The Video Game Thread

Genadi

Question for those who play/have played or have simply dabbled in Skyrim.

How do you stop getting so overwhelmed with quests? I don't mean avoiding picking them up but I mean like I usually have so many that I never know what to do and in this game just the simple asct of traveling somewhere else to carry out a step in the quest usually results in you gaining like 10 more quests.

I've played a few saves on the 360 but usually kinda burn out for this reason, just recently got a PS3 copy after selling my 360 and all the games and I'm looking for tips before I start.

Thaaaaaanks

How do you stop getting so overwhelmed with quests? I don't mean avoiding picking them up but I mean like I usually have so many that I never know what to do and in this game just the simple asct of traveling somewhere else to carry out a step in the quest usually results in you gaining like 10 more quests.

I've played a few saves on the 360 but usually kinda burn out for this reason, just recently got a PS3 copy after selling my 360 and all the games and I'm looking for tips before I start.

Thaaaaaanks

I like to get a house first, store all my items there, choose a quest, choose my weapon, armor, items, etc. and roleplay into finishing the quest. No fast travel, no buying potions, no looting armor or weapons (who carries multiple armors?). I enjoy just focusing on one quest at a time even if its one of the radiant quests.

Thaaaaaanks

For me I just go down the line one at a time. If I want 'quickie' quests I'll look at one of the hundreds of side quests I still have yet to do. If I want something longer I'll pick a main quest that perks my interest at the time.

What I personally hate is having Joe Farmer's wooden bow, or some random Bard's lute stuck in my inventory as a quest item for a quest I don't even HAVE yet. Can't drop it, it's a quest item and it still tacks onto your carry limit...grr....

Thaaaaaanks

I like to clear one town at a time and if I get a quest that takes me away from the area I set it aside for later.

Rarely a quest is time-constrained, so just stack 'em up. I don't see the problem of being 'overwhelmed'. :p If you're unsure which one to pick, just randomly select one? Or activate the markers all at once and go to the nearest?

I should get back to Skyrim now that it's going smoothly (by disabling some mods like ImmersiveCreatures, though it's non-scripted). But I just finally started playing Baldur's Gate EE. So far I see little new stuff, but meh. And there's Divinity that I still need to play. And cardgames take heaps of my time. Just received a beta key for HEX (finally). The game is almost exactly like Magic the Gathering, except slightly less mana-screw and some extra effects that are simply not possible with physical cards. Quite fun, but no way to get any boosters apart from paying? That's a pity. As long as it offers little extras I'm going to stick with the physical cardgames like Star Wars, Netrunner and Game of Thrones.

I like to get a house first, store all my items there, choose a quest, choose my weapon, armor, items, etc. and roleplay into finishing the quest. No fast travel, no buying potions, no looting armor or weapons (who carries multiple armors?). I enjoy just focusing on one quest at a time even if its one of the radiant quests.

For me I just go down the line one at a time. If I want 'quickie' quests I'll look at one of the hundreds of side quests I still have yet to do. If I want something longer I'll pick a main quest that perks my interest at the time.

What I personally hate is having Joe Farmer's wooden bow, or some random Bard's lute stuck in my inventory as a quest item for a quest I don't even HAVE yet. Can't drop it, it's a quest item and it still tacks onto your carry limit...grr....

I like to clear one town at a time and if I get a quest that takes me away from the area I set it aside for later.

Rarely a quest is time-constrained, so just stack 'em up. I don't see the problem of being 'overwhelmed'. :p If you're unsure which one to pick, just randomly select one? Or activate the markers all at once and go to the nearest?

I should get back to Skyrim now that it's going smoothly (by disabling some mods like ImmersiveCreatures, though it's non-scripted). But I just finally started playing Baldur's Gate EE. So far I see little new stuff, but meh. And there's Divinity that I still need to play. And cardgames take heaps of my time. Just received a beta key for HEX (finally). The game is almost exactly like Magic the Gathering, except slightly less mana-screw and some extra effects that are simply not possible with physical cards. Quite fun, but no way to get any boosters apart from paying? That's a pity. As long as it offers little extras I'm going to stick with the physical cardgames like Star Wars, Netrunner and Game of Thrones.

Cheers guys for the advise, that certainly helps.

also you guys do you prefer playing 1st or 3rd person?

I prefer 1st but my wife prefers 3rd...

I feel in 3rd the character takes up too much of the screen.

Cheers guys for the advise, that certainly helps.

also you guys do you prefer playing 1st or 3rd person?

I prefer 1st but my wife prefers 3rd...

I feel in 3rd the character takes up too much of the screen.

I prefer third person for melee and magic characters and first for ranged characters because I can't aim for crap in third.

You gotta laugh at some of the PC pricing these days..

Purchased Sims 4 today (to review for a site I work at). Origin want me to spend £59.99 ($97.88) to purchase this, as does the Sims official site.

5 minutes of looking around on the internet and I found it for £25.99 ($48.40)

Hmmmmm. I wonder which one I would buy?

You gotta laugh at some of the PC pricing these days..

Purchased Sims 4 today (to review for a site I work at). Origin want me to spend £59.99 ($97.88) to purchase this, as does the Sims official site.

5 minutes of looking around on the internet and I found it for £25.99 ($48.40)

Hmmmmm. I wonder which one I would buy?

In my favourites bar on Chrome I have a folder called "Video Games" that has about 15-20 web stores in it, including Steam, Origin, etc. and when I want to buy a game I mass open them all, and one by one copy and paste the title of the game into their searches, keeping the cheapest one open, and closing anything that is higher. Takes a few minutes but I've saved so much money doing it this way. I think when I bought Wach Dogs I ended up saying about £20 off the Steam price, and that was on release.

In my favourites bar on Chrome I have a folder called "Video Games" that has about 15-20 web stores in it, including Steam, Origin, etc. and when I want to buy a game I mass open them all, and one by one copy and paste the title of the game into their searches, keeping the cheapest one open, and closing anything that is higher. Takes a few minutes but I've saved so much money doing it this way. I think when I bought Wach Dogs I ended up saying about £20 off the Steam price, and that was on release.

Can you PM me these sites lol?

So I finally got my hands on a PA4 and Diablo ultimate evil addition.

I've played the original on PS3 and like the changes I've seen so far. Anyone else playing this?

Also quick question. I've used the same PSN info I did for PS3 will my contacts stay the same on the 4?

Should be. As long as it's the same account your friends lsit will carry over to PS4, Vita, etc. Add me up :) PSN is BigTisHere. I only have one friend who plays Diablo and all my gift drops (and there's a considerable amount) only drop for him currently. And he barely plays :-( A Waste!

In other gaming related news I broke down and bought Madden. I swore I was going to skip it this year with Diablo and Destiny out but I just needed my football fix :-) I like it. I have a few problems overall but I liek switching to the defense camera. I'm much more into playing defense this year and my failures feel more like my fault, which is consequently making the game more rewarding when I succeed versus the frustration when I lost in past years, where I felt like the AI had to do too much work on defense.

There's some problems though. for one I had issues downloading the current tuning update and roster files. they kept causing a loading freeze and I eventually had to hard boot my Xbox One, delete the entire Madden file on my HD, do ANOTHER hard reset, then reinstall everything, do ANOTHER hard reset, then download the new files. It's an issue a small number of people are having but for whatever reason I had it. Took me like an hour or two of time that should have been spent playing :(

And there's a weird split second delay on the menu. Some people apparently don't notice it but I noticed it immediately. When you make a selection it takes like a second for the boxes to scroll to the selection I want and things like that. It's kind of annoying and leads to me accidentally picking the wrong play a few too many times. Hasn't happened a lot but it happens enough that it annoys me. The graphics are great, but the game still doesnt run as smoothly as I'd have liked. Madden always runs worse than Fifa and NHL anyway so i guess I'm used to it. I was kind of hoping for more but I can't say specifically what I wanted improved except the general crispness and smoothness of the game. The "Game prep" system is cool because caan finally develop players who aren't getting into games, which is something I've always wanted in Madden.

Actually, you can find one of the cheap offers on the SIMS site actually. Wonder why they promote it...:rolleyes:
Possibly due to the slamming reviews.. I don't actually find it that bad.. The new build mode is awesome and the emotions make conversations a lot more interesting.. I just wish it wasn't a case of spamming certain choices

Should be. As long as it's the same account your friends lsit will carry over to PS4, Vita, etc. Add me up :) PSN is BigTisHere. I only have one friend who plays Diablo and all my gift drops (and there's a considerable amount) only drop for him currently. And he barely plays :-( A Waste!

In other gaming related news I broke down and bought Madden. I swore I was going to skip it this year with Diablo and Destiny out but I just needed my football fix :-) I like it. I have a few problems overall but I liek switching to the defense camera. I'm much more into playing defense this year and my failures feel more like my fault, which is consequently making the game more rewarding when I succeed versus the frustration when I lost in past years, where I felt like the AI had to do too much work on defense.

There's some problems though. for one I had issues downloading the current tuning update and roster files. they kept causing a loading freeze and I eventually had to hard boot my Xbox One, delete the entire Madden file on my HD, do ANOTHER hard reset, then reinstall everything, do ANOTHER hard reset, then download the new files. It's an issue a small number of people are having but for whatever reason I had it. Took me like an hour or two of time that should have been spent playing :(

And there's a weird split second delay on the menu. Some people apparently don't notice it but I noticed it immediately. When you make a selection it takes like a second for the boxes to scroll to the selection I want and things like that. It's kind of annoying and leads to me accidentally picking the wrong play a few too many times. Hasn't happened a lot but it happens enough that it annoys me. The graphics are great, but the game still doesnt run as smoothly as I'd have liked. Madden always runs worse than Fifa and NHL anyway so i guess I'm used to it. I was kind of hoping for more but I can't say specifically what I wanted improved except the general crispness and smoothness of the game. The "Game prep" system is cool because caan finally develop players who aren't getting into games, which is something I've always wanted in Madden.

Hmmm.. Sounds like an XB1 issue. My copy of Madden on PS4 has no dips as far as i'm aware.. Just outrageous loadup times...

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I finished Batman: Arkham Asylum last night. I started Arkham City straight after, and my friends have told me it's a much better game than Asylum, so I'm looking forward to getting through this one too, since I loved Asylum.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I finished Batman: Arkham Asylum last night. I started Arkham City straight after, and my friends have told me it's a much better game than Asylum, so I'm looking forward to getting through this one too, since I loved Asylum.

I loved Asylum, but hated the final Joker battle. I thought it was lame. City is a much more fun experience all around.

I loved Asylum, but hated the final Joker battle. I thought it was lame. City is a much more fun experience all around.

I wouldn't say I hated the final battle, but it would have been nice if it was more a battle of wits with the Joker at the end, instead of what there was. Definitely glad I took the time to play this game, I don't get nearly as much time to play games these days.

Yeah the final Joker battle was weird, but both games were overall excellent. I have yet to get Arkham Origins though. Waiting for a GOTY/Complete version.

I bought all three as part of a Steam bundle sale in the summer, I think it was like £7-10 for all three. I've not heard many good things about Origins, though?