Official NBA Discussion Thread

GatorBait19

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Craig Edwards" data-cite="Craig Edwards" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27836" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>just to let you know there has only been a handful of teams that have come back from being down 3-1</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Capelli King" data-cite="Capelli King" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27836" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In 4:p</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Might want to check that math again. 4+1=5.</p>

I believe the Mavs vs Heat series could be a very good one.

You have to teams who have very different talent levels, The Mavs to me are the better overall team with talent being more spread through the entire roster, where the Heat are the 3 headed monster. Problem will come for the Mavs is defending the 3 headed monster while not allowing anyone like Miller, Chalmers, or Bibby to get hot. The Heat will focus on Dirk and Terry, but J. Kidd can't be forgotten. He is on his last leg in terms of championship gold and he could be a force in this series. Tyson Chandler is the better Center in the series as well.

Overall I expect close, good games.

Heat has nobody that can guard Dirk so thats the seris changer I say Mavs in 6

and the Mavs have no one that can guard the Big 3. It will all come down to the role players. We all know Wade, Dirk, James, and Bosh are going to do, but what are Terry, Kidd, Chandler, Miller, Chalmers, and others going to do to help this series go in their team's favor

I'd say put Chandler on Bosh, because Bosh would struggle the whole time, but that would leave a Heat C under the rim against a smaller PF. If Caron was playing it'd be different, but he isn't

This has been annoying me since I heard that Shaq was going to retire. Does anyone recall the year it said he retired in the movie I Am Legend? I was just wondering how close they were. I tried to find it on the internet but it is proving damn near impossible to find it.

What happened to Lebron? He played passive pretty much the whole game.

When you have the ball in your hands every possession since you were 6 you tend to look out of sorts when you suddenly don't have the ball and you're playing against a fantastic defensive team.

Why LeBron isn't utilized in a Magic Johnson-like playmaker role is beyond me. He's the best playmaker in the NBA at his size since the aforementioned hall of famer. Even when LeBron isn't playing well he makes the right read 99% of the time. I think LeBron running point is something we'll definitely see next season. Mike Bibby is completely useless and Mario Chalmers is best utilized as a second choice point guard.

What I don't understand about Lebron is why hasn't he developed a decent post game. He is the same size as most power forwards and he has the quickness that most power forwards don't have (besides Amare, Blake Griffin). If he could play in the post he could score easily than having to rely on jumpshots and the occasional bull rush through the lane. I know Bosh is their power forward but most of the time he tends to shoot jumpshots than bang inside.

What I don't understand about Lebron is why hasn't he developed a decent post game. He is the same size as most power forwards and he has the quickness that most power forwards don't have (besides Amare, Blake Griffin). If he could play in the post he could score easily than having to rely on jumpshots and the occasional bull rush through the lane. I know Bosh is their power forward but most of the time he tends to shoot jumpshots than bang inside.

Yea that's why Shaq called bosh The Ru Paul of big men