Junior CC: Black Cobra vs Marihito Masuko

Chuichi Sanda vs Eiji Hamacho

Elemental III vs Tasuku Iesada

Optimum Impact vs Little Fury vs Universal Excellence

Kanishoki vs Red Panther

Fuganaga, Shibanumo & Koyama vs Kataoka, Sotomura & Yoshikawa

<!-- / message -->

World Championship: Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Shimedzu

While Shimedzu will make a strong effort here, the eventual path is to a Nakasawa-Kikkawa showdown, and Nakasawa will hold the belt till at least then. ( He's actually never lost it in my save, and has had an epic three plus year reign so far.)

King of Fighters: Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs Kinnojo Horri

Horri is one of the few that Kikkawa would consent to lose to, and this would free him up to challenge Nakasawa. The KoF title is still second fiddle to the Burning World Championship.

Junior Championship: Sensational Dragon vs John Pathlow

Pathlow has had a good ride on Kikkawa's coattails, and it's probably done wonders for his popularity abroad, but I don't see him as the one dethroning Dragon.

CC Spot Challenge: Masaaki Okazaki vs Miyamae

Okazaki may be the #3 in Inspire, but he isn't giving up his spot yet.

Taira, Masuno, Kiyaru & Scorpion vs Toshusai, Onodera, Kokan & Konda

Challengers get the victory here to set up title challenges on the next major show.

Cobra has been strong over the past few months, but he has already had a couple shots at the Junior title and hasn't gotten it done. I see Masuko getting the win to push him to the #1 challenger spot here.

I mark more for the Ha-macho man.

This is a difference of overness in favor of Iesada.

OI need to get a win as they have lost the last two or three times.

Kanishoki vs Red Panther

While this will probably be a Kanishoki squash, you hate the fat guys.

Go with Yoshikawa following up his surprise win from the previous show.

Sorry, Shimedzu, Nakasawa will drop the H-Bomb

As much as I predicted Kikkawa in all the matches he's been in, Horri will more likely not only win this match but they also should renew their rivalry.

Pathlow, not to take anything away from you...you're good but not sensational

Okazaki had a bad match against Horri but Miyamae may be more of the same...Where's Mike Watson when you need him.

In Toshusai's voice: WIIIIIIILLLLLDDDD FIIIIIIIRREEEEE!!!! WIN!! WIN!!! WIN!!!

In Masuko's voice: Cobra, the venom you possess within you may be deadly but that venom you possess may lead to your ultimate downfall to despair as I look to slay the dragon with the winds of justice guiding me.

As much as I like the Raging Bulls and sadly this team looks like it's coming to an end, Hamacho looks like he might make an actual World Title Run...It can happen.

Iesada will win this match

Optinum Impact, Little Fury...ALL ABOARD TO UNIVERSAL STUDIOS!!!

Kanishoki vs Red Panther

Why do I feel like this one is going to be a squash match?

Another random match but nevertheless, Fuganaga should be the one to pick up the win for his team.

Shimedzu will get close but I doubt he will win this one

Like Dragonmack said Horri is one of the few guys who I could see getting a win over Kikkawa and this would allow Kikkawa to challenge Nakasawa.

Pathlow did rise up to the ranks quite quickly but I don´t see him getting th title just yet.

I think that Okazaki needs the win here.

As much as I like Black Heart guys this one goes for the challengers in order to set the tag belt matches down the road.

Both guys have challenged Dragon twice now and lost but with Cobra blaiming Masuko for his second loss I think that giving him a win here makes better story.

I really have no idea about Bulls as indivituals so I just go with the crowd here.

Iesada is too much for Elemental to overcome

With the way this division is anyone could win here but to me UE seems like the strongest option on these three.

Kanishoki vs Red Panther

Big guy gets token win

No idea here but Yoshikawa got a win in last show even if it was just because you let road agent to decide the winner there. Still random or not so might as well give him another one here.

- I want Shimedzu to win. I truly do. But that's not the money match on the horizon after Sword of Destiny. Therefore Nakasawa snuffs out this Rebellion.

- Is this a floating title? I hope it is, if it is, it could be interesting to see if Horri can elevate it higher. But Kikkawa losing his 'vanity plate' frees him up to focus on something shinier.

- Ugh. This one I just can't quite call. Team INSPIRE need some gold, this will do and I look forward to SD's post title meltdown. I want SD to retain but I think this freshens up the Junior title scene.

- I want to know what obstacles will be detonated. I'll go with a some old Hooded Kudo dolls. Oh, and... Miyamae pulls the minor upset.

- I like Wild Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiize of the Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight Charisma........ and the bookerman.

- Uh, coin flip, I'll go with the facepaint over the mask.

- I'd like some miso soup and sake please. And I want to see Macho Hamacho Man!

- Not a great night for Team INSPIRE. This is just a gut-hunch.

- Could go any way, I'll give it the team from beyond the milky way.

Kanishoki vs Red Panther

- Poor Red David.

- I think Stone carries his team to victory. I'll be stuck on the subway coz I'm running late for the card. Sorry.

No shock here as Nakasawa retains in order to eventually face Kikkawa (eventually = next month in the final show of this tour?)

In order for the Nakasawa / Kikkawa match to happen, Horri has to dethrone Kikkawa here.

Pathlow makes sure that Inspire still have some gold.

But Okazaki's loss means an overall bad night for Inspire.

I'll buck the trend and call for the two sets of champs to take the win here - while Wild Fire have established themselves as credible challengers, SOTF haven't (yet) so they take the fall. Perhaps we need a No 1 contenders tournament in the junior tag division?

Cobra has had more chances recently than Masuko - plus Masuko is a face, and both Pathlow and Dragon (one of whom will be champ) are both heels.

Going with Hamacho - only cos I remember in previous TEW games, the AI usually had him in World Title contention.

E3 may be getting a slow push in the junior ranks, but Iesada is too big and expreienced to lose here

You could make a case for any of these 3 to win, but OI probably need it more. A UE win would make them a clear no 1 contender, but as I said before, I think a proper tournament for the contendership is due.

Kanishoki vs Red Panther

He may be fat and rubbish, but that just means Panther will hit a brick wall here

Another that could go both ways, but you seem to want to push Koyama, and a tag match means he can, despite his continued young lion standing (is he still a lion?)

Nice overall card, which appears to set up several future feuds

Cobra has had more chances recently than Masuko - plus Masuko is a face, and both Pathlow and Dragon (one of whom will be champ) are both heels.

There is no official face/heel divide in BHOTWG so there isn't quite the same pressure to consistently look to book face/heel match ups, as you would in a promotion with one in place. Despite that however there are definite faces and heels in BHOTWG though there are alot of members of the roster who fall into the shades of grey 'tweener' category.

For example lets look at the four involved in the Junior Division matches at Sword of Destiny. John Pathlow has a hard hitting no nonsense style that goes down well with the fanbase but he contradicts that by deciding to join up with the arrogant heel stable Team INSPIRE but the way he 'earned' his way into the group was somewhat babyfaceish, he's more heel by association than anything else.

Sensational Dragon is an arrogant jerk who has a very high opinion of himself but his crowd pleasing in-ring style means that a large proportion of the crowd still cheer him on regardless of his attitude.

Black Cobra right now is an out-right heel, as part of the Black Heart Brethren stable he has the talent to win without taking short-cuts but in order to get ahead he is never afraid of bending the rules, something that does not endear him to the BHOTWG fanbase. In fact there is little difference between Cobra and Dragon, both are uber arrogant, both are super talented wrestlers, the difference right now however is that Dragon solely relies on his natural talent.

Marihito Masuko is a bit weird and somewhat 'out there' but behind the weirdness is a very honorable wrestler and one that can be seen as an undoubted babyface at this moment in time.

In fact the Junior Division has the spotlight shined on it next month....a certain tournament called Best of the Super Juniors.

Anyway Sword of Destiny should be up middle of next week sometime, so still time for others to join the usual suspects and get some predictions/comments in if they wish to do so.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BHOTWG-1.jpg?t=1268427909

Sword of Destiny

(Friday 21st May 2010)

Nara Baseball Stadium, Kinki

(Attendance 15,000 Super No Vacancy)

And Live on PPV with Emperor Sports

Commentators for this show: Toru Minamoto, Mitsuhide Muro & Katsuhiko Shunsen

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ToruMinamoto.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MitsuhideMuro.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KatsuhikoShunsen.jpg

Pre-Show

Match A: Kanishoki vs Red Panther

Red Panther tried to set a fast pace and rocked the huge former sumo wrestler with a hit and run attack) but he was unable to get Kanishoki off his feet and eventually a diving crossbody saw Kanishoki catch Panther and plant the gaijin high flyer with a press-slam.

That proved to be the turning point in the match, as Kanishoki then toyed with Panther before putting the Junior Heavyweight away with the Super Samoan Drop.

Result: Kanishoki [w] bt Red Panther [L] in 5:28 (Super Samoan Drop)

Rating: C-

Match B: Mitsunari Fuganaga, Toshiki Shibanumo & The Incredible Koyama vs Masutaro Kataoka, Roku Sotomura & Stone Yoshikawa

As pre-show matches go this was pretty good, sure the crowd weren't really that interested at the start but everyone put a good shift in and by the end the crowd were invested in this. Neither side could really seize the momentum which swung back and forth throughout.

The finishing sequence saw The Incredible Koyama land the Air Koyama (Shooting Star Press) on Stone Yoshikawa after he was able to block Yoshikawa's attempt at the Danger Trip (Avalanche Snapmare), Koyama's pin however was broken up with a Diving Knee Drop from Masutaro Kataoka but Kataoka then received a boot to the gut and was promptly planted into the canvas by Fuganaga courteousy of the Who's Laughing Now (Double Underhook Facebuster) and that was enough for 'Mr Serious' to pick up the win for his team.

Result: Mitsunari Fuganaga [w], Toshiki Shibanumo & The Incredible Koyama bt Masutaro Kataoka [L], Roku Sotomura & Stone Yoshikawa in 9:42 via pinfall (Who's Laughing Now)

Rating: C+

Main Show

We get the standard hype video running through what is coming up on the show,with Japanese Rock legends Zeni Geva providing this years Sword of Destiny theme tune, with 'Dead Sun Rising'.

Rating: B

~ Rise Above~

Match #1: Optimum Impact (American Optimus & Super Joshuya) vs

Little Fury (VENOM & Yoshii Shiomi) vs

Universal Excellence (Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BlackEagle_alt5.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya-1.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YoshiiShiomi-1.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Venom-1.jpg/ http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BaireiYasujiro-1.jpg?t=1268428305 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HaruKurofuji.jpg?t=1268428325

There is as expected an electrifying pace to this opening Junior Tag Team contest and after a brief 'feeling out' process it doesn't take long for the bodies to be flying everywhere with an array of dives to the floor from everyone involved. From there on it becomes a case of who can land one of their finishers without someone from another team being there to break it up.

Little Fury go close when they plant Super Joshuya with the Engage The Rage (STO/Enziguri) combo but Yasujiro was there to break it up for Universal Excellence. Yasujiro himself almost secured the win with a Yasujiro Suplex (Electric Chair into a Bridging German) on Yoshii Shiomi and a recovered Super Joshuya went close with a J-Drop on Haru Kurofuji.

As the match drew towards it's conclusion Universal Excellence had just pulled out the Universal Studios (Bridging German, followed by a Standing Shooting Star Press) on VENOM only for Yoshii Shiomi to break that up with the Shiomi Bomb Drop (High Angle Senton Bomb). Shiomi then went for the cover but that was broken up by American Optimus who then placed the Little Fury man in the Powerbomb position, Super Joshuya then flew in off the top rope with a missile drop-kick as Optimum Impact pulled out their new double team finisher the 'O-DESTRUCTOR' to secure the win for Optimum Impact.

Result: American Optimus [w] & Super Joshuya bt VENOM & Yoshii Shiomi [L[ + Universal Excellence (Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji) in 10:57 via pinfall (O-DESTRUCTOR)

Rating: B-

Onodera's Assessment: You know when a Tag Team is truly serious about being Tag Team and that's when they come up with a tandem finisher, Optimum Impact did that here and it lead them to victory ! This was a good fast paced opener and all three teams delivered what was expected of them.

(O.O.C Note: Something new I'm bringing to the table here, the match reports are a near non critical play by play account or summary of what happened in the match, Onodera's Assessment brings a more critical perspective to the match, analyzing whether it lived up to expectations etc).

Post Match Comments:

Super Joshuya: Tonight Optimum Impact showed it's intent, and that intent is to be the best Junior Heavyweight Tag Team in the World. Are we ready for our shot yet ? Only way to find out if we're ready is for the champs to face us.

Barei Yasujiro: I'll make no excuses here we got outmanouevred out there tonight. Universal Excellence are not going to give up on it's pursuit, but we must once again prove ourselves.

VENOM: Maybe the win over Optimum Impact was a fluke, sure looks that way doesn't it !

~ Enter the Master Class~

Match #2: Elemental III vs Tasuku Iesada

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalIII.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TasukuIesada.jpg

There's a relaxed air of 'my opponent is beneath me' arrogance surrounding Iesada as he heads to the ring, Elemental III on the other hand has a steely determination of someone who wants to prove themselves.

Surprisingly Elemental III does not try to push a fast pace and instead goes along with the hold for hold mat grappling that would appear to truly favour the Team INSPIRE man but the Third Generation icon not only keeps up with Iesada but appears to be controlling the exchanges to the increasing frustration of Iesada.

Eventually the INSPIRE man gets frustrated and goes for a powder. Elemental III determined to keep the momentum going launches himself over the top rope with the crowd pleasing Elemental Space Flying Drop but for the first time in the match he shows his inexperience in doing so and Iesada moves out of the way, before nailing the Third Generation Icon with a running knee.

Iesada now in control pitched Elemental III back into the ring, and he methodically looked to dismantle the Third Generation icon, particularly targetting the arm in order to soften up the masked man for the Iesada Special and in between each kick to the arm or hammerlock twist, Iesada would make sure to taunt his opponent and even go for a few arrogant covers that Elemental III easily kicked out of but meant that the Burning Sekigun Super Junior was excerting more energy.

However Elemental III had somewhat lured Iesada into false sense of security, as he was able to counter an attempt from Iesada to lock in his signature Iesada Special Cross Arm Breaker into a quick roll-up. Iesada kicked out and then got Elemental III into a front facelock but before he could transition that into a suplex, the Third Generation icon slipped out and then countered into an STO before smoothly transitioning into the ELEMENTAL CLUTCH !

The Third Generation Icon had his own signature submission locked on right in the middle of the ring !

Iesada was struggling to get free but looked to be fading......

Referee Shinozaki checked once.......

Iesada was still looking out of it......

And Shinozaki raised the arm again, only for it to drop down........

Iesada had one last chance to prove that he could carry on in the match.......

To the fans dismay the arrogant INSPIRE man found a second wind and struggled his way over to the ropes to force a rope break. Iesada then tried to sneak in a low blow on the rope break but Elemental III caught the leg and countered into a Dragon Screw Leg-Whip !!

The Third Generation Icon then waited for Iesada to hobble back up to his feet before planting the 2009 Super 10 Cup winner with an ELEMENTAL SUPLEX !!

One....

Two.....

Thr...........

Iesada just about kicked out in time, but remained rooted to the mat and Elemental III saw the opportunity to head up top but the popular masked man took a little bit too much time making his way up to the top as he took in the cheers of the crowd and Iesada was able to stagger back up to his feet and then conveniently against the ring ropes causing Elemental III to lose his balance.

Iesada then headed up the turnbuckles himself and attempted to bring Elemental III back in with a superplex only for Elemental III to regain his balance and shove the INSPIRE man off. Iesada immediately got back to his feet but Elemental III launched off the top turnbuckle in an attempt to spike Iesada with a Tornado DDT but the 2009 Super 10 Cup Winner managed to block the attempt and then counter into into the IESADA BRIDGE (Bridging Northern Lights Suplex).......

One.....

Two......

Thr......

Elemental III kicks out, but Iesada seems determined to finish the job and rolls through into the IESADA SPECIAL II (Northern Lights Suplex floated into a Cross Arm Breaker)......

The Third Generation tries desperately to fight through the pain.........

But it becomes too much and he has to tap !!

Result: Tasuku Iesada bt Elemental III in 12:10 via submission (Iesada Special II)

Rating: B+

Onodera's Assessment: This might have even surpassed expectations, this was just a really good, well wrestled match that told a good story with Iesada believing this would be a walk in the park but Elemental III's determined and skillful showing forcing Iesada to think otherwise by the end.

Post Match Comments:

Elemental III: OK I lost out there and that's is what is going to go down in the record books, but I'd like to think the heart and determination I showed out there won we a great deal of respect. I'm not looking for respect just because I wear this mask but I'd like to think that this mask, this legacy I carry with me inspires you to earn respect.

Tasuku Iesada: I suppose Elemental III will think his 'brave and gutsy' peformance will earn some respect, well he's not getting for me.....You see a spot monkey like him will never earn any respect from a proper like me. If he had any sense he would have given up and bowed to my superiority immediately, instead the masked fool decided to take the hard route.

~ The Glorious Path~

Match #3: Junior Conders Circle:

Black Cobra vs Marihito Masuko

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DuaneStone_alt1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko-1.jpg

Before Masuko could even make it into the ring, Cobra immediately showed his unsavoury win at all costs attitude by tagging 'the Painted Wonder' from behind. As the bell rang Cobra put the boots in and then tried to get an instant win but Masuko easily kicked out of the cover.

Cobra however remained in control in the early going, methodically stomping away on Masuko and jawing with the crowd in the process, at one point he puts Masuko in a chinlock and wrenches back mockingly calling out at the crowd 'Is This Your Hero ?'

Masuko was never going to tap out to a mere chinlock though and Cobra looked to finish the job by turning Masuko over for the Stone Hold but 'the Painted Wonder' managed to block and then kick Cobra off. Masuko then sprung into life catching Cobra with a leg lariat and then snapping off a Tilt-A-Whirl Headscissors that left Cobra disorientated.

The Black Heart Brethren man quickly rolled out of the ring looking to re-group with a powder but Masuko was keen to keep the momentum shift going and spectacularly launched himself to the outside with a PINK DUST (Double Jump Moonsault) to the outside wiping out Cobra in the process.

Masuko then pitched Cobra back into the ring and went for the cover.......

One.....

Two.....

Thr.....

Cobra still had plenty of fight left, kicking out fairly emphatically before referee Terakado's hand could slap the mat for a third decisive time. Masuko was keen to keep the pressure on however and dragged Cobra back up to his feet and looked to be setting up for the Masuko Cradle but 'Canadian Darkness' managed to block the attempt and then sneaked in a low blow by lifting his heel up into Masuko's lower regions. That caused Masuko to double over and Cobra then spun round to plant Masuko with the STONEPLEX (Bridging Northern Lights Suplex).......

One.......

Two.......

Thr........

Masuko kicked out but remained firmly planted to the mat and Cobra turned Masuko over into the STONE HOLD !!

But despite having it locked on tight, ring positioning was in Masuko's favour and the 'Painted Wonder' managed to find enough fighting spirit to force the rope break. A frustrated Cobra then paced around for a bit before dragging Masuko into position and then heading up top for the FROM CANADA WITH LOVE (Swandive Headbutt) but as he flew off the top-rope...Masuko managed to pull out of the way and Cobra ending up eating the canvas.

Cobra then staggered back up to his feet and was immediately taken back off his feet with a headscissors takedown from Masuko that was then transitioned into a Straight Jacket Triangle Choke, Masuko had Cobra trapped in the PINK DREAM !

Cobra looked to be fading......

Referee Terakado took a look......

No response from Cobra......

Terakado checked again.....

Still no response........

One last chance from Cobra to respond.........

Cobra still had some gas left in tank and lifted Masuko up before powerbombing the 'Painted Wonder' onto the canvas causing Masuko to release the hold but Cobra was too worn down to follow up with a cover and referee Terakado applied a double count.

They then both staggered up to their feet and got in each other's faces before enganging in a tired exchange of slaps. Cobra then sneaked in a knee to the gut and set up Masuko into a double wrist clutch as he looked to set up for the DEATH BY COBRA but Masuko managed to block and then swiftly countered into the MASUKO CRADLE SHOCK (Swinging Leg Hook Fireman's Carry Slam) !!!

One........

Two......

Three !!!

Marihito Masuko had secured the victory over Black Cobra and was once again in position to challenge for the Junior Championship against either another one of his arch rivals in Sensastional Dragon or the impactful newcomer John Pathlow.

Result: Marihito Masuko [w] bt Black Cobra [L] in 17:56 via pinfall (Masuko Cradle Shock)

Onodera's Assessment: There is little doubt that Cobra is amongst the very best in Burning Hammer, whoever he faces win or lose he brings out the best in them and his matches with Masuko have always been quality affairs; this was no different.

Post Match Comments:

Marihito Masuko: The Cobra proved dangerous once again but danger was overcome now another challenge awaits at the top of the mountain. I will prove heroic once more and send the obstacle to defeat, only I can defeat myself.

Black Cobra: That freak Masuko, is never going to be better than me...he got lucky...again. One day he'll run out luck, because that is all he is right now....lucky....very, very lucky !

~ Proving Point~

Match #4: Yasunobu Masuno, Yasuhiko Taira, The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion vs

Tadakuni Toshusai, Takayuki Onodera, Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasunobuMasuno-1.jpg?t=1268429402http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasuhikoTaira-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion-1.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai_USPW1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TakayukiAvatar.jpg?t=1268428948http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda-1.jpg

This one begins as a chaotic brawl with referee Omura Umeki almost having to throw the match out before it really gets started. When things settle down the Black Heart Brethren emerge out of the chaos with the control in their favour having managed to isolate Hyosuke Kokan. The BHB however fail to put Kokan away however and he manages to escape to safety after planting Kiyaru with the Electric Shocker Suplex.

There then comes a rinse and repeat scenario for both Konda and Onodera, as the BHB manage to manipulate the situation to isolate the Burning Sekigun member but their arrogant posteuring means they are unable to complete the job and both Konda and Onodera bravely find an 'escape route' when placed into peril. When Onodera does get the hot tag into an extremely fired up Tadakuni Toshusai, the BHB have to a certain degree 'punched themselves out' and despite having the numbers advantage an energized Toshusai 'cleans house'

But everytime Wild Charisma goes for a winning cover after hitting one of his signature moves a BHB member is there to break it up, and he begins to run out of steam following a two count on Kiyaru courteousy of the Shock Treatment (Double Underhook Backbreaker). The World Tag Team champions Black Magic (Masuno & Taira) club Toshusai from behind and then plant 'Wild Charisma' into the mat with the DEVASTATOR (Flapjack/Cutter combination)......

However referee Umeki rightly pointed out that neither of the World Tag Team Champions was the legal man and it became a race between Toshusai and Kiyaru as to who was tag out first. The more recovered Kiyaru was a fraction quicker tagging in Yasunobu Masuno but Toshusai wasn't far behind in tagging in Onodera.

Masuno charged at Onodera, but the 'Iron Man' used 'the Hammers' momentum against him taking down the big man with a basement drop-kick before locking on the LRC (Arm Trap Crossface) right in the middle of the ring. Both members of the Black Heart Flying Squadron then tried to intefere but were cut off by Size of the Fight who sent the Junior Tag Champions to the outside with stereo drop-kicks. Yasuhiko Taira then tried to do the same but ate a SHOCK KICK from Toshusai and all the while Onodera was relentless in his application of his signature submission and in the end with the rest of his Black Heart Brethren stable mates neutralized Masuno had no other choice but to tap out, as the Burning Sekigun quartet scored a huge psychological victory.

Result: Tadakuni Toshusai, Takayuki Onodera [w], Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda) bt Yasunobu Masuno [L], Yasuhiko Taira, The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion in 16:27 via submission (LRC)

Onodera's Assessment: This was formulaic stuff with the Black Heart Brethren as the dastardly heels and the Burning Sekigun quartet as the brave heroic babyfaces but everyone plays the part really well and the crowd were able to buy into this. People will ask if I am trying to put myself over at the end there, having Masuno tap out to the LRC was a way of making the fans aware that it is a weapon in Wild Fire's arsenal and not just mine that could be used to take down Black Magic as the World Tag Team Champions (because ultimately that is what we are building towards once again here) and that my team with Toshusai has more of a diverse threat than Toshusai coming in like the proverbial 'house on fire'.

Post Match Comments:

Kansuke Konda: Together Size of the Fight and Wild Fire showed that we had the heart of champions, so how about you put those belts on the line against us Black Heart Brethren !

Takayuki Onodera: You talked about proving ourselves worthy of another shot Black Magic, well I made you tap out Taira, how much more prove do you want !

Tadakuni Toshusai: BLAAACK MAGIIICCCCC, you think we are unWOOOOORTHHHYYY....do you really think WIIILD FIIIIIRE unWOOOORRRRRTHHHHYYY...you are the one's who are unWOOOOOORRRRTTHHYYY, UNWOOOOOOORTTTTHYYYY of being CHAMPIONNNNNSSSSSSS !!!!

Yasunobu Masuno: OK Wild Fire, you've proved yourselves.....but all you've done is prove that you're ready for another ass kicking from the best Tag Team in the world !

~Obstacle Detonation~

Match #5: Contenders Circle Spot Challenge:

Masaaki Okazaki vs Miyamae

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Miyamae-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MasaakiOkazaki.jpg

Both Okazaki and Miyamae seem really fired up for this one, as soon as the bell rings ditching the 'feeling out' process to exchange stiff strikes.....neither seems willing to back down and it becomes a battle of 'wills' to see who will flinch under the pressure first.......

Thing is neither of them do give into the pressure and the back and forth exchange of kicks and chops in really quite mesmerising, this wasn't random senseless brawling going on here these were kicks delivered with impressive precision but eventuallly it did come to and end with Okazaki blocking a high angle right kick from Miyamae and countering into a Dragon Screw to take the Rebellion man down to the mat.

Okazaki then placed Miyamae in a single leg crab only for the 'Viper' to roll through and boot Okazaki into the ropes. Miyamae then nailed Okazaki with a running boot, dazing 'No Mercy' before planting the INSPIRE man with an STO.

Miyamae gets a two count from that and then turns Okazaki over into the SNAKE CHARMER (Over the Shoulder Single Leg Boston Crab) but Okazaki manages to unpick the leg of Miyamae and with an incredible display of counter mat wrestling turns 'The Viper' over into a CENTURY CRAB LIFT (Leglock Cloverleaf).......

Miyamae however digs down and forces both himself and Okazaki over to the ropes to force a rope break. Okazaki then tried to get in a cheap shot but Miyamae managed to block and applied a Full Nelson in preparation to plant Okazaki with a Dragon Suplex, but the INSPIRE man managed to slip out and rolled to the outside to take a powder. Miyamae wasn't go to full for Okazaki's mind games and waited for 'No Mercy' to get back into the ring.

With Okazaki back in the ring, this time they wearily circle each other, before locking up ...they then exchange some stiff strikes (whilst locked together in a collar and elboe tie up) with Miyamae seemingly winning the exchange to then set Okazaki up for the MIYAMAE SPOILER but Okazaki was 'playing possum' blocking the attempt before countering into an Exploder Suplex......

One.......

Two.......

Thr.......

Miyamae manages to kick out, much to Okazaki's frustration who then taunts Miyamae to get back to his feet, but before Miyamae can do so Okazaki nails 'the Viper' with a running kick, that sets in the motion the OKAZAKI KICK BARRAGE !

Miyamae looks to be out cold from Okazaki's relentless flurry of kicks.......

One..........

Two.......

Thr........

Miyamae barely gets a shoulder up, but to Okazaki's immediate dismay Miyamae did survive the Kick Barrage. Okazaki then gets in the face of referee Yasuyuki Terakado, insisting that he had pinned Miyamae for the full three count. With his protest falling on deaf ears, Okazaki turns his attention back to Miyamae. He drags Miyamae back up to a vertical base and sets up for the OKAZAKI EXPLOSION (Wrist Clutch Exploder Suplex) but the INSPIRE man's protestations had allowed for Miyamae to recover and all of a sudden 'the VIPER' sprung back into life blocking the Okazaki Explosion and countering into a MIYAMAE SPOILER (Swinging Reverse STO)

One........

Two.......

Thr.......

Okazaki his own fighting spirit by kicking out......

But Miyamae stayed focused and nailed Okazaki with the GLITTERING MAGICIAN (Running Knee Strike)......and 'the Viper' wasn't done....lifting the dazed Okazaki back up to a vertical base to plant 'No Mercy' with a second MIYAMAE SPOILER !!

One......

Two.....

Three !!!

Miyamae had just earned a spot in the Contenders Circle at Okazaki's expense and now looks to be under way to proving himself as a great singles competitor in his own right alongside Shimedzu, and with Shimedzu challenging for the World Title later could this be The Rebellion's night ?

Result: Miyamae [w] bt Masaaki Okazaki [L] in 15:34 via pinfall (Miyamae Spoiler)

Onodera's Assessment: Whether or not it was because the match was on such a show as Sword of Destiny, both Miymae and Okazaki really brought their A-Game to this one. With their in some ways similar, yet different in other's styles of wrestling we expected them to compliment each other in the ring rather well, so we did expect this to be good but much like Iesada-Elemental earlier this perhaps surpassed some already fairly highly expectations.

Post Match Comments:

Miyamae: Now I've earned my spot in the Contenders Circle, I intend to stay there...because it's not about proving myself not to be the weak link in a Tag Team, it's about proving to be one of the very best in not just this company, but this sport. I'm going to be supporting my friend Shimedzu-san all the way later on tonight and I hope one day soon we will face each other across the ring with the Burning World Heavyweight Championship on the line.

Masaaki Okazaki: You think this the end of Masaaki Okazaki as a force in Burning Hammer....well it's not going to be. This is a setback, that's all.....I will earn my spot once again in the Contenders Circle and when I do earn it back, I'm going to rip everyone else apart !

~ Sensational Inspiration~

Match #6: Junior Championship:

Sensational Dragon vs John Pathlow

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BHOTWGJunior1.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon_jhd21.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HellMonkey_alt2.jpg

The first title match of the show see's Sensational Dragon put the Junior Championship on the line against John Pathlow. The INSPIRE man has scored a pinfall victory over Dragon in Tag action but can he pull off the victory here when it really matters, something the champion has found a knack of doing.

Pathlow was aggressive right from the bell as he looked to set the pace with his relentless kick and strike combinations and Dragon was like a boxer on the ropes in the opening exchanges but in some ways the champion was letting a fired up Pathlow wear himself out and after ducking a roundhouse and sliding underneath the ring-ropes....Dragon was able to nail Pathlow with a springboard drop-kick. All of a sudden the complexion of the match changed as Dragon snapped off a Tilt-A-Whirl Headscissors, and then following up with a standing moonsault for a two count.

Dragon then tried to lift the disorientated Pathlow up for a Dragon Suplex, but the INSPIRE man slipped out and went for a powder. That didn't stop Dragon from launching himself to the outside with an Arabian Press but that proved to be a mistake as Pathlow caught Dragon and then powerslammed the champion against the ringframe.

Pathlow knowing that he could not win the match by countout then pitched Dragon back into the ring but only got a two count after he went for the cover but the hard hitting gaijin was now back in control and he peppered Dragon with another flurry of kicks before whipping Dragon into the corner. The champion staggered out and Pathlow nailed the Sensational One with a running drop-kick before placing Dragon into the Tree of Woe.

Pathlow followed up with a facewash, leaving the champion in an even more dazed state before heading up top, to then come crashing down upon Dragon's exposed mid-section with the HEART COMPACTOR (Diving Double Knee Stomp)......

One......

Two.....

Thr.......

Pathlow's one mistake was not to pull Dragon to the centre of the ring, and the champion was able to reach out a leg onto the bottom rope to save the title. A frustrated Pathlow then lifted Dragon back up to a vertical base before plaving the champion in a double underhook, but as he tried to lift the Sensational One up for the Kill Drill, Dragon stood firm before reversing into a double underhook DDT.

Dragon then set Pathlow up for a Dragon Suplex only for the challenger to fight the champion off and then get a standing switch to then fling Dragon overhead with a release German Suplex. Dragon however sprung right back to his feet and nailed Pathlow with a standing drop-kick that sent the INSPIRE man into the ring-ropes....Pathlow bounced right back off using the momentum to level Dragon with the APOCALYSPE LARIAT (Rebound Pendulum Lariat) but the Sensational One saw it coming, ducking under and then catching Pathlow by surprise with the DRAGON'S CROSS (Tiger Feint Crucifix Arm Bar)

Dragon had the submission locked on right in the middle of the ring and Pathlow looked set to tap out but the INSPIRE man is a tough customer and he fought through the pain that was shooting up his arm to shift himself and Dragon over to the ring-ropes.

A seemingly worn down Pathlow remained down however and the champion dragged the INSPIRE man into position to head up top, but Pathlow was playing possum and raced up to the turnbuckles to bring Dragon crashing back into the ring with a superplex.

Pathlow then scrambled across to make the cover........

One......

Two.....

Dragon kicked out, but Pathlow remained in control peppering Dragon with a combination of kicks before lifting the champion up once again for the Kill Drill (Double Underhook Piledriver) but the Dragon's Cross from earlier had put alot of wear and tear on Pathlow's right arm and he was unable to maintain the grip....Dragon slipped out and then nailed Pathlow with a superkick before planting the INSPIRE man with the DRAGON SLICE (Shiranui)

One........

Two.......

Thr.........

Pathlow showed great fighting spirit to kick out, confident of victory however Dragon then went out onto the apron and waited for Pathlow to stagger back up to his feet, before springboarding in to plant Pathlow into the canvas once again with the SENSATION SHOCK (Diving Frontflip Hurrucanrana pin)......

One........

Two......

Three !!!

This time Pathlow had nothing left as Sensational Dragon was once again able to pull out the victory when it truly mattered.

Result: Sensational Dragon [w] bt John Pathlow [L] via pinfall in 19:25 (Sensation Shock)

Sensational Dragon makes V7 Defence of Burning Junior Championship

Onodera's Analysis: A good solid match, but we were hoping for a little better. Maybe we are a bit harsh here, it was good it just didn't outshine what went before on the card and there's was an air amongst the crowd that despite his recent strong push Pathlow was something of a stop gap challenger, there to break up the recent Junior Title match monopoly between Dragon, Masuko and Black Cobra.

Post Match Comments:

Sensational Dragon: John Pathlow, I have to say you did prove yourself a tough challenger, I'll give you that, but lets face fact's, you're just not SENSATIONAL !!

John Pathlow: You got lucky this time Dragon, you know I can defeat you and next time I face you for that belt, and I will make sure that there will be a next time....that belt will be round my waist.

~ All The Rage~

Match #7: Chuichi Sanda vs Eiji Hamacho

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChuichiSanda-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EijiHamacho-1.jpg

The tension between the two members of the Raging Bulls has been building up for the past month and as soon as the bell goes they take little time in laying into one another. It's just a slugfest from the start and after Hamacho clothesline's his old Tag Team partner to the outside. The brawl spills out into the crowd, with Hamacho the one on the front foot but a drop toe hold from Sanda sends Hamacho into a row of chairs and the tide is turned.

Sanda manages to break up referee Shinozaki's twenty count, before turning his attention back to Hamacho, where he creams the Raging Bull with a chairshot before rolling back into the ring.

Hamacho staggers back up at eighteen and was about to get back into the ring but eats an EXPLOSION KICK (Running Boot) from Sanda and falls to back to the floor again as Shinozaki redeploys the twenty count.......

Seventeen.....

Eighteen....

Hamacho is back up on the apron, he delivers a shoulder block into Sanda's mid-section and then nails his former Tag Team partner with a fore-arm smash. Hamacho gets back in the ring and unleashes a flurry of heavy fore-arms before planting the dazed Sanda with a Belly to Belly Suplex........

That gets two count, and Hamacho then levels Sanda with a Lariat for another two count. The Raging Bull then whips Sanda across the ring and goes for the Bull Rush (High Impact Spear) but Sanda see's it coming and moves out of the way before levelling Hamacho with the EXPLODER II (Spin Kick)........

One.......

Two......

Thr........

To Sanda's immediate frustration, Hamacho kicks out. Sanda then lifts Hamacho back up to a vertical base and sets up for an Exploder Suplex but Hamacho is able to block and fights Sanda off with elbows before lifting Sanda upon his shoulders .....HAMACHO SLEDGE (Death Valley Driver) ......

But Sanda counters into a crucifix pin before Hamacho can deliver the move........

One.......

Two......

Three !!!

Sanda then quickly rolls out of the ring, a smug smirk beaming across his face from ear to ear, as Hamacho bangs the canvas in frustration. Sanda may have won the match but the somewhat flukey nature of his victory means that things are still far from 'settled' between the Raging Bulls.

Result: Chuichi Sanda bt Eiji Hamacho in 9:52 via pinfall (Crucifix Pin)

Rating: C+

Onodera's Assessment: This was OK but a definite step down from what had gone before and hopefully after. Hamacho has always been seen as the better of the two, but in order for the feud to have more legs it was more crucial for Sanda to take the victory here. Whether or not Sanda actually has it to break out as a singles star in his own right or they can up the level of quality in this feud remains to be seen.

Post Match Comments:

Chuichi Sanda: Hamacho-san, you always did think yourself superior to me....as the 'leader' of the Raging Bulls, well you ain't so superior now are you ! So why don't you just show me the respect, I deserve and just admit I am better than you and that you should follow my lead !

Eiji Hamacho: Sanda-san, your victory tonight proved nothing, it settles nothing between us...for you to truly think yourself superior than me, then you will have to not just defeat me but beat me, beat me to the point where I would have to respect you. Thing is Sanda, I did respect you but your jealousy turned a blind eye to that, why do you think I stayed with you for so long because you were a great Tag Team partner for me, but now you want to throw that all away...well looks like I am going to have to beat some sense into you doesn't it !

~ A Burning Destiny~

Match #8: King of Fighters Championship:

Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs Kinnojo Horri

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_INSPIRE.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadiyukiKikkawa.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri_jhdTiger11.jpg

Kinnojo Horri really has the crowd behind him for this match, as they want to see him dethrone the arrogant champion Tadiyuki Kikkawa for the King of Fighters title.

There is a period of tense circling at the start, with neither Kikkawa nor Horri being the first to show their hand too early....when they do show their hands, it's the same 'hand' though as both just unleash a flurry of furious strikes upon their opponent. It was like both were just building up like a Volcano and then they unleashed 'hell'.....nothing pretty here, this was a straight up brawl.

Unsurprisingly the ring was unable to contain them, and their wild brawl soon spilt to the outside and into the crowd. Kikkawa reversed an Irish whip from Horri into a trash-can, but the Burning Sekigun man got right back onto this feet and levelled Kikkawa with a Lariat, only for the King of Fighters to shake it off. Kikkawa then poked Horri in the eye and set up for a suplex into a pile of chairs but Horri was able to fight Kikkawa off, and reversed into a front suplex into the chairs.

Horri then picked up a dazed Kikkawa and went to pitch the King of Fighters into the ring, but Kikkawa but the brakes on and then rammed Horri head first into the ring-post......When Horri staggered back it was clear he had been busted open across the forehead and Kikkawa pitched the groggy Burning Sekigun man into the ring.

Kikkawa then smugly asked referee Terakado to make the ten count........

Despite the blood loss however Horri managed to stagger back up to his feet, Kikkawa thinking Horri is on his last legs however goes over to taunt the challenger with some paint brush slaps....

But that only serves to fire Horri up, who unleashes a flurry of fore-arms on Kikkawa before planting the King of Fighters with a HORRI SPINEBUSTER (Sitout Spinebuster)........

Terakado applies the ten count but Kikkawa manages to get up at six.........

Horri then clubs away on Kikkawa bit more and sets up for the DESTINY BOMB but Kikkawa manages to hold firm and takes Horri over with a back body drop and then as Horri gets back up the INSPIRE leader re-seizes momentum with a Lariat.

Horri stays on his feet, but then eats a spinning back fist that leaves 'Mr One Million Per Cent Burning Hammer' in even more of a daze. Kikkawa then tries to scoop upon his shoulders, but the Burning Sekigun man proves to have too much size for the King of Fighters to handle and fights his way out with a series of elbows, before planting a dazed Kikkawa into the canvas with a HURRICANE SPINEBUSTER (Spinning Spinebuster).........

Terakado once again applies the ten count......

But Kikkawa is instantly back up to his feet before eating a Lariat from Horri, prompting Terakado to re-start the ten count........

Seven......

Eight......

Nine......

Kikkawa manages to stagger back up to his feet, but it is clear the blood loss is beginning to take effect on Horri and he lumbers over to Kikkawa. Both are clearly worn down, but that doesn't stop them unleashing one another, the strikes are laboured but each one landed seems to be wearing their opponent down a little bit at a time.

Both Kikkawa and Horri then go for the BURNING LARIAT at the same time, but both are able to block.....they go again....and this they both connect !!

King of Fighters rules however declare their must be a winner and Terakado waits for them to get to their feet and it becomes a race to see who can get up first.......

Eight.......

Nine.......

Kikkawa is up, barely but he is still up !

Ten.......

Horri however is unable to answer the count, the combination of the impact from being struck with the Burning Lariat from Kikkawa and his continued loss of blood being too much to handle. Kinnojo Horri had given it his best shot and for the first time in a King of Fighters title defence Kikkawa looked truly vunerable but in the end Kikkawa found a way to win, even if that way wasn''t particularly decisive.

Result: Tadiyuki Kikkawa [w] bt Kinnojo Horri [L] in 17:39 via Knockout (Burning Lariat)

Tadiyuki Kikkawa makes V7 defence of King of Fighters Championship

Onodera's Assessment: Whilst not up there with the classics these two have put on in the past during Kikkawa's first stint with BHOTWG, this was still an excellent match that played on the sheer intense rivalry these two have with one another and hopefully leaves the fans wanting to see more from these two. Besides we didn't want them to deliver something that would leave the fans too jaded before the main event, so they pitched the match just about right for this slot.

Post Match Comments:

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Horri except the fact you will never be as great as me....I am a legend, you are not and nor will you ever be !

Kinnojo Horri had too much blood loss and had to be taken to hospital and thus was unable to give any post match comment at the show.

~ The Sword and the Dragon~

Match #9: World Championship:

Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Shimedzu

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BHOTWGWorld1.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HiroakiNakasawa-1.jpg?t=1268429324 vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Shimedzu-1.jpg?t=1268429674

There's a real sense of respect between Nakasawa and Shimedzu as the introductions are made for the main event. Nakasawa is still for the majority of the crowd their man, the standard bearer for BHOTWG but there is plenty of support also for Shimedzu, whose run at singles glory has earned respect from fans and wrestlers alike.

The smaller man Shimedzu knowing that it would be unwise to lock up with Nakasawa in a test of strength, tentatively keeps his distance in the early going, using a hit and run strategy with his kick combinations. This frustrates Nakasawa, but not enough to totally take the champion of his game and it's Shimedzu who actually makes the first mistake, coming in too close and getting levelled with a clothesline.

That puts Nakasawa in control, and the World Champion peppers Shimedzu with a few fore-arms before delivering another clothesline off an irish whip, a scoop powerslam then followes for a two count.......

Nakasawa then whipped Shimedzu across the ring again, but this time Shimedzu ducked under the clothesline and then rocked the Burning Sekigun leader with a spin kick. That unbalanced Nakasawa, before Shimedzu nailed the World Champion with a drop-kick, with the momentum seeing Nakasawa take a tumble to the floor. 'Kamikaze Spirit' then launched himself at Naksawa with a slingshot crossbody with the High Risk move wiping out the H-Bomb but also seeing Shimedzu crash out amongst the crowd.

That almost lead to a double count-out, until Shimedzu realised what was about to happen and sprinted under the bottom rope to break the count. The former Tag Champion then went to pitch Nakasawa back into the ring but the H-Bomb put the brakes on and whipped Shimedzu into the guard-rail.

Naksawa was now back in control and he pitched Shimedzu back into the ring, before somewhat gingerly getting back in himself. Nakasawa then delivered a few clubbing blows to the back of Shimedzu before going for the COMPRESSION POWERBOMB (Scoop Lift Powerbomb) but Shimedzu manages to counter into a seated senton !!

One.....

Two.....

Nakasawa kicks out, but Shimedzu retains the upper hand by reeling off an impressive combo of kicks, finishing on a roundhouse that sends Nakasawa staggering towards the corner, a standing drop-kick from Shimedzu follows and Nakasawa slumps down into the corner.

With Nakasawa prone Shimedzu dishes out the face-wash and despite it being against a fan favourite, it actually gets a great deal of approval from the fans. Shimedzu tries to feed off that and goes for it again, but in doing so he manages to fire up Nakasawa, and when he goes in for the running boot Nakasawa explodes back up to his feet and turns Shimedzu inside out with a Lariat !

Shimedzu however manages to roll out under the bottom rope to prevent Nakasawa from following up with an instant pin attempt. Nakasawa being the champion though simply waits for Shimedzu to get back into the ring, a move that actually annoys some of the fans who believe that a true fighting champion should look to win decisively. It's not as though Nakasawa is acting particularly heelish but the underdog spirit of Shimedzu and just a few little things such as waiting for Shimedzu to get back into the ring instead of looking to take the fight to The Rebellion man, seems to be turning the crowd support in Shimedzu's favour.

Shimedzu does get back onto the apron, and is met with a fore-arm from Nakasawa, Shimedzu stays on his feet but is dazed enough for Nakasawa to attempt to bring him crashing back into the ring with a vertical suplex but Shimedzu manages to block the attempt and then staggers Naksawa with a jawbreaker.

Shimedzu then races up the turnbuckle before drilling the World Champion with a missile drop-kick. Nakasawa gets right back up to his feet but immediately eats a LIFE FLASHER (Rebound Running Boot) from Shimedzu......

One........

Two........

Nakasawa powerfully kicks out but Shimedzu remains focused an undettered and before Nakaswa can get to a full vertical base again, Shimedzu nails him with another LIFE FLASHER, this time Shimedzu does not go for an instant cover, this time instead waiting for Nakasawa to get to his knees before following in with a sort of sliding variation of the Life Flasher !

One.......

Two.......

Thr........

Nakasawa barely kicks out, but kick out he does and this time Shimedzu begins to show a degree of frustration, as he looks like he is about to tear himself apart from the inside over the fact that referee Umeki did not issue the full three count.

Shimedzu then somewhat ambitiously tried to lift Nakasawa up for the Skull-Drop but the champions larger mass, proved too heavy for Shimedzu to lift and the H-Bomb stood his ground before reversing into a vertical suplex.

Nakasawa then levelled Shimedzu with another clothesline, as they both staggered up to their feet......Shimedzu then doggedly got back to his feet only to be planted into the mat with a NAKASAWA NECKBREAKER (Inverted Swinging Neckbreaker)

One.....

Two......

Thr......

Shimedzu kicked out, but Nakasawa could now sense victory and lifted Shimedzu up for the H-Bomb but 'Kamikaze Spirit' managed to slip off and then stun Nakasawa with an Enziguri. Shimedzu then doubled over Nakasawa with a back heel kick into the mid-section before spiking the champion into the canvas with a DDT..........

Then straight into the INSURREXION DEVICE (Guillotine Choke)

Shimedzu had the hold locked on right in the middle of the ring.........

Nakasawa looked to be fading.......

Referee Omura Umeki checked on Nakasawa......

No response as the arm drops down from the champion.......

Umeki takes a second look........

Still no sign of life........

One last chance for Nakasawa to keep the World Championship around his waist........

The World Champion all of a sudden powers back up to his feet, lifting Shimedzu up with him, before forcing Shimedzu to release the Insurrexion Device with a Fisherman's Suplex !

Both Nakasawa and Shimedzu are sprawled on the canvas exhausted and referee Umeki begins a double count......

Thankfully they both get back to their feet, preventing the match from ending in a double count out.....Nakasawa goes for a Lariat but Shimedzu manages to duck under and then connects with a Roundhouse Kick, before taking the World Champion off his feet with a low spin kick to the ankles.

With an exhausted Nakasawa flat on his back, Shimedzu see's an opportunity to go up top and deliver a high risk/high reward aerial manouevre but 'Kamikaze Spirit' is as spent as Nakasawa and takes his time climbing the turnbuckles......

Too much time in fact, as Nakasawa gets back to his feet and then cuts Shimedzu off....

Nakasawa climbs to the second rope and peppers Shimedzu with some heavy fore-arms.........SUPER H-BOMB !!! (Crucifix Powerbomb from the second turnbuckle).........

Nakasawa slumps across the lifeless form of Shimedzu.......

One........

Two.........

Three !!!

Shimedzu gave it all he had, and proved to everyone that he does belong amongst the elite of BHOTWG but his best wasn't quite enough to topple Hiroaki Nakasawa as World Champion.

Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa [w] bt Shimedzu [L] in 28:10 via pinfall (Super H-Bomb)

Hiroaki Naksasawa makes V9 Defence of Burning World Championship

Rating: A

After receiving the World Championship belt from Kaneie Komine, Hiroaki Nakasawa does the usual victory speech where he puts over himself as a great champion, Shimedzu for giving him a tough match, BHOTWG as the greatest promotion in the world and of course the fans for continuing to support not only BHOTWG but the greatest sport in the world....Puroresu !!

Onodera's Assessment: Maybe it was because he was in there with Nakasawa, but Shimedzu really upped his game here and showed that he can at least belong in the main event. I think fans are now beginning to buy into Shimedzu as a threat, with the Insurrexion Device getting over as an effective submission. Nakasawa continues to be Nakasawa, and is handling the pressure of not only currently being the World Champion but also the 'Ace' of the '4th Generation'.

Post Match Comments:

Hiroaki Nakasawa: I'll hand it to Shimedzu-san he gave me as tough a test as anyone has since I won this belt (taps the Burning World Championship belt that is slung over his shoulder) and a weaker man than me would have tapped out to the Insurrexion Device but I am the World Champion and once you have this belt, you will survive any barrier of pain to keep hold of this...because this shows that you are the greatest and to the greatest you have to beat the best time and time agan and that's what I intend to keep on doing until I am literally a broken man.

Shimedzu: I knew how tough it would be against Nakasawa-san, and he showed why he is World Champion but that it is my belief that no one is unbeatable and I will do what I have to do to earn another shot at carving my spot in history.

Overall: B+

Onodera's Viewpoint: And the B+ PPV's continue, this was like last month's Test of Prophecies very consistent from top to bottom but we just seem to be missing something for these supercards to rise to the next level, and get recognised with an A rating.

Predictions Contest:

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=533 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="40%" height=0>

Stage 3 Standings

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="18%" height=0>

Total

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="21%" height=0>

Last Round

Stage 3 Pts

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="40%" height=0>

Rob4590

Zergon

Dragonmack

Phantom Stranger

Lo-Drew

Raijin Samurai

Bigpapa42

Beeker

Smurphy1014

N/A

NoNeck

N/A

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=627 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="34%" height=0>

Overall Standings

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="15%" height=0>

Total Pts

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="34%" height=0>

Dragonmack

Zergon

Bigpapa42

Rob4590

smurphy1014

Phantom Stranger

FINisher

Lo-Drew

Sudo Nym

Beeker

Tweek It

Marcel Fromage

Raijin Samurai

Critical-23

Apupunchauonline

No Neck

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Honestly does anyone actually care about the predictions contest. No Neck got a point for this round, and he barely took part :p I guess I had every intention of having some really great prize at the end, but never knew what....oh well guess what I'm saying is should I just scrap the whole contest idea and just do predictions for fun. The contest was just more fun to do, when like more than about half a dozen people still cared enough to take part. :p

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Alts/TakayukiAvatar_jhd.jpg

The Onodera Diaries:

Sword of Destiny was all in all another excellent pay per view but there is the feeling that we should be striving for even better. Kaneko-san however continues to show alot of faith in me and I seem to be doing enough at the moment to keep Kikkawa-san off my back. I still don't think I have his full support but the consistant quality of our shows under my watch means that he is at least at the moment not questioning my authority as head booker.

Buy Rate for Sword of Destiny came in at 1.10, which was disappointingly

down again from the 1.13 for Test of Prophecies. Kaneko-san reassured me though that I wasn't really doing anything wrong and that unfortunately the general public's interest in Puro is somewhat on the wane at the moment. The die-hards, the true dyed in the wool fans are still tuning in but the 'casual' fans as some like to refer to them are simply not tuning in right now.

The Contenders Circle (W/C Monday 24th May 2010)

Shimedzu challenged Hiroaki Nakasawa for the World Championship at Sword of Destiny, but did however come up short despite a great effort. It effectively means that the #1 Contendership is once again up for grabs. Tadakuni Toshusai and Miyamae with victories over Yasuhiko Taira and Masaaki Okazaki respectively are newcomers to the Contenders Circle in recent weeks.

In the Junior Championship contenders circle, John Pathlow was unable to dethrone Sensational Dragon, who is now set to defend the title against his generational rival Marihito Masuko, who earned his shot by defeating Black Cobra. Dragon-Masuko will take place at the up-coming tour show in Hokkaido, and will be the final Junior Championship defence prior to the annual Best of the Super Juniors Tournament, after that the Junior Contenders Circle effectively gets re-set according to wrestlers performance within in the tournament.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BHOTWGWorld1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HiroakiNakasawa-1.jpg

Burning World Champion -Hiroaki Nakasawa- (Burning Sekigun)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Shimedzu-1.jpg

Shimedzu- Dragon Feet 2K9

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri_jhdTiger11.jpg

Kinnojo Horri- Burning Sekigun

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TasukuIesada.jpg?t=1268429656

Tasuku Iesada- Team INSPIRE

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai_USPW1.jpg

Tadakuni Toshusai- Burning Sekigun

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Miyamae-1.jpg?t=1268429694

Miyamae- Dragon Feet 2K9

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BHOTWGJunior1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/SensationalDragon-1.jpg

Burning Junior Champion -Sensational Dragon- (Dragon Feet 2K9)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/MarihitoMasuko-1.jpg

Marihito Masuko - Burning Sekigun (Will challenge for the title at Burn Don't Freeze Tour- Show 26 at the Sapporo Sports Park, Hokkaido)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HellMonkey_alt2.jpg

John Pathlow- Team INSPIRE

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/DuaneStone_alt1.jpg

Black Cobra - Black Heart Brethren

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/ElementalIII.jpg

Elemental III - Burning Sekigun

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpg

The Awesome Kiyaru - Black Heart Brethren

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the show. Your continued support as always is much appreciated.

Its easy to support continued excellence, good sir.

As for the predction contest, its a fun little bit. But I imagine it takes a decent amount of time to keep track of everything. The main issue with running such a contest is that there is always going to be some flux in who predicts. Its just the nature of the boards, I find.

The Burning Hammer Move-set of the week:

Click on the links to check out the most feared moves in the arsenal of the 'Painted Wonder'.....

Marihito Masuko

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko-1.jpg

Into The White: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2i1sQ0nEcQ&feature=related

A move that the small and agile Masuko can suddenly pull out of seemingly nowhere, this Springboard Bull Dog is effective as either an out-right match winner or as a move that can turn the tide of a match's momentum into the 'Painted Wonder's' favour.

Masuko Cradle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MrXJUtpIQQ

(30 seconds into video)

This Bridging Leg Hook Belly to Back Suplex is the very definition of a 'secondary' finisher for Masuko, occasionally sealing victory for Masuko but rarely against top quality opposition.

Masuko Cradle Shock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_dEzFrG1xE

Technically known as a Swinging Leg Hook Fireman's Carry Slam, the Masuko Cradle Shock is the move that has brought Masuko the most amount of victories over the years. It's a simply devastating move that can be pulled out of nowhere, literally leaving this opponents in a state of shock.

Pink Dream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoJ6Rh4V1JQ&feature=related

The Pink Dream is a Straight Jacket Triangle Choke that adds a dangerous submission into Masuko's plan of attack.

Pink Dust: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5m7P-xGb28&feature=related

An impressive Double Jump Moonsault that can be delivered to opponents both inside and outside of the ring. It's more of a 'signature' move than a finisher, as it rarely secures victory.

No Neck got a point for this round, and he barely took part :p

NoNeck gets sidetracked with work quite easily and isn't always the most reliable.

That said, you know I love your diaries, right TK?

So don't devalue my point, man. It's mine, I earned it. :)

NoNeck gets sidetracked with work quite easily and isn't always the most reliable.

That said, you know I love your diaries, right TK?

So don't devalue my point, man. It's mine, I earned it. :)

That was never really a knock at you and I do know that you appreciate my stuff, I was just a bit of a Sad Panda that at end of the last Stage of the Predictions contest, you got a point for simply predicting in a round, as in there wasn't enough people taking part in the last set of predictions, which made me feel keeping track of them was all a bit pointless really.

So for now predictions are just going to be for fun, if people wish to take part. To be honest I appreciate what I call 'quality' predictions the most, the types of predictions where people leave comments and try to get an insight into my booking and if I'm truly honest I'd rather have five predictions with comments than say twenty of people just highlighting a name.

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

Sword of Destiny 2010 is now in the history books, but the Burn, Don't Freeze Tour continues for Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods, with the next destination the Sapporo Sports Park in Hokkaido on Monday 24th May.

Awaiting the fans in attendance will be a stacked card that includes three Championship matches. The main event see's the two men who had a superb match over the World Championship at Sword of Destiny get back into the ring against one another in a special attraction tag match. Shimedzu will be partnered by his long time team-mate Miyamae, whilst Hiroaki Nakasawa will line up with his Burning Sekigun stable mate Kinnojo Horri. It's a match that pits one of the greatest Tag Teams of all time against the icons of the '4th Generation'.

The semi main event see's Sensational Dragon put his Junior Championship on the line against his generational nemesis Marihito Masuko. Dragon succesfully defended against John Pathlow, whilst Masuko earned his shot at the title by defeating Black Cobra. Can Dragon remain Junior Champion ahead of next months Best of the Super Juniors tournament or will Masuko finally reach the summit once again.

The Title match action does not end their however as both sets of Tag Team Championships are on the line. After Takayuki Onodera forced Yasuhiko Taira to tap out in the Eight Man Tag match at Sword of Destiny, Wild Fire will once again get a shot at the World Tag Team Championships held by Black Magic. Can Toshusai and Onodera find a way to finally overcome Masuno & Taira and become World Tag Team Champions, or will the champions once again find a way to keep hold of the belts.

Meanwhile Black Magic's, Black Heart Brethren stable mates...the Black Heart Flying Squadron will defend the Junior Tag Team Titles against Optimum Impact. The duo consisting of American Optimus and Super Joshuya earned their shot by defeating Little Fury and Universal Excellence in a 3 way match at Sword of Destiny.

In singles action the two men who faced defeat in Junior Division action at Sword of Destiny face off against each other as Black Cobra goes up against John Pathlow. With the Junior Contenders Circle set to be put on hold, there is little more than pride on the line in this match but both will be keen to be heading into next months Best of the Super Juniors Tournament in good form. Meanwhile Chuichi Sanda sneaked out a win over his now former Tag Team partner Eiji Hamacho at Sword of Destiny, with the close nature of Sanda's victory, Hamacho has been granted an instant rematch to set the record straight and to possibly show that Sanda's victory was merely a fluke.

The main show card is rounded out with two Six Man Tag matches, as the trio of Roku Sotomura, Masataro Kataoka and Stone Yoshikawa are faced with unenviable task of having to face the Team INSPIRE trio of Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Masaaki Okazaki and Tasuku Iesada. Whilst the other Six Man match see's Elemental III team up with Size of the Fight to take on the RAGE trio of Mitsunari Fuganaga and Little Fury.

For those album to get to the Sapporo Sports Park earlier bonus action will be provided with a Junior Division singles contest with Red Panther taking on Haru Kurofuji and Tag Team action with Snow Lizzard up against the duo of Tiger Fuyuki and White Samurai.

Here is a full run-down of the card for Show #26 of the Burn, Don't Freeze Tour-

Burn Don't Freeze Tour- Show #26

(Sapporo Sports Park , Hokkaido, Monday 24th May 2010

Genius Eruption Tag Team Supernova (45 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Burning Sekigun'

World Champion- Hiroaki Nakasawa &

Kinnojo Horri

vs

'Representing Dragon Feet 2K9'

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae)

~He Who Climbs, Reaches the Summit~

Burning Junior Championship (45 Min Time Limit):

Sensational Dragon

vs

Marihito Masuko

~The Wildest, The Strongest~

Burning World Tag Team Championship (45 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Black Heart Brethren'

Black Magic (Yasunobu Masuno & Yasuhiko Taira)

vs

Wild Fire (Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera)

~Optimal Opportunity~

Burning Junior Tag Team Championship (30 Min Time Limit):

Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion)

vs

Optimum Impact (American Optimus & Super Joshuya)

Grudge Re-match (20 Min Time Limit):

'Representing RAGE'

Chuichi Sanda

vs

'Representing RAGE'

Eiji Hamacho

Junior Division Singles Challenge Match (20 Min Time Limit):

Black Cobra

vs

'Representing Team INSPIRE'

John Pathlow

Six Man Battle (20 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Team INSPIRE'

King of Fighters- Tadiyuki Kikkawa,

Tasuku Iesada & Masaaki Okazaki

vs

Roku Sotomura, Masataro Kataoaka & Stone Yoshikaw

Six Man Battle (20 Min Time Limit):

Elemental III &

Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda)

vs

'Representing RAGE'

Mitsunari Fuganaga &

Little Fury (VENOM & Yoshii Shiomi)

Pre-Show Matches (10 Min Time Limit):

Haru Kurofuji vs Red Panther

Snow Lizzard vs Tiger Fuyuki & White Samurai

Predictions Form:

Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri vs The Rebellion

Junior Championship: Sensational Dragon vs Marihito Masuko

World Tag Team Championship: Black Magic vs Wild Fire

Junior Tag Team Championship: Black Heart Flying Squadron vs Optimum Impact

Black Cobra vs John Pathlow

Kikkawa, Iesada & Okazaki vs Sotomura, Kataoka & Yoshikawa

Elemental III, Kokan & Konda vs Fuganaga, Shiomi & VENOM

I know what you're saying about predictions with comments being appreciated. Which is entirely hypocritical of me, since I so often don't do them. I always mean to, as I agree completely on the value that those comments can add for the fighter. So for this round of picks, at least, I'll dial down the hypocracy...

This is one I could actually see going either way. It would be a pretty big win for the Rebellion and probably wouldn't damage Nakasawa & Horri much, especially if there is some tension still between them.

Just don't see S-Drag dropping the belt on tour

Better wrestlers and better team win out here.

Much the same.

Snow Lizzard vs Tiger Fuyuki & White

Shimedzu had his chance, and Horri needs to win since he lost to Kikkawa. Since Kikkawa kept his title, I think we are gonna be seeing another Nakasawa-Horri match at the next ppv.

Draw -surprised this isn't on the next ppv, which means probably another three way with Black Cobra for title. So SD doesn't drop the belt, but Masuko doesn't lose either.

Wild Fire has mounted a strong challenge, but again, would have expected this to be at the next ppv, instead of here. So I think either its a three way, or Black Magic will be facing Rebellion at the big show.

While I don't think Optimum Impact is better than BHFS, I do see at least one title changing hands with so many title matches on a tour show.

Hamacho evens it up for a cage or some other kind of blowoff match

Leading to another Super Junior three way, or possibly four way with Pathlow

Squashes, one more obvious than the other

Could actually go either way, but I think Kurofuji has the better potential

token monthly Snow Lizzard win

- The Rebellion have been slipping of late but I think the Squabbling Duo can't seem to get along. Why can't we all just get along? Even though that wouldn't make for an exciting wrestling promotion.

- Because Masuko just has a moveset posted - which I know means nothing. Incidentally that Cradle Shock video is just scary, whomever is using it doesn't seem able to safely control how the victim lands. These might be two of my favourite SuperJuniors in the game. I just adore both their looks and the way Tigerkinney has created their characters.

- The Wild Fire doesn't rage out of control quite yet, as they have to chase a bit longer to truly fan the flames. And Black Magic do some of that old voodoo that they do so well. (aka cheat)

- I think Optimum Impact are going to grab these belts but the BHFS still have some fuel left in their tanks. Challengers will dethrone them soon, but not quite yet.

- Macho Hamacho proves that yes, last night *was* a fluke. Now get him some oversized sunglasses.

- Cobra kills Monkey. Stones burn in Hell.

- I think any two of Team INSPIRE would be favoured over their three opponents in a handicap match.

- I wanted to go with the other side but E3 is too much above Fuganaga I think. I'm rooting for Little Fury despite my mancrush on SotF.

- Kurofuji has been doing mostly tag matches lately but I think (hope) his all around ability earns him the check mark here. Panther seems like 'just another masked wrestler' to me.

- Snow Lizzard. Kings of the tag team dark matches. Huzzah!

And predicting for fun is fine. Can I win the prize you opted not to award? Please? Okay, thanks. :D

Archived