How far can you push your ticket prices?

Right now, I basically add $1 to every ticket sale category across the board for each grade in economy and industry, whichever is lower (+1 for F, +2 for E, +3 for D). Am I being too conservative? How far can I push my ticket prices?

You can go +4 with all prices.

Higher Economy & Industry will help boost your attendance. Raising ticket prices beyond the initial $4 will lower your attendance. The higher each value is, the greater the effect. As the E&I levels increase, you can increase your prices further, to negate the gain in attendance.

How you strategize this is completely based on your individual circumstances. Are you easily selling out your venue, but just aren't big enough to run the next size higher? Then raise your prices, until you're not turning so many people away. As long as you're still selling out, who cares if less people are TRYING to buy tickets.

Higher Economy & Industry will help boost your attendance. Raising ticket prices beyond the initial $4 will lower your attendance. The higher each value is, the greater the effect. As the E&I levels increase, you can increase your prices further, to negate the gain in attendance.

How you strategize this is completely based on your individual circumstances. Are you easily selling out your venue, but just aren't big enough to run the next size higher? Then raise your prices, until you're not turning so many people away. As long as you're still selling out, who cares if less people are TRYING to buy tickets.

Good point. Nothing else need to be said...

I've had the +4 since I started with MAW and I recently decided to add $1 to everything even though the wrestling industry and economy are horrible. Saw some interesting results:

http://lrodzen.me/images/horrible.JPG

http://lrodzen.me/images/overpriced.JPG

I see it affecting my house shows mostly. I saw a drop in attendance to my B-show but I'm going to test it out for the rest of the week. If I can get 10,000 people to keep coming to my two primary TV shows every week I don't care if the fans are pissed off.

Archived