Best Way To Debut female valets/managers

I'm always unsuccessful for some reason... is there a good way to debut a female manager to make them have some what of a good momentum start at their debut?

Debut them while using their strongest abilities. If they're really good on the microphone, have them debuted as such... if they're really hot, have them debuted based on their sex appeal.

And if they have Low Overness, try not to OVEREXPOSE them. In fact, they have even bigger limit than wrestlers.

Here's a list of "Do not's" and "Do's":

1. Do not try to put them with TOO many big main eventers at once. You might get "this worker underperformered" note, even when they have highest sex appeal or entertainment skills of everyone in the angle. Generally speaking, I find that Overness rules above Menace (as a reference), Menace rules above Sex Appeal, Sex Appeal rules above Entertainment, Entertainment rules above Microphone, and Microphone rules above Acting.

2. Do not put them the angle TOO long if they have low Overness, fans can will only want so much of someone like that. You also might get You might get "this worker underperformered" note again.

3. Do not be afraid to use a Minor Angle over a Major Angle. Even if there's a smaller chance of an Overness gain, there's also less chances to screw up. That said, use a Major Angle when you can, but if you can't use a minor one.

4. Generally speaking, I find it that a short major angle works with a few over workers (along with the manager/valet you are trying to push) are better than a long minor angle with a lot of over workers. Just a suggestion. :)

5. Overness rules above all the skills in angles.

1. Do not try to put them with TOO many big main eventers at once. You might get "this worker underperformered" note, even when they have highest sex appeal or entertainment skills of everyone in the angle. Generally speaking, I find that Overness rules above Menace (as a reference), Menace rules above Sex Appeal, Sex Appeal rules above Entertainment, Entertainment rules above Microphone, and Microphone rules above Acting.

The part I bolded, I don't agree with. I would never take a weighted average (Entertainment) over a fixed value (Microphone). I know what the fixed value is (obviously) but I don't know what the weighted average will be (since I don't know the exact weighting mechanism/formula). Bird in the hand, and all that. If we're talking about someone like Vita (who starts with a weighted average Entertainment that is/should be exactly the same as her Mic skill), then that's different.

I debut workers of all kinds in angles where they are onscreen (with a strong lead catalyst) but not rated. Well, workers I actually want to have strong debuts. I'm not big on the "big splash" debut since I'm a builder (I'll get the worker to where I want them. I don't need debut momentum to assist in any way, shape, or form) but generally, being involved in a strong segment produces a relatively strong debut. I use the 'Face Off, But No Contact' angle so much, it's about to wear off my angle list. :p

Remianen, that's a fair point. However, my concern was overexposure. I've gotten so many "this worker underperformed" for reasons that didn't actually relate to the character's menace, sex appeal, microphone, acting, or entertainment skills that I've gotten pretty cautious.

You'll get the "underperformed" no matter how long the segment is if they don't have popularity up at the level of your promotion. Even six minutes is too long if popularity is too far below the threshold. I don't think it really hurts the segment, though, or the person. I've still had plenty of gains while underperforming. It just means they didn't contribute as much as the others in the segment.

Remianen, that's a fair point. However, my concern was overexposure. I've gotten so many "this worker underperformed" for reasons that didn't actually relate to the character's menace, sex appeal, microphone, acting, or entertainment skills that I've gotten pretty cautious.

You'll get the "underperformed" no matter how long the segment is if they don't have popularity up at the level of your promotion. Even six minutes is too long if popularity is too far below the threshold. I don't think it really hurts the segment, though, or the person. I've still had plenty of gains while underperforming. It just means they didn't contribute as much as the others in the segment.

Yeah, this.

I tend to run with an overpowered user character (almost maxed out in entertainment skills with really high overness) that I use primarily as an interviewer so I see that message a lot. I don't recall any dirt sheet output indicating a penalty for it though. The penalty for low momentum or a poor gimmick I get quite a bit (unless I turn off gimmick effects) but never for a worker underperforming.

I find it that, if they 'underperformed", they will get less of gain than not "underperforming".

I think I found a way around that... sorta. But I need to work it out.

I DO know what some of the causes of underperforming, though. I'll give a very obvious example.

1. You have one upper midcarder with several main eventers that have much higher popularity in a 30 minute major segment. Guess what? The upper midcarder will severely "underperform". I have had cases where they upper midcarder didn't get didly squat in overness from "underperforming". It's as if my upper midcarder stood out like huge sore thumb as if the fans were going "what the heck is this guy doing here?"

I do some or all of these things:

1. I lower the length of the angle.

2. I lower the amount of the higher carders to reduce the difference.

3. I increase the amount of midcarders.

4. I change it from a major to a minor angle.

Each of these four reduces the chances of "underperforming" in some cases. I still haven't quite figured it out.

By the way, as a related note, your main eventers should never be "underperforming", or you really messed up.

Archived