Xbox 360 Question

TheEdgeOfReason

I have the rrod lights. My power brick is still turning green though when I turn it on. It's supposed to stay orange if the thing is crocked right?

It broke down about 14 months ago but I never got it fixed. My bro fired it up at the w/e and it worked though. I've been playing it since saturday night 'til now just fine. Is it finished or is there something else wrong?

I have the rrod lights. My power brick is still turning green though when I turn it on. It's supposed to stay orange if the thing is crocked right?

It broke down about 14 months ago but I never got it fixed. My bro fired it up at the w/e and it worked though. I've been playing it since saturday night 'til now just fine. Is it finished or is there something else wrong?

How many lights were you getting?

3, the player 2 quadrant isn't lit(top right when the xbox is horizontal). I'm not sure if that is rrod, but from googling, I think it is.

Yea, that's the standard RRoD. 4 lights just means the AV cables aren't plugged in correctly which is probably bad engineering considering it's more of a red ring that anything.

Was the box past its warranty however long ago it was when it became broken? It's definitely too late now to get it fixed for free.

3 lights basically means overheating has fried something vital. Sometimes it's a false alarm or the broken part will function if the environment is right, but I'd say there's an 80% chance your system will brick again. What causes the problem is faulty parts in cooling or resisting heat, and that doesn't fix itself.

I can only recommend you keep the system as cool as possible and it might stay in working condition.

Yeah the 3 year warranty was already up. I suppose I'll just have to keep it out in the open and hope for the best. The problems started again when I move it back on the shelf, so it could be an overheating problem.

when mine did it again I just called and paid for the S&H.

My XBOX360 is acting up once again!:mad: All I am getting is a blue screen, but I can hear the system playing. I thought it was the AV cords but that proved not to be the case because I got the cords to work on a friend's system.

So now I have to believe that it is the system itself, which I am none to pleased about because I have already had to have it repaired four other times! And it is no longer under warranty, I am probably going to have to shell out a lot of cash. I should write a letter to the Better Business Bureau.

My XBOX360 is acting up once again!:mad: All I am getting is a blue screen, but I can hear the system playing. I thought it was the AV cords but that proved not to be the case because I got the cords to work on a friend's system.

So now I have to believe that it is the system itself, which I am none to pleased about because I have already had to have it repaired four other times! And it is no longer under warranty, I am probably going to have to shell out a lot of cash. I should write a letter to the Better Business Bureau.

mine wasn't under warr. anymore hasn't been for about a year.

Wow, they upgraded the blue screen of death to work on the 360 too! :p

It may be where the AV cables connect to the system. It's bizarre that system would render the output as an all-blue screen so it's probably the signal getting mixed up somewhere.

Call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX. Depending on your problem, they might still fix it for free. Or, maybe, they can actually help you if you have the 3 hours to listen to them speak in a strange accent.

It may be where the AV cables connect to the system. It's bizarre that system would render the output as an all-blue screen so it's probably the signal getting mixed up somewhere.

Call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX. Depending on your problem, they might still fix it for free. Or, maybe, they can actually help you if you have the 3 hours to listen to them speak in a strange accent.

Yeah I did that a couple of days ago, their response to me was to find a new place to play the system. Seriously that was their response!:D I am going to have to call them up again and see if I could get it fixed yet again.

Yeah I did that a couple of days ago, their response to me was to find a new place to play the system. Seriously that was their response!:D I am going to have to call them up again and see if I could get it fixed yet again.

Good luck. My brother got the blue screen. He called them and I swear they are so stupid. I could work for the 1800 number. I know more about there stupid systems than the people on the other end of the phone.

My biggest problem is they don't listen.

My brother is none too happy. They told him it was over heating problems. That's not the case as the sound works but no video. The next person told him it was his tv. That's not the case either as it didn't work on the TV in his living room, nor on his neighbors TV. Then they said it was the system. So why would the system give a blue screen. They told him this "if your system sits idle for a long period of time things can stop working" My brother started laughing. He goes dude really I play my system like every day. The guy says "Well there is your problem." OMG! Really what is it? Lack of play or too much play? Idiots all of them I wish I could slap some of those people.

Archived