1995: War of The Worlds

Oh I definately agree. Add Ricky Steamboat to the list of "dumb firings".

And their whole Dungeon of Doom vs. Hogan storyline is one of the dumbest main event feuds I can remember...

By that you mean one of the most hi-lar-i-ous.

Up there with the Big Boss Man Is The Evilest Man Alive angle.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Usually not. The only people I ever found who were genuinely funny when they meant to be were Edge, Christian and Jericho.

I'd add The Rock, Eddie Guerrero and CM Punk to that list personally. But other than that, I agree.

I'd add The Rock, Eddie Guerrero and CM Punk to that list personally. But other than that, I agree.

Continuing the off-topic discussion, I found Austin hilarious, and surely the beer drinking, bird flipping SOB routine is meant to be at least a little funny?

Continuing the off-topic discussion, I found Austin hilarious, and surely the beer drinking, bird flipping SOB routine is meant to be at least a little funny?

Well yeah he was somewhat funny as well, I just always saw him as more of a "badass" than a "funny guy".

Are you guys crazy? There have been tonnes of intentionally hilarious wrestlers (and wrestling personalities). Piper, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, Vince, Bobby Heenan, Jesse Ventura, Dr D Dave Schultz, Ernest Miller, Owen Hart, DX (apart from Billy Gunn and possibly X-Pac), The APA, Mick Foley, Terry Funk, Goldust, lots of guys from ECW. Even Raven, the darkest character ever was flat out comedy gold sometimes (also as Johnny Polo)

Lots more besides. Even nowadays. Jack Swagger is a riot, Santino goes without saying, even Batista was great when he was still around. Heck even Cena was funny before they started scripting his promos. William Regal

When on earth was Batista a funny guy? :confused:

I don't count a performer as "funny" in general just because he from time to time hit the spot.

But seriously, Santino? REALLY? He's in the dreaded Hornswoggle category from my point of view.

A dude with a tattoo around his navel who wore freaking kashmere turtlenecks outside the ring being pushed as a monster made me laugh, as did his pathetic in ring skills for the first 95% of his career.

Heh an interesting point, but I'm not much of a fan of the unintentionally funny wrestlers.

That said, I actually have a soft spot for Batista as a monster heel/badass face... :o

When was Batista funny? Fan: I hate you Batista! Batista: I HATE YOU TOO

That farewell speech he gave? His ridiculous OTT showboating ("GIMME MY SPOTLIGHT!")? He was pretty good for a while on SmackDown but in his last big run as a super arrogant heel on RAW he was great. I mean if you don't appreciate subtle humour then no he wasn't funny in the least but I thought his character was awesome

WoTW 1.03 is here!

Changes and additions include, but are not limited to:

- A bunch of additional PPV carriers, thanks to Genadi and his 1987 mod

- Over 100 new workers, mainly non-wrestlers from Genadi's 1987 mod

- A couple of new user characters, again from Genadi's 1987 mod

- 1 new promotion and 7 new titles (and nearly 100 new lines of title histories)

- Touring schedules has now been implemented for relevant promotions (mainly Japanese and European)

- Additional TV logos for WWF, WWE, WCW and TNA (picture pack required for this)

- Overhaul of events for many promotions

- Tons of other tweaks and corrections after running a 7-year AI test game

Download link, as usual, in the first post.

I haven't DLed this yet but does it sim pretty realistically? Are stats similiar to Genadis mods? I may try to DL this soon.

I simmed a game up till may 2002. Major points of interest:

- WCW became the biggest company in the world after a few years, and stayed that way. I find this to be pretty realistic as in the real world, WWF were kind of lucky to have stars like Steve Austin and The Rock break out and help form the Attitude Era to help them come back on top. In my simmed game, they signed neither (though Steve Austin became pretty big in ECW).

- ECW became the 3rd biggest company in the world around the year 2000, in spite of being cult (there were national companies in other countries that did better, so don't quite understand this) and eventually reached national. While not exactly super accurate, I don't see it as terrible either. With some better economic management, who knows what could have been?

- Some of the stars we know today are being pushed as stars, others aren't. Guys like Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, DDP, Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit all became main eventers and got pretty over.

- Some random deaths that occured: Rick Rude, Road Warrior Hawk, Curt Hennig, Jimmy Snuka, Miss Elizabeth, John Tenta, etc... I think 10-15 died in that period, which seems reasonable. And 80 % or so of the people who died actually did die around that time. Even so, I have tweaked down drug levels a bit since my sim, to avoid their performance being hit too much. Have yet to test how deaths occur since.

- Not quite as many promotions are currently running into the ground as I could desire, which I'll have a look at. But several of the ones who did go under will likely go under.

In regards to Genadi's mod, I think my workers generally have better basic skills than in this mod, as I a while back upped most workers' stats in this area. This was done as I found the AI promotions to be struggling to get proper event grades, most notably WCW and WWF. It sims much better now.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

It's a really nice mod, the only thing I don't like is the pic pack, some workers have wrong pictures (Raven' pic is wrong, as well The Undertaker's), and most of the workers only have one picture attached. Using a more accurate pic pack, like the ones used in Genadi's mods would be really useful, IMO. :)

It's a really nice mod, the only thing I don't like is the pic pack, some workers have wrong pictures (Raven' pic is wrong, as well The Undertaker's), and most of the workers only have one picture attached. Using a more accurate pic pack, like the ones used in Genadi's mods would be really useful, IMO. :)

It's fair enough if you don't like the pictures themselves, with them being very different from each other and not having a common background as some other picture packs. And yes, most workers have just one picture (though lots of workers have several). However... you must have either installed the pack wrong, used it with a different mod or used a different pic pack with this mod; because the errors you describe are not present in my own version, nor have I ever heard anyone else mentioned something like that. I recommend re-installing the mod and picture pack if the error persists.

I downloaded yesterday the version that is in the first post, and just noticed that the Raven's pic isn't correct 'cos it's of his TNA period. Also Rey Mysterio has a pic of his Smackdown period. But these are not major problems, the thing that I would really like is a big pic pack, so that I can play long time games manually changing the pictures while the workers grow in age.

I downloaded yesterday the version that is in the first post, and just noticed that the Raven's pic isn't correct 'cos it's of his TNA period. Also Rey Mysterio has a pic of his Smackdown period. But these are not major problems, the thing that I would really like is a big pic pack, so that I can play long time games manually changing the pictures while the workers grow in age.

Ah, okay... yeah I thought you meant they were incorrect as in showing pictures of wrong workers...

But yeah your point is true. For some workers, I did a little extra to find time-period specific pictures (like Guerrero and Sting, for example) but I mostly just went for some good, clean pictures that. This is partially because finding 95-ish specific pics for all workers would take a lot more time than the already VERY time-consuming picture hunting I did, and also because that although my mod starts in 1995, it's meant to be played well into the next decade.

But I've heard of others who used this picture pack with my mod, which should suit your needs better I think:

http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=187909

Btw, if you downloaded yesterday you probably got version 1.02 - I strongly recommend getting 1.03. :)

Thanks for the link. ;)

And one last question: in the 1.02 version (even though I'll download the 1.03 before starting a game), you chose not to put narratives that hit WCW or ECW's finances, I appreciate that because it's a more "free" game, but you chose to put the financial crisis of 2007, why?

Thanks for the link. ;)

And one last question: in the 1.02 version (even though I'll download the 1.03 before starting a game), you chose not to put narratives that hit WCW or ECW's finances, I appreciate that because it's a more "free" game, but you chose to put the financial crisis of 2007, why?

It's an event outside the wrestling business that also influenced the wrestling business (as it influenced everything else). But it's not something that influences promotions or workers in the game directly, which I don't like. TEW is all about changing the history of workers and promotions, not being forced to re-live bankruptcies and accidents when they perhaps don't make much ingame sense.

I did consider deleting the financial crisis one and just let it be completely without narratives as a whole, but was undecided on the issue.

Something I noticed right away: WWF has the European Title active. That belt wasn't created until 1997

Yeah I know. I did that because I had the IC title as first a main event title and later floating title (but for the latest release made it midcard), meaning that if they did not start with a singles midcard title, they would create one right off the bat. And in such a scenario, I felt it would be better if they used an actual WWF belt a bit too early instead of making up a completely fake one.

But now that IC is midcard, I will retire the title.

Something I noticed with the previous version that has carried over into the next version: Action Jackson with 75% hard drug use. :confused: I've lived here in the DFW area and having worked in the Texas indy circuit(announcer), I don't recall hearing many stories of Action Jackson doing hard drugs. Then again, maybe you've heard or read things that I haven't come across yet. *shrugs*

Something I noticed with the previous version that has carried over into the next version: Action Jackson with 75% hard drug use. :confused: I've lived here in the DFW area and having worked in the Texas indy circuit(announcer), I don't recall hearing many stories of Action Jackson doing hard drugs. Then again, maybe you've heard or read things that I haven't come across yet. *shrugs*

Good find, don't know quite how that happened. I can't recall having read anything about him doing drugs (or much about him at all, for that matter). I'll remove it for the next release.

Archived