Super Street Fighter IV

mjdgoldeneye

Does anyone have this? Is anyone planning on getting it?

I haven't actually owned a fighting game since Tekken 4 (my god, why did that game exist), but I'm glad I got it. After playing a lot of the recent Mortal Kombat games and less conventional stuff like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it's good to play some classic 2D style stuffs.

The game is really balanced and fun to play. The AI's put up a fight even on Medium and after some getting used to it's possible to actually contend with the people you'll come across online. (I still get slaughtered by people who have memorized 8 hit combos, but it's not common.)

There's 35 characters in the game, all with varying styles.

If you can't get online or don't have anyone to play against offline, the game might not be worth it. The AI's are skilled, but fighting games are best against other people, in my opinion.

So... Who has this? If you've got Xbox Live, post your gamertag and maybe we can get some sort of thing going with this.

As far as my characters of choice go, I specialize in Zangief and Ryu and I'm ok with Sakura and Ibuki.

I plopped down $60 for Street Fighter IV when it came out, so I'm in no hurry to pick up this one. When it drops down to $20, maybe I'll get it.

For $40, it might not be worth getting it if you already have IV, but 10 new guys and a lot of extensions is nice. It wouldn't be useless.

Also, tourney mode is coming in June I think.

Liked SF2 back in the day, massive fan of Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat and Tekken Tag Tournament, but haven't really been 'into' fighting games since then. Seems a bit repetitive for me. Not enough situations. Not enough story.

Back when I was in full Street Fighter markdom, Dee Jay was my boy. I have no idea why, I just sorta picked him as my favorite early on and stuck by him through the years, despite the stick he received. Seeing as he's in this new one I'm a little more tempted to pick it up.

I've been playing a lot of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (oh jeez mouthful), wherein my favie is probably Ryu or Ken. I can never decide between a delicious red fireball or a delicious uppercut that I don't use that much. Third place is Zangief though.

As for SSF4, I'm pleased both to see the low price, and to see Makoto, my favorite from SF3, show up.

Incidentally, as far as 2D fighters go, I prefer Guilty Gear. The characters are more vibrant, and combos more fluid, and I like the art style better.

Liked SF2 back in the day, massive fan of Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat and Tekken Tag Tournament, but haven't really been 'into' fighting games since then. Seems a bit repetitive for me. Not enough situations. Not enough story.

Back when I was in full Street Fighter markdom, Dee Jay was my boy. I have no idea why, I just sorta picked him as my favorite early on and stuck by him through the years, despite the stick he received. Seeing as he's in this new one I'm a little more tempted to pick it up.

Dee Jay is pretty good in SSFIV. He's got moves for most situations and he's pretty fast.

Archived