Why does this happen?!!?

Everyone on the roster was penalized for holding back slighty. Why would this happen? I don't get it. It can't be my product settings, it didn't happen the first two shows I booked. And how do I fix this <strong>"There was a feeling that a number of the angles used did not reach the standards set by the in-ring action."</strong> from happening again? It says that A LOT.

Everyone on the roster was penalized for holding back slighty. Why would this happen? I don't get it. It can't be my product settings, it didn't happen the first two shows I booked. And how do I fix this "There was a feeling that a number of the angles used did not reach the standards set by the in-ring action." from happening again? It says that A LOT.

Not sure what to do with the holding back thing.

However, for the other thing, I was told that I needed to use my people in segments that better fit them. For instance if you have a segment that is based on speaking you should put two good talkers in it.

The "penalized for holding back slightly" comes from Scripted matches, I believe. Maybe even any match that isn't specifically called in the ring. It's not that big a deal.

"There was a feeling that a number of the angles used did not reach the standards set by the in-ring action." is an easy one to fix. Make the Angles better. It's a fairly clear, to-the-point note.

I'm getting some conflicting answers here. Some of it makes sense though. I understand being that this did happen on my weekly TV show, and I do have two A shows and a B show each week, so maybe they are taking it easy so they survive my schedule? The holding back happened on both my TV shows I have booked so it has me wondering. I don't want it to happen all the time but on PPV, because you don't sandbag every single match but the PPV. That would be unrealistic

Penalizied for holding back comes into play typically if its a TV match. The workers just aren't going to give their all in quite the same way as if its a pay per view. The match simply doesn't mean as much, so why would they?

This.

From what I understand it is a small penalty, and accurately portrays the element of people going all out on PPV. The "Wrestlemania Effect" if you will, look at how better some performers are at WM.

For the angles being too low, that is coming up because they are rated lower than your matches. This may be due to overness (somebody with B+ in entertainment but F- in Overness in that region will not get as good a rating), skills, product (some products don't like angles as much) or a mixture of all of those.

I would reccomend using only your most talented and over people in angles, otherwise they will bring down the show. Using anyone below midcard (unless they are "not rated" or in an angle with someone very highly rated) is a no-no. And really it should only be the territory of Main Eventers and Highly rated Upper Midcarders.

Momentum also affects angle grade, now that I think about it. And in regional companies that can be a real problem, because momentum id much harder to build.

I'm getting some conflicting answers here. Some of it makes sense though. I understand being that this did happen on my weekly TV show, and I do have two A shows and a B show each week, so maybe they are taking it easy so they survive my schedule? The holding back happened on both my TV shows I have booked so it has me wondering. I don't want it to happen all the time but on PPV, because you don't sandbag every single match but the PPV. That would be unrealistic

Mr. Ryland himself has explained that it is impossible to book a match completely free of any penalties at all. That's not realistic and it doesn't happen.

The holding back note shouldn't happen on big events like pay per views. Maybe if you have your biggest star in the opening match or something, I guess its conceivable. And as for it happening all the time on TV, its not a massive penalty. So its not like that note is going is going to take a B+ match and make it B-.

I don't want it to happen all the time but on PPV, because you don't sandbag every single match but the PPV. That would be unrealistic

I find it helpful if you look at it this way: They're not really holding back on the tv events, they're just doing that much better at the PPV events. I know that's not how it's worded, but I think it's the basic effect that Adam was going for.

I find it helpful if you look at it this way: They're not really holding back on the tv events, they're just doing that much better at the PPV events. I know that's not how it's worded, but I think it's the basic effect that Adam was going for.

Good way to term in, Tutt.

Archived