What grinds your gears?

brashleyholland

I hate anyone who likes Justin Beiber. That dude plucks my nerves. His voice is horrible and the songs are even worse.

I like 2 of his songs.

That sadly happens with every generation of girls Paws. From Frankie Avalon in the 1950's-1960's to David Cassidy in the 1970's, to New Kids on the Block in the 1980's, each generation has a teen idol that is manufactured for that era of teenage girls to fawn over. It is a business and it works, the only thing is once that window is up those teen idols become type casted or thrown away for the new flavor of the month and those poor guys have a hard time getting work again.

It's very annoying though it's amazing that something that little can really pluck my nerves.

Especially if its someone ugly. -Joe Jonas, Robert Pattinson, Justin Bieber

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when wherever you go and there teenage girls around they always talk about how much they like Justin beiber or Rob Pattinson or how hot they are. Or they say they're going to grow up and marry each other.

Never saw the appeal of Robert Pattinson. Well, I kinda do, he's playing a popular character, so the lust for Edward translates into lust for Pattinson, but... The dude looks constantly stoned to me. I don't know, maybe that's the 'in' thing for teenage girls right now. I'm not exactly on the cutting edge of these things. Maybe I should hang around teenage girls more often.

Never saw the appeal of Robert Pattinson. Well, I kinda do, he's playing a popular character, so the lust for Edward translates into lust for Pattinson, but... The dude looks constantly stoned to me. I don't know, maybe that's the 'in' thing for teenage girls right now. I'm not exactly on the cutting edge of these things. Maybe I should hang around teenage girls more often.

R-Patz is related to Dracula. Also I hate Twilighters. I hate how they obsess over everything. Vampires aren't supposed to be cool, damnit!

:eek::eek::eek: It has been revealed. Now wonder. The Dude looks like a lady.

He sounds like one too.

Well reading the books Edward was ok (I guess so if you pick what the characters look like.)... But I prefer the furry warewolf.

But watching the movie, Edward is just plain ugly

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/justin-bieber-totally-looks-like-ellen-page.jpg

Reminds me of the song "dude looks like a lady"

Taylor Lautner Is a lot better. Robert Pattinson was not very good for the role of Edward. Also Kristen Stewart really kills the role of Bella for me. No emotions at all in her acting.

R-Patz is related to Dracula. Also I hate Twilighters. I hate how they obsess over everything. Vampires aren't supposed to be cool, damnit!

I don't obsess over everything like most do. Unless you call wanting to see it at midnight when it comes out obsessing :D

Vampires are COOL!

But not Edward. He's a lame vampire.

However: Angel, Spike and Bill Compton are all pretty awesome.

Oh. And The Count.

Reminds me of the song "dude looks like a lady"

Taylor Lautner Is a lot better. Robert Pattinson was not very good for the role of Edward. Also Kristen Stewart really kills the role of Bella for me. No emotions at all in her acting.

I started singing the song in my head when I read the line as well Mlt :)

I watched another movie with Kristen stewart in it. One of the nora roberts movies. I think it was Carolina Moon. She is a really bad actor.

Taylor Lautner almost got replaced because he didn't have enough muscle.

I actually didn't mind the first two Twilight movies. Bit dull, but mostly harmless. Vampires have come in many forms over the years, and a lot of the versions have links to sexuality. The Twilight version is simply that, tailored to how teenage girls view love and sexual urges.

I am also on Team Jacob, by the way.

I actually didn't mind the first two Twilight movies. Bit dull, but mostly harmless. Vampires have come in many forms over the years, and a lot of the versions have links to sexuality. The Twilight version is simply that, tailored to how teenage girls view love and sexual urges.

I like the second one better when Edward actually leaves.

Haha me too :D

I like you so much now. :)

I prefer the books over the movies. The books are great if you liked the movies at all.

I prefer the books over the movies. The books are great if you liked the movies at all.

I got into the books just before Twilight came out. My friend talked me into reading them. I read the whole series before I watched any movies. I am glad I did.

The recent trend of werewolves being glorified shapeshifters bugs me a lot. I'm sure there's other literature that deals with that too. Southern Vampire Mysteries and the Twilight Series are guilty of this big time. I love the Southern Vampire Mystery books, and I really love True Blood but I've always considered Werewolves to be more upright man-wolf hybrids...like this:

http://www.werewolves.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/spell.jpg

The recent trend of werewolves being glorified shapeshifters bugs me a lot. I'm sure there's other literature that deals with that too. Southern Vampire Mysteries and the Twilight Series are guilty of this big time. I love the Southern Vampire Mystery books, and I really love True Blood but I've always considered Werewolves to be more upright man-wolf hybrids...like this:

http://www.werewolves.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/spell.jpg

Werewolf= Man that can shift into either a wolf or a werewolf form.

Shapeshifter= Man that can shift into a wolf form.

In the very last book Edward tells the other vamps the pack isn't of werewolves but of Shapeshifters. ANother small thing Edward does that ticks Jake off.

Vampires have always been cool.

Vampires are COOL!

But not Edward. He's a lame vampire.

However: Angel, Spike and Bill Compton are all pretty awesome.

Oh. And The Count.

You forgot Barnabas Collins and Nick Knight who are also awsome Vampires. Oh and the two kings of vampire movies Béla Lugosi and Christopher Lee.

Also Kristen Stewart really kills the role of Bella for me. No emotions at all in her acting.

She just can't act, she was pretty bad in Adventureland as well.

Hmm. Apparently women like it when you have opinions on Twilight... Good to know.

I'm not much of a reader any more. Time was I would get through a novel a week, and probably would have given the Twilight books a shot, but I struggle to find the time nowadays. It's the internet's fault. Very distracting.

As for cool vampires, I'm a fan of Blade. Only half-vamp, but all-awesome.

That sadly happens with every generation of girls Paws. From Frankie Avalon in the 1950's-1960's to David Cassidy in the 1970's, to New Kids on the Block in the 1980's, each generation has a teen idol that is manufactured for that era of teenage girls to fawn over. It is a business and it works, the only thing is, once that window is up those teen idols become type casted or thrown away for the new flavor of the month and those poor guys have a hard time getting work again.

Look what happened to poor Bobby Brown.:p

Ah but the exceptions outnumber the rule nowadays. Mario Lopez, Mark Paul Gosselaar, Neil Patrick Harris (even if he is gay), Justin Timberlake, Mark "Marky Mark" Wahlberg, and so on. Nowadays, it's the male teen idols who have a better chance of sticking than the female ones.

/disagree!

Vampires are COOL!

Vampires have always been cool.

I concur. Though I have to say that I'm a bit surprised that possibly the best vampire of all time (at least in literature), Lestat d'Lioncourt, hasn't been mentioned.

Also Jaysin, werewolves are not the same as wolfmen. You're referring to a wolfman. The 'were' part indicates 'can change into', not 'becomes'. If anyone is familiar with Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series, it's largely explained in detail in almost every book (Mercy is a shapeshifter. She can change into a coyote. The werewolves maintain their human personas and keep 'the wolf' at bay, as much as possible).

There are plenty of different versions of the werewolf myth. You tailor the lore to the story you're telling. I was working on a screenplay a while back which involved werewolves, and my writing partner and I had MASSIVE arguments about the 'rules'. Tradition vs Story Suitability. In the end, it all depends on what makes the better movie/book.

P.S. I'm now bummed because I just realized Twilight III is coming out soon, and I have no one to go see it with. Damn you, macho friends! :D

There are plenty of different versions of the werewolf myth. You tailor the lore to the story you're telling. I was working on a screenplay a while back which involved werewolves, and my writing partner and I had MASSIVE arguments about the 'rules'. Tradition vs Story Suitability. In the end, it all depends on what makes the better movie/book.

P.S. I'm now bummed because I just realized Twilight III is coming out soon, and I have no one to go see it with. Damn you, macho friends! :D

I agree, just take a look at the Vampire myth. How many different ways has that been told?

Some Vampires can go out in the sun, while others die from it. Some can be hurt by the cross while it does not hurt others.