I'm currently using UFC rules but am curious the effect of usingl "Knee strikes to head while grounded" and "stomps to downed opponent"?

I assume the knee strikes makes life a little harder for grapplers and BJJ fighters? and Stomps gives a more random edge to fights that go to the ground?

I'd also guess that they'd increase the likelyhood of longer recovery periods due to how violent these rules are?

I'm currently using UFC rules but am curious the effect of usingl "Knee strikes to head while grounded" and "stomps to downed opponent"?

I assume the knee strikes makes life a little harder for grapplers and BJJ fighters? and Stomps gives a more random edge to fights that go to the ground?

I'd also guess that they'd increase the likelyhood of longer recovery periods due to how violent these rules are?

I use the knees to the head and stomps when on the floor and find it all really rather pointless. I often see fighters drill their opponents in the head with several knees when on the ground and have yet to see one single knockout from them. As far as stomps go........well I have seen one attempted in 200+ events.

Yeah, you'll definitely see knees to the head from the sprawl if they're allowed, but I don't remember ever seeing someone knocked out with them. I'm pretty sure I have seen a stoppage or two resulting from a series of unchecked knees to the head in that position, though. And they definitely result in big points even if they don't end the fight--they can easily lead to 10-8 or even 10-7 rounds.

So I'd definitely agree with Daffanka that guys with good sprawl will be the ones who are likely to benefit most from being allowed to use knee strikes to head while grounded.

Archived