What ever happened to the post match interview?

Slagaholic

I don't really see a difference between post match, pre match, backstage, before the show started. It all gets the same point across so really unless there was some angle to be had such as someone being attacked after their match I'd say it doesn't matter.

I just ran a show where Ricky Dale Johnson was cutting a promo after a victory which allowed Phillip Roberts to sneak out of the stands and choke him out.

You get the guys fresh from their match. If they suffered a bitter, cheap loss, getting their thoughts right after the match ends. If they just had a big win, you get to see their joy and emotion in the interview. To me stuff like that makes it feel real.

You get the guys fresh from their match. If they suffered a bitter, cheap loss, getting their thoughts right after the match ends. If they just had a big win, you get to see their joy and emotion in the interview. To me stuff like that makes it feel real.

I agree with that statement. About it feeling more real, or gritty perhaps. I mean, they do post-fight interviews in the UFC.

I never really considered that it had fallen by the wayside.

They went out of style when the format of tv wrestling shows changed from stars just beating jobbers to actually having the stars face each other in the ring on tv now. Back in the days of the old WWE and NWA Wrestling shows, the big name would go out there and beat up a jobber for five minutes, then come back and do an interview where they would hype up their big house show opponents, or next PPV match one and that was how they sold interest for those events.

Nowadays its all direct promos between the stars feuding, in ring or backstage attacks, and various combinations of stips and/or tag matches to hype up the big PPV match.

I believe the effect would still be the same for hyping a PPV, as it would a big house show. That's just my feeling.

When I open my wrestling promotion and get TV, post match interviews will return!

:(

I dunno, i feel like they still get done when they fit the storyline.

Didn't the WWE just do this two weeks ago with cena after he beat barrett to lead into an ambush angle?

Archived