Hello, this one goes to Adam or to someone that can guide me in the given subject:

I'm interested in buying TEW 2010. I plan on paying it through paypal. However, and considering i don't have a paypal account, i will do it trhough a relative's account. As i'm not used to using paypal or making online payments, i just wanna know how can the paypal purchase be done? (Yes, i saw the topic that explains it, but i don't understand squat about paypal, so i would like a detailed and clear explanation about it.) I do apologize for the inconvenience, but i'm just trying to enjoy the TEW experience in the most convenient way that i have, as i'm sure you understand.

Ps: If this topic was not ment to be here, i also apologize.

I was new to paypal at one time so I'll try and give you a hand. On paypal you would initiate a payment and address it to arlie@greydogsoftware.com. Your relative should have a bank account linked to their paypal account. An electronic transfer from their bank to their paypal account will occur and then the payment will be sent. Make sure you let them know your name, email addy and that you are looking to purchase TEW2010. Once you send the payment, Artie will have to accept it and the payment will take a few days to clear. After it clears and everything is fine and dandy, they should email you with your license information.

Hope that helps :)

I was new to paypal at one time so I'll try and give you a hand. On paypal you would initiate a payment and address it to arlie@greydogsoftware.com. Your relative should have a bank account linked to their paypal account. An electronic transfer from their bank to their paypal account will occur and then the payment will be sent. Make sure you let them know your name, email addy and that you are looking to purchase TEW2010. Once you send the payment, Artie will have to accept it and the payment will take a few days to clear. After it clears and everything is fine and dandy, they should email you with your license information.

Has only ever taken a few hours tops when I've done it.

Indeed it helps. Thanks for the help,btw.

• 1 month later...
Has only ever taken a few hours tops when I've done it.

Yeah, the post says that it should only take a few hours ... 36 and still waiting is a few, right?

If anyone from GDS is reading this ... my payment cleared on the 15th, and I'm still waiting for my licence.

Arlie's been on a short holiday this weekend, I'd imagine he'll be dealing with them shortly now that he is back. Again, we provide the PayPal service as an extra "emergency" measure for people who can't get the game any other way, there are occasional delays because it is run entirely by GDS - we do make it clear that this is the drawback of the service, and we cannot guarantee a quick response (although we do achieve that 90% of the time).

Thank you for replying, Adam. At this point, I am getting rather upset. It's been a week now since my payment cleared, and while you may view Paypal as an "emergency" measure, in some cases it's the only way some of us can purchase the game.

I would like my licence as quickly as humanly possible. I had to wait a week for the payment to clear, and now to have to wait another week, when Arlie himself says that it should only take a few hours is ridiculous. Vacation or not, that was several days ago now. There is a quickly dwindling list of excuses as to why I don't have my license yet.

It does appear to have been a problem at GDS's side, but they made good on the delay. Thank you Arlie!

Glad to see things worked out for you and you're playing the coolest game ever. :)

Going to throw my 2 cents in on the PayPal thing (even though my 2 cents truly don't matter in this case :p).

I think one route GDS could do with PayPal payments is when a game is first being released, they could allow PayPal (only) users to "pre-order". I know the pre-order debate has happened and it truly isn't necessary for an E-Download purchase, but for these people who have to wait for their payment to clear it could be handy. I know that doesn't help anybody who purchases it after the release date, but it might be useful in the future.

For example: TEW release was announced Jan. 1st, demo released on Jan. 20th, and retail was on Jan. 25th.

I think if you allowed people to send payment from the day the demo is released, then their purchase would be cleared by the time the retail copy is available. Once again, just my 2 cents on something that doesn't concern me at all. Isn't that what an online forum is for anyway? ;)

Good Lord, that would be awesome. I have made 4 purchases from GDS, over the past few years, two through snail mail, and two through PayPal. Sitting around reading people's thoughts, as they jump through the full version of games, while I am stuck screwing around with the demo for an extra week and a half is not as awesome as one would hope.

• 3 months later...
Guest Chachins

Update on Paypal

Hi, I was just wondering if this is still the best way to pay with Paypal. I have TEW 2010 loaded and ready to go, and sent a couple e-mails to pr@greydogsoftware but have gotten no response there. It's a few months after this thread was started, so I wanted to be sure this is still the preferred method. I am playing the 2005 freeware and am going crazy wanting to get going with 2010!! Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Archived