The Video Game Thread

Genadi

I actually surprised myself and got Mad Max instead of MGSV. Mostly because I found Mad Max for a good price and can only afford one for the time being. I will likely get Phantom Pain after I complete Mad Max.

I'm using an Xbox One controller instead of M+K and similarly to Fleisch, I'm having a hard time getting used to firing my shotgun. I kind of wasted my ammo in the beginning of the game by accidentally firing the weapon just by pressing B thinking it was for something else... Oops... If ammo is as scarce as they say it is, I might be screwed. :o

Thankfully, I haven't had to use my shotgun too awful much yet.

I'm only a couple hours in, but the game is definitely fun. The PC port is actually top notch and I've had no issues with anything so far.

Mad Max looks sooo fun, but seems to get a bit repetitive after a while. Plus it uses a lot of Arkham/Ubisoft mechanics. The combat is basically ripped straight from Arkham (it is a WB game after all), and there are a lot of things that are taken straight from Assassin's Creed/Farcry games.

But the overall presentation looks so much fun. Like the way cars fall to bits when you ram them, and the voice acting and characters in general are amazing.

From what I've seen it's not worth £35 for me though, so I'll wait for a sale. It certainly looks like it's worth £20.

MGS V is a game I'm not terribly interested in. Not only does it look like Witcher 3 in the future (which isn't bad in itself of course, but I'd prefer to just play Witcher 3), but it seems to rely heavily on having played the other MGS games. Which I haven't since MGS2. And that was so long ago I can barely remember what the guy that wasn't Snake was called (Raiden, right?) let alone what actually happened. I'll probably give that a miss. Not because it's bad, just because I'm not interested in the story, and wouldn't enjoy most of the game because of it.

Looks like Batman is finally 'fixed' for PC. Probably wouldn't have been problem for me buy I'll wait some more regardless. And Witcher III keeps patching. This time with romance options. Thank god I waited for that. I refrain from utilizing those as most games just don't give you much options. I basically watched the Mass Effect content on youtube and just let Shephard be a lone wolf. It's what's best for business. :p

I want the new Cuman portraits for CKII, and normally I'd have something like "take mah moneyz" but I did the math on my expenses when it comes to CKII and - buying almost everything from day 1 - it actually cost me quite a pretty penny. 10 for the game itself, but 70+ for the DLC (even if I got some of them in sales), or was it even more? :p

edit: 10+87€ exactly. Going into triple digit numbers as I didn't count outside-Steam purchases. But it was worth it damnit.

I want the new Cuman portraits for CKII, and normally I'd have something like "take mah moneyz" but I did the math on my expenses when it comes to CKII and - buying almost everything from day 1 - it actually cost me quite a pretty penny. 10 for the game itself, but 70+ for the DLC (even if I got some of them in sales), or was it even more? :p

edit: 10+87€ exactly. Going into triple digit numbers. But it was worth it damnit.

Dear lord, you buy all their fluff DLC? You're the customer every company wishes for. :p

I'm not a completionist, mind you! (ok, maybe a little). I just want maximum immersion. :D

So they got 100$ from me, and other game companies get way less due to (legit) third party keysellers. Paradox wins, I break even, and lazy devs lose. What can I say: they make some quality games. :cool:

Actually, in the case of CKII, I haven't even touched the alternative playstyles so the purchases were borderline useless as the free patch covers most of the real changes. Meh. :p You should be thankful mad people like me spray money to them. Otherwise they wouldn't keep making the patches. What you shouldn't be thankful for is people mindlessly giving $$'s to tripleA companies who laugh in their face.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Timber" data-cite="Timber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28397" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just picked up a Turtle Beach wireless headset, seems like a good deal. What i'm looking for is a solid and sorta cheap PC controller, what's out there for a poor poor man such as myself?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had a 360 controller for awhile and was happy but it broke so I bought an Xbox One controller off Ebay. While a little more expensive than the 360 version it's a nice upgrade in terms of accuracy, feel and rumble. And it plays nice with Windows 7 & 10.</p>

<p>Anybody who thinks horror in video games is dead needs to play Until Dawn late at night. It is freaking great and I have the first two parts for everyone to preview.....</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/tQsLFli6-bQ?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Until Dawn: Worst Case Scenario Episode 1"></iframe></div></div>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Clarity" data-cite="Clarity" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28397" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It seems like one of those games thats better to watch than it is to play</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had a blast playing it I'm going to do my fail run first then record a Best Case Scenario...I've already played the game so much I could write a strategy guide lol.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28397" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I had a blast playing it I'm going to do my fail run first then record a Best Case Scenario...I've already played the game so much I could write a strategy guide lol.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't doubt that.. Its a PS4 exclusive so I cant play it, but i did check it out.. Its very much in the vein of Heavy Rain being an interactive movie</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Clarity" data-cite="Clarity" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28397" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't doubt that.. Its a PS4 exclusive so I cant play it, but i did check it out.. Its very much in the vein of Heavy Rain being an interactive movie</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If your interested I could PM you episodic updates!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Clarity" data-cite="Clarity" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28397" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It seems like one of those games thats better to watch than it is to play</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Trust me, the tension is that much thicker when you play it. I had several times where I was scared to move forward.</p>

<p>I also watched the youtube-movie-version of Heavy Rain and was glad I didn't have the buy a PS3 for it alone. Don't get me wrong: it was nice, but why would I play it again? I started the Walking Dead last night and it was nice to 'feel' the action/emotion, but Heavy Rain doesn't seem so emotionally attached. Same for the other game like that on ps3 (with the psionic chick).</p><p> </p><p>

But like you mention: it doesn't apply to horror games, which become all the scarier when you're in control.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Swanton825" data-cite="The Swanton825" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28397" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Trust me, the tension is that much thicker when you play it. I had several times where I was scared to move forward.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> yeah i was the same however i was so disappointed in the twist, and on the second play through you realize that the cast of characters is bloody hard to kill off</p><p> </p><p> but i will say, the game had atmosphere and tension and even my negatives are not really that bad, i hype myself too much with games</p><p> </p><p> i did it with The Walking Dead game i honestly had myself believing that the guys you travel with are psychopaths and was going to turn into a revenge style game with Kenny helping you</p><p> </p><p> Did it with 400 Days as well i thought the five chapters was going to lead into one another and change depending on what order you play, its just a weird habit i have of playing out in my head, i also hype myself up too much, i did it with Dead Island an GTA V as well</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hellboy2" data-cite="hellboy2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28397" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>yeah i was the same however i was so disappointed in the twist, and on the second play through you realize that the cast of characters is bloody hard to kill off</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not finding it hard to kill them off lol</p><p> </p><p> </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/0-12gsEJbEs?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Death of Jessica"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p> </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/211iOD99FMg?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="The Death of Matt"></iframe></div></div>