momentum booking

<p>Okay another momentum booking question. I have a storyline (3 PPV) going with Peter Valentine and Fred Datsun. At the fist PPV Valentine was at 87 momentum and Datsun was mid to low 70s. I had Datsun win by DQ. Now Datsun is at 80 momentum and Valentine is low 70s. I knew Datsun would go up, but I did not think Valentine would fall so far. I would like to get Valentine back into the 80s by the next PPV, so is it better to have him win matches against lower momentum workers like in the range of 55-70, or would he benefit from losing to Enygma who is 96 momentum?</p><p> </p><p>

I have a similar question going the opposite way Champion I pushed a little too hard (90 momentum) and I am afraid he wants to be a Main Eventer, if I have him lose to someone in the low 80s how much damage would I do? Is this a good strategy?</p>

Okay another momentum booking question. I have a storyline (3 PPV) going with Peter Valentine and Fred Datsun. At the fist PPV Valentine was at 87 momentum and Datsun was mid to low 70s. I had Datsun win by DQ. Now Datsun is at 80 momentum and Valentine is low 70s. I knew Datsun would go up, but I did not think Valentine would fall so far. I would like to get Valentine back into the 80s by the next PPV, so is it better to have him win matches against lower momentum workers like in the range of 55-70, or would he benefit from losing to Enygma who is 96 momentum?

I have a similar question going the opposite way Champion I pushed a little too hard (90 momentum) and I am afraid he wants to be a Main Eventer, if I have him lose to someone in the low 80s how much damage would I do? Is this a good strategy?

I sounds like you are confusing momentum with popularity (overness). Popularity is the thing that will affect things like push and match grades (momentum does play a part in match ratings, just to a smaller extent).

Momentum is about how 'hot' a worker is - are they on a winning streak, are they in a really great storyline, putting on really great matches or just generally 'on fire' at the moment?

Popularity is simply how well known the worker is. The manual says..."This is a worker’s name value in relation to the reactions he gets from a crowd (overall, not just “entrance pops”) and what sort of impact his name would have on ticket sales."

Think of someone really well-known who has lost a few matches in a row, isn't really being used in any storylines and seems to be just floating - basically they've stalled. Said worker can still have relatively high popularity but their momentum is shot.

Having Valentine lose to Enygma is unlikely to raise his momentum, especially because the two aren't to put on a particularly great match. Equally, the reason Champion wants to be a main eventer is because of his popularity levels, not his momentum.

Thanks for the reply. Based on what you have said the Enygma plan is not going to work. It looks like I have to have Valentine beat some people to raise his momentum. I try not to put him on TV too much for the obvious.

So a worker looses and gains momentum based on whether they win or loose. And from what you are saying having a higher momentum worker beat a lower momentum worker is not really going to help, momentum-wise, the lower worker, it may help overness. So why do you think Datsun's momentum went us so far and Valentine's went down so low after the PPV1. Valentine had not lost in more than a month.

So a worker looses and gains momentum based on whether they win or loose.

Not entirely, but that's certainly a big part of it. Highly rated angles will also see momentum go up, especially when linked to a highly rated storyline. Seeing as you are USPW, try putting Sam Strong in a single, on-screen, hype angle at the beginning of each show. He'll score between B and A and you'll see his momentum go through the roof.

And from what you are saying having a higher momentum worker beat a lower momentum worker is not really going to help, momentum-wise, the lower worker, it may help overness.

It depends, a series of squash matches with a monster heel would see his momentum go up regardless of who he was facing. Generally though, an uninteresting match against a low momentum worker won't do a huge amount for the winner. However, as you found earlier, whilst winning against a higher momentum worker can have a big increase for the victor, the loser can suffer quite a bit.

So why do you think Datsun's momentum went us so far and Valentine's went down so low after the PPV1. Valentine had not lost in more than a month.

Could be a lot of things. Basically, workers tend to trade momentum if it is a big gap, although it isn't a 1:1 thing. The further apart two workers are in terms of momentum the bigger the change will be for both. A tainted win for Datsun (not dirty, tainted) would have reduced the effect but basically, someone who isn't doing a lot (Datsun) just beat the man of the moment (Valentine).

Think of it this way, Valentine hasn't lost in a month - he's an unstoppable heel who'll cheat to win and does so every match. Freddie Datsun, on the other, always loses. Suddenly, the two have an okay match where the unbeatable Valentine...loses...fairly. The whole aura of Peter being a real contender has just taken a huge knoc - hence the momentum loss. That doesn't mean you can't lose if you have high momentum, it just needs a little planning out first (or you can just build him back up again fairly quickly).

Thank you all for your help. I am starting to see where I have gone wrong and how I can try and correct it. I have some jobbers I can put Valentine out against and build him back up before the next PPV and I have a few angles planned.

My plan is to have Valentine win the next PPV but I want it to be like his feet were on the ropes or he pulled tights something like that. I am trying to get the most out of Valentine before he screws things up. I think I might have used the road agent notes incorrectly. I used plain DQ finish in the first PPV, should I have used DQ finish with something else Tainted or Cheap? I get confused on when to use those and I tend not to use them because of that. What should I do this time for a tights pull or using ropes win for Valentine, I want him to win but I don't want to kill Datsun yet for the blow off in PPV3.

A DQ finish is a cheap finish by default so no need to use that. And honestly, the best way to get Valentine up (or anybody in USPW for that matter) is to put them in angles with Sam Strong. Valentine doesn't have to be rated on something (and since he is not good at anything pretty much there's no need to have him rated) but his pop and momentum will skyrocket. Not too mention that the ratings will be much better because his matches are simply godawful. When I booked USPW I just made him Strongs lackey and had him appear next to him in every segment Strong appeared in.

I get confused on when to use those and I tend not to use them because of that. What should I do this time for a tights pull or using ropes win for Valentine, I want him to win but I don't want to kill Datsun yet for the blow off in PPV3.

Although I haven't got TEW to hand, I believe tainted is described as the loser having a reason for the defeat. A cheap finish, as Maximillian said, is like a DQ, count out type finish (anything that would result in the title not changing hands).

I use tainted whenever the loser is cheated out of the win (i.e. he deserved to win but through no fault of his own didn't) or if a heel DQs himself (after all, the DQer hasn't really lost). I believe tights pull/using the ropes is a tainted win.

I would use: Victor - Peter Valentine, Script, Tainted Win. You could also add in managerial interference to get Sneer involved or Keep Strong for Datsun if you wanted to be really careful (though the match rating will suffer slightly for keep strong).

A heel DQ'ing himself would be a cheap finish, because all DQ finishes are "cheap" in terms of TEW.

But that doesn't mean it can't be a tainted win as well. Tainted win will just reduce the effect of losing, a cheap finish will stop the title changing hands - the two can be used together.

If you use any DQ finidh the title won't change hands, so I don't get what you're getting at. :confused:

A tainted win will still result in the title changing hands though. I was pointing out that Tainted Win and Cheap Finish are not mutually exclusive. I thought you were saying that a heel DQing himself was a cheap finish and not a tainted win - I'm just saying that it can be both. No doubt we've just crossed-wires somewhere! :D

A tainted win will still result in the title changing hands though. I was pointing out that Tainted Win and Cheap Finish are not mutually exclusive. I thought you were saying that a heel DQing himself was a cheap finish and not a tainted win - I'm just saying that it can be both. No doubt we've just crossed-wires somewhere! :D

Wouldn't a heel DQ'ing himself be a cheap finish, in the sense it did not have a desicive ending? But not tainted because he deserved the loss because he gave up?

Wouldn't a heel DQ'ing himself be a cheap finish, in the sense it did not have a desicive ending? But not tainted because he deserved the loss because he gave up?

Yes, this is exactly the case. A tainted win is a win where the winner does something against the rules in order to get a win, such as pulling the tights or having their feet on the ropes. A cheap finish is a non-finish where no-one is really beaten, such as a DQ or a count-out. The two notes really are mutually exclusive, as one requires a "proper" finish of some kind with some kind of unclean twist on it and the other requires that there is no "proper" finish at all.

As far as momentum goes, in my games I can never seem to generate "new" momentum regardless of how many A and B+ rated angles I run. Momentum only seems to change hands in matches, and the loss for the loser is almost always more than the gain for the winner, thus resulting in a net loss of overall momentum. That's just how it's been for me, but I'm not the best player in the world. That's why I play with momentum turned off.

As far as momentum goes, in my games I can never seem to generate "new" momentum regardless of how many A and B+ rated angles I run. Momentum only seems to change hands in matches, and the loss for the loser is almost always more than the gain for the winner, thus resulting in a net loss of overall momentum. That's just how it's been for me, but I'm not the best player in the world. That's why I play with momentum turned off.

That sounds about right. As a promotion, you slowly but surely lose your roster's momentum, unless you generate new momentum by debuting new characters strongly or by turning people. Sort of an inadvertent simulation of a roster becoming stale and boring... Or perhaps not inadvertent at all.

• 4 years later...

This is what I'm struggling with. I'm running a WWE mod and a ton of my guys have very poor momentum. I make sure to fill up each card with enough matches, including pre-shows.

---Daniel Bryan is currently my champ. When I check morales of each wrestler, only Roman Reigns wants to in the WWE title picture. Only 3 guys want a shot at the Intercontinental title.

Any suggestions????

Archived