What grinds your gears?

brashleyholland

So the best franchise in the history of pro sports is over-rated? Okay.....:rolleyes:

Just because they have the money to buy enough people to cover the others weaknesses, doesn't make them that great. Given, yes, they have some talented players. But, then again, wouldn't any team have the same chance if they had the funds?

This was overly hilarious. Did anyone catch the latest South Park episode that Comedy Central literally bleeped to shreds? I didn't even finish more than three minutes of it because the bleeps were everything and anything. It was beyond ridiculous.

That was my inspiration. Sadly, you missed the end. Stan's whole "morale of the story" thing was bleeped. Apparently, it shouldn't have been, according to Matt and Trey. But, who knows what's a work these days.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because they have the money to buy enough people to cover the others weaknesses, doesn't make them that great. Given, yes, they have some talented players. But, then again, wouldn't any team have the same chance if they had the funds?

That was my inspiration. Sadly, you missed the end. Stan's whole "morale of the story" thing was bleeped. Apparently, it shouldn't have been, according to Matt and Trey. But, who knows what's a work these days.

Yes I am so voting you to be the president. :p

I tried to watch it as well. They just turned what use to be a funny show into a joke. Stupid comedy central.

But look at the current team, most of the players that have made the biggest contributions to the team have not been bought. They were either drafted or they were traded for.

Being traded for does not constitute buying someone.

But look at the current team, most of the players that have made the biggest contributions to the team have not been bought. They were either drafted or they were traded for.

Being traded for does not constitute buying someone.

It does if the trade was only made because it was the last year of a deal and it was the only way the team could get anything for the player as he would cost too much sign. So they trade him to someone who can afford and wants to pay them a large sum. I don't fault the team you are talking about, but the times it happens like that it is buying players.

This was overly hilarious. Did anyone catch the latest South Park episode that Comedy Central literally bleeped to shreds? I didn't even finish more than three minutes of it because the bleeps were everything and anything. It was beyond ridiculous.

This is one thing that REALLY Grinds my gears right here...

That group that threatened the South Park folks, their freedom of speech is protected, while Jim Cornette is threatened with possible legal action for his (lack of) free speech, (an e-mail he sent to Terry Taylor ya'll may have heard about, with some... let's say unkind... words in regards to Vince Russo).

Stuff like that irks me to no end.

Grrrrr.............

Not saying what Cornette was right or wrong, just saying it was just as much free speech as what those folks said about the South Park guys. Seems odd that the Freedom of Speech thing seems to apply with a vengeance to some folks and barely at all to others.

For the record, so far I've missed Part Two of the episode. I saw Part One though, and was looking forward to Part Two until all this stuff started happening...

And a small, tiny, insignificant thing that kinda/sorta/in a way grinds my gears is sometimes... not all the time, but sometimes... I'll be watching something on TV. Like 45 minutes I'll be watching, and then a commercial break will come up, and half-way through the break, I'll forget what I was watching! It's just a few short moments of anxiety, but still...

My gears are fairly well ground for those few moments.

When something preempts a show or movie and you know that episode won't be shown again:

unless its one of the shows that gets re aired just before the next season starts

or you have to wait till it goes into syndication

or until its posted on-line somewhere.

or it goes to dvd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel bad for my wife when her soaps are preempted too because they never get replayed unless you have the soap channel.

So the best franchise in the history of pro sports is over-rated? Okay.....:rolleyes:

No, the best franchise in pro sports history would be Manchester United. :D

Added things I dislike.......

1) People calling football "soccer". It's called football because you use your feet for the entirety of the game. Now while I enjoy American "Football" it should not be called just "football". Football is called football!

2) People who continually blame others for there own shortcomings.

3) snakes

4) Intolerant people

5) Children who continually cry and scream in restaraunts.

6) People in supermarkets who think it is Ok to leave there trolly sideways in an aisle while they stand in the other half of the aisle, thus blocking the entire p*****g thing.

7) People that don't say excuse me when they walk into you. (I have a reflex and I say it when it wasn't even my fault)

8) Dumb people who think they are intelligent.

9) The euro

10) Jeremy Kyle for he is all that is wrong in the world. I would pay good money to see a punch of toothless folk beat the crap out of him.

11) People who pass on other stories as if it were their own

12) Language teachers

13) the voice over lady who makes continual jabs at Kevin James for being fat on comedy central before the King of Queens comes on.

14) Every talent show

thats about it I reckon.

14)

7) People that don't say excuse me when they walk into you. (I have a reflex and I say it when it wasn't even my fault)

8) Dumb people who think they are intelligent.

7) Yes I hear you on that one. I hate those people so much they annoy me.

8) Nothing to be said there.

I went for a walk the other day. Mind you I am a female just out for a stroll minding my own business talking on my phone to a friend of mine.

These construction guys were making lude comments. I mean seriously what is it with pigheaded men?

7) Yes I hear you on that one. I hate those people so much they annoy me.

8) Nothing to be said there.

I went for a walk the other day. Mind you I am a female just out for a stroll minding my own business talking on my phone to a friend of mine.

These construction guys were making lude comments. I mean seriously what is it with pigheaded men?

Check minus. See me after class.

1) People calling football "soccer". It's called football because you use your feet for the entirety of the game. Now while I enjoy American "Football" it should not be called just "football". Football is called football!

Guess you guys should have won that revolution, huh? :p

6) People in supermarkets who think it is Ok to leave there trolly sideways in an aisle while they stand in the other half of the aisle, thus blocking the entire p*****g thing.

I never get these people! Along with this, groups of people who must.. jsut must walk side by side and block the entirety of time from passing.

7) People that don't say excuse me when they walk into you. (I have a reflex and I say it when it wasn't even my fault

I had this happen, almost, twice today. I work retail, so, I deal with people, and the stupidest people all at once, everyday.

Another thing, along that idea, are people who walk straight at you, and make no effort to move out of your way at all. Why should I have to move? I need to adopt that philosophy. I'm 6'3 270 pounds, I can block some ****.

Lastly. Yankee fans. Wait, did I say that one? One good thing about Yankee fans? They aren't Red Sox fans.

Another thing, along that idea, are people who walk straight at you, and make no effort to move out of your way at all. Why should I have to move? I need to adopt that philosophy. I'm 6'3 270 pounds, I can block some ****.

Lastly. Yankee fans. Wait, did I say that one? One good thing about Yankee fans? They aren't Red Sox fans.

Either you are a tall female, or I was wrong. :D:p

No, the best franchise in pro sports history would be Manchester United. :D

If that's the case, I bet the Glazers wish they owned the second best (since it's worth far more) or even the fourth or fifth best (considering they just moved into a billion dollar palace six or so months ago).

It has to do with location and/or background. In North America, football is one sport (played with an oblong ball and pads that still don't protect from injury) while elsewhere it's another. There are many terms that are similar. 'Dork' means something totally different in Alaska than it does in the mainland US. If a kid in the US said he wanted to play pro football when he grows up, there are three letters that would come to the minds of most everyone in earshot and those letters would not be 'MLS'.

Perhaps a better example to illustrate the point: what system of measurement is used throughout the world? What system of measurement is used in the United States? Why is one called 'standard' when it really isn't?

I've got a couple more than I stumbled on this weekend.

- People who have no concept of 'camping out'. Couple friends just bought an RV and said they wanted to 'camp out' next weekend and invited me and a guest along. NEWS FLASH: You're not campin' out! You're taking a freakin' $75,000 apartment on the road (this thing). Honorable mention goes to my group of travel buddies (including the aforementioned couple) who, last time we went "camping" at Sugarloaf Mountain, we did so in a fleet of SUVs with big ass wedding tents, generators, and TVs!!!

- A corollary to the 'drive thru' thing. Amusement parks. Why is it that there are people who will stand in the churros stand line and when it's their turn to order, act like deciding what they want is a matter of immense importance? Hi, it's a CHURROS STAND. You should order, oh I dunno, perhaps CHURROS?!?! The same thing applies for the spot where they sell funnel cakes.

- Fundamentalist vegetarians (or vegans). Great, wonderful, you don't eat meat (or any animal products). I respect that. But don't pitch a fit when I walk my skinny ass into that steakhouse and get me a slab o' ribs or a porterhouse that weighs more than your weekly food intake.

- Stupid teachers (or rather, teachers who think their kids are stupid). In the 9th grade (public school, of course), I was suspended from school for disputing the teacher and "being disruptive". My crime? I disagreed with him when he said Columbus discovered America. He took issue with me when I said, "Okay, I'm going to your house right now and because I've never been there before, I'm discovering it for...well, me and my family." My niece got into some trouble a couple years ago when she "corrected" a music teacher and told him that no, Elvis Presley did not "invent" rock & roll.

- David Patterson. 'nuff said.

- A realtor I recently fired. She kept trying to sell me on buying into a condo complex in Newark. Yes, I have friends in the area (building across the street, in fact). But lemme get this straight. You want me to pay $400k+ to move from Brooklyn, NY....to the Brooklyn of New Jersey? I'll play like Steve Nash and pass. What's worse is, I specifically told her 'No New York, no New Jersey, no Connecticut'.

- City & state governments who view travelers as piggy banks. Anyone in the US who has traveled recently (and actually looked at their bill) knows what I'm talkin' about. Sixteen years ago when I first got into the business, I thought it was no big deal. Now, it's freakin' ridiculous.

I'm not sure my answer there. I'm all man. Well, ok, 70% man, 20% marinara sauce, and 10% other.

Take that you scoundrel!

Ok well I like 80% of you!

You know what I really hate?

Speedbumps. I swear I trip over the same stupid one every day when I go for a walk. Why? Because I don't pay attention. Flip flops and speedbumps do NOT mix well.

Ok well I like 80% of you!

You know what I really hate?

Speedbumps. I swear I trip over the same stupid one every day when I go for a walk. Why? Because I don't pay attention. Flip flops and speedbumps do NOT mix well.

Why are you walking in the street or what are speed bumps doing on the sidewalk?

- Stupid teachers (or rather, teachers who think their kids are stupid). In the 9th grade (public school, of course), I was suspended from school for disputing the teacher and "being disruptive". My crime? I disagreed with him when he said Columbus discovered America. He took issue with me when I said, "Okay, I'm going to your house right now and because I've never been there before, I'm discovering it for...well, me and my family." My niece got into some trouble a couple years ago when she "corrected" a music teacher and told him that no, Elvis Presley did not "invent" rock & roll.

I dunno, man. He was one of the innovators of Rockabilly. He wasn't the first, but he was close. But I have to add that correcting teachers who are wrong is a fundamental right that I have exercised dozens or hundreds of times.

Why are you walking in the street or what are speed bumps doing on the sidewalk?

Instead of walking across the street at the corner I cut diagonally across. That usually winds up being me walking down the middle of the street until a car decides to come down. I live in a pretty small community so not much traffic. :D

Instead of walking across the street at the corner I cut diagonally across. That usually winds up being me walking down the middle of the street until a car decides to come down. I live in a pretty small community so not much traffic. :D

I've done that... given, it's usually at 3 or 4am, cause, well, people tend to aim for you where I live.