1995: War of The Worlds

Good find, don't know quite how that happened. I can't recall having read anything about him doing drugs (or much about him at all, for that matter). I'll remove it for the next release.

Good deal. Easy fix for me as I can edit it myself, but good call on removing it for future release. :)

Like I said, I've worked with him, even been around him numerous times(even at shows I wasn't working at, just attending), and never got the impression of him doing drugs. And he was a great guy to boot. :cool: Always had fun calling his matches when he wrestled at XCW because I had to keep myself from laughing when my broadcast colleague, Matt Avery, would poke fun at him by comparing him to Barney(yes, the purple dinosaur) and even breaking out into "I love you, you love me" :D

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, Matt, I really wish I was an announcer somewhere because of those kinds of stories.

I can only hope that the episodes of XCW where Avery broke out into "I love you, you love me" to poke fun of Action Jackson turn up somewhere. :D

OK, back on topic about this mod. :p

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently working on what will likely be the last major update for this mod, which will include ~200-400 new future workers and likely a handful of new future promotions as well. And of course, the usual tweaks here and there.

So if anyone have suggestions/requests for the next version, please speak up. :)

Firstly i love this mod and era in wrestling..

Secondly my request for the new update is to see some more old school wrestlers or retired workers and more aussie, Uk and european wrestlers..

and thirdly suggestions for new promotions....

Future of Wrestling... promoted by Bobby Rogers ran from 1997 to 2002 i think

a promotion or 2 in Hawaii, Hawaii Championship Wrestling or Action Zone Wrestling are the only two i can think of

Empire Wrestling Federation run by Jesse Hernadez

Big Time Wrestling

Assault Championship Wrestling ran from 2000-2004 and was promoted by Jason Knight..

MXW Pro Wrestling promoted by Joel Gertner ran from 2000 to 2007

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/promotions/independent/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_independent_wrestling_promotions_in_the_United_States#Florida

Firstly i love this mod and era in wrestling..

Secondly my request for the new update is to see some more old school wrestlers or retired workers and more aussie, Uk and european wrestlers..

and thirdly suggestions for new promotions....

Future of Wrestling... promoted by Bobby Rogers ran from 1997 to 2002 i think

a promotion or 2 in Hawaii, Hawaii Championship Wrestling or Action Zone Wrestling are the only two i can think of

Empire Wrestling Federation run by Jesse Hernadez

Big Time Wrestling

Assault Championship Wrestling ran from 2000-2004 and was promoted by Jason Knight..

MXW Pro Wrestling promoted by Joel Gertner ran from 2000 to 2007

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/promotions/independent/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_independent_wrestling_promotions_in_the_United_States#Florida

Thanks for the response!

It's funny that you request more old school retired wrestlers, I was a bit afraid that I had actually added too many since my last update... I feel I have pretty much all the major stars from the 70's and 80's included, are there anyone in particular you miss?

I agree that there's a shortage of UK, European and Australian workers. I just don't know all that much about those areas, but I'll see what I can do.

I'll also look into the promotions you suggested, and see whether they could perhaps be interesting to add. However, Hawaii Championship Wrestling is already included... they just don't debut untill 2003.

I have added lots of old workers myself so i might just be getting confused with who i have added and who was already in there. But guys like Ivan Koloff and Ivan Putski where the two that i was think, they have no major importance but Ivan Putski made some appearances for WWF in 1997 in a mini fued with jerry lawler and brian christopher teaming with his son scott,

I'd be happy to help out with europe, Australia and Uk, i'm no expert but i like to research :)

I have added lots of old workers myself so i might just be getting confused with who i have added and who was already in there. But guys like Ivan Koloff and Ivan Putski where the two that i was think, they have no major importance but Ivan Putski made some appearances for WWF in 1997 in a mini fued with jerry lawler and brian christopher teaming with his son scott,

Ivan Koloff is actually already included in the latest release. I'll add Putski for the next one. :)

I'd be happy to help out with europe, Australia and Uk, i'm no expert but i like to research :)

Well it would be great to have those areas fleshed out a bit more, but I personally find info on those areas a bit sparse. Especially Australia is lacking, as I only have 4 workers there... I must admit to knowing virtually nothing about the Australian wrestling scene.

I've tried finding info on a now defunct Texas indy promotion, CWA(not to be confused with the Memphis outfit), which was one of the last promotions to run at the Sportatorium, but I can barely find info on all the guys they had and only have info on the guys that I have for forthcoming PCW mod, and most of those didn't debut till after the CWA was gone. I tried to help, though! :D

http://www.australiansportsentertainment.com/austwrestlerlist.html

try this site, it helped when i was adding workers to my personal data

Thanks but there's so very little info on the workers, it would be hard to make anything accurate from it imo.

I've tried finding info on a now defunct Texas indy promotion, CWA(not to be confused with the Memphis outfit), which was one of the last promotions to run at the Sportatorium, but I can barely find info on all the guys they had and only have info on the guys that I have for forthcoming PCW mod, and most of those didn't debut till after the CWA was gone. I tried to help, though! :D

Yeah smaller indy feds even in recent time can be a bit hard to find info on.

These are the guys that I have for sure. Maybe it would be enough to include a Texas promotion? Of course, you already have Action Jackson and Scott Putski.

Wrestlers:

-Khrusher Kong

-Cedric Crain(alter egos: Ced Man, Cedric of Hollywood)

-Khris Germany

-Zane Morris(don't believe he worked for CWA, but he had already debuted by this time)

Wrestlers that may already be in the database(or in another database, some of which that did work for CWA):

-Terry Gordy

-Bill Irwin

-Greg Valentine

-Firebreaker Chip

-Black Bart

-Chris Adams

Referee(not already in database):

-Rick Manning

You could also throw in long-time Sportatorium referee James Beard as I believe he might have still been refereeing around this time.

Another worker who was a manager at the time was Lance Romance. Not sure if he worked CWA, but I do know he had already been around for several years. In fact, I remember at an XCW show(I remember because I called it, lol) Axl Rotten credited him for helping him out early in his career at the GWF.

You could probably throw in Manny Fernandez as a road agent, or maybe Johnny Mantell if he is in the database(if not, I could look to see if he's in one of Genadi's Golden Age mods).

It's your mod though, so it's totally your call. It won't chap my ass. :)

EDIT: Before I forget, I recall Angel of Death was the color commentator for the CWA, and Doyle King was the play by play man. I could probably find some info on Doyle as he has been gaining some popularity down here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area due to his appearances on the Hardline radio show on 1310 the Ticket.

EDIT 2: Skandor Akbar managed there too, now that I remember, and had a revived Devastation Inc. that included Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, and I'm not 100% sure, but I think it may have included the One Man Gang as well(as IIRC, he was gone from WCW by this time).

If you guys want to lament me for not including certain people, at least make sure you have the latest version and check whether they are in fact included there first. :p

In which timeframe did CWA operate?

If you guys want to lament me for not including certain people, at least make sure you have the latest version and check whether they are in fact included there first. :p

In which timeframe did CWA operate?

My fault for not playing the latest one. :D

Anyway, CWA operated throughout 1996. It's too bad that it didn't last, because I always thought their shows were fun to watch at 1 in the morning on Friday nights. :p

Oh, here's a link that might be useful. I believe there are some other workers that I didn't list that are linked in this link:

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=44088

And I'll be damned if I didn't forget all about Rod Price and Bobby Duncum, Jr. having wrestled there!

I think the cagematch entry for this CWA is a bit messed up, as it says it's the one owned by Jerry Jarrett... which makes no sense at all, since that one - as far as I recall - was the foundation for USWA.

I think the cagematch entry for this CWA is a bit messed up, as it says it's the one owned by Jerry Jarrett... which makes no sense at all, since that one - as far as I recall - was the foundation for USWA.

Yeah, I just caught that too. But the workers that I did list above I do know for sure either worked for the Texas version of the CWA(even if just one or two matches), or were at least in the business. At least it gave me some useful info on Guido Falcone! :p

Can someone put up a mirror for this, hopefully including the pictures? I'm dying to download this, but Megaupload hasn't been working for me. I've been very patient, waiting a week to see if I can connect to it, but I can't. Strangely, I've downloaded other Megaupload files recently.

I would really appreciate it.

If you guys help me with product settings, dates and owners I'm willing to add pretty much any (reasonable) promotion to the game. Though I can't promise that I'll add every single obscure worker they've had, it all depends on available info and value to the mod.

Can someone put up a mirror for this, hopefully including the pictures? I'm dying to download this, but Megaupload hasn't been working for me. I've been very patient, waiting a week to see if I can connect to it, but I can't. Strangely, I've downloaded other Megaupload files recently.

I would really appreciate it.

I don't personally currently have access to other sites, but if anyone would be willing you have my blessing to upload it somewhere else.

• 4 weeks later...

People not knowing who Clarence Mason was makes me sad.

Next you'll be telling me you don't know Slick! :(

Speaking of guys who were funny, I always thought some of the big men, in bfg mode, were rather funny. Mark Henry had his moments and Big Show is frickin' hilarious.

I also seem to remember D-Lo Brown doing amusing stuff around his European title days to.

Here's a big one Hive dude, you need to include Flair and Arn's saga in the starting storylines. It was a huge part of Nitro, and the feud had been going since the previous Clash when Arn walked out on Ric because he felt Flair was relying too much on "The Enforcer" and Anderson finally felt it was his time to step out and shine. It led us to a very good match at Fall Brawl, and then basically carried Nitro (Hogan be damned) up to the point of the formation of the Horsemen at Halloween Havoc.

I didn't mention anything before because it was nothing for me to just add it to my game, but when there's a diary running over on the dynasties board that didn't include it because I guess they didn't know it since it wasn't there to begin with, then it's more severe.

On a smaller note, there were more storylines you could have added for WCW, those being Cobra vs Pittman, who were having some kind of respect/military feud going, and Kurasawa vs Hawk, as Kurasawa had been given on-screen credit for breaking Hawk's arm.

Here's a big one Hive dude, you need to include Flair and Arn's saga in the starting storylines. It was a huge part of Nitro, and the feud had been going since the previous Clash when Arn walked out on Ric because he felt Flair was relying too much on "The Enforcer" and Anderson finally felt it was his time to step out and shine. It led us to a very good match at Fall Brawl, and then basically carried Nitro (Hogan be damned) up to the point of the formation of the Horsemen at Halloween Havoc.

The reason why I don't have it as a starting storyline is that I kinda see the Arn/Flair thing as a part of the ongoing Sting/Flair feud, which saw Sting help Flair against Arn and Pillman only to end up being betrayed. But I agree that it was still kind of a big thing, so I'll add it for the next release.

I didn't mention anything before because it was nothing for me to just add it to my game, but when there's a diary running over on the dynasties board that didn't include it because I guess they didn't know it since it wasn't there to begin with, then it's more severe.

Well feel free to speak up about any errors/missing stuff you find, big as well as minor. I'm always looking to improve. :)

On a smaller note, there were more storylines you could have added for WCW, those being Cobra vs Pittman, who were having some kind of respect/military feud going, and Kurasawa vs Hawk, as Kurasawa had been given on-screen credit for breaking Hawk's arm.

I don't want to have 10 different storylines for each fed, so I've only taken those I found to be major or semi-major. But I suppose Kurasawa "breaking" Hawk's arm is indeed big enough to be included.

For smaller storylines, I just assume that most people who start up a diary do some initial research and can fill those feuds out themselves.

Just wanted to tell you great job with the mod. I couldn't get into TEW for a really long time and doing my dynasty with WCW is just what I needed. It's playing like a dream, something I haven't really found outside the C-Verse that I'd be interested in playing.

On this, yeah it'd be nice to have the Flair/Arn feud, but I'd much rather have the Sting/Flair feud and let people go from there. And I'm 99.9% sure mine is the dynasty you are talking about since you brought it up there. I knew about it fully, I just decided to go a different direction with that feud at the start, I didn't want to just redo everything WCW did at the beginning.

Archived