real names are used when people are talking backstage, makes things feel a bit more real. All through I've been resisting the urge to write a fairly obvious pun with FTW, I think I'll leave it for someone else...:D

By the way, we don't know who the Mark's Dad actually is do we? I didn't miss a paragraph somewhere?

Great er, article? What do you call them? Either way, it's setting things up nicely. I really like how worker's real names are used when people are talking backstage, makes things feel a bit more real. All through I've been resisting the urge to write a fairly obvious pun with FTW, I think I'll leave it for someone else...:D

By the way, we don't know who the Mark's Dad actually is do we? I didn't miss a paragraph somewhere?

Thanks. I'm not even sure what to call them... I just consider them "segments". I decided to do several of these to lay out some groundwork and to throw some things out there. I considered doing details like FTW, the "predictable" card of Malice in Wonderland, etc, as website articles of some type. I figured this was a bit different, plus it adds some depth to the Mark narrator.

I thought of the "FTW" connation when I was creating the develompent territory. I figured it still worked. I was intending to wait 4-5 months into the game before creating one, thinking I would want to spend the $5 million to make it as big as possible. Then I reconsidered and made money a bit faster than expected, so I did it now. I mulled over the different logos that Kam has done, and it came down to FTW, Warrior Spirit, and the DOA logo done for E-V's created promotion. I figured Full Throttle Wrestling would work for a promotion trying to appeal to LA fans using an "amped-up" version of TCW's updated traditional wrestling.

I did expect either Nemesis or Tyler to take over. Didn't realize that Nemesis isn't like to be an owner. I might have edited otherwise. But Ota works too.

You didn't get much detail about the Mark's father. You might get a bit more down the road, but its unlikely to be an exciting reveal or anything.

Next up : preview for the first actual show of the diary!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/PPV/TCWWartoSettle.jpg

<object width="27" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bDAcEgRj8A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="27" height="25"></object>

Things are about to get hot in Las Vegas, as Total Championship Wrestling once again invades the Nevada State Armoury. Debts will be settled. Feuds will end. It is... The War to Settle the Score 2010.

For five months now, Eddie Peak and Bryan Vessey have been locked in an endless war of attrition. Their battles have been violent, bloody, and memorable. The man who gleefully calls himself "The Predator" has done everything in his power to make Vessey's return to TCW hell... but "Shogun" is having none of it. One man triumphs this night to end this war.

Few feuds have the venom of former tag team partners. Koshiro Ino is a man of honor, following a traditional Bushido code. A betrayal like that of Rick Law is not forgotten or forgiven. "The Kobra" has been seeking his retribution for eighteen months now, without gaining sanctification. The man once known as the "Guardian Angel of TCW" has become the "Guardian Devil" and looks to unleash more "New York Justice" on the Japanese wrestler. Will honor triumph... or Law's unique brand of "justice" once again win out?

You don't mess with Hollywood. Since he scored an upset win over "Hollywood" Troy Tornado, Benny Benson has been on the run. He has been hounded constantly by the Hellfire Club, after Tornado convinced Eddie Peak and his minions to unleash hell on the newcomer. The lightweight competitor dubbed "Captain Excitement" was easy prey for Tornado a month ago at Malice in Wonderland, after a pre-match attack by Peak and Genghis Rahn. The Hellfire Club is banned from ringside tonight, under order from the Home Office. Tornado and Benson will settle things in a Ladder War. Unlike a standard ladder match, there is no object to retrieve. There are no disqualifications, count outs, or submissions.

Sometimes a joke is no joke. Not long after he won the TCW World Heavyweight championship, Rocky Golden laughed off a challenge from veteran Sam Keith, making fun of the age of "The Living Legend". Old or not, Keith has a long memory and carries a grudge. He is determined to take the belt from Golden. At Malice in Wonderland, the two did battle and a pretty brunette at ringside almost cost "Rock" the match... The woman has been seen at several TCW shows since and could play a role once again...

For nearly two years, The Syndicate dominated Total Championship Wrestling. The stable run by Tommy Cornell was intent on taking control of TCW and nearly succeeded. Ricky Dale Johnson earned the moniker "Mr. TCW" by standing up against the tyranny of Cornell and associates, bringing the stable to a bitter. The last vestige is the unshakable alliance between Cornell and his protege, Wolf Hawkins. If RDJ has his way, that will be over as well after The War to Settle the Score. Three weeks ago, Johnson threw out a challenge... two matches at the pay per view, both 2 out of 3 falls. One pitting Joey Minnesota against Wolf Hawkins and the other another battle between eternal rivals Cornell and Johnson. Whichever of the two sides ends up with more falls will be considered victorious. If The Syndicate prevails, neither Johnson nor Minnesota will be able to challenge either Cornell or Hawkins in TCW again. If the Freedom Fighters win, then Cornell and Hawkins are not only banned for teaming together, but will not be allowed to associate together in any manner. To everyone's shock, Cornell accepted the challenge and the pair of 2 out of 3 falls matches were sanctioned by the Home Office, along with the agreed consequences. One way or the other, these two matches will change things in Total Championship Wrestling.

Tickets are still available - visit TCW.com to purchase. The pay per view is available throughout the United States only on USA Free Choice. Don't miss out!

Eddie Peak vs Bryan Vessey

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

Troy Tornado vs Benny Benson

Ladder War Match

Joey Minnesota vs Wolf Hawkins

2 out of 3 Falls Match

Sam Keith vs Rocky Golden

TCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Ricky Dale Johnson vs Tommy Cornell

2 out of 3 Falls Match

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

Tough Call on this one but I will go with Rick Law

Ladder War Match

2 out of 3 Falls Match

2 out of 3 Falls Match

Preds

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

Ladder War Match

2 out of 3 Falls Match

2 out of 3 Falls Match

I believe Peak is going to get a much deserved push. Vessey is just to hard to trust to give this momentum to.

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

Could go either way but Im saying Law in this one.

Ladder War Match

Since its a ladder match Benson has to win the one, right?

2 out of 3 Falls Match

I believe we see a series split. I cant see Hawkins/Cornell not having any alliance nor can I see you booking something that would keep 4 of the top wrestlers in the company out of matches together.

Rocky wont hold the belt long but he's not losing this one.

See my note under Minnesota/Hawkins. Could also see RDJ winning this and Hawkins winning above. The drama of Cornell having to win to save the relationship with Hawkins is more interesting to me though.

Just got done reading the opening, awesome. I can't wait. Now for my picks;

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

Ladder War Match

2 out of 3 Falls Match

2 out of 3 Falls Match

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

Ladder War Match

2 out of 3 Falls Match

2 out of 3 Falls Match

- because I mark hardcore for Eddie.

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

- I don't know. I like the Kobra but a heel Law seems to have potential.

Ladder War Match

- ELMOOOOO

2 out of 3 Falls Match

- If I'm correct, Wolf is actually less of a **** then Joey.

- Keith is definitely one of my top three C-Verse faves. I know he's old and whatnot, but he's a better choice for World champ than Rocky. Plus, he's Sam Goddamn Keith!

2 out of 3 Falls Match

- How could Tommy lose?

It's good your back in the dynasty world, Papa. If this comes anywhere close to your SWF, it'll be a bonafide classic.

I still remember the "Great White Shark"!

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

Toss up.

Ladder War Match

Just because his last name is Tornado.

2 out of 3 Falls Match

Wolf wins two to one.

Golden wins due to Sam's age.

2 out of 3 Falls Match

RDJ wins two to zero. And that's the bottom line, 'cause RDJ said so!

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

Ladder War Match

2 out of 3 Falls Match

2 out of 3 Falls Match

I hope the syndicate win, keeping RDJ & Joey away from them would be interesting.

Also interesting writeup behind the Rocky and Keith feud, the laughing off etc makes Rocky sound like the bad guy, but between those two with this story it's hard not to. I'm sure there'd be some in the crowd rooting for the veteran at least =D

Archived