The Rise of a Dream

Hello TEW fans, Mystic here. After a long time away from the game I have decied to give diary writing another shot. This diary will be a little different as I am going to start with a brand new created fed, also in Free Style mode where I am the owner. (yes this is still going to be a c-verse dairy.) I am going to be writing up the dairy as I did my D.A.V.E. diary in word. This will be done using the tew 2005 game.

And for those who want to read my last dairy (The New Era of Danger and Violence Extreme) here you go.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14689

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charles Zulas grew up a major wrestling fan, cheering for his favorites and booing those he hated. While in college Charles Zulas, came across a new promotion that sparked his interested in the behind the scene work of pro wrestling. It was also during this time, Mr. Zulas came across a new game called Total Extreme Wrestling. TEW allowed Mr. Zulas to live out his dream in game form. After college, Mr. Zulas became discouraged with the way his life was going but remembered his love of pro wrestling. After making phone calls to friends and family, about his crazy idea to start his own wrestling company, they finally agreed to float him $500,000 to help him start his dream.

Monday Week 1, December 2005

Charles Zulas looking for a marketing partner, walked into his friend’s John office in South Bend, Indiana. John looked up from his desk and noticed Charles.

John: Hello Charles. What have you been up to?

Charles looked at John who was still sitting behind his desk

Charles: I don’t know if you have heard yet, but I have decided to open my own wrestling company.

John paused before he spoke

John: I heard something about this, but let me honestly tell you that you are nuts.

John grabbed his coffee mug as Charles laughed

Charles: You may be right, but I want you to be my 2nd in command

Upon hearing this idea, John almost choked as he spit out his coffee

John: What? Are you serious?

Charles laughed again

Charles: Yes I am serious. Listen I was thinking that since you own this company we could use this building as our base of operations.

John: Slow down Charles, you know I like pro wrestling the same as you, but seriously even if this idea was to be started what do you even have?

Charles paused

Charles: Well, nothing right now.

John: That’s your problem, all you have is money but you need more then that to get noticed.

Charles stared at John intently as he spoke

Charles: This is my life now, will you help me or not?

John sighed as he knew the answer to his friend’s question

John: When do we start?

Charles: Tomorrow.

Tuesday Week 1, December 2005

Charles Zulas walked into his new office, and noticed John sitting at his desk reading the paper. Upon seeing Charles, John folded his paper and placed it on the table.

John: So Charles, this is really your dream, so what did you have in mind?

Not really paying attention to John, Charles began setting up charts, and design layouts

Charles: My thought is that, in seeing what the wrestling business has become, we need to be different from it.

John: We?

Charles: While interviews are fine and all, we should focus on the in ring product. After all that is what wrestling is all about right?

John: Sure?

Charles: Another thing that has bothered me is that wrestling promotions focus on the “old timers” and use the same boring ideas year after year.

John: Well if they work, why change?

Charles: You can get by only for so long doing the same thing, year after year until the business falls flat on its face. People are growing tired and are looking for a change, we are that change.

John: That’s all well and good, but I still don’t see anything of value here. Did you even have a name in mind?

Charles: Total Wrestling Action

John: Ok, so this idea has a name then…a weak one but a name. Have you thought about anyone to fill this roster, to put into the ring?

Charles: I don’t have names yet, but I was thinking that we could get by with 1 announcer, 1 color guy, 1 ref and maybe an in ring roster of 10.

John: Even if we get these guys, where do we do this?

Charles: I don’t have the details but I’m sure we can find a place for cheap.

Upon hearing this John shook his head in disbelief

Charles: With your experience in marketing, can I count on you for that?

John: I’ll see what I can do.

With that Charles gets to work searching for talent to build T.W.A.

Charles: In starting a wrestling company, who would I build it around. Who could I get that the other talent would look to.

Charles immediately pulled out his giant notebook of wrestling talent and looked up a few names.

Charles: Human Arsenal, Brent Hill, Sgt. Buddy Lee West, and Thomas Morgan. Yes these will be the four wrestlers I will build T.A.W. around.

Charles immediately began to write up a letter to Human Arsenal

Dear Human Arsenal

My name is Charles Zulas, and I am setting the ground work for a new wrestling company based out of South Bend, Indiana named Total Wrestling Action. I am starting this company because I believe there is a lack of companies in North America that allow their wrestlers the ability to be themselves without the fear of being “taken over” by the corporate machine. I would like you to come into Total Wrestling Action and be one of the building blocks for the company for years to come.

Thank you,

Charles Zulas

With that letter completed to Human Arsenal, Charles set it aside to be faxed and started his next letter to Thomas Morgan.

Dear Thomas Morgan

My name is Charles Zulas, and I am setting the ground work for a new wrestling company based out of South Bend, Indiana named Total Wrestling Action. I am starting this company because I believe there is a lack of companies in North America that allow wrestlers to hone their craft successfully. I believe that with your excellent knowledge and work ethic you can be a leader to the rest of the locker room and to the rest of the wrestling world. I would like you to come into Total Wrestling Action and be one of the building blocks for the company for years to come.

Thank you,

Charles Zulas

With his second letter completed Charles set it aside to be faxed and started his next letter to Brent Hill.

Dear Brent Hill

My name is Charles Zulas, and I am setting the ground work for a new wrestling company based out of South Bend, Indiana named Total Wrestling Action. I am starting this company because I believe there is a lack of companies in North America that allow wrestlers to hone their craft successfully. I believe that with your excellent knowledge and work ethic you can be a leader to the rest of the locker room and to the rest of the wrestling world. I would like you to come into Total Wrestling Action and be one of the building blocks for the company for years to come.

Thank you,

Charles Zulas

With the letter completed, Charles began work on his final letter to Sgt. Buddy Lee West.

Dear Sgt. Buddy Lee West

My name is Charles Zulas, and I am setting the ground work for a new wrestling company based out of South Bend, Indiana named Total Wrestling Action. I am starting this company because I believe there is a lack of companies in North America that allow wrestlers to hone their craft successfully. I believe that with your command presence and your real world lessons you can teach the rest of the locker room about life and what it takes to be successful in life. . I would like you to come into Total Wrestling Action and be one of the building blocks for the company for years to come.

Thank you,

Charles Zulas

With all four of his letters complete Charles faxed them to the appropriate wrestler, hoping to get a response.

Wednesday Week 1, December 2005

With another day under his belt, Charles went to the office and went right to work.

Charles: Hey John, any news from the four wrestlers I sent faxes to yesterday?

John: Not yet

Charles: Hey John, I had an idea I wanted to throw your way.

John looked up from his paper and waited for Charles to speak

Charles: I was looking through the other companies in the United States and noticed that if we run our shows on Wednesday we are clear of having to go up again another wrestling promotion. In other words it gives us the best shot to get our name out.

John:If you think it’s best I’ll clear Wednesdays out when I go talk to places in holding our shows.

Charles: I was thinking today that while we wait for the four contacts to get back to us. I am going to look for people to help do the play by play.

John: You’re the boss.

Charles turned to his t.v. and began looking through his collection of wrestling shows. After going through his collection Charles pulled out a tape of Canadian Golden Combat and Roger Rogers. After watching a match with Roger Rogers calling it.

Charles: ….Next

Charles continued to search through his collection of tapes and noticed a tape with Duke Hazzard’s name on it. Charles with nothing better to do decided to hit the play button.

Charles: Oh God No…Next!

Charles decided to continue to look through tapes and put in a tape of Mid Atlantic Wrestling. After watching a couple of matches, Charles liked what he saw.

Charles: John can you come in here

John walked into the room Charles was sitting in, and noticed the tapes on the floor

John: Busy, I see.

Charles: Yes John, look I think we have found our Announcer can you set up a meeting with Marv Earnest?

John: Ok.

As John left, Charles continued to search through his tapes.

Charles: Now with an Announcer set up I need someone to go with him.

After going through the collection of tapes at his disposal. Charles decided to leave the office and head to the gym. After a good workout to clear his head, Charles was getting ready to leave when he heard someone talking about wrestling. After the crowd around the man cleared Charles walked up and noticed who the man was, in Erine Turner.

Charles: Mr. Turner

Turner turned around and looked at Charles

Erine: Yes?

Charles: Hello sir, my name is Charles Zulas and I know you don’t know me, but I am going to be starting my own wrestling company. I would like it if you would come and join me.

Erine: What do I get out of it?

Charles: As one in my main core, you will be starting on the ground floor and have the opportunity to help Total Wrestling Action reach heights never before seen in a wrestling company.

Erine thought about it for a moment

Erine: Tell you what, let me think about your idea and I will get back to you.

Charles: Thank you

Charles handed Erine Turner his business card and left the gym to go home for the night.

Thursday Week 1, December 2005

Charles arrived at the office and noticed a letter from the world’s foremost wrestling watchdog group “Extreme Eye”

Dear Mr. Zulas

Hello Mr. Zulas and Total Wrestling Action, this is “Extreme Eye” and in looking at new companies, it has come to our attention that you still don’t have title belts or an announce team assigned to your company. Please correct this situation, as soon as possible.

Thank You

Extreme Eye

Charles: We’ve only been open for a few days….Hey John have you heard anything from the letters we sent out yet?

John: No, Charles

Charles: Well John I since the so called “Extreme Eye” wants us to created a title for the company. We might as well get down to work.

John: Ok, Charles. As we decided we want ten wrestlers to our roster right?

Charles: Yes, that means if we only have 10 wrestlers, it would not make much sense to have more then one title, otherwise their would be no value to the belt.

John: So what do we call it, the Total Action Championship

Charles: Who would we put it on?

John: Whoa…slow down, Charles lets get some wrestlers first…Speaking of I talked to a friend of mine who knows a wrestler and told him about us?

Charles: Who?

John: I don’t want to get the cart before the horse here. I just had him throw our name out. Anyway I heard that a local group is holding wrestling tryouts for another company down town. I think we should go.

Charles: Let me grab my coat

John and Charles drive to the local high school where young men are standing around. Some talking to mirrors, some working in rings throughout the gym. Walking throughout the gym they see a ring with two wrestlers in it.

Charles: According to the sign on the ring, this is C.H. Threepwood and Keith Vegas.

Charles and John watch a match put on by the two young wrestlers in the ring. Charles and John discuss what they witness.

Charles: I thought it was ok

John: Right now we just need bodies to fill out a roster, and with these two being young we have time to mold them to what we want.

Charles and John decide to keep walking around the gym, after walking the gym for a bit they bump into a noticeable face

Charles: Your TJ Bailey aren’t you?

Bailey: Yes sir.

Charles: John…I thought I recognized this guy, TJ here has been in T.C.W before.

Bailey: Yes sir.

Charles: We will be in touch

Charles and John continued walking throughout the gym they noticed an older man standing in the gym.

Charles: Hello sir, my name is Charles Zulas and I noticed you watching the wrestlers here.

Duncan: Of course I am, I put this together. Why are you here.

Charles: I am looking to start a company in the area and I am looking for talent and help.

Duncan: So why have you come to me?

Charles: Well Sir, while I…I mean we

Charles looked at John

Charles: Are here mainly for talent in the ring, we also need help outside of the ring.

Duncan: You need my help, well what do you have set up?

Charles: Right now we are looking at talent but nothing concrete.

Duncan: You come to me with nothing and expect me to help?

Charles: Think of it as coming in on the ground floor of a new opportunity.

Duncan Kendall looks at Charles a moment before he speaks.

Duncan: Give me your card and call me next week. You really need something in stone to impress me though.

Charles: Thank you sir.

As the event closes Charles and John walk out of the gym talking

John: I think we had a good time, we looked at some wrestlers and maybe got us a backstage presence.

Charles: Now they just need to be signed.

Friday Week 1, December 2005

Charles gets to the office and immediately sits down to begin work

Charles: Any news today, John?

John: Human Arsenal signed with North of the Border Pro Wrestling and has said no to us. Sgt. Buddy Lee West and Thomas Morgan did call earlier and said that they would be in today to discuss an offer.

Charles: Nice, but no Hill and Turner yet?

John: No word on those two.

Charles: Did you watch the latest “Danger Zone TV”

John: Can’t say I did, Charles

Charles: Their Brass Knuckles champion, Eddie Peak took out the Animalz to retain his title, while their monster, Nemesis bloodied up Henry Lee.

John: I was never a fan of the over the top hardcore style. It doesn’t take much for someone to use a trashcan in a match to pick up a win.

Charles laughed at the comment

Charles: Ok, your right there.

As Charles is laughing the front door opens an in steps two gentlemen

Charles: Hello gentlemen.

Charles looks at the man with the buzzed haircut on the left

Charles: You must be Buddy Lee West and that means you must be Thomas Morgan

Both men nod

Charles: My name is Charles Zulas and this is my business partner John.

Charles motions to John

Morgan: Does John, have a last name?

John: Anderson

Charles: We would like to do this one at a time, so Mr. Morgan can you please wait out here. There is a new pot of coffee to your left, and we will be back shortly.

Morgan: Ok

Charles, John and West go to the back room and begin their discussion

Charles: First of all thank you for coming to see us today. Let me start off by telling you why we exist. Right now in the United States, wrestling promotions are living on the extremes. You have the basic Sports Entertainment promotions like TCW and SWF focusing outside of the ring then you have the Hardcore promotions that really don’t focus much on actual wrestling and treat a chair shot during a match as a normal move. Our goal here at Total Wrestling Action is to offer the fans a sort of middle ground, use the entertainment side like TCW but focus more on the in ring action, giving the smaller faster, wrestlers a chance to shine rather then the muscle bound freaks that control sports entertainment. At the start our goal is to have our first show next month, week 2 January 2006, and doing weekly local shows. We have decided to bring you in because we believe you have the skills and the real world experience to be a valuable leader to the other wrestlers here in Total Action Wrestling.

West: That is an interesting speech, now tell me what’s the travel going to be like for the shows.

John: Since we are starting out we believe it is best to run the shows out of a central location until we can get traction and start making some noise.

West: What about my character on screen

Charles: We personally love your current character and I would not change a thing.

West: Any merchandise yet?

John: We are working on it.

West: Ok, what do you have in mind?

Charles: As a company just starting out, we know we can’t compete yet and offer great contracts but will you be willing to work at Total Action Wrestling for a 9 month non-exclusive contract for $1500?

West: I know you’re a start up company but I need more then that to sign with you.

Charles: Ok? 1700?

West: I can work for $1700

Charles and John both smile at that news

John: sign here please

John slides the contract over to West to sign. Once signed all three get up and walk out of the room towards the front where Thomas Morgan is waiting.

Charles: Again thank you very much and you will be hearing from us soon.

John: Mr. Morgan will you follow me

Thomas and John walk to the back as Charles gives West some final information. Once West is out the door, Charles makes his way back to John and Thomas.

Charles: Hello Mr. Morgan and thanks again for seeing us. As I told Sgt. Buddy Lee West, right now in the United States, wrestling promotions are living on the extremes. You have the basic Sports Entertainment promotions like TCW and SWF focusing outside of the ring then you have the Hardcore promotions that really don’t focus much on actual wrestling and treat a chair shot during a match as a normal move. Our goal here at Total Wrestling Action is to offer the fans a sort of middle ground, use the entertainment side like TCW but focus more on the in ring action, giving the smaller faster, wrestlers a chance to shine rather then the muscle bound freaks that control sports entertainment. At the start Our goal is to have our first show next month, week 2 January 2006, and doing weekly local shows. We believe that your abilities in the ring will be able to teach the other wrestlers about how to succeed in the ring. I will tell you that while our main focus is not on Canada at this time, I have seen some of your early work and enjoyed what I watched.

Morgan: Thanks

John: Here is our offer, just as we told West we are not big enough at the moment to offer exclusive contracts, but we would like to offer you a 9 month contract for $300.

Morgan: Deal

John: That was easy…Sign here

Morgan signs the contract and heads for the door.

With Thomas Morgan out the door, Charles and John look at each other.

Charles: Did we overpay for West?

John: I think so.

Saturday Week 1, December 2005

Knowing that the beginning of Total Wrestling Action was taking shape with the signings of Thomas Morgan and Sgt. Buddy Lee West, Charles felt pretty confident as he walked into the office.

Charles: Hello John….

John: Hello Charles, by the way I would like you to meet Brent Hill, and I believe you met Ernie Turner.

Both men stand to shake hands with Charles

Charles: Welcome, Mr. Turner since we talked a little at the gym I would like you to wait out here while I talk with Brent Hill first.

Ernie: Ok, Mr. Zulas

Charles: Great, Mr. Hill will you follow John and myself to the conference room?

All three walk to the back room to get the meeting underway.

Charles: First of all thank you for coming to see us today, Mr. Hill. Let me start off by telling you why we exist. Right now in the United States, wrestling promotions are living on the extremes. You have the basic Sports Entertainment promotions like TCW and SWF focusing outside of the ring then you have the Hardcore promotions that really don’t focus much on actual wrestling and treat a chair shot during a match as a normal move. Our goal here at Total Wrestling Action is to offer the fans a sort of middle ground, use the entertainment side like TCW but focus more on the in ring action, giving the smaller faster, wrestlers a chance to shine rather then the muscle bound freaks that control sports entertainment. At the start Our goal is to have our first show next month, week 2 January 2006, and doing weekly local shows. We have decided to bring you in because we strongly believe that with your experience in wrestling and your invaluable knowledge of the ring you can be an important part as to what we are striving to do here in Total Action Wrestling.

Hill: At 37 years of age I don’t know how many good years I have left in the ring. What can I get from coming to help your company? Why at my age should I come in and help build a company from the ground up?

Charles: With your experience and work ethic, we see you as a top star in our company, that is why we have included you in our first wave of searches. You my friend can be at the top of the mountain knowing that you helped build it.

Hill: A title run

Charles and John look at each other then back at Brent Hill

Charles: Possibly

Brent Hill leaned back in his chair

Charles: As it stands now you would be joining a roster that includes Sgt. Buddy Lee West and Thomas Morgan.

Hill: I would be literately coming in on the ground floor?

John: Yes

Hill: For me to sign I want a run with the main title.

Charles paused before he spoke

Charles: I don’t like promising title runs but ok.

Hill: What do you have in terms of a contract offer?

John: With the title run included, we would like to sign you for a six month non-exclusive deal for $600.

Hill: I wasn’t born yesterday, boys. I need more then this.

John: How about title run included, and $700 for 6 months?

Hill: No

John rubs his forehead as Charles writes on a piece of paper.

Charles: A title run, and 6 months at $750.

Hill: You guys are just throwing numbers around. Call me when you have a better deal.

Charles: I was hoping to get you signed today, but if that is how you feel then, that is all we can do right now.

John and Brent leave the room as Charles looks at his numbers

John: We were really hoping to sign you. Have a good day.

Brent Hill leaves as John turns to Ernie Turner who is sitting on the couch.

John: Well, Mr. Turner, will you follow us?

Mr. Turner slowly gets up from the couch

Ernie: Sure

Ernie Turner sits down where Brent Hill just rejected an offer as Charles gets to the point

Charles: I came to you in the gym because I noticed your ability to command an audience.

Ernie: I am a talented pro wrestler after all.

Charles: I came to you, not for your in ring ability but you ability to speak

Ernie slowly folds his arms

Ernie: Really?

Charles: Yes, really. I would like you to be on color commentary for Total Action Wrestling.

Ernie: I still have good years left in the ring, and you want me to give that up to sit and call matches I should be in?

Charles: Nobody said anything about giving up your in ring work I just believe your better suited out of the ring.

Ernie: To be honest this is not what I was expecting, I am going to have to think about it, and I will call you tomorrow.

John: That is ok, with us. We will hear from you tomorrow then.

Ernie Turner stands up and shows himself out as Charles and John just stare at each other.

Charles: What was that?

Sunday Week 1 December 2005

Charles makes it to the office and notices cars in the parking lot that he has never seen before.

Charles: Who is in the parking lot?

John: Our latest requests are in the conference room.

Charles: Ok

Charles grabs a cup of coffee, and the paperwork he has on the requests before heading to the back room. In the back room are three young men and an older gentleman.

Charles: Hello to all of you, and I would like to thank you all for coming today. To start I would like to have Keith Vegas, C.H. Threepwood, and Marv Earnest wait out front while I talk with TJ Bailey.

Keith Vegas, C.H. Threepwood, and Marv Earnest get up and leave the conference room as Charles sits at the table.

Charles: Again welcome Mr. Bailey. Let me start off by telling you why we exist. Right now in the United States, wrestling promotions are living on the extremes. You have the basic Sports Entertainment promotions like TCW and SWF focusing outside of the ring then you have the Hardcore promotions that really don’t focus much on actual wrestling and treat a chair shot during a match as a normal move. Our goal here at Total Wrestling Action is to offer the fans a sort of middle ground, use the entertainment side like TCW but focus more on the in ring action, giving the smaller faster, wrestlers a chance to shine rather then the muscle bound freaks that control sports entertainment. At the start our goal is to have our first show next month, week 2 January 2006, and doing weekly local shows. We would like to include you in the Total Action Wrestling family because of your notoriety with Total Championship Wrestling and we strongly belief that with the core group we have here, like Thomas Morgan and Sgt. Buddy Lee West we can help you improve your skills as you get more time in the ring.

Bailey: Thank You, but really my time in T.C.W. wasn’t much as I was nothing more then a wrestling dummy for their top stars.

Charles laughs at that comment

Charles: Well, here you would be more then just a “wrestling dummy”. That is why we would like to offer you a 9 month contract for $125.

Bailey: I believe you have my best interest in mind and I like what I have heard, so I accept.

Charles: Great news…Sign here please

Charles slides the contract over to TJ Bailey to let him sign it.

Charles: We will be in touch.

Charles pages John

Charles: John will you please show our newest member out and send in the next wrestler.

John: Will do

John and Keith Vegas come to the conference room as TJ Bailey steps out

Charles: You will hear from us soon

Keith Vegas sits at the table, as Charles picks up some paperwork

Charles: Hello, Mr. Vegas welcome to Total Action Wrestling. Let me start off by telling you why we exist. Right now in the United States, wrestling promotions are living on the extremes. You have the basic Sports Entertainment promotions like TCW and SWF focusing outside of the ring then you have the Hardcore promotions that really don’t focus much on actual wrestling and treat a chair shot during a match as a normal move. Our goal here at Total Wrestling Action is to offer the fans a sort of middle ground, use the entertainment side like TCW but focus more on the in ring action, giving the smaller faster, wrestlers a chance to shine rather then the muscle bound freaks that control sports entertainment. At the start our goal is to have our first show next month, week 2 January 2006, and doing weekly local shows. We would like to include you in the Total Action Wrestling family. Here at Total Action Wrestling we want to give the younger wrestling talent a chance to grow and learn, thus providing a fast paced, hard hitting in ring experience for our fans.

Keith Vegas smiles at this speech

Charles: Let me ask you, where do you seen yourself in a company like this?

Keith: I started in wrestling to be a star, so I think I should start as one.

Charles: While I admire your determination, at this point I don’t see you as a main event star. You might prove me wrong but I really don’t know any of your in ring work.

Keith: While I don’t agree, I’ll concede as you hold the contract.

Charles: Speaking of contracts, we would like to offer you a 9 month contract at 350.

Keith: All I have wanted to be is a pro wrestler so I accept.

Charles: Sign here please

Keith Vegas signs the contract and stands up to leave

Keith Vegas leaves the office as C.H. Threepwood walks to the conference room

Charles: Hello C.H. Threepwood, welcome to Total Action Wrestling.

Threepwood: Thanks for seeing me.

Charles: Let me start off by telling you why we exist. Right now in the United States, wrestling promotions are living on the extremes. You have the basic Sports Entertainment promotions like TCW and SWF focusing outside of the ring then you have the Hardcore promotions that really don’t focus much on actual wrestling and treat a chair shot during a match as a normal move. Our goal here at Total Wrestling Action is to offer the fans a sort of middle ground, use the entertainment side like TCW but focus more on the in ring action, giving the smaller faster, wrestlers a chance to shine rather then the muscle bound freaks that control sports entertainment. At the start our goal is to have our first show next month, week 2 January 2006, and doing weekly local shows. Being a local wrestler, is a plus for you.

Threepwood: Thank you

Charles: Looking at your file, we noticed that you have worked with Acid.

Threepwood: Yes, as the tag team, “First Strike”.

Charles: How’d that go?

Threepwood: For the short time we were together, it was a great experience.

Charles: Any time you can find work with a man, like Acid it can only help you.

Charles pulls out a contract and places it on the table

Charles: We think you can really improve as a member of Total Action Wrestling and especially if you continue to work with Acid. To this we would like to sign you to a 9 month contract at 350.

Threepwood: I won’t let you down.

C.H. Threepwood signs the contract

Charles and C.H. Threepwood walk to the front, where Marv Earnest is sitting.

Charles: See you later C.H….John please contact Ernie Turner and Brent Hill to see if they will reconsider our offers.

John: Ok, Charles

Charles and Marv Earnest head to the conference room

Charles: Thank you, for coming to see us Mr. Earnest. Let me start off by telling you why we exist. Right now in the United States, wrestling promotions are living on the extremes. You have the basic Sports Entertainment promotions like TCW and SWF focusing outside of the ring then you have the Hardcore promotions that really don’t focus much on actual wrestling and treat a chair shot during a match as a normal move. Our goal here at Total Wrestling Action is to offer the fans a sort of middle ground, use the entertainment side like TCW but focus more on the in ring action, giving the smaller faster, wrestlers a chance to shine rather then the muscle bound freaks that control sports entertainment. At the start our goal is to have our first show next month, week 2 January 2006, and doing weekly local shows.

Marv: Sounds like an interesting idea, but aren’t you a least bit worried that SWF and TCW will sallow you whole at the start?

Charles: No, we have a nice roster we believe, with hopefully Brent Hill leading the promotion into the future.

Marv leans back

Charles: Now we know that you also work for Mid Atlantic and New York City Wrestling, but we believe we can offer you something more, something different then what you are getting in either of those companies.

Marv: Go on

Charles: We also know that you serve as a Road Agent and as a member of the Booking Team for both promotions, so first of all we would like to offer you those positions as part of this deal.

Marv: Expected….Question though?

Charles: Ask away, please.

Marv: If I join as an announcer, will I be a one man team or will you have someone with me?

Charles slowly rubs his forehead before speaking

Charles: We are trying to get Ernie Turner to be the other half of the announce team.

Marv: Does he know about this?

Charles: Yes

Marv: And he is ok with this?

Charles: Not exactly

Marv: Explain?

Charles: He wants to be an active wrestler, but John and I both think he would better suit the company from outside of the ring.

Marv: Ok then.

Charles: If you don’t have anymore questions, I would like to get you signed to a contact.

Marv: I have no more questions at this time

Charles: As I said, we know you work for M.A.W. and N.Y.C.W., so we do not expect you to give up on them but we would like to sign you to a 9 month contract at 400, keeping in mind that we would also put you on the booking team and working as a road agent.

Marv: I will sign with you, but keep this in mind.

Charles: Yes?

Marv: If problems arise in my schedule between your company and M.A.W. or N.Y.C.W. I will go to them first.

Charles: Expected and that is fine.

Charles slides the contract over to Marv Earnest and allows Marv to sign the contract. Both men get up and head to the front door.

Charles: We will keep in touch

Marv: See you soon I hope.

Marv Earnest leaves as Charles turns to John who is just hanging up the phone

John: Yes, thank you. We will fax that over to you right away.

Charles: Any luck?

John: I just got off the phone with Brent Hill. It took a little work but Brent has agreed to a deal with us of 9 months at 800 with a title guarantee. Ernie Turner still does not see himself calling the show but, he has agreed as well.

Charles: How much?

John: 9 months at 1500

Charles: Yikes, 1500 for a non ring performer.

John is reaching for his jacket as he speaks

John: Today has been a long, day so I am heading out and to the bar.

Charles: I’ll join you

Both Charles and John close up the office and head out the door.

Monday Week 2, December 2005

Charles gets to the office and immediately begins looking over the pile of contracts and other documents he has acquired during his first week of Total Wrestling Action.

Charles: John, I think we have done well for ourselves so far

John looks at Charles while drinking his coffee

John: I must say I thought you would be throwing in the towel by now, but we have done ok…I personally think we need more wrestlers to add some depth to our roster.

Charles looks at John with a worried look on his face

Charles: More wrestlers?

John: Yes, Charles I said more wrestlers. We also need to have a backup plan just in case Turner completely bails on the color idea.

Charles: Agreed

John: And while it’s great to have these wrestlers, we still need a ref inside the ring.

Charles rolls his eyes at John

Charles: Ok, I get it. Any thoughts?

John thinks for a moment before speaking

John: While we did get Marv, while he was under contract to M.A.W. and N.Y.C.W. I think it is best if we continue to go after workers not under current contracts.

Charles: We need some wrestlers with name exposure, and I think getting wrestlers who work for other companies can help us do this.

John: I don’t like that idea but if you think that is best, I will go along with you.

Charles: Great

Charles looks through his database of wrestlers in United States companies, and writes down names to contact…After looking through his database, Charles gets right to work on the first set of requests.

Dear Frankie Perez

My name is Charles Zulas, and I am setting the ground work for a new wrestling company based out of South Bend, Indiana named Total Wrestling Action. I am starting this company because I believe there is a lack of companies in North America that allow wrestlers to hone their craft successfully. I believe that with your ability to command an audience both in and out of the ring, you can help Total Wrestling Action, start off on the right direction along with Sgt. Buddy Lee West, Brent Hill, and Thomas Morgan.

Thank you,

Charles Zulas

John looks up from his paper, and slowly looks at Charles

John: Did I just hear you utter the name Frankie Perez?

Charles looks back at John

Charles: I think he would be a good, fit. You don’t think so?

John: I think he’ll work I just wanted to make sure I had heard correctly.

Charles taps his desk as he speaks

Charles: These names right here will help get us off on the right track, trust me.

John: I always do

Charles beings to write his second request

Dear David Poker

My name is Charles Zulas, and I am setting the ground work for a new wrestling company based out of South Bend, Indiana named Total Wrestling Action. I am starting this company because I believe there is a lack of companies in North America that allow performers to hone their craft successfully. This need for a new company just does not pertain to wrestlers but referees as well and that is why I am requesting a meeting with you, to come in to a new company and help build it from the ground up.

Thank You

Charles Zulas

Charles puts the finishing touches on the request to Poker and begins his last request for the day.

Dear Steven Parker

My name is Charles Zulas, and I am setting the ground work for a new wrestling company based out of South Bend, Indiana named Total Wrestling Action. I am starting this company because I believe there is a lack of companies in North America that allow wrestlers to hone their craft successfully. I believe with your strong grasp of wrestling knowledge at such a young age with help us both. You as Total Wrestling Action provides you with a new place to hone your skills and it provides us with the successful talent we need to help provide that gap in professional wrestling that the fans are looking for.

Thank You

Charles Zulas

Charles gathers the three requests and faxes them off to the right people

Charles: Any other news to John?

John: The “Wrestling World News” which partners with the “Extreme Eye, just upgraded Mid Atlantic Wrestling to a “small” rating after their “Forced to Fear” show.

Charles: Any other plans for the day John?

John: Just looking to work out the final details on getting us a place for the shows, but I am thinking that depending on how quickly we get our roster set, waiting until the start of the year may be a waste of time.

Charles: I’ll think about it. Well I’m going to take off

Charles grabs his jacket and walks out of the office

Tuesday Week 2 December 2005

Charles takes the day off to work on other business

Wednesday Week 2 December 2005

Charles gets into the office and immediately gets right to work when the phone rings.

Charles: What now?

Charles picks up the phone

?: Hello, Mr. Zulas

Charles: Yes?

?: This is Brent Hill, we spoke earlier.

Charles: Yes, Mr. Hill can’t wait to see your talents in a Total Action Wrestling ring.

Hill: Sir that is why I am calling….You see sir after I returned home, I received a called from North of the Boarder Pro Wrestling. To make a long story short. I have decided to sign with them.

Charles looks concerned

Charles: I was really hoping to work with you, why am I ask did you sign with them?

Hill: Well, Mr. Zulas as you stated in our meeting, you are a start up company. While I find it a nice gesture that you wanted to build the company around me, at this time in my life I need guarantees and North of the Boarder Pro Wrestling was able to give me that guarantee.

Charles: While I am disappointed, I understand your decision, I hope we can work together some day.

Charles hangs up the phone on Brent Hill.

John: So what’s up.

Charles: Brent Hill has signed with North of the Boarder Pro Wrestling and will not be joining us after all…I guess that means I should send out these last requests.

Charles gets out his files on the wrestlers he looked at a couple days ago and begins to write up more request letters

Dear The Big Problem

My name is Charles Zulas, and I am setting the ground work for a new wrestling company based out of South Bend, Indiana named Total Wrestling Action. I am starting this company because I believe there is a lack of companies in North America that allow wrestlers to hone their craft successfully. I have had the chance to see your work in New York City Wrestling and I must say that what I have seen you do, will be wonders for your career here in Total Wrestling Action, if you continue on the right path I can see you being a major star here in the company for years to come.

Thank You

Charles Zulas

Charles puts that letter aside and gets right to work on the next one

Dear Remmy Skye

My name is Charles Zulas, and I am setting the ground work for a new wrestling company based out of South Bend, Indiana named Total Wrestling Action. I am starting this company because I believe there is a lack of companies in North America that allow wrestlers to hone their craft successfully. I am writing to you because I have seen some of your work in Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling and I am amazed at the reaction you can get from the crowd at the drop of a hat. Here at Total Wrestling Action and the creative marketing connections we have, we can help you expand your exposure to new heights you have never seen before.

Thank You

Charles Zulas

Getting the letter to Remmy Skye finished, Charles begins is final letter to Joey Minnesota.

Dear Joey Minnesota

My name is Charles Zulas, and I am setting the ground work for a new wrestling company based out of South Bend, Indiana named Total Wrestling Action. I am starting this company because I believe there is a lack of companies in North America that allow wrestlers to hone their craft successfully. I am writing to you because I believe that you can help get our company off on the right foot and be a major player for Total Wrestling Action for years to come becoming a champion in no time.

Thank You

Charles Zulas

With all three letters completed, Charles sends them off to the right people and heads home.

Thursday Week 2 December 2005

Charles walks into the office to begin the day and finds, The Big Problem, Joey Minnesota and Frankie Perez all sitting out front.

Charles: Hello gentlemen, thank you all for being here today. I would like to start off by having The Big Problem come back with me and we can discuss getting you signed to Total Wrestling Action. Mr. Minnesota and Mr. Perez there is coffee to your left if you would both wait out here…Big Problem come with me please.

Big Problem follows Charles to the conference room and sits down

Charles: Again thank you for coming today. Let me start off by telling you why we exist. Right now in the United States, wrestling promotions are living on the extremes. You have the basic Sports Entertainment promotions like TCW and SWF focusing outside of the ring then you have the Hardcore promotions that really don’t focus much on actual wrestling and treat a chair shot during a match as a normal move. Our goal here at Total Wrestling Action is to offer the fans a sort of middle ground, use the entertainment side like TCW but focus more on the in ring action. John and I have pegged you as an important piece to this puzzle. We love your presence in the ring and think you would make a great heel, the big strong, pound your opponents into the ground heel. At such a young age we can help you grow into a top superstar for years to come.

Problem: Thank You sir.

Charles: Shall we get down to business?

Problem: Lets

Charles gets out some paperwork

Charles: As I said before, we think you would be good for a pound and pummel heel. We would like to sign you to a 12 month contract for 1000.

Problem: With Total Action Wrestling being a new company, I don’t think I should be locked into a contract that long.

Charles: Ok…how about 9 months for 825?

Problem: For a 9 month contract I believe I am worth more.

Charles: Ok, how about 9 months for 900?

The Big Problem puts his hands on the table, before pushing himself out of his chair and standing up.

Problem: Listen, I know that Frankie Perez and Joey Minnesota are waiting and sitting out front, so I am going to go right now and I will call you tomorrow to continue talks.

Charles: Again, we hope to be able to sign you, so I will wait for your phone call.

The Big Problem walks out of the room as John walks into the room

John: Who’s next?

Charles: Please send in Joey Minnesota

John: Ok.

John walks away and comes back with Joey Minnesota

Charles: Hello Mr. Minnesota, please sit down

Joey takes a seat at the table

Charles: Thank you for coming in today Mr. Minnesota. Let me start off by telling you why we exist. Right now in the United States, wrestling promotions are living on the extremes. You have the basic Sports Entertainment promotions like TCW and SWF focusing outside of the ring then you have the Hardcore promotions that really don’t focus much on actual wrestling and treat a chair shot during a match as a normal move. Our goal here at Total Wrestling Action is to offer the fans a sort of middle ground, use the entertainment side like TCW but focus more on the in ring action. We here at Total Action Wrestling believe that with your superior grasp of the basics both physically and psychologically at such a young age we can tell you that the sky is the limit for you in professional wrestling and we would like the ground you stand on to be in Total Action Wrestling.

Minnesota: Why thank you, but you know I currently work for New York City Wrestling?

Charles: Yes we do, and we would like you to continue working with them, and come over to work for us as well.

Joey Minnesota taps the table with his hands, while listening to Mr. Zulas speak

Minnesota: If I signed with you, who would you have me work with?

Charles: Right now we could see you working with TJ Bailey and helping him improve in the ring.

Minnesota: I have yet to see any of his work.

Charles: He’s a good kid. He was in Total Championship Wrestling for a brief stint, but did not really get anywhere.

Minnesota: Anyone else?

Charles: Currently at this time no….Now I know you have a busy schedule so what do you say about getting this contract signed.

Charles slides the contract to the center of the table

Charles: We would like to offer you, a 9 month contract at 1000.

Minnesota: If all you say is true, I think I am worth a little more then 1000 per show.

Charles: Ok what about 1150 for 9 months?

Minnesota: No

Charles thinks for a moment

Charles: Ok what about 1300 for 9 months?

Minnesota: Ok Mr. Zulas, I am going to stop you right there. I feel that we are farther apart in what you and I feel is an acceptable offer, so I am going to let you think about this deal some more and I will see you tomorrow.

Charles smiles and stands up before shaking Joey Minnesota’s hand

Charles: I hope we can come to an agreement tomorrow then

Joey Minnesota turns and heads out of the room as Charles slumps back into his chair. Moments later John walks into the room.

John: What’s wrong?

Charles: Both the Big Problem and Joey Minnesota have walked out of this building without contracts.

John: We still have Frankie Perez sitting out in the waiting room

Charles: Send him in please

John leaves the conference room and returns moments later with Frankie Perez

Charles puts a smile on and stands up

Charles: Welcome to Total Action Wrestling, Mr. Perez

Perez: Thank You for seeing me

Charles: Let me start off by telling you why we exist. Right now in the United States, wrestling promotions are living on the extremes. You have the basic Sports Entertainment promotions like TCW and SWF focusing outside of the ring then you have the Hardcore promotions that really don’t focus much on actual wrestling and treat a chair shot during a match as a normal move. Our goal here at Total Wrestling Action is to offer the fans a sort of middle ground, use the entertainment side like TCW but focus more on the in ring action. We think you would make a great addition to the roster as one who provides hard hitting, fast paced action in the ring, the type of wrestling that we are striving to achieve in today’s market.

Perez: That is the type of wrestling I enjoy. Those long, slow marathon matches bore me.

Charles laughs a little at that comment

Charles: Based on that comment it seems like you would make a great fit here in Total Action Wrestling…So how about we make it official.

Perez: Sound good

Charles: Ok we are offering all of our wrestlers 9 month contracts to start, and we would like to sign you at 550.

Perez: I like the length, but I was thinking a little more in pay

Charles: 600 then

Perez smiles

Perez: Sounds good

Charles smiles and slides over the contract

Perez now I hope the fact that I work with Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling won’t be any trouble?

Charles: Of course not.

Frankie Perez signs the contract and hands it back to Charles as both men leave the office.

Charles: John, meet the newest member of Total Action Wrestling, Frankie Perez

John: That’s great, welcome aboard Mr. Perez

Perez: From what Mr. Zulas told me I feel good about joining your company.

Charles: We feel great about having you.

John: Mr. Perez, we will be in touch and again welcome aboard.

Frankie Perez walks out of the office, while Charles and John prepare to lock up

Charles: After Big Problem and Joey Minnesota I never thought he would sign.

Friday Week 2 December 2005

Charles gets to the office and grabs a cup of coffee.

Charles: Hello John, how was your night?

John: Didn’t really do much, just watched tv and went to bed. Oh by the way The Big Problem called and I took it upon myself to offer him a 9 month contract for 1000. Which he accepted.

Charles: I’m starting to rethink these big contracts but ok.

John: Oh, David Poker, Steven Parker and Remmy Skye are in the conference room waiting to see you.

Charles: Ok, can you hand me those files and the table behind you.

John grabs the files and gives them to Charles who rolls his eyes.

Charles: I hope today goes better then yesterday

Charles walks into the conference room and sits down

Charles: Hello gentlemen, welcome to all of you. Now I usually do these contract negotiations one on one but today I don’t see an issue with all three of you being here.

Poker, Parker, and Skye all nod in agreement

Charles: Ok then let me tell you why Total Wrestling Action is in business. Right now in the United States, wrestling promotions are living on the extremes. You have the basic Sports Entertainment promotions like TCW and SWF focusing outside of the ring then you have the Hardcore promotions that really don’t focus much on actual wrestling and treat a chair shot during a match as a normal move. Our goal here at Total Wrestling Action is to offer the fans a sort of middle ground, use the entertainment side like TCW but focus more on the in ring action. First I would like to focus on you Mr. Poker. Any good wrestling company needs all of it’s pieces in place to function correctly. Right now we have an announcer in Marv Earnest, we are gathering wrestlers and we need a referee. That is were you come in Mr. Poker, we would like for you to be our head referee.

Poker: I would be honored

Charles: Would you settle for 9 months at 125 per show?

Poker: Right now I’m just looking for a paycheck

Charles: Ok…sign here.

David Poker signs the contract and leaves the office.

Charles: That was easy. Now Steven Parker in my files here it states that you have been trained by Cliff Wilson?

Parker: That is correct.

Charles: It also states that you work with Mid Atlantic Wrestling.

Parker: Yes that is also correct. Is this going to be an issue?

Charles: Not at all. As I mentioned earlier we have signed Marv Earnest who you also have worked with at Mid Atlantic. Any other questions before we sign a contract?

Parker: No, but if you sign Fred Head I am out of here.

Charles pauses

Charles: Ok? I’ll keep that in mind….Anything else?

Parker: No.

Charles: Ok, I would like to offer you the same contract I did David Poker, 9 months at 125.

Parker: Right now I’m looking find more places to apply my trade, so I accept.

Charles: Thanks…sign here

Charles slides the contract over to Steven Parker who signs it then gets up to leave

Charles: We will be in touch.

Steven Parker leaves, as Charles looks at Remmy Skye

Charles: Last but not least, now lets make it three for three and get you signed

Skye: Ok

Charles: When I found a tape of you in Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling I just sat there and was amazed by what you could do in the ring and the audience reaction to you was equally amazing. If you continue on with us, I see you being a star in no time.

Skye: So do you have anyone signed I may know?

Charles: To be honest, we just signed Frankie Perez yesterday to a contract

Skye: He is a great guy to work with, I haven’t had a problem with him yet.

Charles: Any other questions before we get you signed?

Skye: No sir.

Charles: As you heard we are signing everyone to 9 month contracts right now, so we would like yours to be at 525 per show.

Skye: I need a little more then that to make the trip for each show.

Charles: 575?

Skye: A little more.

Charles: um 625?

Skye: That will work

Charles: well then, sign here

Charles slides the contract over the Remmy Syke for him to sign.

Charles: Let me show you out

Charles and Remmy get up and walk out the room

Charles: Thank you for signing with us, this will be an adventure for everyone involved. We will keep in touch.

Remmy: Looking forward to it

Remmy leaves as Joey Minnesota pulls into the parking lot

Charles looks at John

Charles: Here we go again

Joey Minnesota walks into the office

Minnesota: Hello again, Mr. Zulas. Have you thought about a better offer?

Charles: Please sit

Charles and Joey sit down

Charles: We would like to sign you to 1200 for 9 months

Joey Minnesota looks annoyed

Minnesota: Now Mr. Zulas, lets be honest here, that was a lower offer then the 1300 you offered yesterday.

Charles smiles a bit

Charles: Ok what about 1400?

Minnesota: Sounds good....but with the way you have handled these talks I want to make sure I get paid. So what am I getting in terms of guaranteed money?

Charles: I am sorry Mr. Minnesota, at this stage of Total Action Wrestling’s development, we can not give guaranteed contracts.

Joey Minnesota stands up

Minnesota: Well then, Mr. Zulas I can not afford to work here.

Joey Minnesota walks out the door without a contract, as Charles makes a phone call

Charles: Marv Earnest please…..Marv this is Charles Zulas….Can you be here tomorrow morning I want to start building to the opening show…..Thanks see you then.

I'm enjoying this. Good work. Looks like the first show will premiere before the new year.

Thanks for reading. The hardest/though fun part for me right now is trying to come up with things to fill in days as the lead up to the first show continues. As somedays their is nothing happening in the wrestling world. I will say I forgot how much fun it is using 2005 for the diary, considering how the c-verse has played out leading to and including TEW 2010.

Again thanks for reading and feel free to leave comments anytime, and/or read my old D.A.V.E. diary (the new era of Danger and Violence Extreme) linked in the first post, (started that one, with tew 2005 as well).

Saturday Week 2 December 2005

Charles gets to the office and looks at the list of the roster in Total Action Wrestling…As Charles is looking Marv Earnest walks through the door.

Marv: Hello Mr. Zulas

Charles: Marv, you can call me Charles.

Marv: Thank you, sir

Charles: Forget the sir stuff to. Marv come join John and myself in the conference room please.

Marv follows Charles into the conference room where John is setting things up

John: Hello Marv

Marv: Hello John

All three sit down around the table

Charles: Marv, over the last couple of weeks I have been putting together a roster, in which of course you are a part of. I think we now have a good base to start a fed with.

John hands Marv a copy of the roster

Marv: Good to hear Charles

Charles: I called you in today because I want the next few days to decide on the details of the roster. Face/heel, push etc…

Marv: Sounds like a good idea

John: Ok then lets start with Brent Hill

Charles: Sadly Brent Hill called me to say that he has signed with North of the Board Pro Wrestling and will be leaving us.

Marv: When?

Charles: In four days

John: So should we officially cuts ties or give him time to reconsider his options.

Charles: He is not coming back so we should officially cut him off.

Marv: Ok then….Next is C.H Threepwood. Looking at the rest of the roster I would put him in an upper mid-card slot.

Charles: To be honest after taking a hard look at the roster, I thought he might be too high on the list but I can’t put another name in that slot to replace him.

John: Ok next is Ernie Turner. Now Charles, are you still wanting him in a non-wrestling role?

Charles: At this point in time he can be a wrestler, and we will go with Marv here as the one man announce crew.

Marv: I have no trouble doing it on my own.

John: As a wrestler, I would put him as a main eventer, because I think he can make for some great storylines and I think he is mature enough to handle the spotlight.

Marv: I have to disagree and I would place him in an upper mid-card spot because while he is fairly weak and bland as far as in ring skills go. He does have a great grasp of the basics that could be used to help the younger, weaker talent out. If we give him a main event spot he would not get to help them out.

Charles: In hiring Mr. Turner, I told him that we wanted him because of his abilities to draw a crowd with his words. The main reason why I would like him as a pair to Marv is because he really does suck in the ring, and as a main event player you can’t suck. So if we drop him down the card to an Upper mid-card slot he won’t stand out like a sore thumb in the ring with our younger wrestlers.

John: Ok man, I guess your right.

Marv: Next is Frankie Perez.

John: This one is easy, he is a main event talent for us for sure.

Charles: Agreed

Marv: We are all on the same page with this one. With that I think it’s a good place to stop here as it’s getting late.

Charles: Come back tomorrow and we will pick up with Keith Vegas.

Marv: I’ll be here

As Marv leaves John mentions to Charles

John: Duncan Kendall signed with Danger and Violence Extreme

Charles: Ouch, maybe we can still get him.

Sunday Week 2 December 2005

Charles arrives at the office where Marv and John are in the conference room

Charles: Hello Marv and John, ready to get started on another set of names?

Marv: Ready

John: Starting with Keith Vegas today.

Charles: When I signed him, I really did not seeing anything special in him. My thought is that he is just another body to fill up the roster.

Marv: Looking at his file, he really is as “green” as you can get and not fall on your face entering the ring. I would say he is at the bottom of the barrel with little chance of moving up the card right now.

John: Ok next is Remmy Skye. Looking at this guy he can command a crowd response at a moments notice, and if we just give him time to improve in the ring, Remmy will be a big star in no time. I think he should be in the main event picture.

Marv: I agree

Charles: I can see many uses for Remmy Skye, I have ideas for this man, as I could see him working both in singles and tag matches for us when the time is right.

John: Next is Sgt. Buddy Lee West

Charles: When I signed him I told him he would be a main piece to the T.W.A, roster and looking at the rest of the roster I really think he can be a great asset to the growth of the company for years to come.

Marv: West I believe is one wrestler we can do a lot with and I believe he is best as a main event wrestler because his talents are just too good to be wasted lower down the card. I think we had a good day today, but I have to head out.

Charles: No problem, tomorrow we can finish the list with Steven Parker, The Big Problem, Thomas Morgan, and T.J. Bailey.

Marv: Ok, see you then

Monday Week 3 December 2005

Charles gets to the office and grabs a cup of coffee before heading to the conference room where Marv and John are talking.

Charles: Hey guys, what’s up?

John: I was just discussing the idea of moving up the show from the start of the year to make it earlier.

Charles: I have no issues with that, but lets get this done first before we discuss the actual show.

Marv: Ok

Charles places files on the table

Charles: We have Steven Parker, The Big Problem, Thomas Morgan and T.J Bailey to get threw today. Lets start with Mr. Parker. Now I have him as a Main Eventer, even though he was one of the guys I could put on any line. Given his previous experience in Mid Atlantic I think he has the ability to hold this position.

Marv: While I think he is a good addition to the roster I would not put him that high but I think he could do well as a Upper Mid-Card fixture. He is one of those wrestlers that is a “jack of all, master of none”. I just currently think if we put him as an Upper Mid-Card guy he can still help build up our younger inexperienced talent and he will not come off as weak against our more focused talent who rely on their strengths while knowing how to hide their weaknesses.

John: If we had a secondary title, Parker would be the champ I would chose.

Charles: Maybe later we can put him with a manager, but for right now I just don’t see anyone I would replace him with. So I think, we put him as Main Event and keep a close I on him.

Marv: You’re the boss

John: Ok next we have The Big Problem

Charles: The Big Problem, is the perfect heel powerhouse and even though he young I think he knows his limits and will work with us to help the company.

John: I think his work with “Land Mass” as helped him along nicely in development.

Charles looks at John and laughs

Charles: Please tell me your thinking of Larry Wood. Land Mass is just bad.

Marv: Back to The Big Problem, I agree with you Charles that he is a great heel powerhouse. I think he would be great as a Main Event star, but then I could also see him helping out all over the card as the best way to develop young wrestlers in the ring is in giving them problems to overcome.

Charles: I would give him a main event spot.

John nods in agreement

John: Ok next is Thomas Morgan. For us given his age I think he would be best to use as in the “trainer” role. He has a good grasp of the basics and can go awhile in the ring without tiring out.

Charles: Then if we want to turn that “trainer” role into a story line later he can help the youngster along and protect them through the feud.

Marv: Based on what I am hearing, a Main Event spot is out of the question.

Charles: Too old I think for Main Event, considering that he is fairly unknown here in the United States.

John: If we want to use him as a ‘trainer” he should be low on the roster, so that when his “students” pass him they have room to grow.

Marv: So a Lower Mid-Card spot for Morgan then?

Charles: I am sure he will understand

John: Finally we have TJ Bailey. I think he would be good as a Upper Mid-Card spot

Charles: Bailey is a tough one, while in did have some exposure in T.C.W. in really is not all that good.

John: I would agree, the main problem I think is that there is no one else to really move up the ladder.

Marv: If we hire others as we grow, Bailey could be one that I see be affected by it. Only because of his exposure in T.C.W. will I say a Upper Mid-Card spot for him.

Charles: So an Upper Mid-Card slot with the option to drop down later.

John: That was the last wrestler on the roster. Should we do anything else today?

Charles: I know you said something about moving the show date, but lets save that for first thing tomorrow.

Marv: Sounds good

All three get up and shake hands as Marv leaves, allowing John and Charles to clean up the office.

Charles: things are finally coming together

John: Yes, nicely I would say

Charles pins up the roster pushes before heading out the door for the evening.

Main Event

Steven Parker

Frankie Perez

Remmy Skye

The Big Problem

Sgt. Buddy Lee West

Upper Mid Card

C.H. Threepwood

TJ Bailey

Ernie Turner

Mid Card

Keith Vegas

Lower Mid Card

Thomas Morgan

Tuesday week 3 December 2005

Charles gets to the office and finds John and Marv sitting in the conference room

Charles: Hello, guys

John & Marv: Hello charles

Charles sits at the table

Charles: Ok, John yesterday you brought up the idea of moving the first show up. I personally like the idea as it keeps the roster from just sitting around and getting bored. John do you have any thoughts as to where we should go?

John: We don’t have anything really local, but I did find a place in Ohio, called the Ohio Jewish Center.

Marv: Any idea on the capacity of the building?

John: No

Marv: What would the going rate be for a ticket to a show of our size?

John: The going rate for a show like our is $2 dollars a ticket

Charles: For the 1st show, we are going to have to deal with the fact that we are going to take a heavy loss, but I think we should raise the price to $3 dollars and see how that does.

John: I’ll tell you what that will do. That will bankrupt us in two months.

Charles laughs

Charles: Relax John, we will be fine.

Marv: How much will it cost from a production stand point to run the show. Music, lights etc…

John: In talking with a company if we use in house music we can get by with $150 dollars a month.

Charles: That’s good. John can you send out a mass e-mail to our roster and tell them to be here tomorrow as I want to talk with them as a group and work on their character development.

John: Can do, so when do we want our first show now?

Charles: I am thinking next Wednesday

John: I’ll call the Ohio Jewish Center to tell them we are coming.

Charles: Any other things we need to discuss right now about the show?

Marv: Other then the actual card and plans for it which we can do later in the week nothing I can see.

Charles: Ok. I guess I will see you tomorrow then Marv.

Marv: Yes you will

Marv gets up and leaves the office

Charles: John please call Duncan Kendall about meeting with us

John: I will get right on that

John leaves to call Duncan Kendall, while Charles grabs his keys to leave for the night

Wednesday Week 3 December 2005

Charles gets to the office and finds John and Marv waiting out front

John: The roster is waiting for you in the conference room. Ready to do this?

Charles smiles and nods as all three walk to the conference room. Once they get their they notice a few members of standing around the board looking at the “pushes” list.

Charles: Hello everyone, I would like to formally welcome and thank you for being a part of Total Action Wrestling. I started this company because I grew up a fan of wrestling and I still am a fan of wrestling. Even with that fact I see a gap in professional wrestling for high impact wrestling for the younger and quicker fast paced fan. Now I know it will be a hard road ahead and it will look as if nothing you are doing in the ring will be helping but I ask you now to please stay with it and know that we can get to the promise land together.

Marv: We are looking to start running 1 hour shows next Wednesday, and as we start we want to run our shows out of the Ohio Jewish Center.

John: With shows being run out of the Ohio Jewish Center, we would like you to be at the hotel the night before the show. We will take care of travel, so you don’t have to worry about it.

Charles: As we start out here in Total Wrestling Action we will only have one title to start with and no tag team division to start.

John: In closing we would like to spend the next three days discuss your gimmicks. So C.H. Threepwood, Ernie Turner, and Frankie Perez we would like to work with you tomorrow. Keith Vegas, Remmy Skye, and Sgt. Buddy Lee West on Friday and Steven Parker, The Big Problem, Thomas Morgan and TJ Bailey on Saturday.

Charles: Again, thank you all and we are going to be in for the ride of our lives.

The roster gets up and leaves the conference room and the office

John looks at Charles: I can’t wait for next week

Charles: It’s going to be fun

Thanks for reading. The hardest/though fun part for me right now is trying to come up with things to fill in days as the lead up to the first show continues. As somedays their is nothing happening in the wrestling world. I will say I forgot how much fun it is using 2005 for the diary, considering how the c-verse has played out leading to and including TEW 2010.

Again thanks for reading and feel free to leave comments anytime, and/or read my old D.A.V.E. diary (the new era of Danger and Violence Extreme) linked in the first post, (started that one, with tew 2005 as well).

Actually it is the way in wich you "text fill" to build up to the show that has caught my eye. This is simple, yet brilliant, as it gives an extra dimension to simple things as signing and negotiating with workers. I have TEW 2010 but am also doing a game on 05, in a local promotion. And the first days are the worst to go by. Yet, you totally succeeded in filling those pre show gaps. And although i'm looking forward to see the wrestling part, i also hope that you keep up with this wrestling backstage personal insight of yours. Good work! I will keep reading, definitely!

Actually it is the way in wich you "text fill" to build up to the show that has caught my eye. This is simple, yet brilliant, as it gives an extra dimension to simple things as signing and negotiating with workers. I have TEW 2010 but am also doing a game on 05, in a local promotion. And the first days are the worst to go by. Yet, you totally succeeded in filling those pre show gaps. And although i'm looking forward to see the wrestling part, i also hope that you keep up with this wrestling backstage personal insight of yours. Good work! I will keep reading, definitely!

I work with this style of writing because it's personally for me the only way to do it. I've seen other diaries come and go that just jump from show to show with very little in between. While ok for some, if I was to drop to that level of detail, I would just skip the diary idea all together. As far as show writeups go I had to styles I used.

1. Used early on and later mainly for pay per views. I actually took a match and played it out in my head using the wrestling spirit 2 demo and moves list. (page 1 post 11 for example)

2. Later on I created a character named "mystic" and used him as the "Master of the Message Board" and show reviewer. He would be the one answering questions and for actual shows just give this thoughts on the shows talking about each match.

(Page 33 post 485 for example)

For this diary I am thinking right now of bringing in the "mystic" type character, due to the fact that I have less time to write up show results as I once did.

Thursday Week 3 December 2005

Charles gets to the office and goes to the conference room where John and Marv are sitting and waiting on the Threepwood, Turner and Perez. Charles gets up a grabs a cup of coffee. As Charles is pouring his cup, C.H.Threepwood walks in the front door.

Charles: Hello again, Mr. Threepwood

Threepwood: Hello Mr. Zulas

Charles: John and Marv are in the conference room, follow me

Charles walks to the conference room, with C.H. Threepwood in tow

John: Hello Mr. Threepwood

Threepwood: Hello

Charles: Please sit down

Threepwood takes a sit at the table

Marv: Thank you for coming back again. Now as we mentioned yesterday, we want to have our first show on Wednesday, but to do that first we need to decide on your gimmicks. Some of the roster has gimmicks we like from other promotions and some are coming in with a clean slate.

John: In comparing you to the roster we have at the moment, along with the members of the roster at your level, on the card. We would like you to be a heel in the fed.

Threepwood: I have no problem with that. As a child when I would pretend to be a pro wrestler I was always the heel.

Charles: Great then, this is a chance for you to live out your childhood dreams.

C.H. Threepwood smiles

John: Being a young wrestler we don’t want to give you anything too complicated, I feel you would do best with a gimmick that you can play off of another wrestler. This way that can help you if you are lost during promos and other segments.

Marv: Such as?

John: I would give Threepwood, the “unlucky” type gimmick.

Threepwood looks concerned

Threepwood: Sir, if I may, I never thought of myself as unlucky. I thought of myself as a no nonsense type.

John: While I admire that idea, I personally think the “no nonsense wrestler” needs to be someone who can “back it up” so to speak and personally I don’t think you are at the point in your career where you can do that yet.

Charles: I would have to agree with that assessment

Threepwood looks disappointed

Threepwood: I was hoping to be a no non sense main eventer but if you think this is best, I will go with it.

Charles: We all have dreams of being at the top, but we often don’t think about the work it takes to get there. We hope you understand.

Threepwood: I do, anything else you wanted?

Charles looks at some paperwork

Charles: That is all for now, just be ready for the first show next week

Threepwood smiles

Threepwood: I will be

Threepwood and Marv get up. Marv shows Threepwood out the door and come in with Ernie Turner

Charles: Hello Mr.Turner

Ernie: Hello Mr. Zulas, so it looks like I will be an in ring talent to start out

Charles: That is correct

John: As we said at the meeting, today we want to talk to you about your gimmick.

Charles: When I first noticed you at the gym, I was entertained by your ability to control a crowd. I want to build on that ability you have, so I personally think it is easier for a heel to get over then a face on the microphone.

Marv: In looking at reports on you, saying that you need work in the ring and considering that we would like to use you as a heel, I think it would be best and most entertaining if you become an egomaniac type of heel. This way even if you lose you can use your skill for promos and acting by coming off, saying and believing that you are better then everyone else.

Ernie: I personally liked my pimp gimmick though

Charles: While that was an ok gimmick at this present time we really don’t have anyone else on the roster that could play off that role against you in any way.

Ernie: Ok, you guys know what’s best

John: Well, again nice for coming in today, we have more to get to so just remember to be at the hotel before next week’s show.

Marv gets up and shows Mr. Turner out the door and returns with Frankie Perez

John: Hello Mr. Perez

Perez: Hello…

John: Mr. Anderson

Charles: Hello again Frankie, please sit down

Frankie Perez sits down slowly at the table

Charles: Thank you for coming in today, especially considering that you had a tag match last night against Donnie J. and Fumihiro Ota.

Perez: No problem

Marv: In looking at the roster we have and your position. We believe that we have some strong heels at the Main Event level and because of that we would like you to become a face for Total Action Wrestling.

Perez: That works for me

John: In looking at your tapes from Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling, we all noticed your use of kicks in your matches, almost to the level of a karate expert. This is one of the reasons we would like you to be a Ninja.

Frankie Perez smiles

Perez: Cool

Marv: So you’ll do it

Perez: Yes of course

Charles: Thanks for making this easy for us and because we know you need to get back and rest up for the first show. That is all we have for you.

Perez: Ok then

Perez stands up and heads for the door

Charles: We will keep in touch

Perez leaves

John: We are almost ready for our first show.

Charles: Tomorrow we have Keith Vegas, Remmy Skye, and Sgt. Buddy Lee West

John: Tomorrow should be a real easy day

Charles, John and Marv get up and walk out the front door.

Friday Week 3 December 2005

Charles gets to the office where John and Marv are waiting for him in the conference room

Marv: Hey Charles, I just got off the phone with Duncan Kendall. He said he will be here to discuss joining with us in five minutes.

Charles: Very Nice

John: Any role in mind for him?

Charles: I was thinking of hiring Duncan as our Road Agent

Marv: He would do wonders for us.

The sound of the front door opening can be heard from the conference room, as John gets up to greet Mr. Kendall, out front.

Marv: Did you hear that, Shawn Gonzalez defeated Bryan Holmes for the D.A.V.E. Unified Title?

Charles: I watched it on TV.

John and Duncan Kendall return

Charles: Welcome to Total Action Wrestling

Duncan: Thank you for seeing me.

John: We first want to tell you that we respect you and all of the things you have done in wrestling and hope you can help Total Action Wrestling achieve the heights you saw in your wrestling days.

Duncan: Thank You for the kind words.

Charles: We think you would be a great addition to the T.A.W. family as a Road Agent to the young roster here.

Marv: We currently want to start running weekly shows next Wednesday, and currently have wrestlers like Remmy Skye, Steven Parker, The Big Problem, and Thomas Morgan among others.

Charles: Considering that you also work with Danger and Violence Extreme, we would like to offer you a pay per view contract for 9 months at 900.

Duncan: Do I have complete total over the Road Agent position?

Charles: If you want it.

Duncan: Deal

John: Great

John slides the contract over to Duncan to sign it

Marv: Listen Mr. Kendall, we have Keith Vegas, Remmy Skye and Sgt. Buddy Lee West coming in today to discuss their gimmicks, would you like to stay and join in the discussion?

Duncan: Sure, why not.

From the main office a voice can be heard

Vegas: Hello? Keith Vegas is here.

Charles: I’ll be back in a second

Charles gets up and walks to the front to greet Mr. Vegas

Charles: Hello Keith, it’s great that you could come back to see us today. The rest are waiting in the conference room so follow me.

Charles walks to the conference room with Keith Vegas in tow

John: Hello Mr. Vegas

Charles motions to Duncan Kendall

Charles: Keith, this is Duncan Kendall, we just hired him today to become a new road agent for us.

Duncan: Welcome Keith

Vegas: Thank you for seeing me again

Marv: Today Keith we want to talk to you about your gimmick as it fits here in Total Action Wrestling.

Duncan: In looking at you, I see a young man who honestly looks like he is in over his head. To me it seems like you wanted to be a professional wrestler and now that you are here, you don’t know what to do next.

John looks at Duncan

John: Ouch.

Duncan: That’s honestly what I see here. I see someone who needs a lot of help.

Marv: We could give him a “student” type gimmick.

Duncan: No, that would imply that he knows what he is doing. Though in looking at the roster, we could make him a servant to a heel. This way we can build on this “Help! What I’m I doing here” look I am seeing, and we can hide some of his obvious flaws in saying that he is just serving a more experienced wrestler.

Charles looks at Duncan

Charles: You know what, I like that idea, with a small tweak.

John: What?

Charles: Listen, we have Sgt. Buddy Lee West in the fold, we can build on that by instead of a servant, how about a recruit.

Duncan: Even better

At that moment the sound of the front door can be heard and into the back room walks Sgt. Buddy Lee West.

Duncan: Well, perfect timing.

West: Hello?

Charles: This is our newest Road Agent, Duncan Kendall. What Mr. Kendall means is that your current Armed Forces gimmick, that you currently use. We want you to continue that.

Charles motions to Keith Vegas

Charles: And this is your newest recruit

Sgt. Buddy Lee West laughs at the news and looks at Vegas

West: Lets go!

Keith Vegas looks down

Vegas:…. Ok

West and Vegas turn and leave the office as Marv shouts

Marv: Remember to be at the hotel Tuesday night!

John: Last but not least is Remmy Skye, but where is he?

The front door opens

Charles: Back here!

Remmy Skye walks into the room

John: Hello Skye, please sit down

Skye: Thanks

Skye takes a seat

Marv: Thank you for coming in, especially after being in a match last night for Coastal Zone.

Skye: No problem

Marv: Listen we know you are a little sore from last night so we want to make this quick so you can get home.

John: We love your surfer gimmick in Coastal Zone, but being here in Indiana, fans may not care as much so we want to do a slight change and just drop the surfer part and just be the laid back dude.

Skye: Now that I can do

John: Also we want you to keep being a good guy for the company.

Skye: No problem at all

Charles: Thanks, now go relax and get ready for the first show next week

Skye: Can’t wait

Remmy Skye leaves

Charles: Well Duncan thanks for coming in today and signing this Total Action Wrestling but this is all we scheduled today with four more coming in tomorrow.

Duncan: I’ll be here

Charles: Thanks

John, Charles, Marv and Duncan walk out of the building.

Saturday Week 3 December 2005

Charles gets to the office and finds John, Marv and Duncan sitting around the conference table

Charles: So everyone ready to get this last set of names finished

John, Marv and Duncan nod their heads in agreement

Charles: So today we have Steven Parker, The Big Problem Thomas Morgan and TJ Bailey Scheduled for gimmick talks.

The main office phone starts to ring, so Marv Earnest stands up and leaves the room to answer the phone.

John: Any thoughts on the first show yet?

Charles: I was thinking maybe a four man tournament to decide the champion would work.

Marv Earnest returns to the conference room

Marv: Well guys that was Thomas Morgan, he called just to say that he wishes he could have made it to today’s meeting but his flight was cancelled. He will see us for the first show though.

John: He decided to fly home after the roster meeting, knowing he would need to be back today?

Charles: That means we will decide his gimmick here and he will have to live with it.

The sound of the front door opening alerts the group to some one up front

Marv: That must be Steven Parker, I will be back in a bit.

Marv gets up to greet Mr. Parker, and bring him back to the conference room

Marv: Team, I would like you to meet Steven Parker

Duncan: You’re the guy Cliff Wilson has been talking about?

Steven Parker smiles a bit

Parker: I have been training with him if that’s what you mean

Charles: Welcome Mr. Parker and thanks for coming back in for today. So tell me about this training with Cliff Wilson.

Parker: Working with Mr. Wilson has been remarkable. He as taught me more then I could ever hope for in working with Mid Atlantic Wrestling. The way he moves in the ring is just flawless.

John: What would you say is the biggest thing you have learned from working with Mr. Wilson?

Parker: His training inside the ring has been a great help, but the biggest thing Mr. Wilson as taught me has been about life on the outside of the ring and the sacrifices one has to make to be a success in professional wrestling.

Marv: How do you think this lesson outside of the ring has transferred inside the ring?

Parker: In teaching me about the sacrifices it takes outside of the ring, I think this helps me by just knowing that I can’t give up inside the ring and when things look their weakest I have to keep up.

Duncan: In using that lesson, who do you see yourself as when it comes to professional wrestling?

Parker: I see myself as a team player, one who will do whatever is asked to help the company succeed.

Charles: That is good to hear, because in looking at the roster we have now, and the position we want you in. We would like for you to become a heel in Total Action Wresting.

Parker: I have no problem with that considering that I also play the heel role in Mid Atlantic Wrestling.

Marv: Good. Being a young wrestler who also has the continued training of a man like Cliff Wilson behind him, I can say that I think that if your training works out you could be a great wrestler. With that being said, I think it would be a good idea to play on that and turn you into a heel with an evolution streak to him.

John: You know Marv, that would go over really well if somewhere down the line, we can actually get Cliff Wilson to the fed.

Parker: I will do whatever you guys wish

Charles: Thank you Mr. Parker, looking at my files that is all we have for you right now. So rest up for Wednesday’s show and we will talk to you then.

Parker: Thank you again

Steven Parker gets up leaves the office. After a few moments the front door is heard opening again and in steps The Big Problem into the conference room

Charles: Hello, and thanks for coming today

Problem: Thanks for having me

Charles puts his hands on the desk before speaking and laughs at little

Charles: You know I almost feel ashamed for having you come back to the office to discuss your gimmick a few days after the meeting. In reality your gimmick is so easy to decide I should have called you to save you the trouble.

Problem: So then what would you like?

Charles: Let me tell you that we would like you to be in the main event picture for Total Action Wrestling and based on your size alone, you are the perfect type to be the monster heel who just beats people senseless.

Problem: Fine with me

Charles: Again sorry we had you come all this way out.

The Big Problem gets up and leaves the office

Duncan: So last we have TJ Bailey?

Charles: That is correct, now we may be able to do some things with him because he does have brief exposure in Total Championship Wrestling.

At that moment the front door opens and a voice can be heard

Bailey: Hello?

Duncan: I’ll go get him

Duncan Kendall gets up and goes to get TJ Bailey. Moments later Kendall comes back with a stunned Bailey.

Bailey: Your Duncan Kendall…thee Duncan Kendall

Duncan laughs

Duncan: Yes, Mr. Bailey please sit and join us

TJ Bailey sits at the table

Charles: Welcome and thank you for coming back to see us. Today we would like to discuss your gimmick here in Total Action Wrestling.

Bailey: Sure

Marv: First of all, how would you feel about instead of using TJ, we go by Tyler James?

Bailey: I think TJ is cool

Charles: For my idea, Tyler James would work better I think

Bailey: If you wish

Charles: Good

John: So what are you thinking?

Charles: I am thinking that to go by Tyler James instead of TJ, that person is kind of a nerd or a geek if you will.

Duncan: Really now?

Charles: My thinking is going along the same lines we are thinking with C.H. Threepwood. If given a gimmick where his in ring skills are not so important and based we can protect him with better workers.

Marv: Ok…Give him time to improve so to speak, before we give him a major gimmick or push

Charles: Exactly

Bailey: If you wish…any thoughts as to my first match yet?

Charles: We are in the process of deciding the first card and will get back to everyone soon.

John: So do we have anything else for Tyler James here?

Charles: I don’t think so

Duncan: I have nothing

Charles: Mr. Bailey, we will be in touch and rest up for the first show next week.

Bailey: I will do that sir

Tyler James Bailey gets up and leaves the office

Charles: Ok now we have to come up with something for Thomas Morgan since he could not make it today.

Duncan: In looking at the roster, I think he would do best as a good guy in Total Action Wrestling, especially being so low on the card.

Marv: At 31 years old, Morgan is actually the oldest wrestler on the roster.

Charles: Really?

Charles looks through some files

Charles: Your right

Marv: So to the rest of the roster, he could be considered “old-school”

Duncan: Ouch to be only 31 years old and be considered “old-school”, I must be ancient history.

John laughs at the comment

Marv: So putting him as the “old-school” type of wrestler would not be much of a stretch then?

John: I guess not

Charles: So it’s settled then?

Duncan: I guess it is

Charles: With that being the last one, I want to say thank you for coming and I will see you all later.

Charles gets up and leaves the building for the night

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Sunday Week 3 December 2005</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Charles gets to the office where John, Duncan, and Marv are waiting for him</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> Hello all, only three days until the first Total Action Wrestling show.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John:</span> Speaking of that, I received word last night from the Ohio Jewish Center and they are ready for us to show up on Wednesday.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> Good…Speaking of Wednesday we need to come up with a card for the show</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;">Duncan: </span>Ok, we are going to have an hour show. Which to be honest I think might be a longer show then we want with this small a roster.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> We will seen how the show goes and adjust from their</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;">Marv:</span> Well, in the first show. I think we need to decide the champion.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John</span>: We could do that but I think we should use the deciding of the champion as a lengthy piece and event so we have time to come up with future shows while the shows to decide the champion play out.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;">Marv:</span> My only issue is that, with such a new fed and as small a roster we have if we do not get the champion decided early people may not stay around to see who the first champion will be.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John:</span> I think we could get the tournament done over two shows so it would not really take too much time to decide a first champion. Charles what do you think?</p><p> </p><p>

Charles folds his hands on his desk</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> I can see both points. If we have a champion after the first show, we can end the show hot start to build a champion vs. challenger feud show two. If we do a two show tournament the show might end flat depending on the interest in the main event, thus little to no carry over interest may be created for show two. On the other hand having that second show continuing the tournament, may give the fans and the rest of the roster that anyone can be a force and win the title. Again giving us some time to plan show three and beyond.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;">Duncan:</span> Here is where I think Marv’s point about having the hour show being too long comes into play. Sure I am confident that the top guys we have can work well enough not to burn out during their matches, but we could have some matches depending on the card that completely flop because we are trying to fill time. </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> John, if you are wanting to do it over two shows, it shows that there are more possible options or threats to a champions title.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John:</span> Which is the way it should be.</p><p> </p><p>

Charles taps the desk and thinks for a moment</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> I think we should run the tournament over two shows, allowing us more time to plan for post tournament shows.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;">Marv:</span> Ok.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John: </span>So then first round match ups must be decided then. </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> Ok I’ll throw out the name Buddy Lee West. </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;">Duncan:</span> In looking through the roster, from an in ring perspective I don’t see a good match up. Although we did come up with that idea of having Kevin Vegas being a possible servant to West so we could start that off in a first round match-up.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John:</span> While starting off that story may sound like a good idea, we need the tournament to be as strong as possible when this the first viewers will get to see the fed. I am not sure Vegas is a name we want to be putting out as tournament material yet.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> I would have to agree</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;">Duncan:</span> So if Keith Vegas is not going to be in the tournament, we need one more to cut from the tournament. Personally if we are taking out Vegas the next name closes to that in skill level would be Tyler James Bailey.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles: </span>Either Bailey or Turner.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;">Marv:</span> At least with Turner in the ring, he has more of the so called basic fundamentals down so he won’t look out of place.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John:</span> I would axe Bailey</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;">Duncan:</span> Agreed</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> So Keith Vegas and Tyler James Bailey will not be in the tournament. Back to the match-ups then.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John: </span>So lets start with Frankie Perez.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;">Marv:</span> Perez is as close to a complete package we have in the tournament. Because of this I think we could use him in the first round against one of our weaker members to help train them.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;">Duncan:</span> I like that thinking, so if we put him against a weaker wrestler, we axed Vegas and Bailey from the tournament, leaving us really only with C.H. Threepwood. </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> The only issue with that is that neither man is wildly popular in the area, so it may come off as a dull match.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John:</span> Next, what about Mr. high flyer, Remmy Skye.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;">Duncan:</span> We don’t have anyone who can really match his aerial skills, so in ring he is hard to place. With that said I think if we match him up with Ernie Turner, maybe their ability to play off the crowd will make it a good match.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> Fine by me</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;">Marv:</span> So who to we match Steven Parker with?</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John:</span> Marv, you said earlier that Perez is as close to the complete package that we have. If Parker continues training I think he can get there as well.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> We have Problem, West and Morgan still without matchups, and out of those three I feel best with Parker vs. West and Problem vs. Morgan</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;">Duncan:</span> Agree</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John:</span> So just to recap we have: Frankie Perez vs. C.H. Threepwood, Remmy Skye vs. Eddie Turner, Steven Parker vs Buddy Lee West and The Big Problem vs. Thomas Morgan.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;">Marv:</span> I would put Problem vs. Morgan as the Main Event</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John:</span> I think Parker vs. West would be the best main event</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> We have the four match ups lets decide the main event as we get closer to the show. Right now I want to call it a day before my head pops off.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;">Duncan:</span> Sounds good to me</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Monday Week 4 December 2005</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Charles calls John from home</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> John I am going to stay home and clear my head for the first show</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John: </span>No problem, see you tomorrow</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Tuesday Week 4 December 2005 </strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

Charles gets to the office where John, Marv and Duncan are waiting</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John:</span> So did you enjoy your day off?</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> I mostly slept all day and cleaned the apartment.</p><p> </p><p>

Charles puts his files on the table</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles: </span>So tomorrow night is our first Total Action Wrestling show. We have Frankie Perez vs. C.H. Threepwood, Remmy Skye vs. Eddie Turner, Steven Parker vs Buddy Lee West and The Big Problem vs. Thomas Morgan in first round match ups for the show.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John:</span> The question is the main event</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> It’s a tournament there is no match that is bigger then any other match in the first round.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;">Duncan:</span> We should have the first round matches be on the first show while the semi-final and final on the second show.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles</span>: So is everything ready for the show </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John:</span> The ring crew is just outside of Ohio and will be at the building tonight to set up</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> So are we ready to go</p><p> </p><p>

The group leaves the conference room when the front door opens, and a young man walks in</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John:</span> Hello sir?</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> Mike, welcome</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FFA500;">Mike:</span> Hello Charles</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles</span>: Everyone this is Mike, I met Mike while I was at school and I told him about my idea which he liked. So I have brought Mike in as our reporter. He will write up show reports and answer any questions fans have for the company.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">John:</span> Welcome Mike</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> So shall we get going?</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;">Marv:</span> Lets go</p><p> </p><p>

The group leaves the office and begins their trip to the Ohio Jewish Center for tomorrow’s first show.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Wednesday Week 4 December 2005</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

The gang is at the Ohio Jewish Center putting together last minute touches on the show and calls together the roster</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Charles:</span> Hello guys, I just wanted to say thank you for believing in the company and tonight will be the start of a wild ride. Now we know that it will not be easy but we are in this for the long hall and hope you are as well. Everyone good luck tonight and we are truly behind you.</p>

Total Action Wrestling

December Week 4 2005

Hello fans my name is Mike and I will be your gatekeeper to the land of Total Action Wrestling. If you ever had a comment or question feel free to drop us a line. Not only will I be answering your questions, I will be providing you with reviews of the latest Total Action Wrestling action.

Last night was the start of a new chapter in professional wrestling as Total Action Wrestling hit the ring.

The company’s first match of the night was Frankie Perez versus C.H. Threepwood. When I received the program and noticed that Frankie Perez was included I thought ok this could be good, and let me tell you, it was the best match of the night...Fans, that’s not a good thing. During the match I don’t know if the crowd was being respectful or if they were just bored because except for a few cheers from the small crowd that knew who Frankie Perez was it was quiet during the match. During the match it was obvious who the weak link was and for you T.A.W. fans, it was not C.H. Threewood as you may expect, but the referee David Poker. Overall though it was an ok first match for Total Action Wrestling, as Frankie Perez picked up the victory with the P-Clutch at the 5:44 mark.

When the match ended it was time to meet another one of Total Action Wrestling’s new stars as a big muscle man was shown in the parking lot lifting a car. Much like the first match, their was little reaction for this “stunt” as people just sat on their hands.

After the “stunt” we were treated to another match, where we found out of muscleman’s name, The Big Problem as he took on Thomas Morgan. The Big Problem received a small pop from the audience, but how big could it really be with only 34 people showing up. You read that right 34 people, it was a small enough crowd that I could actually count them one by one from my seat. (which wasn’t very comfortable by the way). This match was ok, but nothing special. This was the first time seeing both men and I was not impressed, this match seemed slow as both men seemed out of place in the match. By the end of this match The Big Problem looked to be gassed and this ref looked to be even more confused then he was during the first match. The finish came when the Big Problem delivered a big boot to the face of Thomas Morgan picking up the three count for the victory.

After that match you could hear a pin drop which made the debut of Sgt. Buddy Lee West more painful to watch. I guess Total Action Wrestling, decided to change his name because I thought his name was Bubba. Anyway after the Problem vs. Morgan match we watched as West was putting away the last of his gear into his locker. As West was walking out of the locker room another young man who was behind him was hit by the door as it swung back into his face after West left the room. The younger man fell to the floor as West came out for his match against Steven Parker.

I don’t know if it was the lack of familiarity with the wrestlers in the ring, the incompetent ref, the lack of interest in the show leading up to the match or a combination of the three, but I was hoping for a better match from these two. Coming from Mid Atlantic Wrestling I had heard of Steven Parker before this match and I always thought he did ok. Again I don’t know what it was but the match just never really got off the ground. It was a longer match then the previous two matches with some decent back and forth action from both, but the referee kept getting in the way. (note to Total Action Wrestling, hire a new referee). In the end Sgt. Buddy Lee West hit the cannon fodder to pick up the victory at the 10:56 mark.

After the match, we were treated to our first promo from a Total Action Wrestling wrestler. It came from Ernie Turner as he talked about himself, the new company and his opponent for the first round of the title tournament Remmy Skye. (Wait this is in a title tournament, were the matches earlier in the same tournament? Thanks for informing the audience T.A.W.) The crowd really wasn’t into this promo by Turner. Blame the lack of interest in the earlier parts of the show, the crowd really not knowing where the promo was going, the fact that this was the first show but the promo just fell flat.

Being the Main Event of the evening, it was hard to watch, between the referee being slow and Turner just tiring out, I was almost happy that the show was over. The middle of the match was ok, but Skye was running circles, literally circles around Turner in the ring. In the end Skye picked up the victory with the Skye Diver to move on in the tournament.

From what I witnessed tonight, it almost seems like Total Action Wrestling, put the better half of the show on first and may have been better off flipping the card. It also may have been a better show if they would have told us that this was a tournament, or at least welcomed us to a new promotion. That said being a new promotion, it had its good points, the announcer really did a good job making the matches seem better then they were. Now why do I bring that up at a live show? Being so close to the ring and with such a small crowd I could actually hear him throughout the show. While it was only their first show, and they did not mention when their next show would be if you are looking for some cheap fun for only $3 a ticket. I would give Total Action Wrestling a try.

Thursday Week 4 December 2005

The gang pulls into the office after making it back from the first Total Action Wrestling show. As the rest go to the conference room, Charles grabs a cup of coffee. As Charles walks by his desk he notices a letter on the table. Without taking time to read it, Charles picks up the letter and heads to the back with the rest of the gang.

John: I just read your report and ouch, you torched the wrestlers.

Mike: For a first show they defiantly needed some work, but that referee was the one that made the matches look bad…I mean Marv you were good with what you had.

Marv: Thank you

Charles is still reading the letter

Charles: John, I guess you were not the only one there giving their opinions of the show. Wrestling World News also sent a guy in to grade the show. They gave Perez vs. Threepwood a “C-“, they considered The Big Problem car angle a “C-“ saying in general the segment was not a good idea, they rated Problem vs. Morgan a “C-“, they absolutely hated the West and Vegas angle giving it an “F”, West vs. Parker was a “D”, they disliked the Turner segment giving it a “C-“ and they thought the Turner vs. Skye Main Event was a “D”. They gave the show an overall “D” rating. They also say here that they will be at all of our events in the future, but they will not speak will us.

Duncan: Speaking of the show, it seemed to labor on at times when watching it from backstage. I think we should reconsider shortening the show to 30 minutes. I say this because while we are fine with the matches, the time used for angles and promos like the car “stunt” seemed forced and that we were just filling time.

Marv: I would have to agree with that one, if we continue with this and with this small of a roster we won’t have any variety left week to week as all of our roster will be used up.

Charles rubs his forehead

Charles: Ok we can try the next show at 30 minutes and see what that does. Now after the show I was able to pull the gate receipts and we may have another show change to look at. According to early estimates we only took in $102 from tickets and we ended up spending $700 just to put on the show, with another $7,750 going to pay the wrestlers. In total we lost $8,348 for that one show.

Mike: Wow!

John: With our next show in six days, how do we want to plan this week?

Charles motions at Mike

Charles: Well, based on Mike’s report we need a new ref so I will send out requests to get new refs into Total Action Wrestling. Tomorrow and Saturday we should talk with the roster to see how they thought the show went. Sunday we should finish planning the next show and talk with any other members of the roster we don’t get to in the next couple of days. If I send out the requests tonight, Monday we should be able to speak with some referees, then on Tuesday we leave for the show.

Duncan: Anything else?

Charles: Not that can’t be handled later on,. I know we have had a long last couple of days so go home and relax.

The rest of the gang gets up and leaves as Charles goes back to his desk and begins to look for new referees.

Charles: Ok, we need someone better then David Poker

Charles looks through the list of available referees and notices Jez McArthuer’s name

Charles: How is he unemployed

Charles immediately writes Jez a letter

Dear Jez McArthuer

My name is Charles Zulas, and I am setting the ground work for a new wrestling company based out of South Bend, Indiana named Total Wrestling Action. I am starting this company because I believe there is a lack of companies in North America that allow performers to hone their craft successfully. This need for a new company just does not pertain to wrestlers but referees as well and that is why I am requesting a meeting with you, to come in to a new company and help build it from the ground up.

Thank You

Charles Zulas

With that letter complete, Charles leaves the office

Friday Week 4 December 2005

Charles gets to the office, where the gang is sitting in the conference room

Mike: So Charles did you look for a new referee?

Charles: I sent a notice off to Jez McArthuer, hopefully he accepts.

Duncan: So today you wanted to contact wrestlers to see how they are doing after the first show.

Charles: That’s still the plan

Charles dials up C.H. Threepwood

Charles: Hello Mr. Threepwood, Charles Zulas here. Let me put you on speaker

Threepwood: Hello

Charles: Your on with the rest of the gang. I just wanted to call you to see how you were feeling after the first show and your match with Frankie Perez.

Threepwood: Physically I am doing fine, but I still believe I should be in the Main Event picture, so needless to say I am not thrilled that you had me lose to Perez last week.

Duncan: We have a plan for the title and a plan for you. I know you don’t like it, but if you want to be able to get anywhere you like, we have to be able to work our plan. That plan involved Frankie Perez wining and you losing last night.

A pause can be heard

Threepwood: Ok then, any plans for me on the next show?

Charles: We will be discussing that later and will get back to you.

Threepwood: I will be waiting to hear from you

Charles: Good bye Mr. Threepwood

Charles ends the call

Mike: Ok, next is Ernie Turner

Charles dials up Mr. Turner and after a couple of rings Mr. Turner answers

Ernie: Hello?

Charles: Mr. Turner, this is Charles Zulas and you are on with the rest of the gang

Turner: The gang.

Charles: We wanted to call and see how you were doing after last night’s show and your match against Remmy Skye?

Turner: I’m doing good, thanks for letting me get in the ring.

Marv: No problem,

Turner: I think I had a good match with Skye, but the ref was an idiot.

A small pause can be heard

John: We are taking steps to fix that Mr. Turner

Turner: Any plans for me on the next show?

Charles: None yet

Turner: Thanks for calling

Charles: See you at the next show

Charles ends the call, and immediately calls Frankie Perez

Perez: Hello?

Charles: This is Charles Zulas, Mr. Perez. I just wanted to call and see how you were doing?

Perez: I’m doing ok today

John: Any thoughts on your recent opponent, C.H. Threepwood?

Perez: I think he is ok, right now I am sure he would say he needs a little work but I thought he did fine for his first match in T.A.W.

Duncan: Thanks for the insight

Perez: Anytime

Duncan: We will talk more later, but remember that you have a second round tournament match with The Big Problem next week.

Perez: that should be a fun match

Mike: Ok now, bye

Charles ends the call and dials up Keith Vegas.

Marv: No one is answering

The gang lets the phone continue ringing until they hear Keith’s answering machine

Charles: Hello Mr. Vegas, this is Charles Zulas of Total Action Wrestling, I just wanted to call you and see how you liked your segment with Sgt. Buddy Lee West. No need to call back, I will just see you at the next show.

Mike: I think that is a sign that we should leave the other members on the roster for later.

Marv: Fine with me

John: I see no problem with that

Charles: Ok then, I will see all later.

Charles grabs his files and leaves the office for the day

Saturday week 4 December 2005

Charles gets to the office and finds the gang sitting in the conference room

Duncan: So have you heard the news?

Charles: No, Duncan

Duncan: D.A.V.E. lost their East Coast TV deal

Charles: Ouch, sorry about that, Danger and Violence Extreme has some good talent and I hope that they can be successful with the exposure.

Duncan: Right now they still have their American Option pay per view deal

Charles: That’s good. I was sitting at home and thinking that depending on how the tournament goes maybe we could get a pay per view deal

Duncan: Not likely but worth a shot

Marv: So today, do we want to keep calling the roster to get their thoughts on the show?

Charles: Yes, lets

Charles dials Remmy Skye

Skye: Hello?

Charles: Hello Remmy, this is Mr. Zulas

Skye: Hello sir

Charles: I was just calling to hear your thoughts on the last show.

Skye: I thought it was a good show. A nice change of pace from Coastal Zone.

John: We have other calls to get to but we also want to tell you that you have Sgt. Buddy Lee West in the next round of the tournament next week.

Skye: Thanks for putting me in the main event on the first show.

Duncan: Talk to you later

Charles ends the call

Charles: Looks like Sgt. Buddy Lee West is next

Charles dials up West

West: Hello?

Charles: West, this is Charles Zulas. I am calling the roster to see how they liked the first show.

West: I was hoping for a bigger reaction from the crowd, but in ring I thought the match was ok.

Marv: How did you like your segment with Keith Vegas?

West: It was fine, for what it was. I think as long as we only have Vegas give responses to orders and questions from me he will be better off.

Duncan: Listen West, as part of your work with Keith, I would like to have you accompany him to ringside during his matches.

West: I can do that

Duncan: Thanks, by the way your second round tournament match is with Remmy Skye

West: Sounds good

Charles: See you next week

Charles hangs up the call and looks at Duncan

Charles: Are you sure we can afford that?

Duncan: We will just have to make more then

John: Who’s next?

Charles: Steven Parker

Charles dials up Parker, the phone rings with no answer until Parker’s machine picks up

Parker: Thanks for calling, I am either out on the road, or just don’t want to talk to you. Leave a message and you might get a call back.

Charles laughs

Charles: This is Charles Zulas, I was just calling to get your thoughts on the last show. No plans have been made for you yet about the next one, so call me back later.

John: I know you wanted to get through these today but I am needing to head out early, so lets call it a day.

Charles: Ok

The gang gets up and leaves the office

Sunday Week 4 December 2005

Charles gets to the office. Charles grabs a cup of coffee and heads to the conference room where the gang is sitting and waiting for him.

Charles: Ready to get these last few calls over with?

Marv: lets do it

Charles dials up The Big Problem

Problem: Hello Mr. Zulas

Charles: Hello, I was just calling to hear your thoughts on the last show.

Problem: The segment with the car took more out of me, than I thought it would. I was struggling to get to the end of the match.

Charles: Speaking of the car segment, do you think you could do segments like that again?

Problem: I could but not every week

Charles: Understood…Listen I have to get to other calls but you will be facing Frankie Perez in the second round of the tournament.

Problem: Sounds good, bye.

Charles hangs up the call and dials Thomas Morgan

Charles: Time for the last call

Mike: What about TJ?

Marv: Since he was not in the show, we don’t need to call him

Charles: Hello Mr. Morgan

Morgan: Hello Mr. Zulas, listen I would love to talk but I am really busy now, so I will see you at the next show.

Charles: Take care then

Charles ends the call

Charles: Well that is everyone, listen Mike could you write up an advertisement for the next show on the site tomorrow.

Mike: Once we get the card finalized I can

Charles: Ok we will do that tomorrow

The front door can be heard opening

John: I’ll see who it is

John walks out of the room and returns moments later with Jez McArthuer

Charles: Hello Mr. McArthuer

Jez looks around at the room

Jez: Not bad

Charles: Please sit

Jez and Charles sit at the table

Charles: Let me cut to the chase, we here have started a new wrestling company Total Action Wrestling. We just had our first show last week and we noticed that during the show, our referee David Poker was lacking. We would like you to come in a help him out and be our head referee.

Jez: What offer do you have in mind?

Charles: Being a well known and being educated at your craft, we would like to offer you a non exclusive contract for 9 months at $1,000.

Jez: Deal

Charles: Thanks, please sign here.

Jez signs the contract

Mike: Welcome aboard

Charles: Ok now to decide the next show

Charles looks at Jez

Charles: Which is the first one you will be a part of. We are going to try a 30 min. show and see how that does.

Duncan: For matches we have Frankie Perez vs. The Big Problem in semi final one, while Remmy Skye takes on Sgt. Buddy Lee West in semi final two. With the winners facing that night to decide the first Total Wrestling Action champion.

Mike: I was thinking we do the two semi final matches, then we have an angle hyping the title match and then the match. That should be more then enough to cover 30 minutes of show.

Marv: If this is the plan, which means out of ten wrestlers only four get on tonight and Tyler James Bailey has yet to wrestle a match.

Charles: We could put him on before the actual show, to see how he does in the ring.

John: That would be better then having him start complaining about not being in shows.

Charles: In putting him there, we need a good opponent for him though?

Duncan: Ernie Turner is not doing anything on the show.

Marv: Sounds good to me

Charles: So the plan sounds like Bailey vs. Turner before, then Marv I would like you to welcome the crowd

Marv: Ok

Charles: Then on the actual show we open with Frankie Perez vs. The Big Problem, move to Remmy Skye vs. Sgt. Buddy Lee West after that a segment hyping the match and then the title match.

Duncan: I don’t see anything wrong with that.

Charles: With that done, I am going to head out. With it being new year’s eve, have a safe time tonight and see you here tomorrow morning.

Charles leaves the office

Monday Week 1 January 2006

Charles gets to the office where the gang is sitting in the conference room. Mike is sleeping in his chair

Charles: Good morning team

Mike slowly wakes up

Charles: Hello Mike, rough night last night?

Mike: Just stayed out a little too late

Charles: Well gang, we made it through the first month of Total Action Wrestling and it is time for the wrestling world to turn the page to a new year.

Charles pulls a letter from his back pocket

Charles: I received a letter from the team at Wrestling World News and they handed announced some of their yearly awards. Young Wrestler of the Year went to Sensational Dragon, Veteran Wrestler of the Year went to Alysian Scottsfield. Match of the Year went to North of the Border Pro Wrestling for Dan Stone Jr. defeating Jeremy Stone at Winter War. The Card of the Year went to Pride Glory Honor Wrestling for their Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival.

Duncan: In other news, for our first month of business we lost a total of $6,414; that includes $2,684 received in sponsorship deals. We still have ticket prices at $3 for the next show.

John: We still have the option of trying to get a pay per view deal to try and get some money rolling in.

Charles: As Duncan said earlier I doubt it will work, but see if Public Access Select will meet with us.

John leaves the room to write Public Access Select

Charles: So we have our card set up, we have the building ready. I think we should just leave from here tomorrow morning and get to the building early. So everyone rest up and I will see you tomorrow.

The gang leaves and once John is finished contacting Public Access Select, he leaves as well.

Tuesday Week 1 January 2006

The gang takes off for the Ohio Jewish Center

Wednesday Week 1 January 2006

The gang is backstage before the show and calls together the roster

Charles: Hello again, it is almost time for our second show. This week we have shortened the show to 30 minutes to try it out. Here is the line up for the show.

Duncan: We are opening with Perez vs. Problem, then we will go to Skye vs. West and then the main event will be title match. Now Bailey and Morgan have a dark match before the show.

Charles: So everyone have a good night and we are behind you.

After the wrestlers go their separate ways, David Poker comes up the Charles.

David: Mr. Zulas, I know last week was not a good week for me, and I also noticed that you hired Jez to be a referee for us. With this said I think I would like to move to the backstage area.

Charles: Thank you for coming to me, listen tonight I am going to have Jez work the show to see how he does. When we get back to the office I will talk with the rest of the gang and see about moving you out of a referee role.

David: I understand

Total Wrestling Action

January Week 1 2006

Hello fans of Total Wrestling Action, this is Mike and I hope you had a good new year. I was looking around town and noticed that Total Wrestling Action was scheduled to come back to the area, so I decided to pay my $3 and go to another T.W.A. show.

When I got there, no announcer was present and two wrestlers just made their way to the ring. One I recognized from last week as Thomas Morgan, who lost to The Big Problem the previous week, but I did not know who the second wrestler was. The match itself was nothing to write home about as Morgan defeated the no name wrestler easily.

After the match, the announcer came to the ring and welcomed us to the show. He mentioned that we would be crowning the first Total Action Wrestling champion, as he mentioned the four wrestlers left in the tournament. The one piece of good news was that T.W.A. was going to turn the Ohio Jewish Center into their main home for shows every week.

Once the announcer left, it was time for the first match as Frankie Perez who defeated C.H. Threepwood faced off against The Big Problem who defeated Thomas Morgan on the first show. The match was a quick affair as The Big Problem started the match off pounding away on Frankie Perez who was able to withstand the attack from the big man. In the end Frankie Perez won the match just as he did last week with the “P-Clutch” earning himself a spot in the Total Wrestling Action title match later in the show.

The next match was the second semi-final match to determine who would face Frankie Perez for the title as it was the Sgt. Buddy Lee West versus Remmy Skye. West defeated Steven Parker while Skye defeated Ernie Turner in last week’s main event to make it to this far tonight. West and Skye didn’t bring the house down, but they had some nice back and forth action. Even with that said I think people were more interested in just getting to the title match to see who would face Frankie Perez. In the end West locked in Recon Wrench to answer that question as he defeated Remmy Skye.

After the match T.W.A. immediately showed a video package of how West and Perez made it to the finals of the tournament. I think this annoyed the crowd more then anything as they just wanted to get to the match.

Finally it was time to crown the first Total Wrestling Action champion as Frankie Perez took on Sgt. Buddy Lee West. For the first title match in T.W.A. I must say that this was a great match. West and Perez just worked well together as if they had been doing this for years. Now don’t jump to conclusions and think that this was a five star classic that T.C.W. or S.W.F. can put on but for a company just starting out, and especially after that boring video package but this was a fun match. Both men really seemed like they wanted to prove something to each other and become the face of the new company heading forward. In the end Frankie Perez just could not reach the ropes as the Recon Wrench turned Sgt. Buddy Lee West into the first Total Wrestling Action champion.

Overall, I will say that T.W.A. learned from last week as the ill fated referee from last week never showed his face in a match. From a matches perspective this week is definitely a week the company can build from and try to gain a bigger audience. The main question I think will be the length of the show and if they keep this 30 minute format or go back to the hour format that they had for the first show?

Good job so far. Can't say i enjoyed the show lenght change, but i totally understand why you had to make it. Curious to see what you're gonna do with Poker, i'd probably fire the guy if he was that bad. There's nothing left for him in TAW from this point on, so i don't see the benefit of moving him backstage. As for the car sement on the first show, i didn't liked that at all. Seemed like you were just filling time and i don't see that happening on a local promotion irl. But overall i would say that you are doing a wondeful job with this diary and i'm enjoying it. Congrats.

Thursday Week 1 January 2006

As Mike stays in Ohio, Charles and the gang get back to the office and get right to work. Charles calls up Mike and puts him on speaker.

Charles: Hey Mike, it’s Charles here. Just wanted to say that we made it back and that we have another letter from Wrestling World News.

Mike: Cool, what did they think about the show?

Charles: They gave the pre-show match between Morgan and Bailey an “E”, they disliked Marv hyping the crowd giving him an “D”, they had nothing to say about the Perez vs. Problem match giving it a “C”, they considered the West vs. Skye match to be a bit of a let down giving it a “C-“, the video package was just a bad idea, giving it an “F”, while they enjoyed the main event between West and Perez, saying that they had great chemistry in the ring. They ended up giving the show a “C” rating overall.

Mike: That’s great

Charles: Listen Mike, on the way back from the show, I was thinking that it’s best if you just focus on the writing up the shows and not worry about the backstage stuff.

Mike: Ok, why?

Charles: That way you can write it up more from a fans perspective without knowing what we have decided upon. Plus it allows you to focus more time on answering questions and such.

Mike: I see, speaking of answering questions, I received a comment about the show on the message board. A fan by the name of shawn michaels 82 wrote:

Good job so far. Can't say i enjoyed the show lenght change, but i totally understand why you had to make it. Curious to see what you're gonna do with Poker, i'd probably fire the guy if he was that bad. There's nothing left for him in TAW from this point on, so i don't see the benefit of moving him backstage. As for the car sement on the first show, i didn't liked that at all. Seemed like you were just filling time and i don't see that happening on a local promotion, But overall i would say that you are doing a wondeful job. i'm enjoying it.

Duncan: I assume he meant T.W.A and not T.A.W.

A pause can be heard on the phone

Mike: Uh…Yeah their were a couple of misprints on show programs and I forgot to proof read the article.

Charles rolls his eyes at the comment

Charles: Well, we will just have to fix that now. We will talk later.

Charles ends the call

Charles: So John any news on how we did at the gate?

John: We drew the same as last week 34 fans, making $102 from ticket sales. We did cut down on our expenses by $1100.

Charles: Any early thoughts on 30 minutes shows versus 1 hour shows, at the moment?

Marv: we were able to get three matches on the show, so that means that normally six out of the ten will be used weekly, but I did like the shorter show as things seemed to move more smoothly and segments weren’t out of place.

Duncan: I would agree with that assessment…John any word from Public Access Select yet?

John: None yet.

Charles: Ok, gang David Poker came up to me before the show and asked to be removed from his referee position.

Duncan: Why?

Charles: He noticed that we brought in Jez and thought that he would be best in a backstage role.

Duncan: He really doesn’t have any use for us I think if not in a referee role. What’s his current contract?

Charles: $125 per appearance

Duncan: I know this is a cut-throat business, but I think we should let him go. We can’t afford to spend money we don’t need to.

Charles: John what do you think?

John: I would have to agree with Duncan here

Charles: And Marv?

Marv: I agree

Charles: Ok then. I don’t see anything major that we have to get done today so, take the rest of the day off and we will start prepping the next show tomorrow.

The gang gets up and leaves the office for the day

Archived