Hype: Viva la Lucha Libre! (RW Lucha mod)

So this is the official hype thread for a real world lucha libre mod that I'm currently working on.

The mod will cover lucha promotions from around the world, and will feature luchadores from around the world.

The mod is going to cover only lucha, so it won't include promotions like Dragon Gate or Michinoku Pro from Japan or CHIKARA in the US but may include some workers from those promotions.

For the first release I'm planning on at least 10 promotions with complete rosters.

The main promotions like AAA & CMLL will be done as well as several indy groups both well known & fairly unknown, varying in size & style.

Personally I'd be interesting to see the hardcore indies like DTU and guys like Joe Lider, Crazy Boy and Extreme Tiger included in this mod; that'd be the draw for me.

DTU as well as the Monterrey hardcore scene (luchadores like Galactar, Makabre, Raiden & luchadores from NGX, KAOZ, NEXT, Revoluxion Hardcore, etc.) will be included eventually. Not to mention the originators of hardcore lucha like La Familia de Tijuana & Los Porros.

Like is a...strong term. Amused, perhaps, might be a better term. Amused by how he wants to be Mexico's version of RVD.

I don't know, I always enjoy "alternative" aka against the mainstream promotions, regardless of where they are in the world. I also enjoyed the idea of guys like Halloween and Damien 666 being Mexico's hardcore guys. I mean the idea of Hardcore Luchadores is cool to me.

Like is a...strong term. Amused, perhaps, might be a better term. Amused by how he wants to be Mexico's version of RVD.

I don't know, I always enjoy "alternative" aka against the mainstream promotions, regardless of where they are in the world. I also enjoyed the idea of guys like Halloween and Damien 666 being Mexico's hardcore guys. I mean the idea of Hardcore Luchadores is cool to me.

Yeah, understandable. Halloween and Damien were good times. Hardcore lucha libre is a weird offshoot of wrestling, one of the few I have never really gotten heavily into (along with shootstyle and American deatchmatch wrestling) but it definitely seems to have a small following. I always found it interesting though how all the Japanese garbage promotions in the past used luchadores for their undercards. Still when it comes to lucha, I freaking love the mainstream stuff.

Hey Flash. Good luck with the mod. I know how difficult and how much work goes into a specific area mod, but Lucha Libre is certaintly one that has always lacked in the Ryland world of games.

Any chance on a list of promotions you will be covering? Obviously the big two. Also IWRG, Perros, after that, I have no idea.

This sounds like a great idea as a lucha mod would be great. I would stay away from stuff like dragons gate and.......i can't believe i am saying this CHIKARA as they are not true lucha companies :). best of luck with this....i know i will be playing.

This sounds like a great idea as a lucha mod would be great. I would stay away from stuff like dragons gate and.......i can't believe i am saying this CHIKARA as they are not true lucha companies :). best of luck with this....i know i will be playing.

Chikara is pretty damn far from a lucha company in my opinion. Dragon Gate a little closer (especially their Japan stuff as opposed to the crappy Dragon Gate USA stuff) but yeah, I would agree on keeping them out too.

• 4 months later...

Archived