August DOTM: Rookie

August DOTM: Rookie  

46 members have voted

1. 1. August DOTM: Rookie

• cmdrsam's "MACW/WCW Jim Crockett hero or just another notch?"
    • ajcrible's "God Bless Texas- 1977 C-Verse"
    • Jaded's "'The Minor Annoyance' Rebel Yell presents Real American Wrestling"
    • TheLeviticalLawKid3's "USPW: A Flash of Genius"
    • Eisen-verse's [- SWF -]: "The Incessant Need for Supremacy"
    • Stennick's California Pro Wrestling "CALIFORNIA DREAM'N" - '77 C Verse
    • LoNdOn's "HCG: The TOTAL Makeover"

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

• [thread=164808]cmdrsam's MACW/WCW Jim Crockett hero or just another notch? [/thread]
  • [thread=152678]ajcrible's God Bless Texas- 1977 C-Verse[/thread]
  • [thread=165055]Jaded's 'The Minor Annoyance' Rebel Yell presents Real American Wrestling[/thread]
  • [thread=157831]TheLeviticalLawKid3's USPW: A Flash of Genius[/thread]
  • [thread=153476]Eisen-verse's [- SWF -]: "The Incessant Need for Supremacy"[/thread]
  • [thread=166204]Stennick's California Pro Wrestling "CALIFORNIA DREAM'N" - '77 C Verse[/thread]
  • [thread=165817]LoNdOn's HCG: The TOTAL Makeover[/thread]

Gave my vote to cmdrsam. I'm always fascinated by the old school diaries that pop up, just to see history play out at least somewhat differently than it actually did.

Gave my vote to cmdrsam as well, because I think it is very good. Also, I feel more connected with the wrestling from back then.

To be honest I'm honoured to be in the same poll as these guys!

Angel continually does great work with USPW diaries and this is no exception...

E-V's SWF is an amazing read...

Stennick's 77 diary is one of my favourites at the moment...

London's HGC is just phenomenal. Absolutely amazing stuff from a sadly underrepresented mod.

But I'm going for a Flash of Genius; it's a brilliant dynasty and I love the way that there's a REASON for all the indy talent joining USPW, and they're not being super-pushed. Very very tough call, but on balance it's my favourite.

London's HGC is just phenomenal. Absolutely amazing stuff from a sadly underrepresented mod.

But I'm going for a Flash of Genius; it's a brilliant dynasty and I love the way that there's a REASON for all the indy talent joining USPW, and they're not being super-pushed. Very very tough call, but on balance it's my favourite.

To hear this from a guy who has been on these boards since 2004, I am honored.

This was a rough month to be in and vote for for Rookie...there are a whole bunch of great reads here. But, Jaded, your amazing RY-RAW dynasty gets my vote. Keep up the amazing work.

That comment made my day sir. I didn't even expect to get a nomination. :)

Guest cmdrsam
It is an honor to be listed and voted for. I thank you. If I had 6 votes I would have voted for everybody here but myself. However I gave my vote to Mr London. But to everybody here, congradulations and lets keep em coming.

Just to piggyback on everyone else's comments, I really appreciate being nominated and having multiple votes! What a pleasant surprise for a first time diary writer. And despite it putting me at least one vote behind, I had to vote for LLK3's USPW diary for being a (rare) new twist on an old-time favorite.

I've been lurking here for years but never really needed to make an account until I had a question in the Small Questions thread. That being said I wanted to say that all of the dynasties RW, CV and Rook are really good this month. Congrats to everybody in all three I just picked this one since it was the highest one on the forum

Voted for my boy cmdrsam. Brudda, love how you're bringing the time period alive. There's little succinct spots littered in your diary that take me back truly to what the territories were about, compelling people to fight the urge to break kayfabe and for a sense that this was real.

Well done to all nominees. Hope to see all the diaries stick around for some time.

Archived