Hiring rules, product, and stats

I'm trying to get a feel for how a promotion's product can properly be used in the hiring rules with the right stats.

My gut says that for Mainstream, there should a stat requirement for Star Power.

What about a promotion with a Key Feature of Traditional?

What stat(s) are to realism?

A piece of advice I give to folks is exercise caution. Using hiring rules in willy nilly fashion will cripple a promotion. You set it so they only hire people with say B or better star quality at Small and there won't be very many workers they can sign at all (probably not enough to even run a show).

The hiring rule categories do not correspond in any way to product types. Not at all. Any correlation that is made is done by the player, not the game. Every promotion can exist and thrive with no hiring rules whatsoever. Hiring rules are only to try to keep some promotions "true to their ideals" (like MAW hiring young workers, given Rip's mission statement for the promotion). Left alone, every promotion will hire based on what fits that promotion's product from the workers currently available.

So, in short, there are no 'stats' that correspond to products.

I'm trying to get a feel for how a promotion's product can properly be used in the hiring rules with the right stats.

My gut says that for Mainstream, there should a stat requirement for Star Power.

What about a promotion with a Key Feature of Traditional?

What stat(s) are to realism?

First, what Remmy said...

Second...

I actually disagree with this. Just because a worker doesn't have excellent SQ doesn't mean they aren't entertaining, or that they can't even become stars. Just means its less likely and harder.

But mostly go with what Remmy said. If its a company that all about Pure technical wrestling, maybe make a rule they can't hire any Spot Monkeys. For a fast paced, high flying company, maybe set a rule they can only hire people Light Heavyweight and smaller (and that's taken directly from 4C's hiring rules!)

EDIT: In fact, go look at some of the C-Verse company hiring rules. Seems like a good basis of how they should work. For the record, NONE of the Sports Entertainment companies have any rules regarding SQ. In fact, they all have very few rules. RAW only wants people 35 or younger (because you can't have old folks dragging down ratings on TV!), and EWA has a minimum set to Lightweight wrestlers (because EWA is ALPHA!)

Yeah, Charisma would be a more fitting rule for mainstream, I'd think. Then again, charisma would be a fitting rule for EVERY product. Star Quality would be a great thing to have in ANY product too.

Use hiring rules to streamline and focus a promotion by its history and persona (4C, MAW) not simply by its product. So while ACPW might favor spot monkeys, it shouldn't be the ONLY style they hire. There are, after all, technicians with good aerial skill.

Archived