USPW, maybe not.

Good rule of thumb, if a match is over 20 minutes, slow build it.

I use the note in all my main events with FCW to great results, and the product isn't all that different from USPW's, so I don't feel as though product is the deciding factor here. Psychology and stamina are the two stats that I feel play the most heavily into the note (which makes the most sense, really).

Personally, I use the note with main events of a half hour or more. I've found that matches less than roughly 25 minutes actually get negative feedback for using the note due to the matches not being given enough time to properly build. Generally if the match is my main event, it's about a half hour with the slow build note. My openers are usually 5-7 minutes with the all out note to try and immediately build crowd reaction, and everything else in between is 10-13 minutes with the work the crowd note.

This is by no means a comprehensive guide, and I'm sure there are others on here that can give you much closer times and note usage, but I've gotten a ton of success using this formula.

In a Sports Entertainment company, I have used Slow Build in 16 mnute matches, without penalty. Anything more than that, I Slow Build. Anything 15 and under is in Work the Crowd or All Out range.

that is odd because i thought it had to be over 18 min in ring time. I have done 17 and got negitive road agent notes.....dose it matter on the product also?

It may have been 18 minutes. The apartment below mine was painted today, and all the fumes came up through the vents, so my head is pretty foggy right now.

In general, I run matches that are 5, 8, 13, 18, etc. (multiple of 5, minus 2 for non-wrestling time), so that all my matches come out to even 5s. So, if I'm going for longer than 15 minutes, I usually jump to 18, and use Slow Build.

Thanks for pointing that out, alden. I'd hate to be misleading people.

From what I can tell, there isn't a Psychology requirement, for a good Slow Build. It still follows the regular formula, as far as I know.

As for stamina, by its very nature, the Slow Build will help extend how long a worker can go. I haven't experimented, but there have been reports of people having Marat Khoklov work Slow Builds that approached 20 minutes. I can't confirm that, though.

I think the main issue for the Slow Build requirement is match length. I don't know about you, but I think Adam has redesigned the All Out/Work the Crowd and now Slow build notes as to discourage us from abusing All out and Work the Crowd notes, and to use the Slow Build note more often.

As for as I know, there isn't necessarily a natural disadvantage for workers to work slower at the beginning or middle of the match.

Archived