Official NBA Discussion Thread

GatorBait19

DAAAALLLLLLAAAASSSS

Oh, what a good heartwarming victory. Watching Kidd and Dirk get that ring.. hell, the whole f'ing team getting their first, the coach, the franchise.. they all broke their virginity, haha. It just feels right. The best part about this is LeBron is finally gonna learn some humility. Great job by the Mavs.

DAAAALLLLLLAAAASSSS

Oh, what a good heartwarming victory. Watching Kidd and Dirk get that ring.. hell, the whole f'ing team getting their first, the coach, the franchise.. they all broke their virginity, haha. It just feels right. The best part about this is LeBron is finally gonna learn some humility. Great job by the Mavs.

No, he wont

No, he wont

I think you are right.

“All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had to today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that.”

Guest codey
“All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had to today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that.”

Honestly, he's right. You can dislike LeBron and the Heat all you want, but to revel in someone's failure to achieve something they've wanted to their entire life like say, the Cleveland fans are, well, that's just sad.

LeBron's not a bad person. He's had people call him the greatest since he was 18 years old, of course he's going to have developed some sort of ego. The truth is every great athlete has an ego. Some are just better at keeping it in check than others.

Honestly, he's right. You can dislike LeBron and the Heat all you want, but to revel in someone's failure to achieve something they've wanted to their entire life like say, the Cleveland fans are, well, that's just sad.

LeBron's not a bad person. He's had people call him the greatest since he was 18 years old, of course he's going to have developed some sort of ego. The truth is every great athlete has an ego. Some are just better at keeping it in check than others.

I honestly believe someone that runs an ego-filled hour special on ESPN about their free agency decision deserves to be rooted against. The fact is, LeBron has done everything to make people not like him. Just for a comparison, could you ever imagine Peyton Manning up and deciding that the Colts aren't doing enough to help him win titles and running off to play for the Patriots? (And doing Peyton Manning: The Decision along the way, agonizing all his fans and Indy fans for months.)

I don't care how talented LeBron is, everytime he talks he is all ego and self-entitlement. People like that don't deserve success, tbh **** that guy.

Look, your somewhat right. I will say it, Lebron is better then us. He 6 months older then me, and he will never work a day in his life. But to come out and basically say I'm better then you. No need for that. But it's Lebron I don't expected anything less then what he said.

I honestly believe someone that runs an ego-filled hour special on ESPN about their free agency decision deserves to be rooted against. The fact is, LeBron has done everything to make people not like him. Just for a comparison, could you ever imagine Peyton Manning up and deciding that the Colts aren't doing enough to help him win titles and running off to play for the Patriots? (And doing Peyton Manning: The Decision along the way, agonizing all his fans and Indy fans for months.)

I don't care how talented LeBron is, everytime he talks he is all ego and self-entitlement. People like that don't deserve success, tbh **** that guy.

I tried saying that, but u said it better one mistake you made you said Indy would be pissed for months it gonna be years before Cleveland forgives him, maybe never but the hate will be their for years.

Didn't The ego-filled hour special at least was charitable to the Boys & Girls club generating $2-$3 million of donation.

LeBron should embrace his ego. People bring up how NWO Hollywood Hogan sell. Maybe by featuring LeEgo, it could make money since his heel work is gold.

Anyone who says they have never felt good over someone else’s failures or miseries is full of it. Sure it isn’t something to be proud of, but it isn’t something to be ashamed of either. It is just part of being human. Also it is a very poor argument when the person you are defending does the same thing. People hate me, but who cares they are poor and less then me because I am rich and famous.

In the end he may not be a bad person, but he sure is an idiot.

Well didn't Peyton stay an extra year in college just so he would not have to play for the Saints? It was so long ago I am not sure if I am remembering it right or not and I just might be talking out of my ass on that. However, if it is true and that was why he stayed in college, that sort of is the same thing LeBron did. Meaning he turned his back on the place he grew up.

Granted the way Archie was beaten up when he played for the Saints one can hardly blame Peyton for not going there.

I truly believe that LeBron feels he is entitled to winning a title. Much like Shaq felt when he came into the NBA (Which is why I was never a huge fan of Shaq's.). When you have nothing but yes men all around you your entire life you are going to feel like you are great. I am not saying he is not, I am just saying that is the way it is.

Heck didn't his mother punch a valet at a resturant because he was not quick enough in getting her car? And he should have been quicker because she was LeBron's mother. If that is the case it looks like the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Didn't The ego-filled hour special at least was charitable to the Boys & Girls club generating $2-$3 million of donation.

LeBron should embrace his ego. People bring up how NWO Hollywood Hogan sell. Maybe by featuring LeEgo, it could make money since his heel work is gold.

It raise money but couldn't he just have given it away, instead of hiding behind the whole Decision show and saying he did it to raise money. It wasn't about the money

It raise money but couldn't he just have given it away, instead of hiding behind the whole Decision show and saying he did it to raise money. It wasn't about the money

Plus people who are truly charitable usually do not go around talking about how charitable they are. Unless they are doing so for attention.

I found this to be funny over on Wrestlezone.com. Also, check out the picture of JBL that they are using over there. I wonder if they play TEW as well...:D

Plus people who are truly charitable usually do not go around talking about how charitable they are. Unless they are doing so for attention.

Nope I read the Tito Ortiz book (UFC fighter) The last chapter of his book was all about all of charitable actions. It made me sick

Well didn't Peyton stay an extra year in college just so he would not have to play for the Saints? It was so long ago I am not sure if I am remembering it right or not and I just might be talking out of my ass on that. However, if it is true and that was why he stayed in college, that sort of is the same thing LeBron did. Meaning he turned his back on the place he grew up.

Granted the way Archie was beaten up when he played for the Saints one can hardly blame Peyton for not going there.

I truly believe that LeBron feels he is entitled to winning a title. Much like Shaq felt when he came into the NBA (Which is why I was never a huge fan of Shaq's.). When you have nothing but yes men all around you your entire life you are going to feel like you are great. I am not saying he is not, I am just saying that is the way it is.

Heck didn't his mother punch a valet at a resturant because he was not quick enough in getting her car? And he should have been quicker because she was LeBron's mother. If that is the case it looks like the apple does not fall far from the tree.

I don't remember the Peyton college stuff either, but I doubt he would've stayed for another year for the sole reason of not playing for the Saints.

I want to point out too, I don't wish anything bad for LeBron James. I don't want him to get hurt, or die, or anything like that. That's just way overboard, but as a sports fan I do root against him and his teams because of his ego. That's just me though.

I want to point out too, I don't wish anything bad for LeBron James. I don't want him to get hurt, or die, or anything like that. That's just way overboard, but as a sports fan I do root against him and his teams because of his ego. That's just me though.

100% agree.Just don't want him to win a title.

No idea where you got this idea. I'd guess you're just confusing it with the Eli Manning deal. Saints had the 10th pick in the 1997 draft, and I don't see Manning dropping that far even as a junior.