C-Verse 2001: The Hype Thread

#Input from the fans Okay folks, I've got a question for ye: Back in 2001 Too Hot and Matt Sparrow are breaking into the business as a tag team...but what is their tag team named? Suggestions go go go!

Fun Lovin' Flightplan? They're both high fliers, and default to a fun babyface gimmick if memory serves

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay folks, I've got a question for ye: Back in 2001 Too Hot and Matt Sparrow are breaking into the business as a tag team...but what is their tag team named? Suggestions go go go!

I'm a big fan of hokey names, particularly for young guys. Since both are from North Dakota, I suggest the Fargo Fliers, the Bison Boys (North Dakota State's mascot is the Bison), the Bismarck Boys, or the Epping Express (Epping is a little town in ND). Just my two cents.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o291/Aidanbro111/CV2001_2.jpg

CV2001 Mod Update

Promotions that are looking sharp right now:

* DAVE

* NOTBPW

* USPW

* SCCW (at least it would be if the AI would follow instructions and book tag matches more often)

* CZCW

* 21CW (I'm as shocked as you are. Pre-Nova 21CW actually proved somewhat of a blank canvas for me and I thought up one or two thing that'll actually make it interesting to play as)

Promotions that are a bit of a mess right now:

* SWF

* Mexico

Getting SWF is proving a stiff enough task. The 97 team definitely gave SWF a give of an Attitude vibe by throwing a lot of wacky characters in with the good, such as the Outbackers and Wrestlebot 9000. Not that I'm saying it's an impossible task or anything, but I get the feeling getting SWF will take a good bit of tweaking.

Mexico (all of it), is slightly better, although accurately reflecting SOTBPW's position at 2001 is a bit tricky.

DAVE, on the other hand, is looking quite nifty. The roster I believe is fairly accurate and fun, and I think I've got the roster popularity settings about right. The only issue is DAVE's promotion popularity: Personally I want to have DAVE still at Regional in order to give the player a chance to better prepare DAVE for the test that is Cult. However, with the hardcore god that is Nemesis leading DAVE forward it takes the AI weeks, not months, to take America's wrestling alternative to Cult status. This is probably because I've given DAVE Dangerzone TV. I mean, by 2001 DAVE must have been on TV if it was at Cult by 2005. That's my logic anyways. Slight tweaks will hopefully bear more positive results.

While AI might not be behaving quite right with it, I get the feeling SCCW will provide a enjoyable experience for the user. They're a lot of personality there down south and I think SCCW will suit players looking for a small company with the potential to grow down to the ground.

NOTBPW definitely has the right vibe to it right now, at least in my mind. NOTBPW 2001 proves a very different experience to that of current NOTBPW, and I dare say might prove to have more personality as well.

I might as well add too that I'm including a small promotion in the midwest US region to serve as a place where indie can gain some experience. While CZCW and SCCW are still places where talent can make their name, the two both have unique styles and I felt there wasn't any harm in adding somewhere else that unknowns could go to. After all in 2010 there are 11 USA promotions, and in 1997 there was around the same number. My current count is only 9, so hell maybe we could even see one more if needs be.

If you've got any questions for me about the mod, don't be afraid to ask. While I don't what to reveal absolutely everything (as personally I always found discovering new information when playing a historical mod enjoyable) I'm happy to discuss plenty of things about the mod. So If you've got a thought that runs along the lines of "You know what'd be interesting to have in the CV2001; example example example!" I'd love to hear it.

Are you creating some of your own characters who aren't in other mod's or does '01 have a good enough worker depth to keep with '97 and the modern day workers in the data?

Loving the mod progress/hype (well it's hyped me :D) I was excited for '05 mod DAVE, but I'm just as pumped for the '01 rendition and Nemesis taking everyone out.

Speaking as an NYCW fan, how's that company going? You haven't mentioned it much, and whilst I don't really want huge amounts of detail (like yourself, I prefer finding stuff out as I explore the database), it'd be nice to hear something on my favourite company.

Are you creating some of your own characters who aren't in other mod's or does '01 have a good enough worker depth to keep with '97 and the modern day workers in the data?

Loving the mod progress/hype (well it's hyped me :D) I was excited for '05 mod DAVE, but I'm just as pumped for the '01 rendition and Nemesis taking everyone out.

#Will you create characters for the mod? In a word: Yes. I will throw a few (but not too many) characters just to liven things up. Most of them will be fairly minor, as I feel it wouldn't make too much sense for someone to be a star in 2001 only to be irrelevant by 2005.

#Progress Reports I enjoy keeping people up to date and informed, and I think people like to be involved in this, just as Ryland keeps people happy with the development journals he does.

Speaking as an NYCW fan, how's that company going? You haven't mentioned it much, and whilst I don't really want huge amounts of detail (like yourself, I prefer finding stuff out as I explore the database), it'd be nice to hear something on my favourite company.

#NYCW For a NYCW fan, I guess the biggest buzz around the promotion will be that Joey Minnesota has just debuted for the company. Think about that...Joey F'N Minnesota. Last ever DAVE Brass Knuckles Champion. Current TCW Mega-star. Mentor of KC Gleen. That's all in-front of uber-talented young kid. Sky is the limit for him, and NYCW are the first to get their hands on him. Will he usher in a new era for NYCW? That choice will be yours as your grip the reins of control if you choose NYCW.

Nothing major, I guess it 's just a case of needing more elbow grease and time really. Not that I've abandoned them, it's just I haven't gotten around to working on Japan and Mexico too much yet. The main tweaking involved in Mexico for me right now is reflecting the fact that SOTBPW made a big impact on the lucha scene by snapping up talent with their extra montary funds, but not making them the clear favourites for domination yet at that stage. I'm trying to keep Mexico roughly balanced with SOTBPW only having a slight advantage if you know what I'm saying.

Will USPW just be a blank canvas with Danny Jill-something (the owner), or will it already have some of the roster in?

Edit: Nevermind, I think they debut mid way through the year.

Currently I have USPW setup like HGC was in the CV97 mod; a roster already made up but no shows have been held nor has any champions being crowned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Saga continues/Help Wanted

Progress continues on the CV2001 mod, however I will admit that it has been slowed by real life responsibilities I've had to take care of. One aspect that I'm constantly putting off is the title lineages. Titles lineages take up a lot of time that could be spent elsewhere so I've never gotten down to taking them from 97 to 2001. But it has to be done. So...

Would anyone care to aid me and help complete the title lineages? Your contribution would be a big help in forwarding this mod.

Archived