RELEASE: Cornellverse 1997 (CV97)

I borrowed the lineages in Mexico from the original 70s mod as they had done a lot of work on the area and I really liked it. Everything after that up to 1997 is from me, though I have to admit I don't really know much about lucha in real life so if you're looking for any comparisons or anything I'll be close to useless. :)

And as always, just in case it needs to be said, feel free to take anything you want from the mod. :)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And as always, just in case it needs to be said, feel free to take anything you want from the mod. :)

Trust me, the CV2001 mod is basically all your hard work just with several layers piled on top of it. If I didn't have the CV97 mod as a starting point things would have taken twice as long, and considering the pace I've set by the time I'd be done everyone interested would be long dead :rolleyes:

I was just asking about the Mexican Lineages because actually they're rather good, and I'll be continuing them on up to 2001.

:D I'm glad someone likes them. Mexico is an often overlooked part of the gameworld so for anyone to notice anything going on down there makes me happy. I'm still looking forward to seeing your 2001 mod, should be fun to see what you've done with the gameworld between 97 and the start of any real canon. :)

Yeah Mexico is pretty much the last major competent to the CV2001 mod and I'm working away at it at this very moment. On one hand I'm trying to make it interesting to play as (I've imported one or two guys from the CV77 mod to play the role of veterans for one thing), but on the other hand I'm very aware that in the C-Verse canon 2002 to about 2005 there was a major slump in Lucha Libre that would directly lead to the three companies coming together and agreeing to the "Lucha Draft".

My deadline (which I'm very hopefully of meeting, perhaps even beating) is July 1st; exactly 10 years from the start date of the mod.

I've picked up on a slight mistake in the data. In the default CVerse, the Gilbert brothers, Joe and Jesse, are both born in July 1980. In CV97, they've been set as July 1970 - so they're the same age as they are in the default database when they should only be around 16/7.

Sorry if this has come up before.

Actually this is something I've picked up while making the CV2001 mod; Ryland changed numberous ages of people when he did TEW10, however I believe the CV97 boys when they were doing CV97 for TEW10 must have converted the data from TEW08, which still had the old ages. Therefore there's a gap between the old ages and the "real" ages of many characters now.

Yeah Mexico is pretty much the last major competent to the CV2001 mod and I'm working away at it at this very moment. On one hand I'm trying to make it interesting to play as (I've imported one or two guys from the CV77 mod to play the role of veterans for one thing), but on the other hand I'm very aware that in the C-Verse canon 2002 to about 2005 there was a major slump in Lucha Libre that would directly lead to the three companies coming together and agreeing to the "Lucha Draft".

My deadline (which I'm very hopefully of meeting, perhaps even beating) is July 1st; exactly 10 years from the start date of the mod.

That soon? Awesome, this is one I'm really looking forward to!

• 3 weeks later...

Derek B, this is awesome! I know this is way out of left field but my laptop crashed so then had to resort to the 2005 freeware. Although, it got me really interested in playing as DAVE.

Hence, now that I've played at least two months (even though my booking really sucks right now) it's a lot of fun especially since the load time is still the same as the default verse. If there's anything that annoys me about getting MODs is when the load time starts to drag out.

Obviously, it's got some minor annoyances (some pics not showing up) it still seems like a great MOD.

Thanks for the kind words. If you're looking for an ultimate DAVE experience you might want to check out the Cornellverse 2001 that The Celt has recently released. It has DAVE at what is one of their peak times and the data is based off fo this so it should play in a similar fashion too :)

• 6 months later...
By my records I'm still missing the following renders:

Top Cat Aguila definitely has a render in the 70s mod (because I made an alt for a new one). Pretty sure Pedro Ortiz does too (if I remember rightly he's got an afro + moustache thing going on). Not sure about the others :)

I think Karma also has a render somewhere. Is it not in the thread? Anyway, loved the mod. Back in the day, the C-Verse was really fine. Especially how you know some 'specific' talents will turn out to be great, building a superorganisation full of elite workers. Life as a booker was a little too easy back then. :p

i couldnt find Renato Reyes or SHIRO so i made some myself to fill the empty spaces.im undecided if i like the SHIRO with the shirt or without so posted both.hope they work.

Renato Reyes

http://img108.imagevenue.com/loc199/th_312300449_RenatoReyes_122_199lo.jpg

SHIRO

http://img276.imagevenue.com/loc402/th_312301721_SHIRO2_122_402lo.jpg

SHIRO(alt)

http://img216.imagevenue.com/loc471/th_312302835_SHIRO_122_471lo.jpg

• 7 months later...

So, it's been a while since I've looked at the mod but I figure I should probably start putting together ideas and whatnot for a TEW13 version of it. I've got some ideas for areas of the mod that need worked on, though they are mostly minor things like movesets and the like.

I've got some fairly detailed notes on bits and pieces already but there's loads of room for suggestions. as long as they don't interfere with events that definitely happened in the Cornellverse canon. I know I've generally done most of the work on this mod by myself with little outside influence but the more input you guys give the better I can make it. I won't use every idea but I'm looking to incorporate more into the gameworld to make it feel even more alive than it already does. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why you'd be having problems with the download, it's working fine for me. Though I have noticed that Sendspace has quite a few adverts/links on it, the one you need is the one that says "Click here to start download from sendspace". :)

Australia is in the mod, but there are no active promotions at gamestart due to the fairly thin talent pool. There are several future promotions in the data though, so things should get interesting down there within a few years.

Australia is in the mod, but there are no active promotions at gamestart due to the fairly thin talent pool. There are several future promotions in the data though, so things should get interesting down there within a few years.

Is it because there are not enough people from the past due to Australia being new to the C-Verse (Well new when compared to the other regions.)? If that is the case, you could always add filler guys like MR. T and company did with the 77 mod.

Is it because there are not enough people from the past due to Australia being new to the C-Verse (Well new when compared to the other regions.)? If that is the case, you could always add filler guys like MR. T and company did with the 77 mod.

Pretty much exactly that. The Cornellverse lacks in veteran talents to the 97 mod has always been relatively short on workers as it means adding a lot of them. Most of the historical mods only came out after I'd completed the TEW10 version of the mod so I've not gotten around to stealing stuff from other mods yet, though the 70s mod has pretty strong representation in it already since it's been out for a while. :)

I'm going to be starting a thread in the TEW13 section to encourage people to make suggestions for characters from other Cverse mords to add to this mod so that I can flesh out the free agent pool around the world and add a couple of promotions too. Even with the number of people debuting constantly in this mod, the starting pool of workers always feels a little thin to me so boosting it would make me pretty happy. If you've got any suggestions for particular workers, post in here to let me know. :D

• 3 months later...

Archived