How exactly does a 'Floating' title work?

You'll never see the workers saying that title is above them or beneath them in the "Talk to Worker" screen, either.

I make a lot of my titles floating, because I've always liked the idea that any title is something to be proud of, sort of like how the Intercontinental Belt was treated in early 90's WWF, and likewise the U.S. Title in pre-2000 WCW. Nearly any worker was happy to win them, even a main eventer.

You'll never see the workers saying that title is above them or beneath them in the "Talk to Worker" screen, either.

I make a lot of my titles floating, because I've always liked the idea that any title is something to be proud of. Nearly any worker was happy to win them, even a main eventer.

The only problem to treating a title like this in the game (and making it a floating title) is that a floating title can become a Main Event level title, and it could even become more prestigous then your Main belt.

The only problem to treating a title like this in the game (and making it a floating title) is that a floating title can become a Main Event level title, and it could even become more prestigous then your Main belt.

I don't guet the utility of it. I mean,if i put a floating title on a low midcard, trying to push him, it won't work,right? If it doesn't get affected by prestige...then how is it useful?

I don't guet the utility of it. I mean,if i put a floating title on a low midcard, trying to push him, it won't work,right? If it doesn't get affected by prestige...then how is it useful?

A high prestige title adds to a match rating... a low one might detract from it. Most promotions have a main belt and a secondary belt that gets passed around. Treat the secondary belt well and it can be a way for a midcarder to really break through from the midcard to the main event, gaining a little from the boost the belt will give to every match they are in.

But if you don't see the point, don't use it. You're probably not the only one and it's better for human players than it is for the AI who will generally pick someone in the "right" range for the belt anyways. The IC belt might be on Jericho one day and Dolph Ziggler the next... Jericho will raise the belt's prestige, the belt's prestige will raise Ziggler. Repeat until Jericho has the belt 12 squillion times. :)

A high prestige title adds to a match rating... a low one might detract from it. Most promotions have a main belt and a secondary belt that gets passed around. Treat the secondary belt well and it can be a way for a midcarder to really break through from the midcard to the main event, gaining a little from the boost the belt will give to every match they are in.

But if you don't see the point, don't use it. You're probably not the only one and it's better for human players than it is for the AI who will generally pick someone in the "right" range for the belt anyways. The IC belt might be on Jericho one day and Dolph Ziggler the next... Jericho will raise the belt's prestige, the belt's prestige will raise Ziggler. Repeat until Jericho has the belt 12 squillion times. :)

Agree. I gaven't palyed that much lately because i'm still waiting for my new laptop, but i don't really see much utility for floating titles. But i do hope they continue. it's useful if we want to put a title on a guy that isn't ready for one of the midcard titles and stuff like that. And it probably can be useful to reproduce certain real life situations. But i do prefer working with normal titles. But thats me.

Good thing my main belt is at 100.

Is that a problem though? Really? In my current game I have 3 Main Event straps (Heavyweight, Lightweight and Tag Team) and I imagine they bounce around each other quite a bit. Doesn't really matter which is on top.

Is that a problem though? Really? In my current game I have 3 Main Event straps (Heavyweight, Lightweight and Tag Team) and I imagine they bounce around each other quite a bit. Doesn't really matter which is on top.

Unless someone is a perfecionist sob that likes the main title to remain as the main title....kind of like me! :D

Archived