<p>Just wondering how long it takes on average for you guys to book your shows? I've played a few games of this & on TEW 08 with WWE on RWM's & i take forever doing just one show mainly due to trying to be realistic & looking for angles & skits to put in my shows which takes me forever as i'm just looking for things rather than knowing what i want.</p><p> </p><p>

Do you even bother with these things or do you general just put the matches you want with a few videos etc. for hype & whatever?</p>

Booking a standard 1 1/2 hour tv show with USPW takes me 5-10 minutes. Admittedly I use a lot of the hypes and video angles but compared to 08 it still is lots quicker. Of course, I'm in 2014 and have written lots of angles in between that still suit me and will be used so I've got it streamlined a bit.

Days. Weeks. Freaking forever. That's probably why I spend most of my time working on graphics (though I'm not cool enough to be famous like ReapeR) instead of playing, actually. I'll sit down with the intention to book a show -- then I have to get my notes on my roster, which are usually not saved anywhere so I have to actually MAKE notes, then I have to print them off, grab a notebook, grab a pen, consider what my main event is going to be, and so on. It's... much, much less than perfectly efficient.

4 hour PPV takes me, on average, 20 minutes to book. I usually have the key matches advance booked so all that's usually necessary is angle placement and filler matches.

Normally when I start a game, as soon as my roster's together and stable (say, week 3 January), I advance book the entire year's worth of PPVs according to my intended plan.

I over-analyze everything, and get distracted a lot. I'm playing with the WWE, and it took me 20 minutes to do a Smackdown, then a few hours to do the RAW following (that few hours was over a few days).

That's probably why I've never had a game go longer than 2 years, in my half-decade of playing TEW.

I open word and I map out the show that way and then I just go in and book it. Of course I've been playing TEW since 07 so I'm pretty familiar with the angles and what not so it doesn't take more than fifteen minutes.

I do practically the same but with a handy dandy notebook and pen. I often need time away from TEW (PC) in betweens months. I say 'months' because I can do 4 TV shows and a PPV at the snap of a finger. Mostly because the last Sunday of the month I setup the stories for the coming month, so everything is already preset and ready to go. I've become very familiar with how the angles / matches have been setup in TEW and booking is really fast using the keyboard.

Normally when I start a game, as soon as my roster's together and stable (say, week 3 January), I advance book the entire year's worth of PPVs according to my intended plan.

I could never do this. I book month to month. I have an outline of what I want accomplished within that year - headline match ups, turns, tag break ups, etc - but things in my game always change. I rarely stick to the original plan I have drawn up in my head.

An hour and a half TV show can take me 5 - 15 minutes. A three hour PPV can take me up to a half hour. Why? Because I fuss around with the order over and over again until I think it's perfect. And then I change it up again. :rolleyes:

Archived