Ok so I didnt want this to be in the small questions becuase its more of an open forum. My question is simply if Nemisis was to open a brand new federation using investors and such (ala TNA) what opening size would you suggest it would be? And Money?

I know I did something like this before but I decided I'm going to go more for and ECW style of product one which can highlight peoples postives and hide the faults. Not to mention a HELL of a lot of on screen swearing and nudeness!!

FTW!

I'd say it would be small (or Regional, at the highest). Given his experiences, I don't think John Campbell would want to deal with the BS that comes with being a larger promotion, at least not right away. He also wouldn't want to risk his own money in a venture guaranteed to bleed for some time before it would make money. On top of that, I don't think he'd want to do a rehash of what he's done before (and made popular before) especially given the existence of PSW plus the fact that Vibert moved on and is doing well without him, in a product the polar opposite of the one the two of them made popular.

In short, I don't see Nemesis as a no-talent hack devoid of new ideas who is sitting at home singing

into a bottle of Coors. I think if he came back and started a new promotion, he'd make it smaller (less BS to have to put up with, less financial risk), he'd hire lots of young, relative unknowns (like his son, for example), and he'd devise a product that stands out from existing ones. Kinda like he did before.

But that's just me, I guess.

I'd say Regional, most certainly. For starters, there really ISN'T enough popular talent around to justify a new Cult company in the USA without editting some folks to be available.

And, as Remi said, I don't see Nemesis wanting to deal with a larger company quite yet... that said, his name value alone would draw instant attention to the company (then again, MAW is Small with Rip Chord in charge!)

And, as Remi said, I don't see Nemesis wanting to deal with a larger company quite yet... that said, his name value alone would draw instant attention to the company (then again, MAW is Small with Rip Chord in charge!)

MAW is Small because Rip seems to intentionally keep the company from growing. Whenever someone gets good enough to take them places, he quickly sends them away. They don't get stolen; he sends them away.

Anyway, I'm with Remi. People that just want to relive the glory days (awesome that you provided a link, man) don't go on Hiatus; they jump straight into a project that lets them cling to fame. Say, oh I don't know, PSW....

The very fact that Nemesis took time to get away is a HUGE red flag that he's not coming back until he's got something to really sink his teeth into, and when he does, it's going to be revolutionary.

The last time I considered what Nemesis would come back for (which is always fun), what immediately popped into my brain is TCW. After all, it was that infamous match with Tommy Cornell that got both of their balls' rolling. With Cornell in dire straits (all his investors disappearing), I figure he's ready to take a gamble. What bigger, more spectacular gamble is there, than to sign a guy that oversaw the rise and fall of the last great #3?

What is Nemesis' grand vision, that has not only brought him back into the spotlight, but also convinced Cornell to bet the farm on someone with his track record? Well, that's where you as the player come in. :cool:

I definitely agree that Nemesis wouldn't come back to do another hardcore promotion. Coming up with something new and innovative that might bring Nemesis back is tough. Some thoughts... American-style puroseau (not enough workers), some type of lucha libre, or possibly comedy. The CV version of Chikara, maybe?

As for money.... I don't know that investors would be that attracted to Nemesis. Does he have any business acumen at all? He did the booking for DaVE, but that doens't mean he's capable of running his own promotion. Plus, how big of a profile did he really have amongst the mainstream public?

The very fact that Nemesis took time to get away is a HUGE red flag that he's not coming back until he's got something to really sink his teeth into, and when he does, it's going to be revolutionary.

That was the tack I took when putting the mod together.

I definitely agree that Nemesis wouldn't come back to do another hardcore promotion. Coming up with something new and innovative that might bring Nemesis back is tough. Some thoughts... American-style puroseau (not enough workers), some type of lucha libre, or possibly comedy. The CV version of Chikara, maybe?

I went with smashmouth, Southern style....with women. There's a revolutionary concept for you. His choice of young, impressionable workers brimming with talent, a product that fuses all the best parts of Southern brawling and lucha libre with the Texas style modern flavor, no financial concerns, and carte blanche on running the promotion is, I felt, just the kinda thing Nemesis would want to sink his teeth into. And I didn't think he'd want to return to the Tri-State (for obvious reasons) so a Mid-South base fit the bill there as well.

Oh and the CV version of Chikara....is ZEN (which is one reason D-Lyrium loves them so :) ).

Yeah the Midsouth especially with the that hotbed with high modern and its high importance is just screaming for a promotion.

Edit: Thing is with Nemesis he just does not strike me as someone that would want to work in the South or has the southern mindset so to speak. Given his history with Dave and SWF.

Yeah the Midsouth especially with the that hotbed with high modern and its high importance is just screaming for a promotion.

Edit: Thing is with Nemesis he just does not strike me as someone that would want to work in the South or has the southern mindset so to speak. Given his history with Dave and SWF.

Nemesis would've been the biggest star to come out of TWL or SCCW had he worked there. His basic style fit both of those promotions to a T. He could do it all and do it all well, with his skillset and entertainment skills. So there's no reason why he wouldn't fit into the Southern wrestling community. Just because he came from somewhere doesn't mean he wouldn't fit elsewhere. Heck, he could've KILLED in Japan and I think there'd be an assertion that he doesn't have the Japanese mindset either.

It's just perception, I think. I think he'd be loath to do the East or West coast (what's the difference nowadays?) so the south seemed the next best thing (Midwest would be too small though Great Lakes might be a possibility). That's assuming he'd come back in America.

I think you misunderstood my ECW reference. Its less about the hardcore element. In fact I hadnt planned on putting much is any hardcore in the product settings.

Its more about anti-mainstream trying to make the most from the young guns and misfits who dont get a fair shot cause they arent a part of the cookie cutter type?

An edgier ROH? I really don't know how to describe it. It would be influenced by everything ie lucha, puro and such. Pretty much a anti-mainstream modern catch all product. Is that Nemisis enough or not? I really have no idea!

Archived